• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
So, were Geno's votes legit? 'cause he was doing pretty well before the bots

It's pretty obvious what zelda/ pokemon forums were doing all this...

Geno was doing relatively ok, almost like waluigi

Then as that bot storm happened as I mentioned, someone botted for both geno and shulk. Pretty much thinking no one would notice, which is silly

I'm planning to get some of the people I know in the industry and some of my friends to tweet sakurai about this fiasco. So then, he will consider it just another joke yet again :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Waabump.

Thinking about revamping my Waluigi moveset a bit to incorporate some more things while not being completely random.
Afterall, Waluigi is a chaotic individual, so his moveset should be a little more chaotic as well.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman

Then as that bot storm happened as I mentioned, someone botted for both geno and shulk. Pretty much thinking no one would notice, which is silly

I'm planning to get some of the people I know in the industry and some of my friends to tweet sakurai about this fiasco. So then, he will consider it just another joke yet again :awesome:
You should.
This VGTribute **** has gone way too far now.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

I have a better idea. Why don't we do a new poll. WE wont have it be a contest which should avoid some of the botting. It would represent the whole goal of this poll. Right now, it's lost.

D

Deleted member

I have a better idea. Why don't we do a new poll. WE wont have it be a contest which should avoid some of the botting. It would represent the whole goal of this poll. Right now, it's lost.
Well there's always that poll that lists the 50 most popular candidate on Shortiecanbrawl's last poll here (before he quit this forum). I believe that due to not covering enough characters (missing a lot of retros and Pokemons for one) that a better poll could be made, but I doubt people are willing to restart.

M52B28

Smash Rookie
Waluigi is one of my favorites id love to see him in this upcamoning game, he has to be in it since wario is in brawl.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well there's always that poll that lists the 50 most popular candidate on Shortiecanbrawl's last poll here (before he quit this forum). I believe that due to not covering enough characters (missing a lot of retros and Pokemons for one) that a better poll could be made, but I doubt people are willing to restart.
Wait, he quit.

I figure making a new poll and try to get it every where we can. Just have it focus on who you like rather than winning. Probably be a temp blog.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl is still around, he just said that he is not coming back to the SSB4 board here (in the backroom).

And yeah, a blog focusing on what we want would be best. However, that requires us to go to many sites. These in particular I would like to hit if such a poll were to be made:

- YouTube
- Here
- GameFAQs
- Nsider2
- IGN
- All Is Brawl
- NeoGAFs
- GoNintendo
- Nintendo Life
- Destructoid
- G4 TV
- Gametrailer

Basically, any major Smash, Nintendo, and video game website. I would also like to go through 4chan, but navigating that place is a pain.

But this is getting off-topic, so we might as well bring it to the general roster discussion thread or by PM (whichever is best).

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
I liked the idea behind each series had one newcomer so if you guys do get this poll running may i suggest doing a few "lead in polls" for each series for example
Which mario series character should represent the mario series in the upcoming poll (creative i know)

Birdo- x votes- x%
Toad- x votes- x%
Waluigi- x votes- x%
Daisy- x votes- x%

OT: Waluigi should have some really powerful kicks in his moveset

D

Deleted member

Waa.

I've almost finished revising the moveset. Not only make him a bit more "chaotic", but I made him into what he is; a cheater. :awesome:
You'll all see what I mean when I am finished.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Shortiecanbrawl is still around, he just said that he is not coming back to the SSB4 board here (in the backroom).

And yeah, a blog focusing on what we want would be best. However, that requires us to go to many sites. These in particular I would like to hit if such a poll were to be made:

- YouTube
- Here
- GameFAQs
- Nsider2
- IGN
- All Is Brawl
- NeoGAFs
- GoNintendo
- Nintendo Life
- Destructoid
- G4 TV
- Gametrailer

Basically, any major Smash, Nintendo, and video game website. I would also like to go through 4chan, but navigating that place is a pain.

But this is getting off-topic, so we might as well bring it to the general roster discussion thread or by PM (whichever is best).
I can navigate /v/. It's no big deal.

