• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't get me wrong, i am a Waluigi supporter, in fact i would vote Waluigi so he would get in. I'm just so surprised he's first...

D

Deleted member

It's cause Waluigi stomps on Toad like it's no one's business! :troll:

That, and his chaotic randomness is perfect for the chaotic environment of Smash.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I not only support Waluigi in Smash Bros. 4, I need Him & Wario to star their own home Console game, Super Wario Bros. for the WiiU....make....it....happen

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I not only support Waluigi in Smash Bros. 4, I need Him & Wario to star their own home Console game, Super Wario Bros. for the WiiU....make....it....happen
Yes... and with two Watoads as they rescue Wapeach from Wabowser. :troll:

His...nose looks like...:urg:

A mushroom...
You sure about that? It looks like a certain part of the male anatomy...

D

Deleted member

Nah, clearly they will be joined by Shroobs, not Toads. :troll:

Toads are too gay (in the literal definition, that of which meaning "happy") to work with the likes of the Was. They also hate and/or fear them, with the sole exception of Toadette.

But nah, I wouldn't expect any more than 2 players, Wario and Waluigi. 3rd would likely be Mona, 4th is anyone's bet. Tatanga's return, maybe?

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
I fully support waluigi for smash and it's not just because he's my favorite mario character. I believe his abilities showcased throughout the spinoffs would be more that efficient at giving him a unique and interesting moveset.
he is easily in my top 5 most wanted newcomers

volbound1700

Smash Master
They only had one character per series, I wanted to vote for Medusa from Kid Icarus. It wasn't possible.

D

Deleted member

There are write-in votes, volbound.
Also, Waluigi got passed up by freaking N.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah but I don't want to make an account with their website just to do a write-in. Also I forgot to vote for King K. Rool who is one of my major favorites to be added.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
N so he would have to have reshiram/zekrom right? And we all know that wouldn't work so what are the implying with him??

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
N so he would have to have reshiram/zekrom right? And we all know that wouldn't work so what are the implying with him??

He would most likely have them as a Final smash, most logicaly

He does have other pokemon, canon and non-canon you know >__>

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
He would most likely have them as a Final smash, most logicaly

He does have other pokemon, canon and non-canon you know >__>
He doesn't have pokemon in the games (Not sure about other media). That goes completely against his ideology.

If you look at the N battles in B/W, he has a new team in each battle, and his pokemon all can be found in the surrounding area. Instead of owning a team (Remember, he wants to free all Pokemon from people), he temporarily uses wild Pokemon.

An N moveset would have to use new, random Pokemon each time to accurately capture his battle style, and that idea isn't feasible.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't have pokemon in the games (Not sure about other media). That goes completely against his ideology.
The purpose of smash is to reinvent and capture what characters are. Going by that logic, Captain Falcon shouldn't have been modeled after kamen rider's moves, as that goes against his ideology. Same applies to most other characters

N moveset would have to use new, random Pokemon each time to accurately capture his battle style, and that idea isn't feasible.
Good luck with that pipe dream, Sakurai had enough trouble implementing ditto >_>

Nothing would "have" to "use this and that" as we could suddenly see N with an original moveset

Anyways, on topic. I'm pretty dissapointed Waluigi is losing right now. Its sad to see other people in certain threads, which I won't name, call waluigi supporters either trolls or idiots. Have we really let ourselves go with those kinds of insults?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Anyways, on topic. I'm pretty dissapointed Waluigi is losing right now. Its sad to see other people in certain threads, which I won't name, call waluigi supporters either trolls or idiots. Have we really let ourselves go with those kinds of insults?
It's Smash Brothers threads. It's bound to happen.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
The purpose of smash is to reinvent and capture what characters are. Going by that logic, Captain Falcon shouldn't have been modeled after kamen rider's moves, as that goes against his ideology. Same applies to most other characters

Good luck with that pipe dream, Sakurai had enough trouble implementing ditto >_>

Nothing would "have" to "use this and that" as we could suddenly see N with an original moveset

Err how grab a stick and start people with it... the legends are what make n recognizeable they would have to create something entirely new to implement him which would be strange to say the least

D

Deleted member

N as a summoner ala Yugi in the Jump Stars games would be quite feasible.

Also, I WOULD like to point out that in B2/W2, he finally has set teams for each season.
Also, by the end of B/W, he realizes that his method was wrong (after being bested by the player).

But why are we talking about N when we should be talking about Waa?

Bio-Blue

Smash Cadet
The hell with N, Ghetsis is where it's at. He actually attempts to kill the player, unlike N who just stands there and lets the wind go through his empty skull. :glare:

But back on topic, at least Waluigi is still top five on the poll. :awesome:
.........with Prof. Layton very close behind...........this bothers me for some reason.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ghetsis was stupid. He was shoehorned in only so younger players had a character they could recognize as "this character is a bad guy."

