• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wallstreet Presents: Crewfest! First Tourney of the Year!! - Happy New Year! XD

Coney

Smash Master
a lot of good stuff was saved

personally i don't like having a lot of my stuff online, i like my style :3

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
Good to meet you too. You're nasty kirby slaughtered my Olimar (I always seem to lose that matchup and idk why) so next time I'll make sure to stick with ROB since that was a lot closer, haha. So be ready for the next tourny.
My nasty Kirby got ***** by Lil B's MK, and I was lucky to play your olimar, helped me a bit going to face P~S right after our match. GG's with ROB, they don't call him the spaceman for nothing (f-tilt like the wind). If you're going to pound maybe we can get some friendlies.

Feels good to be back in the Smash game guys.

Kojin - Really close **** man. I'll get you next time.

AEX - Pretty cool dude man, teams sometime?

Bert - OMFG GOOD **** WITH KOJIN!!!!!!

Bolt - Yet another good tourney, awesome job man.
So I won that close match, no hug to be seen anywhere. Where you at? JK! Yep, teams sounds cool, marth is a weird one to team with, but why not. You and bert seem to be good as a kirb/marth team, so we should team one of these days. Holler at me at pound if you go.

GG to Lobos. I pocket Toon Link and you steal my brown sleeves. Way to step it up. I wish i could chain bairs and play aggresively with Toon Link instead of proj camping all day. Do work at Pound!

Lil B- Thanks for the tips. Definetly working on it. Hoping you go Yoshi. I need to see what the hype is about. Sovaman needs to bring it to pound.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Esoj lol I honestly don't think you woulda beaten Coney if it wasn't for my help.. not trying to take your credit but game one was really bad... until i told you how i play DDD...:lick:

I do the same thing against a lot of chars such as Marth, Ics, Olimar, luigi and a few more.. its just a smart way to play Imo. but saying that HELP ME ON THE WARIO MATCHUP!:chuckle:
I appreciate you trying to help me deez but i dont believe i beat coney cause of u. game 1 i went aggroish, lost and learned my lesson. Even though u say u kno the match i think that if u play coney ull prob lose. same with me vs kadaj, i appreciate u trying to help but i dont need it. its not that im cocky but i kno these matchups already and i have my own strategys for each.

if u still want help on the wario matchup ill b glad to help.

D0N

Smash Ace
So right after reading a post from Boss about his playstyle, I watched Kiss of the Dragon's final fight scene against the 2 brothers, and Jet-Li reads one guy's counter attack that he used ONCE before and breaks his neck. Then I thought "seems like a boss read."

Deez.

Smash Lord
I appreciate you trying to help me deez but i dont believe i beat coney cause of u. game 1 i went aggroish, lost and learned my lesson. Even though u say u kno the match i think that if u play coney ull prob lose. same with me vs kadaj, i appreciate u trying to help but i dont need it. its not that im cocky but i kno these matchups already and i have my own strategys for each.

if u still want help on the wario matchup ill b glad to help.
Nah I'm fine on wario matchup now. but thanks though.. And If that's what you think I really wish i shoulda kept my mouth closed and didn't say anything and seen the results. :mad: but now that you know it doesn't matter. because I told you what and what not to do during the MU. but your right I'll lose to Coney and Kadaj...:ohwell:

Deez.

Smash Lord
Lmao that used to be true adhd. but lately I think Boss just doesn't give a f u c k and is out looking for blood.. lets hope its not wearing the color pink. :( hehe

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
bosses style is easy to read when you have grenades & bananas...
we have not witnessed it yet but probably lasers too

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Nah I'm fine on wario matchup now. but thanks though.. And If that's what you think I really wish i shoulda kept my mouth closed and didn't say anything and seen the results. :mad: but now that you know it doesn't matter. because I told you what and what not to do during the MU. but your right I'll lose to Coney and Kadaj...:ohwell:
u sir are delusional thinking that i learned the DDD matchup simply by you saying "camp, use peanuts, dont approach". Actually you're right, after maining diddy for so long and playing many DDD including coney and atomsk, i didnt know the matchup at all. Thanks to the heavens for you. If u didnt sit next to me and tell me to camp i would have been completely lost and would have lost horribly. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Why do you think so many people care about their post count? I've seen you say this to a lot of people....no one cares about their post count. lol

It's not that it did happen, it's that it COULD happen, which is why they're banned everywhere else in MD/VA.

I'm R.O.B., one of the campiest characters in the game, and I think Japes is ********. They, Norfair and Japes, always lead to boring, non exciting matches which usually end up in someone losing to stupid ****.
You talk sooo much on the boards but in person you are a mute. lol Taj is too funny.

BTW you don't play Brawl anymore, You play Brawl+ and RARELY go to events so what you have to say means nothing and is considered a troll post in my eyes. Your cool in person, but on the boards.. not so much.

Deez: Just sayin.. ;)

Battlefield isn't nearly as large as Norfair (or Japes for that matter), and the platform configuration on norfair is made so that you can not easily get from one part of the field to the other unless your character as great aerial mobility (i.e. Metaknight, Wario, TL). Also you can't abuse the edges the same way on battlefield, since not every platform on battlefield has an edge >.> Do you know why luigi's mansion, hanenbow, and hyrule temple are banned? Because stages that large create a very convenient stalling situation, remember Luigi's Mansion and even Hanenbow wasn't banned when the game was first release, it was after tourney play showed that it wasn't only possible to stall, but players have proven it possible.