If you are interested, we can work on this though PMs. I may even make a social group for this if anyone is serious.

xxbroken-gloryxx

Smash Rookie
I believe that Smash 4 will feature 1 new character to almost ALL of the franchises featured in the game (excluding third party franchises) and I think Waluigi would be a GOOD choice, but not a GREAT choice. I think Toad is lower than him as competition but Bowser Jr. will be in. I think he is more involved in the Mario Games.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Well it was only a matter of time let's address the "Who the hell would waluigi fight for in ssb4" issue
There are two obvious choices
The MARIO SERIES
or.........
The WARIO SERIES
So let's take a look at both

The Mario Series
Waluigi has his humble beginnings in MARIO tennis for the N64 as most of you are aware but let's take a look at these games not just tennis but the sports an spin offs in general. Yes i'm very much aware that MARIO is in the title of most of these games what else are you gonna call a game that has a bunch of mario characters in it. That being said character such as DK and dissy and as waluigi haters are quick to bring up waluigi have never appeared in an actual mario platformer (also wario and daisy were only in...one a piece if i recall and they were a good ways back so that's at least mentionable.) Long story short alot of characters in the MARIO spin offs aren't really mario characters anymore(in the mario main series mindset) and some never were in the first place (miis) SO are they really MARIO games...Just something to think about.

Wario Series
Wario series is another choice some people believe that since wario is waluigi's Broth.....Frie..Aquaint.....GUY HE PLAYS SPORTS WITH!!! (yeah lets go with that) that that is enough reason to justify that he should rep the wario series. The problem here though is that much like he hasn't appeared in a mario title he hasn't appeared in a wario title either...Also Don'tyou think that wario being the only wario character fit's his personality? Think about wario is one greedy S.O.B so when he wins a match in SSB he get's all the glory and reward....

My solution!!
Now my solution is a revolutionary idea how about waluigi reps....*drum roll* HIMSELF like wario waluigi is very greedy some may argue even greedier than wario (if that's possible) Now I know what you're thinking "waluigi doesn't have his own series" So what?? R.O.B is a damn NES Accessory (I Like R.O.B so R.O.B fans can chill) Waluigi's greedy selfish unsportsman like conduct would really fit the lone rep idea like wario. But this is just my personal opinion.

D

Deleted member

Except that R.O.B. has two games: Gyromite and Stack-Up, so that argument makes no sense.

And as an avid Waluigi fan, Waluigi's not all that greedy, just hateful and egotistical.

Also, Waluigi uses the Mario icon for his Assist Trophy update on the Dojo, so he'd use that. But maybe get his own victory theme like Meta Knight.
And yes, the Sports games are Mario games. They may not be any of the adventure games, but they still count as Mario titles. It'd be like saying Kirby Air Ride is not a Kirby game.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Except that R.O.B. has two games: Gyromite and Stack-Up, so that argument makes no sense.

And as an avid Waluigi fan, Waluigi's not all that greedy, just hateful and egotistical.

Also, Waluigi uses the Mario icon for his Assist Trophy update on the Dojo, so he'd use that. But maybe get his own victory theme like Meta Knight.
And yes, the Sports games are Mario games. They may not be any of the adventure games, but they still count as Mario titles. It'd be like saying Kirby Air Ride is not a Kirby game.
Except for the fact that he is not the star (or even appears) in either he just influences what happens on screen through you're command albeit very poorly

Wario's trophy description portrayed him as a mario character in melee. with no reference what so ever to wario land or ware (ware i can understand because the first one came out 2 years AFTER melee)

And yes, the Sports games are Mario games. They may not be any of the adventure games, but they still count as Mario titles. It'd be like saying Kirby Air Ride is not a Kirby

Yes but kirby airride doesn't have other series characters does it? Im just saying that the mario spin offs are not mario main series games (platformers) so waluigi really doesn't fit in with the other 4 or 5 if you count jr who all have their beginnings in the platformers.

