• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wallstreet Presents: Crewfest! First Tourney of the Year!! - Happy New Year! XD

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Wellllll. I'ma post shout outs since I really had fun at this.

1: Boss - I know it was you that drank all my fanta :mad:
2: Omni - Did you ever find your grape drink?
3: Esoj - Third :D g**** Jose.
4: Takeover - You almost had Boss. Get that top three next time!
5: Coney - Omgggg we have to team more often. Even though we got last place (ajldfkjasldjka;ldf) we almost took out the best team ;D
5: Meep - LOL GLITCH. It was funny when you first pulled it off and did kind of an evil laugh. I didn't know what was going on at first till I quick attacked.
7: Candy - Sheik 'n' Japes ;l
7: Logic - I always thought blue pikmin could swim.
9: Kadaj - I realllly wanted to play you in bracket! Oh well hopefully some other time. Your Marth is fun to watch.
9: Tristin Win - Attend more stuff mang.
9: HAT - Soft, blue blankey ftw.
9: Lobos - You were amazing in doubles. Keep it up.
13: NOIDea - BOOP!
13: Don - Only got to play one friendly with you :( Nice DK.
13: Oathmeal - GJ 2-0'ing Deez. Teach me the ROB match up!
17: Buttons - That sounds better than K-9.
17: Taj - You didn't do too bad vs Takeover. Keep up the improvement!
17: Oh - I wish I could change my vote of "best Yoshi" for you. So good.
17: SSR - Fun matches in doubles.
17: Sova Man - The Great Saiyaman of Brawl.
17: Deez - See: SSR
17: EEVisu - :D
25: Mattix - An awesome person as usual.
25: Bonk - Oh God I didn't know you could CG so well with IC's.
25: Tantalus - *mandatory shout out*
33: Pulse - I AM NOT WORTHY.
33: Bert - Fun friendlies. ggs

Korn: FIVE... FOUR.... THREE....

Bolt - Greaaaaaaat tourney man. Awesome way to start off the year. Take Japes and Norfair off though! I haven't seen people hyped over brawl matches like this in a while.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hmmm don't know about taking off Japes or Norfair yet, it adds spice to the tourney if you ask me.. ;)

Just learn the maps, they can help you if played properly.. and if not, just ban em.. which is why I give you the 2 stage ban option. XD

But we'll see next tourney.. Japes caused quite an upset and Norfair has become a common stage CP at my events, people should know by now, not many people remember that Japes has always been legal at my events.

We shall see though. I'm just real excited to see the level of skill at the event, everyone got a random boost of confidence once they saw the big dogs go down.

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
Hmmm don't know about taking off Japes or Norfair yet, it adds spice to the tourney if you ask me.. ;)

Just learn the maps, they can help you if played properly.. and if not, just ban em.. which is why I give you the 2 stage ban option. XD

But we'll see next tourney.. Japes cause quite an upset.. but once people realized they could use it, or ban it, it wasn't such an issue.
Might as well consider Luigi's Mansion and Pirate Ship

LOL

SOVAman

Smash Hero

But we'll see next tourney.. Japes caused quite an upset and Norfair has become a common stage CP at my events, people should know by now, not many people remember that Japes has always been legal at my events.

We shall see though. I'm just real excited to see the level of skill at the event, everyone got a random boost of confidence once they saw the big dogs go down.
Either give us all 4 bans or turn on 75m and yoshi's melee stage too

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Either give us all 4 bans or turn on 75m and yoshi's melee stage too
John more. You have no say, you werent taken to either of those stages. 75m and Yoshi's melee stage are unplayable in tourney.

Japes, don't go into the water.. just like when you fight IC's.. don't get grabbed.. or BAN it.

Norfair, you have to be an idiot to get killed by the stage.. just BAN it.. or learn to play the stage. Nobody cried about any of the stages at my previous tournaments.. and if they did, I didn't care.. it still went on, and people still played on.

Deez: Just sayin.. ;)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
And don't forget Smashville that breaks the meta game the moving platform gimps you soooooooooooo much

also mushroomykingdom should be on

B0NK

Smash Lord
John more. You have no say, you werent taken to either of those stages. 75m and Yoshi's melee stage are unplayable in tourney.

Japes, don't go into the water.. just like when you fight IC's.. don't get grabbed.. or BAN it.

Norfair, you have to be an idiot to get killed by the stage.. just BAN it.. or learn to play the stage. Nobody cried about any of the stages at my previous tournaments.. and if they did, I didn't care.. it still went on, and people still played on.

