• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master

Just had to do that. hahahaha.

Chewe just go on the peach boards and look up video's and just see how they play. The one thing i see with alot of peaches is they use the turnip very well almost like toon links bombs where they re-catch it and confuse the opponent. Also if you are aware peach as a up air infinite on toon link now i think. ;)

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
@Alzi, the first time I got it fixed I didn't send it to nintendo australia, they were quoting $160 to fix it since it was out of warranty. I went to a place down the road about 3 months ago and paid $100 bucks to fix it within 4 days, its still under warranty for that place, but I cbf bring it in/finding the receipt.
Plus homebrew is awesome, I don't have to pay for games (Y)

Level 9 Luigi

Smash Rookie
Gosh, what a tournament guys. Glenn so surprised me, and I actually took a game off Alzi! I really think I'm getting better. :) Pity it didn't finish, and that Metaknight guy was such an *******. Oh well.

lain

Smash Master
If a national is coming up, you guys should definitely look into sponsoring me!!!!!!!!

ticket would cost like $2000.... which means if like 100 people entered brawl + melee and i won everything, it would BARELY (not) cover my ticket. lol. but it would be super amazing to visit another country and shiz (especially Australia, which shaya tells me has some CRAZY outerspace weed or something)

what was the last turnout of rocky?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If a national is coming up, you guys should definitely look into sponsoring me!!!!!!!!

ticket would cost like $2000.... which means if like 100 people entered brawl + melee and i won everything, it would BARELY (not) cover my ticket. lol. but it would be super amazing to visit another country and shiz (especially Australia, which shaya tells me has some CRAZY outerspace weed or something)

what was the last turnout of rocky?
Flights to the US and back are typically $1200USD from LAX, $1400USD from the midwest, if you know where to search. We are looking at additional sponsorship arrangements, so it's not out of the question. :) Rocky attendace was 103 people combining Melee and Brawl players.

I made a new thread for Robocop stuff: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261320

Pete278

Smash Lord
If you also play and win SF4, Tekken and F-Zero, you could easily cover your ticket. :p Perth is obviously the national you'll want to go to, since we have Sam (best player in Australia) and Bringer (everyone knows Bringer). So, ignore Sydney and Melbourne and whatever, just stick with Perth. :p

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah you can have lain, we should have adhd at our robocop **** tourny........

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Quick brief run of our leetest msn group.

Summary
Alzi - "Its fact galaxy is better than brawl and zelda wii 2 will be better"
Everyone - "lolwut"
Everyone - "Says all reviews n such are personal opinions"
Alzi - "Nuh uh its fact my mummy said so:
Jono - ITS FUNNY WHEN I SPAM THE WORD **** AND SAY IT RANDOM PLACES!"

What is the world coming to, still on the bright side if we get lain or something here I mean it would pull alot more easterners over right?

Alzi

Smash Master
You need to understand guys that.

Super Mario Galaxy is a better game then brawl.

I would rather play brawl then smg and in my own opinion i like brawl better then Galaxy but you guys don't know what i mean when i say:

Super Mario Galaxy > Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Lain you should come and see mini lain. =D(Glenn)

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Alzi every review in this world is personal opinion.
My review of The Doom Movie
"Utter ****, never watch, disgrace to the game"
My friends review of it
"Great movie, was done well and was scary"

Now these aren't professional reviews, but they are reviews, hence conflicting opinions. Now Alzi think if us 2 worked for 2 different reviewing companies, then which one is right? Simple it's personal opinion.
I agree some may like Galaxy more than Brawl, some may like Brawl more than Galaxy, it comes down to two words, personal opinion.

Any objections?

Richard7

Smash Ace
Quick brief run of our leetest msn group.

Summary
Alzi - "Its fact galaxy is better than brawl and zelda wii 2 will be better"
Everyone - "lolwut"
Everyone - "Says all reviews n such are personal opinions"
Alzi - "Nuh uh its fact my mummy said so:
Jono - ITS FUNNY WHEN I SPAM THE WORD **** AND SAY IT RANDOM PLACES!"

What is the world coming to, still on the bright side if we get lain or something here I mean it would pull alot more easterners over right?
I love you...

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I'm sorry Pete =[, I mustn't have seen it in the spammage.

Okay now we're out that convo, Alzi please nicely structured using relevant links and information as to why "Facts" say it is a better game.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Actually Alzi the reason it's here is because I'm sure everyone would love to hear your point and they wouldn't let you say it.

If you're going to make claims back it up with evidence.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
@MTGod yeah, I might do that next time. But tbh, I cbf bring wires, sensor bars, and ****.
This is the kind of attitude that gets us 4 set-ups =/

I said nothing about Reviews.

I'm talking Facts here.
Opinion=/=fact

It was pointless bringing it on the forums. >_>
Yes it was, don't try and argue things that are solely based on personal opinion. You will be allowed back in real brawlers tomorrow if you can drop it, I didn't want to have to kick you for the night but you left me no choice after repeated warnings.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Alzi

Smash Master
Actually Alzi the reason it's here is because I'm sure everyone would love to hear your point and they wouldn't let you say it.

If you're going to make claims back it up with evidence.
You didn't back up your point with evidence either.

The convo was talking about wii games and i said there are some decent wii games and made a list about them then i said galaxy is a better game then brawl then you guys turned it into a rumble.

The only bad thing i did was when travis said to stop talking about best games then i was a smart *** and said how spirit tracks is the best game. :psycho:

Edit: Mic thats how much time people have spent playing the game though ofcourse Brawl would win that. :p

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
seriously its not hard 2 bring set ups takes like 5 minutes to get them in the car and the difference it can make to the tournament is well worth the effort, this is assuming you have a car......lol at glenn being mini lain. You should totally come to perth lain, $2000 isnt that much.......:bee:... would b interesting to see the difference between u and glenn in person, im assumig it would b quite large but glenn could learn a lot :)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Yo, next tournament, when do we want it? 24th?

Oh and Alex+Glenn I feel you guys don't get enough praise, bringing 2 TV's and Wii's to every tournament is an awesome effort and it helps a tonne so thanks!

Top Bottom