• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Walgreens Mafia - DRAW game - The mod ****ed up pretty bad...=/

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Oh...

>Allows self to go with town's swaying by shooting TBlock and not J
>Stares in wonder @TBlock being town

Damn me doubting mah reads and shiz.

#HBC | Gorf

Gotta be careful of that. Meta should never be a base of your arguement.

That reminds me, I saw a lot of Meta being thrown around from left to right and I was dissipointed a bit. It just seemed that people were a bit too intimidated to lynch anyone they know lol
I didn't have anything else :/... And he didn't seem to play a really scummy game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Soooo I would really like to thank Rockin for allowing me to replace into this game because I had a lot of fun with it. I am so happy I could help replace in for July while she was sick. =3 This game was a lot of fun for me once I began to become active in it though I have a question to everyone in the town.

Why didn't you lynch me?

I was playing a ridiculously scummy game and everyone pretty much had suspicion/evidence against me but no one pushed me really. ;_; I was baiting a cop investigation from the cop since I was the godfather in order to get a clear but it didn't excuse my scummy play. Oh wellz, in the QT I was....idk how to word it but somewhat complaining I wasn't being lynched! xD

SHOUT-OUTS! =D

Asdioh - Haha I loooooved your play this game duder. No one thought you were scum solely this game and you played a good game for your team. If I had to say something, don't act so apathetic especially towards your distancing attempts but I loved being scum-buds with ya duder.

Red Ryu - Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan you were sooo lucky to get that CC and it helped out so much! Haha when I saw how that affected the game it was brilliant but at the same time purely luck and just good gambit. We never got to talk much as scum but a pleasure working with ya haha.

Gorf - SK duder. Pleasant game playing with you haha. I was so afraid you were going to shoot me because I was so scummy so once I saw you claimed Vig D2, you were getting ****blocked all game, every day. Your NK choices were weeeeeeird though and did not make sense for a vig but made sense for an SK. *shruggers* I don't get why you decided to claim because I honestly doubt it would have done much and Ghebbers was on your tail. Good game for an indy especially since that is the first time I've seen you as indy or live as scum past D2/3 =3. I gotta say, proud of you duder of this game.

AA - *sad face* You were just not here all game and got forced to claim. I guess I would just say play the game more haha. =D It's easy for scum to make a slot that doesn't have much look scummy for what they have by D2.

TB - Maaaan your reads were like flip-flopped this game duder. You made yourself really obv-town until you started to discredit AA's claim. Good job at making yourself look town! I guess I would say look more analytically at things and not be so quick to clear people as town or distrust claims. Weird opposite sounding thingy but I hope you get what I am saying. XD

Rajam - You make good disconnections duder. o_O We commented on that in the QT. However, the thing is the catch-up schtick got old with town and when you were finally doing stuff it just was too late and ya got stuck with lynching ya because of claim. However I gotta say, you had pretty good reads throughout the game and good points against July. The only thing is I could do is just keep on asking ya for stuff on me which you never did. =[ Probably for the better because it gave me nothing to combat which could have hurt me more or help me gain leverage. Good game though Rajam duder.

July - I <3 you dear. Wish you could have played this game with me.
J - Lawl this was fun.

WL - I loved reading you tearing up the game and stuffs. It was funny but yeah didn't get to see/play much with ya this game duder since ya died N1 when I replaced in.

Kanty - Duuuuuuuuude. You were town but why you do things like lie like that. ;_; Didn't get to play with you but it was a little sad to watch your lynch.

Mentos - Sorry you died N1! It was all Asdioh/RR's idea so I just went with it but a dead Mentos is probably a better Mentos from what I've seen in the past haha.

JM - Hmmmmmmm I honestly don't know what to say about ya besides that people seemed to find you scummy so it was easy to hop onto the bandwagon there but I actually didn't think you were that scummy. But hey, not gonna pass up something like an easy push. Asdioh had ya as an investigative because of a certain post but it was fun playing with you.

I bet you don't remember me though from the past Guus. ;) It's been quite some time now. Over a year or so. I'll give ya a hint, rPSI/Zen/Marc = scum-team in a DRoom game.