Deez: Just sayin.. ;)
This just doesn't make sense, you do know their is a reason a majority of tournaments in our region bans these stages right? And it's not necessarily because of the stage killing people.

Norfair is banned for the same reason as Luigi's Mansion, it's a stage that promotes stalling. Metaknight has no problem stalling on that stage and BMX has already showed me that Wario can air stall on it too (there are probably more characters). Stalling stages should be auto-ban and plank has showed us why >.>

Jungle Japes was proven at this tourney how the stage can easily net dumb kills, and we didn't even see all of the ways it can. Luigi, Mario, Rob, and probably more can d-throw opponent into the klaptrap (which comes at a consistent 10 sec schedule), Snake can back throw opponents into the water (example at :16 and 1:09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAMrimCPPJY ), DK can do the same with a cargo throw, Falco is self-explanatory (*cough*chain grab and side-b spike*cough*), D3 can d-throw people into the klaptrap AND easily time it for the 10 sec schedule (the reason jersey banned it a few months after the game's release). It's a stage based off kills like these, and these types of kills has nothing to do with outsmarting another player.

Because of stupid kills like these on japes, the stage just encourages camping for all characters (even DK) and to some extent stalling as well being the big stage it is.

I can't tell you to ban these stages, that in the end is your decision, I can tell you that your not looking at why these stages are banned, just a bias view as why they must be kept (which by the way it has certainly been shown that these stages do not add to tournament play).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Lilb and bonk, with their powers combined, form captain sova

Japes and Norfair should be legal once in a blue moon. This was the blue moon.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
This just doesn't make sense, you do know their is a reason a majority of tournaments in our region bans these stages right? And it's not necessarily because of the stage killing people.

Norfair is banned for the same reason as Luigi's Mansion, it's a stage that promotes stalling. Metaknight has no problem stalling on that stage and BMX has already showed me that Wario can air stall on it too (there are probably more characters). Stalling stages should be auto-ban and plank has showed us why >.>

Jungle Japes was proven at this tourney how the stage can easily net dumb kills, and we didn't even see all of the ways it can. Luigi, Mario, Rob, and probably more can d-throw opponent into the klaptrap (which comes at a consistent 10 sec schedule), Snake can back throw opponents into the water (example at :16 and 1:09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAMrimCPPJY ), DK can do the same with a cargo throw, Falco is self-explanatory (*cough*chain grab and side-b spike*cough*), D3 can d-throw people into the klaptrap AND easily time it for the 10 sec schedule (the reason jersey banned it a few months after the game's release). It's a stage based off kills like these, and these types of kills has nothing to do with outsmarting another player.

Because of stupid kills like these on japes, the stage just encourages camping for all characters (even DK) and to some extent stalling as well being the big stage it is.

I can't tell you to ban these stages, that in the end is your decision, I can tell you that your not looking at why these stages are banned, just a bias view as why they must be kept (which by the way it has certainly been shown that these stages do not add to tournament play).
You can air camp and stall on BF too. Why not ban that?

Also, Oh, I saw that doubles match. You got wtf *****. Got to give props to the MK that footstooled you for the last lava hit. =P

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
just to let you know, D0N counterpicked me to Japes and none of that stuff happened, I still won there, and It's Sonic vs DK, where every throw from him should be death for me. becuase I was looking for those gay things. Its workable. On the flipside i didn't expect to be countered there, so i guess it could have worked against me.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Lil B gtfo with your trolling. :/ Battlefield will never be banned. Quit post boosting. @.@

As I said before, Japes can be played if played smart.. I'm the TO, if I want it.. so be it. YOUR OPTION TO BAN IT STILL STANDS.

Theres no point in talking about it anymore.. this thread was fine until people that didnt even get countered there had to speak up, just leave it be. I do believe you had a good time, did you not? The decision is soley left to me in the end whether the stages remain or not. Unlike other regions (and plank) most players from MD/VA do not need to plaink and don't do it. If you watched the matches on Japes and Norfair at the tourney, did you see stalling? I didn't.. Especially since the rule is in my OP that plainking and excessive stalling is illegal and will result in a forgeit of the set to the opposing player(s).

D0N

Smash Ace
just to let you know, D0N counterpicked me to Japes and none of that stuff happened, I still won there, and It's Sonic vs DK, where every throw from him should be death for me. becuase I was looking for those gay things. Its workable. On the flipside i didn't expect to be countered there, so i guess it could have worked against me.
I never played you, you're confusing me with someone else. I went to japes once vs SSR and won. Without the throws or claptrap.