Meh he has tried to steal alot of things and money seems to motivate him that bein said WAY MORE of an ego than wario so ill agree to that however still makes a good case for him torephimself

D

Deleted member

1. Doesn't matter. Those games are part of the "Robot Series", the Robot being the Famicon Robot a.k.a. R.O.B. outside Japan. Meaning, they are a part of HIS series.

Wario's Melee Trophy said:
An old acquaintance of Mario's. His failure to seize Mario's castle has fueled Wario's desire for a palace of his own. (Reference to Wario Land 1, where he was trying to get a castle of his own.) Wario has herculean strength and can do things that even Mario can't imitate. (Another throwback to the Wario Land series.) His unexpected skills include a talent with items and the ability to assume many roles, among them a snowman, a zombie, and a bat. (Reference to Wario Land 2 and 3.)
But unlike Waluigi, Wario has his own series (two, in fact) to be a representative of. Making Waluigi branch off in Smash soley because Wario did is foolish.

3. It's all part of the same series, dude. Adventuring, sports, whatever.
And a in-Smash counter is Dr. Mario. Dr. Mario is not from the adventuring games, but is from the Dr. Mario puzzle series, which, could warrant him having a seperate icon by your example. However, he is listed as a Mario character with the Mushroom symbol.
Also, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario are all part of the Mario Universe, so other than 3rd Party crossovers such as Mario & Sonic at the Olympics and Fortune Street or guest character appearances, such as Pac-Man, Mrs. Pac-Man, Blinky, and Mamechi in the Mario Kart Arcade GP games and the Final Fantasy characters in Mario Hoops and Sports Mix (and Slime from Dragon Quest in the latter), there are no "other series".

4. I have yet to see Waluigi steal money or focus on money like Wario. Whenever he steals something, it's always to try to benefit him, like taking the Music Keys in order to rule the Mushroom Kingdom with his dancing skills, or the Mischief Star to challenge the player.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
If only a 3DS could run flash.

BTW Golden,I agree with everything exept the trophy.
You're right,but if he is still listed as a Mario series character,wouldn't that mean that…Wario Land was considered a Mario game?(after all,it's also called "Wario Land : Super Mario Land 3",not that it still a Mario game TODAY,but…)

D

Deleted member

You know who else was listed with Mario trophies in Melee? Yoshi.
If Wario had been in Melee, it literally would be the same case like Yoshi.

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
But Waluigi has to have a seperate winning-song in the least. Y'know. So we could all hear that beautiful banjo solo.

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
Shhhhh, that never happened. NEVER HAPPENED
(Oh right, my bad)

What if, come announcement of characters, Waluigi is announced and we all just go crazy.

Game comes out and he is that neutral B with Peach except for Wario.

Honestly, I'd laugh. And proceed to only use that move with Wario.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
1. Doesn't matter. Those games are part of the "Robot Series", the Robot being the Famicon Robot a.k.a. R.O.B. outside Japan. Meaning, they are a part of HIS series.

But unlike Waluigi, Wario has his own series (two, in fact) to be a representative of. Making Waluigi branch off in Smash soley because Wario did is foolish.

3. It's all part of the same series, dude. Adventuring, sports, whatever.
And a in-Smash counter is Dr. Mario. Dr. Mario is not from the adventuring games, but is from the Dr. Mario puzzle series, which, could warrant him having a seperate icon by your example. However, he is listed as a Mario character with the Mushroom symbol.
Also, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario are all part of the Mario Universe, so other than 3rd Party crossovers such as Mario & Sonic at the Olympics and Fortune Street or guest character appearances, such as Pac-Man, Mrs. Pac-Man, Blinky, and Mamechi in the Mario Kart Arcade GP games and the Final Fantasy characters in Mario Hoops and Sports Mix (and Slime from Dragon Quest in the latter), there are no "other series".

4. I have yet to see Waluigi steal money or focus on money like Wario. Whenever he steals something, it's always to try to benefit him, like taking the Music Keys in order to rule the Mushroom Kingdom with his dancing skills, or the Mischief Star to challenge the player.
1.Still Doesn't change the fact that professor gyro was the player character in those games so r.o.b repping a series he didn't star in is still quite strange.