Gheb - Alright, I saved you for last because I wanna talk with you duder. I freaking LOVED your play this game dude and that town read was just me buddying the heck out of you because just wow you played a good game. You nailed the claimed vig as SK, you had me as scum, you were beginning to distrust Asdioh aaaaand you were about to lynch RR. Like wow duder, I don't even know what to say. Well that's a lie but haha. Anyways what I wanted to say is that you really gotta be confidant more in your reads. You had the evidence to lynch me, you had the support, you just needed to gun me down. However, I understand how apathy can make a person not do things but dude you were on the right track and I think I even said something in the QT of how it was just sooo grah how I felt about your play this game. Just a great job and I can't wait to play with you again. Don't mind the part in the QT about lynching ya, it was purely a numbers game with the fact of thinking TB was alive. I was really upset when you didn't lynch me nor try harder to get me lynched when you kept saying I was scummy. Explain why next time and people most deffo would have followed you because you had the pull. =)

Rockin - Even though the game ended prematurely, I am so happy that you let me enter this game for July. Can I ask why we weren't allowed to hydra under the special condition that she was out due to sickness? I never got a response from you. ;_; I thought the Walgreens flavour was interesting haha and I am happy to say I've played in a looooot of your games and I think I've played in the last 3 (Roadtrip/Mafia Royal Sleepover/Walgreens). So yeah, thanks for hosting duder!

T-block

B2B TST
RR... THIS is your revenge for housepets, not AT ._.

yeah... don't ask what i was doing. i had no clue half the time and i was just rolling with it.

#HBC | Gorf

J said:
Gorf - SK duder. Pleasant game playing with you haha. I was so afraid you were going to shoot me because I was so scummy so once I saw you claimed Vig D2, you were getting ****blocked all game, every day. Your NK choices were weeeeeeird though and did not make sense for a vig but made sense for an SK. *shruggers* I don't get why you decided to claim because I honestly doubt it would have done much and Ghebbers was on your tail. Good game for an indy especially since that is the first time I've seen you as indy or live as scum past D2/3 =3. I gotta say, proud of you duder of this game.
I claimed 100% off of a whim actually. Once the Day started, I realized that I was THE scummiest player coming into toDay and that exposing what I did would really help town move on in the game. The reason for what I did would have been the same if I were town. Had he really been BP I would've shut up and claimed no shot N1. If maf I would have claimed the shot and said exactly what I said. Town points ftw and it gave me room to play a town game w/o pressure.

T-block

B2B TST
specific shoutouts and stuff:

RR, well played with the claim. curious as to what gave you the balls to try that? was it that obvious that i was faking it?

asdioh, i would not have suspected you ever ._.

kantrip, apologies for the yelling that went down D1. most of it was faked emotion to try to avoid being lynched, so don't take anything too personally. sorry about the stuff in AT as well... i kinda had to keep it going there after pulling it out in this game.

gheb, sorry about all that >_< it legitimately frustrates me when you withhold stuff like that, but whatever. it seems you were correct on pretty much everything we disagreed on, so plus respect to you =x

anyways... not too sure what to take away from this game. probably a lot to be learned, but most often it seems like the lesson to be learned is "don't be stupid". i think i'm gonna take a substantial break from mafia at this point... i've lost a lot of my motivation to play, and i think it's really shown in my recent games.

thanks for hosting nonetheless, rockin. don't feel too bad about what happened... nobody's perfect ;)

T-block

B2B TST
okay i feel sliiiiightly less dumb reading this QT

i was really hoping i would die N1 and not have to deal with explaining myself for the rest of the game, and it looks like that was pretty close to happening =(

Rajam

Smash Champion
ugh, the only player cleared through gambits was the wrong one... great move by RR there

gg to Asdioh too, passed as full-time townie

I had actually considered Gorf as possible SK but I was just giving him a free pass until we got some mafia dead, plus your actions N1 still had me on the fence whether you were vig or SK

All my disconnections were right... I'm actually surprised about that since I usually "eat" a couple

Rockin, if Night actions would've been correctly processed, would've town had any chance?

Sad the game didn't finish better, though I'm not salty at all. Game was fun with all the gambits lol

JM did you cop someone N2?

and who did aa protect?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
and thus i revealed that i'm actually good at playing as mafia faction (which is only like 1 in 10 games or less) and it all goes to waste :(
I don't plan on playing mafia anymore for a while, so I guess I won't have to worry about people being afraid that I'm actually scum despite the fact that I look townie ^_^ I did my best to defend town reads (which I always do as town, see D1 Adventure Time and most of my other games) and to push obvious scum (see J's blatant scumminess at the beginning of D2 that I pointed out and nobody cared)
I claimed 100% off of a whim actually. Once the Day started, I realized that I was THE scummiest player coming into toDay and that exposing what I did would really help town move on in the game. The reason for what I did would have been the same if I were town. Had he really been BP I would've shut up and claimed no shot N1. If maf I would have claimed the shot and said exactly what I said. Town points ftw and it gave me room to play a town game w/o pressure.
Yeah, in my "townie mindset" I was considering you really scummy, so I was kinda disappointed when you claimed vig, thus pretty much removing any reason for me to push you. And like I said, I didn't expect serial killer in a 12 player game when I knew mafia was 3 people ._.