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Still seems kinda odd for a pokemon rep but anyway your'e right this thread needs more
Wa-lu-i-gi yeah Yeah YEAH. By the way i don't care what they say that needs to be one of his taunts.

D

Deleted member

Ghetsis was stupid. He was shoehorned in only so younger players had a character they could recognize as "this character is a bad guy."
This. Giovanni is easily the best villain. Cyrus comes at a close second. A VERY close second.

Unless we drag the spinoffs in this, in which case, don't get me started on the likes of Evice and Greevil...

@WAA: The Crotch Chop needs to be a victory animation, since it's pretty much saying "Suck it, I won!"

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This. Giovanni is easily the best villain. Cyrus comes at a close second. A VERY close second.
N was pretty cool because you couldn't say he was really a bad guy. His viewpoints were different but you couldn't so easily say he was wrong. It fit so well with the very idea of the whole games, being that the world isn't so "Black and White." BUT THEN GHETSIS APPEARS AT THE END. "I AM EVIL AND I WANT TO FIGHT YOU HA HA." HOW VERY BLACK AND WHITE AFTER ALL.

Not even going to try and make this on topic.

D

Deleted member

Expecting more off topic?

TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!

Thorn whip as Final Smash doesn't appeal to me. Make it a Tether Grab.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
*searches topic*
Oh that sounds interesting multiple hits and such
i like the dance dance revolution one too sweet rave party WITH EXPLOSIONS!!!

D

Deleted member

I got Mario Tennis as a Virtual Console gift from Club Nintendo, so not only do I get to see Waluigi's origin, but it will help me somewhat on some Tennis Racket attack.

.....geez he sounded much different in that game....almost like a "I'll EFF you up" Brooklyn ganster.

Also, his eyes shine when he scores. That MUST be a taunt.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Waluigi was a much more sadistic character during his early years. But then he became more of a comedic jerk, probably to compliment Wario a bit better.

D

Deleted member

Brawl played on more of the sadistic nature of Waluigi, so that's perfect.

Smash Dojo said:
Waluigi keeps on stomping, punishing his foe persistently with successive blows. As should be expected from Waluigi.
Smash Dojo said:
Never forget to finish off those who are helpless to resist. Such a philosophy should really be expected from Waluigi.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I think one of his specials should work like the baseball bat from mario baseball
In that to get its full potential then you must charge it to ALMOST full then it'll give the biggest punch,
What i mean is that if you release it right after you start the special then it has the weakest knockback but if you hold it then its power increases until it hits the end of the timer and then the attack strength drops to about half its power.

So you need to time it right when its at its peak

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
I think one of his specials should work like the baseball bat from mario baseball
In that to get its full potential then you must charge it to ALMOST full then it'll give the biggest punch,
What i mean is that if you release it right after you start the special then it has the weakest knockback but if you hold it then its power increases until it hits the end of the timer and then the attack strength drops to about half its power.

So you need to time it right when its at its peak
Maybe he could fall over if you reach full; I could imagine Waluigi winding up more and more until he accidentally overbalances and falls right on his face. It would look funny and fit his personality.

D

Deleted member

I would rather go for the sinister, sadistic personality established in the early games and Brawl rather than the comical side.

I think Wario does the comical side well enough on his own with his WarioWare style.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
I would rather go for the sinister, sadistic personality established in the early games and Brawl rather than the comical side.

I think Wario does the comical side well enough on his own with his WarioWare style.
That's ironically why i didn't really like wario that much in brawl i feel as though he could have had much more wario land influence in his moveset (side b: shoulder charge. throw people at any angle ETC) Meh i just feel as though waluigi could fill that niche much better

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I decided to do up a size comparison for Waluigi, comparing him to four other characters...

[collapse=Size Comparison]Waluigi, Palutena, Ganondorf, Emboar, & Rosalina (Peach vertex hack)
[/collapse]

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
I decided to do up a size comparison for Waluigi, comparing him to four other characters...

[collapse=Size Comparison]Waluigi, Palutena, Ganondorf, Emboar, & Rosalina (Peach vertex hack)
[/collapse]
That's really cool any chance you can do one with mario luigi and wario?? Ive always been sorta interested to see how tall waluigi is in comparison

D

Deleted member

Waluigi is an interesting situation. He's highly requested, prominent in the series (in appearances), and could have an awesome move set. Not to mention he could fit all of Sakurai's criteria.

However, he's one of these characters while despite having what it takes to get in, just doesn't look like someone Sakurai is going to add in this time. He faces heavy competition from others who are more important and have made more impact in the series than Waluigi.

Unless in the slim chance Mario gets six slots (it's not even guarantee five), I don't think he's going to make it. Maybe SSB5 he'll have a better chance, but now doesn't seem to be the time. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom