• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master

lol Pete.

Marx $4.50 is actually real cheap to get premium member. Nice grab.

And guys so i hear we are going to be hosting a huge National tournament. I will PM M2K, Ally and some other top guns like lain and tell them about our National tournament and if they can attend it.

Yeah i will make posters and we all advertise it so much. We will definatly be getting alot of people if we advertise. We can get 31 from our scene another 60 from perth, 50 from the east and 10 maybe from America lol.

True Romance

Smash Ace

lol Pete.

Marx $4.50 is actually real cheap to get premium member. Nice grab.

And guys so i hear we are going to be hosting a huge National tournament. I will PM M2K, Ally and some other top guns like lain and tell them about our National tournament and if they can attend it.

Yeah i will make posters and we all advertise it so much. We will definatly be getting alot of people if we advertise. We can get 31 from our scene another 60 from perth, 50 from the east and 10 maybe from America lol.
Haha, man no amount of prize money they can win will cover their plane tickets, so why would they bother?

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
so does nebody want to come to tourney on the 24th of jan at my house?

btw wats kanes address for the smashfest? :):):):):):):):)

bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaadddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True Romance

Smash Ace
Hokay,

Was gonna do shout outs, but I figure I'll wait till the tourney actually finishes.

I WILL DEFINITELY BE HOSTING A FEST AT MY HOUSE THIS WEEKEND.

If all 4 players who are left in the tourney are able to make it to mine, then I highly suggest we finish the tourney then isntead of potentially throwing another tourney off schedule.

I can do the feest either friday night, saturday arvo to night or sunday arvo.

I would like to get a general consensus of what time is best for every one, noting that priority will obviously go to the players left in the tourney if a certain time better suits them.

K, have fun.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
so does nebody want to come to tourney on the 24th of jan at my house?

btw wats kanes address for the smashfest? :):):):):):):):)

bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaadddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
could host one, got like 4 decent size t.v's and 2 wii's which would help, but some1 would need 2 bring there laptop 2 make the brackets and stuff as i have no clue how 2 do it and im assuming glenn doesnt either lol

Alzi

Smash Master
I would come. =]

As Vlade said no venue feee ftw plus you live close to me.

I'm kinda liking the Saturday Arvo to night kane.

Tournament has to finish at a smash fest and it would be better at a smash fest since everyone will be watching.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Where does Kane live? Ill have to see if Dr. Clocktopus will go, otherwise I have liturally no money and im guessing its too far?

Also, im not too keen on public transportation at night. Its hard enough avoiding stalkers on the way home.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
what time sunday would it b? i can come assuming its later on in the day and can drive glenn down and 2 others who live relativly close 2 me

True Romance

Smash Ace
Ok let me be more specific.

Friday 7pm to Saturday morning if nessecary.

Saturday 3pm to Sunday morning if nessecary.

Sunday 2pm to 10pm.

I live in Merriwa, closest train station is Clarkson, if required I will find a way to get you from traino to my place.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Nice tournament everyone_ Was very impressed with some already mentioned people_ It's great to see a solid improvement in the scene_ Good luck to the final 4_

Kane i have Guilty Gear now so it would be interesting to look into playing it_ Would love to play some friendlies against you next tournament and get some advice_ Played Tekken 6 today and it was very satisfying_ Definately looking forward to TvC_

Marx you play a good Link and i can see you have a grasp on how he ticks_ Personally i think a GC controller would really help you including the ability to DACUS which is very important for any Link player (Shieks inc)_ Good matches none-the-less and i can see you improving through your constant tournament appearances_

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
Nice tournament everyone_ Was very impressed with some already mentioned people_ It's great to see a solid improvement in the scene_ Good luck to the final 4_

Kane i have Guilty Gear now so it would be interesting to look into playing it_ Would love to play some friendlies against you next tournament and get some advice_ Played Tekken 6 today and it was very satisfying_ Definately looking forward to TvC_

Marx you play a good Link and i can see you have a grasp on how he ticks_ Personally i think a GC controller would really help you including the ability to DACUS which is very important for any Link player (Shieks inc)_ Good matches none-the-less and i can see you improving through your constant tournament appearances_
Cheers man, tbh Im really used to my controller setup and yeah I would like to use a GC controller again the thing is I don't have a proper GC to use, I've only got a broken powerwave one I use for melee. I can DCAS, it is harder to pull off which I can do like 1/4 of the time, but I only really use it for bomb sliding.

And I had a lot of fun vsing your shiek, even though I wasn't a full potential it is epic.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Tournament didn't finish :O??? Man, so bummed I couldn't be there, sounded like heaps of fun ^^ Ah well, next time... next time........

Sam turned up an hour late, so starting had to be delayed. :/
Again, Sam??? Tut tut, I thought you'd be sleeping outside the Church this time after the close call at the last Star Fox tournament, where you almost missed out on doubles :p

Jesse, go to my youtube account and watch Weegee vs Alzi from the tournament. You'll cry that you missed it. :D
It's not on your Youtube account (unless it's not PetesCappucino anymore??)