We should have played though :). D0N = guy with the akubra (australian hat... not a cowboy hat)

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Quit post boosting. @.@
Why do you think so many people care about their post count? I've seen you say this to a lot of people....no one cares about their post count. lol

Theres no point in talking about it anymore.. this thread was fine until people that didnt even get countered there had to speak up, just leave it be. I do believe you had a good time, did you not? The decision is soley left to me in the end whether the stages remain or not. Unlike other regions (and plank) most players from MD/VA do not need to plaink and don't do it. If you watched the matches on Japes and Norfair at the tourney, did you see stalling? I didn't.. Especially since the rule is in my OP that plainking and excessive stalling is illegal and will result in a forgeit of the set to the opposing player(s).
It's not that it did happen, it's that it COULD happen, which is why they're banned everywhere else in MD/VA.

I'm R.O.B., one of the campiest characters in the game, and I think Japes is ********. They, Norfair and Japes, always lead to boring, non exciting matches which usually end up in someone losing to stupid ****.

B0NK

Smash Lord
You can air camp and stall on BF too. Why not ban that?

Also, Oh, I saw that doubles match. You got wtf *****. Got to give props to the MK that footstooled you for the last lava hit. =P
Battlefield isn't nearly as large as Norfair (or Japes for that matter), and the platform configuration on norfair is made so that you can not easily get from one part of the field to the other unless your character as great aerial mobility (i.e. Metaknight, Wario, TL). Also you can't abuse the edges the same way on battlefield, since not every platform on battlefield has an edge >.> Do you know why luigi's mansion, hanenbow, and hyrule temple are banned? Because stages that large create a very convenient stalling situation, remember Luigi's Mansion and even Hanenbow wasn't banned when the game was first release, it was after tourney play showed that it wasn't only possible to stall, but players have proven it possible.

It is the same case with both Japes and Norfair. Norfair I have seen in person be used to stall players, and I have already listed reasons to why Japes is banned. Tourney play has already shown that these stages are ban-worthy, especially in the Md/Va and neighboring regions. If battlefield was proven to be ban-worthy by tourney play then it would be banned (but it's never going to happen, it is after all an accepted neutral).

Lil B gtfo with your trolling. :/ Battlefield will never be banned. Quit post boosting. @.@

As I said before, Japes can be played if played smart.. I'm the TO, if I want it.. so be it. YOUR OPTION TO BAN IT STILL STANDS.

As K9 said, one counterpick ban isn't enough to ban the stages who legalities are in question. "YOUR OPTION TO BAN IT STILL STANDS," as you said doesn't allow us to ban both stages under your rule-set.

Just because stalling didn't happen doesn't mean it won't, especially when a member of YOUR OWN CREW has used norfair already to time the clock out (BMX). Luigi's Mansion wasn't always counterpick for stalling, but Plank showed that it was very much possible and it led to a ban. Norfair and Japes don't only leave the possibility of stalling, but encourages it because of the stages ability to net kills and damage without the opponent needing to approach. I would like to believe that every person would not try to stall and destroy a person's tourney experience, but unfortunately it happens and you can't just ignore the capabilities of it happening again.

And since we are mentioning what MD/VA as a region does (In your case "most players from MD/VA do not need to plaink and don't do it."), doesn't it make sense that a TO would use a commonly used stage-list that our region has used for months now? I can say "Most players from MD/VA believe that Japes and Norfair need to be banned and in most cases those stages are." Wouldn't that be the same exact logic that you used?

Other TOs have already used the stages Norfair and Japes extensively in tourneys, some since the games release like G-reg and Chu (Which you have to admit, have more TOing experience.), and the majority of MD/VA has decided that those stages our not to be used in tourney play.

You are right about one thing, when you are the TO you have the right to go against the majority of what your region agrees with, possibly losing support. "Theres no point in talking about it anymore," seems false to me as long as you go against what the majority of the region believes because you will always be questioned and have to defend your decision, and as of now I don't believe your counter-argument has convinced me or the rest of the region that your decision is the right one. You have yet to address my issues with Japes being legal, especially when the stage isn't just banned for the capability to stall. So please, defend your decision and convince the majority of MD/VA that it is the right one so that you won't need to be questioned about your stage-list again.

Top Bottom