2. true BUT wario is a bit strange ofa rep as well notice how wario's icon is his trade mark "W' however he is almost completely based of wario ware i think he has like 2 moves from wario land. That being said if he is supposed to be repping wario ware shouldunt his icon be

3. Come on man Doc was from a spin off but he was literally just mario in a doctors outfit big difference between an outfit and a different entity. Also mario UNIVERSE and mario SERIES are different things MARIO UNIVERSE is is anyone and anything connected to mario in anyway possible RPG, Spinoffs, platformers, 3D platformers, puzzle ANYTHING Mario series is the main 2d and 3d mario that actually have a story to them. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, and Bowser Jr and ......Toad *gags* are Mario SERIES characters they have reoccuring roles in the mario games that actually have a plot. where as characters like Wario, Dk, fawful, Paper Mario, Waluigi, daisy and i guess birdo now are mario universe characters characters that may have their origins in a mario main game or just fit into the series as a whole but never participate in any real plot.

4. Wario comments in i believe in super sluggers that waluigi tried to trick him out of a treasure "calling Waluigi his "traitor friend" and a "beanpole" after Waluigi tried to keep a treasure chest for himself." he also steals the star in mario party (he also kicked bowsers *** in that game)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Waluigi never appeared in any of Wario's games though. Therefore, he's officially classified as a Super Mario franchise character.

D

Deleted member

1.Still Doesn't change the fact that professor gyro was the player character in those games so r.o.b repping a series he didn't star in is still quite strange.
You are aware that Professor Hector is R.O.B.'s "creator", right? And that Professor Hector controls him in Stack-Up, right? And that R.O.B. helps him in Gyromite, right?
R.O.B. is pretty much a character that is outside the gaming world.
R.O.B. is just as much a "star" as Professor Hector is in those games.

2. true BUT wario is a bit strange ofa rep as well notice how wario's icon is his trade mark "W' however he is almost completely based of wario ware i think he has like 2 moves from wario land. That being said if he is supposed to be repping wario ware shouldunt his icon be

If Captain Falcon was supposed to be repping F-Zero, shouldn't his icon be a F-Zero racer, not his own Falcon symbol?
It doesn't matter what the icon is as long as it makes sense. Wario has two series under his belt, and is associated with the letter W.
Waluigi has no series under his belt, as he does not star in anything. Giving him a symbol JUST BECAUSE OF WARIO HAVING ONE is foolish.

3. Come on man Doc was from a spin off but he was literally just mario in a doctors outfit big difference between an outfit and a different entity. Also mario UNIVERSE and mario SERIES are different things MARIO UNIVERSE is is anyone and anything connected to mario in anyway possible RPG, Spinoffs, platformers, 3D platformers, puzzle ANYTHING Mario series is the main 2d and 3d mario that actually have a story to them. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, and Bowser Jr and ......Toad *gags* are Mario SERIES characters they have reoccuring roles in the mario games that actually have a plot. where as characters like Wario, Dk, fawful, Paper Mario, Waluigi, daisy and i guess birdo now are mario universe characters characters that may have their origins in a mario main game or just fit into the series as a whole but never participate in any real plot.
The "Mario series" is anything that Mario is a star in. The "Mario Universe" is the connection between games that Mario stars in and games that Donkey Kong stars in, Wario stars in, etc.
And you can't make excuses or excpetions. "Waluigi isn't a Mario character because he only appears in spin-offs, which are not Mario games, but Dr. Mario is one just because he's Mario in a lab coat." Things like that make your argument pathetic.
Also, I would like to point out that by your juristiction, Mario Kart doesn't count as part of the Mario series because it's a racing spin-off, and yet, it uses the Mushroom symbol. Game, Set, and Match.