It is the same case with both Japes and Norfair. Norfair I have seen in person be used to stall players, and I have already listed reasons to why Japes is banned. Tourney play has already shown that these stages are ban-worthy, especially in the Md/Va and neighboring regions. If battlefield was proven to be ban-worthy by tourney play then it would be banned (but it's never going to happen, it is after all an accepted neutral).

As K9 said, one counterpick ban isn't enough to ban the stages who legalities are in question. "YOUR OPTION TO BAN IT STILL STANDS," as you said doesn't allow us to ban both stages under your rule-set.

Just because stalling didn't happen doesn't mean it won't, especially when a member of YOUR OWN CREW has used norfair already to time the clock out (BMX). Luigi's Mansion wasn't always counterpick for stalling, but Plank showed that it was very much possible and it led to a ban. Norfair and Japes don't only leave the possibility of stalling, but encourages it because of the stages ability to net kills and damage without the opponent needing to approach. I would like to believe that every person would not try to stall and destroy a person's tourney experience, but unfortunately it happens and you can't just ignore the capabilities of it happening again.

And since we are mentioning what MD/VA as a region does (In your case "most players from MD/VA do not need to plaink and don't do it."), doesn't it make sense that a TO would use a commonly used stage-list that our region has used for months now? I can say "Most players from MD/VA believe that Japes and Norfair need to be banned and in most cases those stages are." Wouldn't that be the same exact logic that you used?

Other TOs have already used the stages Norfair and Japes extensively in tourneys, some since the games release like G-reg and Chu (Which you have to admit, have more TOing experience.), and the majority of MD/VA has decided that those stages our not to be used in tourney play.

You are right about one thing, when you are the TO you have the right to go against the majority of what your region agrees with, possibly losing support. "Theres no point in talking about it anymore," seems false to me as long as you go against what the majority of the region believes because you will always be questioned and have to defend your decision, and as of now I don't believe your counter-argument has convinced me or the rest of the region that your decision is the right one. You have yet to address my issues with Japes being legal, especially when the stage isn't just banned for the capability to stall. So please, defend your decision and convince the majority of MD/VA that it is the right one so that you won't need to be questioned about your stage-list again.
Bonk you are too smart. I don't need to defend myself, the rules are the rules.. just be sure to check the OP of my next event and either come or don't come. I won't be butt hurt.. everyone still managed to have a good time.. Japes will most likely not be an option at the next event, but Norfair.. heh, good luck getting me to take that one off. :p

SOVAman

Smash Hero
god **** bolt you found someway to make a post to get out of reading that novel good **** xD

also I will boycott your events until you ban Battlefield

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
god **** bolt you found someway to make a post to get out of reading that novel good **** xD

also I will boycott your events until you ban Battlefield
lmfao B, too goodz.

ZOMG don't boycott me! Battlefield is banned! :psycho:

New Ruleset:

All stages are banned except for FD and Smashville.

Metaknight, Snake, Olimar, and Ice Climbers infinates are banned.. oh and Mr. Game & Watch too.

lololol

Deez.

Smash Lord
u sir are delusional thinking that i learned the DDD matchup simply by you saying "camp, use peanuts, dont approach". Actually you're right, after maining diddy for so long and playing many DDD including coney and atomsk, i didnt know the matchup at all. Thanks to the heavens for you. If u didnt sit next to me and tell me to camp i would have been completely lost and would have lost horribly. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
See now don't you feel better... that's all you had to say man. and I accept your apology.:laugh: It's not everyday you get blessed with my knowledge.:laugh: no seriously I didn't just tell you to camp i told you a bunch of other stuff too but if you forgot them I won't say it again.. and your sarcasm is beyond funny...

Coney

Smash Master
man, there wouldn't be all this bickering if i would've just won @_@

hey guys, the replays have been recorded and will be uploaded very shortly! wanna stay frosty on the progress? subscribe to me on youtube, because i sure as hell ain't coming in here every time one finishes

http://www.youtube.com/user/CONEYZZzzz

jjvirus

Smash Champion
You talk sooo much on the boards but in person you are a mute. lol Taj is too funny.

BTW you don't play Brawl anymore, You play Brawl+ and RARELY go to events so what you have to say means nothing and is considered a troll post in my eyes. Your cool in person, but on the boards.. not so much.

Deez: Just sayin.. ;)
LOL @ you telling me what game I play. I still play both. Don't be a fool. I haven't made a Plus related post on the boards in about 2 weeks. Pay attention pl0x.

Wether I go to events often or not doesn't define my intelligence as far as this game goes. Not listening to what I have to say considering that I'm better than you, beaten you, and outplaced you at every event we've both entered singles in is stupid. All I said was that using stages no one else in this region uses was a dumb move, and kind of has been.

When was the last time you saw me anyway? If I'm not mistaken, both you and Taj haven't seen me since like June and July respectively. My last tournament, MD/VA Circuit Finale, I was a good amount more social than I was when you all previously saw me. Yes, I don't talk as much as I do on the boards, and yes I'm not as much of a **** as I am on the boards irl, but that's my choice, and if you don't like it, block me.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
Low tier ****, gj Boss!

Takeover I see you steppin it up, nice,nice.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'm better than you, beaten you, and outplaced you at every event we've both entered singles in is stupid.
The last time you played me or outplaced me was at Gamepad. >.>

But whatever you say and whatever makes you feel better.. Next time you see me, MM me, and I'll put your theories away.

Top Bottom