This game was full of silliness.

What did Gheb use his ability to do?

I'm kind of glad the game ended because I had been steadily forgetting what happened, and I did NOT have the motivation to reread. Possibly due to the fact that I was scum.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Rockin, if Night actions would've been correctly processed, would've town had any chance?
Honestly, not a chance in hell

for one, there was a massive cluster**** of fake claims on D1. Townies were actually LYING to each other. Lying! You had two people claiming miller (one was townie and soon called it off later on in D1, while the other was actually Mafia). Then another one claiming suicide bomber (which I believe is a Mafia pr, mind you). This massive amount of lies to one another gave Mafia great flexability to move around easily without barely any worries.

There has been times where the proof/scumminess seemed to be staring into their face, yet noting was done about it. Great example of when Red Ryu claimed Miller D1, then tried to CC doctor CC D2. That person should not have lived.It juat sseemed that everyone would accept it without much of a fuss. This was cause of one other problem.

Meta. I saw at least half of the Townies using this meta tactic on players. If it should be used, then it should be used lightly, NEVER a base for your case. It blows up in your face later on, and you would look silly if they turn up Mafia end game. I have a small Meta on Mentos, but when it comes down to it, if I saw something scummy he was doing, I'd call him out on it.

It seemed everyone was just disorganized in general. the amount of days I gave out, plus the amount of posts that was in both days would be more then enough to decide on at least 2 lynch canidates. Instead, it seemed like both Days were flailing on a lynch choice, and it was usually done on the near last minute.

I felt that Town themselves were very divided and were working on their own agenda. They were working with people they only know well instead of being universal with everyone/at least half the players.

Town also forgot the one policy when it comes to playing as town: Lynch all liars. If someone claims one thing, but it turns up fake, pressure them (and then possibly lynch them). If they lied, then lynch them. If they're mafia, that's sweet. If they're Town, well...that was their fault.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well this is sad, shame this happened ;_;.

No worries Rockin, it happens sometimes, I had loads of fun since I fake claimed, lol.

RR, well played with the claim. curious as to what gave you the balls to try that? was it that obvious that i was faking it?
It wasn't but I remembered Ryker doing ballzy fake claims in past games, Princess in one. The one that I remembered distinctly was Gurren Lagaan where he was the doctor trying to play off a miller claim.

I called it out to check it, if you were legit a miller, I was going to try and play it off as a gambit to check if you were a miller or a PR hiding under it.

In the end you backed off and I stuck with it well.

This and others games really just show my scum game is decent to good, but my town game is garbage.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also Gheb you were town's best player hands down, at some point you had all of mafia pinned as scum picks and the Serial Killer called out correctly when we thought he was a vig.

Well played and you defiantly get praise for your town play.

Loved it, wanna get reads like that in the future.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Great example of when Red Ryu claimed Miller D1, then tried to CC doctor CC D2.
Wait, what? When did this happen?

Also I think mafia played quite well, town just kind of... attacked easy targets, like Rajam. I was defending my townread on him for a reason o_O still don't know why he was lynched. He was "scummy" yeah, but when I read his posts, even though some of the early catchup ones were awful, it seemed like he legitimately was just trying to get his thoughts out there and didn't care what people thought of him. That's usually not something scum would do.

Honestly, none of the mafia got much or any pressure at any point in the game. I don't recall a single vote on me that wasn't from a scummate. I don't recall many or any votes on J's slot, and RR might have gotten some during the miller stuff but after that, nothing. It was kind of unfortunate, and shows that town needs to stop tunneling maybe?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Meta. I saw at least half of the Townies using this meta tactic on players. If it should be used, then it should be used lightly, NEVER a base for your case. It blows up in your face later on, and you would look silly if they turn up Mafia end game. I have a small Meta on Mentos, but when it comes down to it, if I saw something scummy he was doing, I'd call him out on it.
Yeah I think I have learned from experience that Meta can really **** me up. I would think "Well this person wouldn't usually do this so I'll keep this as a note"

So I try not to use meta. Hopefully these guys learned their lesson. : ]

Sorry to hear your game got messed up dude.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I honestly don't think there was that much meta usage :(
Sure, people claimed meta on me as part of their townread, but even without it, what did I do that was that scummy?

T-block

B2B TST
mafia did play well imo

RR, if i were actually miller, you realize you would have died, right? ._. i highly HIGHLY doubt you would have gotten off claiming it was to see if i was lying, but i guess we'll never know

rockin, lynch all liars is dumb, and should never ever be followed blindly

T-block

B2B TST
i mean, if mafia actually had decided to kill me N1, wouldn't it have been pretty pro-town to do what i did?