4. Wario comments in i believe in super sluggers that waluigi tried to trick him out of a treasure "calling Waluigi his "traitor friend" and a "beanpole" after Waluigi tried to keep a treasure chest for himself." he also steals the star in mario party (he also kicked bowsers *** in that game)
Ok, yes, that "traitor friend" business did happen, but ONE instance of trying to keep a treasure to himself and not share with Wario doesn't make him a full on greedy person like Wario has shown to be.
Also, I already talked about taking the Mischief Star, but he did it in order to challenge the player, not keep it for himself. He didn't take it for his own personal desire, just as a tool to prove himself.
Repsponses in red.

Long story short, Waluigi does not star in his own series, and thus should not get his own icon.
Also, the sports games ARE Mario games. To say that they're not is idiotic.

The only Mario character at this point that MAY warrant his own icon is Luigi, for the Luigi's Mansion series, but I doubt that would happen.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Ok i'm back after dealing with quite the nasty sunburn i won't go into detail for the sake of common decency rest assured it was quite painful and very nasty.
Anyway back to business since this thread seems to be awaiting my reply.

"You are aware that Professor Hector is R.O.B.'s "creator", right? And that Professor Hector controls him in Stack-Up, right? And that R.O.B. helps him in Gyromite, right?
R.O.B. is pretty much a character that is outside the gaming world.
R.O.B. is just as much a "star" as Professor Hector is in those games."

Of course but you have to dig through the manual to learn that tid bit of info and yet again i must emphasize that R.O.B or the robotic, opperating, buddy Does not physically appear in either game If you think about it he's basically an invisible navi that doesn't talk (THANK GOD) "R.O.B. is pretty much a character outside the gaming world" This is my point he does not star physically in the game/games which makes him and G&W (somewhat) stand out.

"If Captain Falcon was supposed to be repping F-Zero, shouldn't his icon be a F-Zero racer, not his own Falcon symbol?
It doesn't matter what the icon is as long as it makes sense. Wario has two series under his belt, and is associated with the letter W.
Waluigi has no series under his belt, as he does not star in anything. Giving him a symbol JUST BECAUSE OF WARIO HAVING ONE is foolish."

You have good points here BUT you're forgetting that F-zero does NOT have an established emblem like wario ware for falcon using his own symbol makes sense since he is the mario of the series. Wario ware has an established symbol like metroid and zelda and wario not using that would mean he is supposed to rep wario land which leads to confusion for the obvious reason (he has.....two wario land moves......)

The "Mario series" is anything that Mario is a star in. The "Mario Universe" is the connection between games that Mario stars in and games that Donkey Kong stars in, Wario stars in, etc.
And you can't make excuses or excpetions. "Waluigi isn't a Mario character because he only appears in spin-offs, which are not Mario games, but Dr. Mario is one just because he's Mario in a lab coat." Things like that make your argument pathetic.
Also, I would like to point out that by your juristiction, Mario Kart doesn't count as part of the Mario series because it's a racing spin-off, and yet, it uses the Mushroom symbol. Game, Set, and Match.

Is mario the "star" in the spin offs?...perhaps he may have some emphasis in the opening cutscene or the tutorial level but that's hardly enough to qualify as star status. Yeah the game is named after him but what sounds more recognizable after several games called super MARIO bros I'm not even sure there is any other choice name aside in most of the spin offs you can play the game without a trace of him just by simply not selecting him in character select. "Waluigi isn't a Mario character because he only appears in spin-offs, which are not Mario games, but Dr. Mario is one just because he's Mario in a lab coat." Things like that make your argument pathetic. How????? He literally is mario in a lab coat nothing else whatsoever he's not a separate character from mario at all how do you not see the difference between that and a fully fledged individual character??? I mean what if they put a second luigi based completely off the poltergust and made him his own series?,,,,,same principal. Also mario kart using the mushroom symbol is junk tag tournament 2 uses the mushroom is it a mario game?? the mushroom is just an easy to recognize mario item nothing more.

Ok, yes, that "traitor friend" business did happen, but ONE instance of trying to keep a treasure to himself and not share with Wario doesn't make him a full on greedy person like Wario has shown to be.
Also, I already talked about taking the Mischief Star, but he did it in order to challenge the player, not keep it for himself. He didn't take it for his own personal desire, just as a tool to prove himself.