And umm yeah, was annoyed in doubles, got 7th even though we won 2 matches simply because we didn't get a bye and everyone else did.
Hey, don't diss the byes; it's how I get my placings :p

Bad luck to hear that though...

but 4 set-ups is just pitiful. I
Ouch, 4 set-ups... I don't see how this is your fault, though, Trav - everyone should pitch in where they can, and if you only have a small amount of set-ups then everyone should band together and be a bit more organised (like, queueing for set-ups rather than floating around, eating lunch quicker/getting food that you can eat in between matches)... I wasn't there, but it sounds to me like it was a group failure and not just one person's fault...

EDIT: 24 people/47 (?) matches on 4 TVs over 6 hours is one match every 7.65 minutes I think... Therefore, you were doomed from the get-go :p

/self righteousness :p

the shock of having glenn in winners finals.
*Applause*

I think in future if we need to start that late we should skip doubles unless we have the time to do them.
Maybe replace doubles with something that won't take as long, like 5-man crew battles or something

Or just open it up for some friendlies as I assume Andre was implying :p

also, photos are up
Failbook... Not.Happy.Jan T.T I might have a squiz at them at the next event provided internet it available :p

#25 - Most Viewed (Today) - Reporters - Australia

Man I'm awesome :D.
Gloat all you want, but that was totally our doing :p

Marx: Didn't talk with you today or vs you but i think you were using a wii remote and Nunchuck. Move to a gamecube controller and your link will be more beastly then he already is.
Maybe he likes the freedom of being able to move his hands independently, or he's afraid of the Powerwave :p

SAM DIDNT WIN A TOURNAMENT!
The first sign of a revolution is change :p

Marx said:
Alzi are you a mute? Ffs mate, stop being an anti-social **** and talk!
Lolmarx :p Definite surprise, no :D???

7: Presidents of Spamming Manliness (Marty + Rick)
7: Cheats of Speedy Cuteness (Alex + Glenn)
9: Horny Dudes (Josh + David)
LOVE THE RANDOM NAMES!!!!!!!!!! Tio gets first place :p

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
me and glenn can both do sunday not the other days though both got work :ohwell:

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
okay, so i was mucking about trying to fix this HB ****.
and i went on Sign Check 0.3b

this is what it told me:

-using ios 36 (rev 3094)
-Region Europe
-Found 17 ios on console
-analyzed IOS61(rev 4090)
>trucha bug: disabled
>Flash access: disabled
> boot2 access: disabled
>Usb 2.0 IOS tree: disabled

also the common error ive seen that pops up when installling stuff is ret=2011

hope this helps an understanding for what im doing wrong/why it isnt working.

EDIT: i think i might have found the problem, oh and look 200 posts.

Alzi

Smash Master
Kane Sunday seems like the best day.

Do you guys think Glenn will one day improve to become like lain? I hope he does i want to see him get in a perfect chain grab everytime he lands a grab.

Alex i was watching some toon link video's yesterday and i saw a toon link vs peach and watched what the peach was doing i think you could probally add some of these things that i saw into your gameplay if you don't know about them already you probally do though.

Marx you can go to Any Gametraders and ask them to order you in those white Japanese Controllers with the 3m long cord. Game traders in Whitfords had a bunch of them last year and i bought one for $49.95. It's still in it's boxed and i haven't used it yet. :p

Does anyone know how to fix gamecube controllers if all that is broken is the cord coming into the gamecube controller? Since i miss my black gamecube controller. :(

MTGod

Smash Champion
Alzi - what's wrong with the controller??? And plus, if Karl wants to use a Wiichuk, it'd be counter-intuitive to force him out of it... Sure, it has the potential to make him better, but if he's forced into it he will approach the change negatively and that will then affect what he can do with the controller :p Psychology rawx :p

Also, I'll be coming back on the 19th January, so from then on until I go back to Uni I will be hoping to get some quality smash in on a lagless set-up :D

True Romance

Smash Ace
K well it looks like Sunday is it then. Will start at vaguely 3pm, though starting time is subject to change lol. Will also need one more set up to make a good night of it however, so if any one can supply the said setup, twould be much appreciated.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Bring your Wii to smashfests and they'll get unlocked for you :p Lucas don't need unlocking so I can help you out with the Brawl count :D

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
@MTGod yeah, I might do that next time. But tbh, I cbf bring wires, sensor bars, and ****.

Btw, thanks to Marteh & Bob for helping me with homebrew, cheers guys.

Galaxy is in black and white, is there a way to fix that? Also, my brother was playing classic mode in brawl and it came up with a disk error, fixable?
For now, at least I can get some brawl practice and play no more heroes. ****ing love that game.

Alzi

Smash Master
Marx if you ring up nintendo Australia and tell them that you recently paid for your wii to get fixed and yet it broke again and had the same problem they would of definatly fixed it for free for you if you sent it in.

But now that you hacked it they won't. :p

_cherv_

Smash Apprentice
K well it looks like Sunday is it then. Will start at vaguely 3pm, though starting time is subject to change lol. Will also need one more set up to make a good night of it however, so if any one can supply the said setup, twould be much appreciated]

i should be able to bring a wii and a tv i just need the address :)

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could qoute as well as u Glenn....lol

alzi would b cool 2 c Glenn get definate kills from grabs constantly, even lain and meep don't get it 100% of the time though. Could u give me a link 2 the vid, alwaysvlooking for ways 2 improve. I'm finally gonna try 2 learn 2 bone walk with peach and do her stupid up air combo....been putting it of 4 so long lol

Top Bottom