RR, don't evaluate your scum game based off of this =P a lot of people cleared you just because of the claim.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I just noticed I tend to win more games as scum over town is why, not just this game as reference.

Also I probs would have died with the play I was doing, me and my goofy risks get me there.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I honestly don't think there was that much meta usage :(
Sure, people claimed meta on me as part of their townread, but even without it, what did I do that was that scummy?
I felt there was a fair number of usage of meta. Hard to tell since ya posted like crazy and it was hard to keep up lol

Well I don't think what you did was hugely scummy. I probably would've noted on how you did you stances for you wanted lynched, but realy....I dunno lol

I don't recall CCing doctor at all.
Wait, what? When did this happen?
y mistake. Guess I remembered it wrong. lol

rockin, lynch all liars is dumb, and should never ever be followed blindly
Never said it should be used blindly. It's merely an idea to fall back on.I tend to pressure more bfore starting out my adventures.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not gonna lie.

I am personally sick of people pulling gambits around here recently. People including myself just o it too often and in situations where any believability gets thrown out the window.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I feel games that are NOT aim mafia are too serious for me to try gambits. I have only done gambits in speed games, and even those did me wrong.

(Set's Speed Mafia on Mafia Scum)

I claimed Daycop as VT but that didn't help.

T-block

B2B TST
it's gotten a little old i suppose. i reserve it only for new players now.

i claimed miller at the beginning on a whim more than anything... i thought the game might be boring as VT. i justified it to myself as avoiding having the cop waste an investigation on me, planning to play pro-town enough to make up for that. then i realized i wasn't skilled enough to pull off something like that. then everything went to ****. woooo

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i mean, if mafia actually had decided to kill me N1, wouldn't it have been pretty pro-town to do what i did?

RR, don't evaluate your scum game based off of this =P a lot of people cleared you just because of the claim.
i did roleblock you night 1, so there's that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Tbh, even though like all my reads were spot-on ... I don't think I could've forced myself to care enough to actually get all of you lynched. The game was fun to play at times though and no hard feelings @ freeblock. It's just a game Xd

:059:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Man.
This game.
I was JoaT and claimed cop in the hopes of attracting a night kill, then defending myself. Then AA was doc ;_;

I could say stuff about this game I really cba.
Props to scum, I wouldn't have found them anyway.
For my investigate on N2, I was going for Gheb. If not Gheb, it would've been J, which got me a town result, but not RR (it'd be useless) or Asdioh (town read).

The set-up seemed a bit iffy towards town...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I can understand with how towns PRs are and the amount of scum there were. While I like the idea of making people do better read wise there were a lot of scum for a 12 man and I do not think town had PR strength to handle it.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Well the problem is that with 3 scum, they were way too stacked in terms of PR's. It'd be fine if there was just a mafia godfather or even no PR on scum side at all, but mafia roleblocker and godfather, but also a serial killer, it made everything way too "wut".

I sincerely doubt we'd be on the right track anyway, but still, the fact that we as town sucked, doesn't mean set-up wasn't lol-ish.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
This game ended early :C My losing track of the game was legit. However, part of my "waiting for night" was a strategy of sorts, attract the kill to me being vanilla, or if scum knew i wouldn't blatantly advertise a pr like that, keep myself alive as a possible mislynch to come out swinging D2 and tear it up XD I had a HUGE(think EE size) post in the works when night ended and I stopped my re-read, still managed to call J(uly) and Ruy after I died, and called Gorf-sk almost immediately after his claim XD Only one I missed was Asdioh who was a really weird null feel about 1/3 of the way through the game. Long story short? If I had lived me and Gheb woulda rocked this game :3

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
also i just realized that we had a godfather and the only cop was a one-shot investigative. that's very bad >=(
who approved this setup? was it sold? >=(((
I hope this is sarcasm. For a while we actually had it as mafia having a godfather and town not having a cop at all, which would've been hilarious. If you've got a serious problem with this, I can tell you you're wrong.

You're wrong.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
i think having a godfather + no cop is a good way to troll the mafia faction, but if the cop is alone and one-shot then he would assume his result is 100% accurate, and the only thing he can trust in the game. it's pretty lame having a godfather in that scenario, since he could just ride his inno out forever and autowin. :/

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
You assumed something about the set-up because of meta. There's your problem. I for one have a huge distaste for Godfathers (and Cops, but that's different) but it's a role.
Rockin's OP said:
2.) I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up: Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue.
3.) I do not confirm the absence or presence of any other roles

Top Bottom