He steals stuff for his own motives not just wealth still greedy but in different arguably more sinister ways.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of which, I always imagined Prof. Hector being the selected character and ROB being controlled by him during my young days making wish lists for the next smash after melee.

I was hoping that would be the case when ROB was announced.

D

Deleted member

Man, I almost forgot.
I'm working on a video for my new moveset, so that gives some ideas.

jigglover

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13982064&postcount=568
Waluigi is hated on this board, you say?
This isn't some ancient poll. This is just a few months ago.
A lot happens in a few months. Little mac has only 16 votes on that poll, now he is considered a shoo-in character.
Daisy has actually been in the same amount of spin-off games (maybe one less but I'm pretty sure Waluigi wasn't in Mario golf: toad-stool tour) and a main game. So that kind of renders a lot of the OP useless, since in that regard, Daisy is a massive contender. I don't support her, I just hate Waluigi and want him gone.

D

Deleted member

Only difference is that it's difficult to make Daisy different enough from Peach to warrant an inclusion, but not quite as difficult to make Waluigi different from Wario.
In fact, it would be harder to make Waluigi a CLONE while still making a lick of sense than Daisy, who's only "main game" role was the same exact deal as Peach; getting kidnapped and having to have Mario save her.

That, and Waluigi has more support for Smash and much more going for him than Daisy.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I know, as I said, I'm not sticking up for Daisy, just putting down Waluigi, but if you want to carry on, I was just saying that Waluigi doesn't have a main game role, Daisy does. Also, it would actually be difficult to make Daisy a clone as well since she is mainly associated with sports, put her in her sports outfit (the one that's not a dress) and give her sport related items and a dice block or something to reference Mario Party.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
Only difference is that it's difficult to make Daisy different enough from Peach to warrant an inclusion, but not quite as difficult to make Waluigi different from Wario.
In fact, it would be harder to make Waluigi a CLONE while still making a lick of sense than Daisy, who's only "main game" role was the same exact deal as Peach; getting kidnapped and having to have Mario save her.

That, and Waluigi has more support for Smash and much more going for him than Daisy.
Waluigi has more moveset potential than Daisy. Along with the sports, Waluigi is lanky and flexible, has the ability to swim through air, make a Meta Knight-style tornado, and has a penchant for explosives. Daisy is a Peach rip-off with a grating voice and nothing about her is special.

Also, the crotch chop has to be a taunt.

D

Deleted member

@jigglover: That's even worse than making her a clone, as it'd be horribly generic and doesn't reflect Daisy at all.
And yes, it would be VERY easy to make Daisy a clone/semi-clone.

B: Snifit-Instead of pulling out Toad, she pulls out a Snifit. And instead of being a counter, the Snifit shoots people.
Side B: Daisy Bomber-Same as Peach, but stronger and makes flowers instead of hearts.
Up B: Parasol-Self-explanatory. ("B-but Daisy never uses a parasol!" Neither did Peach prior to Melee.)
Down B: Flower Power-Instead of Vegetables, Daisy plucks out various flower (and plant) based items, which can include Fire Flowers and Lip's Sticks. She can also (rarely) pluck Piranha Plants and Pikmin.
Final Smash: Daisy Blossom-Daisy puts everyone in a state of dizziness, while a large flower grows on their heads.

There. Easy.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Just keep daisy an alt and be done with it perhaps in SSB4 the daisy costume could be more precise and make peach's hair shorter and swap out the heart effects for flowers. As gold stated waluigi is very different in appearance than another character as well as a unique personality and in turn moveset potential.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Daisy is literally a filler character.
She was only made because of the lack of human characters in the Mario series.
Anyways, since we're talking about the WAA here, I do believe that Waluigi's lanky arms and legs will make him a pretty good air fighter.
Oh, and, by the way, Waluigi's alot better than some generic and useless Bowser minions(King Boo, Kamek, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom