• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Mains Interview Thread! Interview: TooBusyToCare!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nair second hit only has like 9 frames of disadvantage, and since you can hit with different parts of it and prevent them from shield grabbing (if you space it well, Nair stays out and hits them as their body lunges to try and shield grab you, or you are too high vertically for their grab to connect). The frame disadvantage for the first hit to the second hit is only 7 frames, meaning a lot of characters can't technically shield grab it or they have to be frame perfect to shield grab it.

The more you know!

Lord Chair

Smash Master
The frame disadvantage for the first hit to the second hit is only 7 frames, meaning a lot of characters can't technically shield grab it or they have to be frame perfect to shield grab it.
You'd be surprised how easy it actually turns out to buffer a shieldgrab, of course so long as you space well through either crossup or just moving away you can always avoid the grab, but don't see it as anything short of really doable.

Not really trying to hi-jack your interview, just mentioning ^^

edit: Just actually read everything through. @PhantomX, how can you say -9 moves are unsafe?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
DMG whats the deal between you and PX why does it seem as if you guys can never get along?

What does it take to play Wario at high levels of play?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bro... Bro...

I shall go avenge the Pirates.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Nair is safe on shields, depending on who you are using it on. You can do it to Snake for Lulz if done correctly. Marth, MK, and Dedede make it look foolish, but you don't generally attempt to Nair them in the first place (besides Dedede maybe offstage or while he is already airborne)
nair is good vs marth, you high?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Picture guy =/= frame tester.

Also, I've used nair moreso than anyone else can claim to use the move. Not only is the range short, meaning you're close to the opponents who often have faster ground options or more ground priority, it has 0 push back.

I also have no idea where you got the -9 number from, but it's a load of bull****. People can act as you're hitting the ground, before you can even move, as it's happened to me plenty of times. How do you think we found out Wario's hurtbox shrinks/disappears into the z axis when he's landing? People trying to grab it or attack it after shielding right as he's hitting the ground and whiffing.

@Masky, fine, I'll admit I wasn't including trivia Wario knowledge, just practical/spacing/punishment type stuff.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Ok Px Apparently It Is 4 Frames, Only 2 Frame Aerial In The Game Is Mk's Uair

Asdjajkdjkadnjanjnadjkasdnsajk Hotgarbage Knows Too Much

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i feel you. ive felt like quitting a couple times. i just like... never end up actually quitting though. lol
ive only been going for about two years.

yeah man, good times.

im always happy to find someone else that smokes in the smash scene. :)

anyways, dmg.
how many times have you wondered what i look like?
how many times have you, in fact, secretely, wanted to DMG me.
or vice versa.
get slamed.

edit: no homo. ;)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How does it feel to be less hairy than me?

Does Pass the Squirtle make you feel bad at all?

What Disney song do I sing the best?

If you could ban Hylian from singing a Disney song, what would you ban?

What do you hate worse: Charizard's nair or Rock Smash?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
How does it feel to be less hairy than me?

Does Pass the Squirtle make you feel bad at all?

What Disney song do I sing the best?

If you could ban Hylian from singing a Disney song, what would you ban?

What do you hate worse: Charizard's nair or Rock Smash?
I will tell you once I have balded enough to be less hairy than you.

Pass the Squirtle is amazing. One of the most hilarious things I've invented on the fly :)

Uhh... I'd have to say I like your rendition of "Hakuna Matata" since you act out all the parts.

Jordan can sing any song he wants, he just needs to make sure he's inaudible to the rest of us, haha.

I don't really hate either move... I just wish I'd die to rock smash in a less repetitive and monotonous fashion.

Why are you such a nice person?

Who are you, and what is your view on life, religion and the world as you know it?
I feel that niceness comes from tolerance, patience with people, and understanding. I was brought up by good people, tend to make good people my friends, and am pretty good with people in general. I'm also a quite funny and intelligent guy, so being nice/good is natural to me.

Don't take me to be all that perfect, though, I'm quite intolerant and impatient when it comes to base ignorance and stupidity (not the benign kind, but the kind that motivates people to irrational [and often violent] behaviors and actions).

I am PhantomX, obviously. I like to keep my gaming life and my private life as separate as possible. I don't really think I have a cemented view on life as a whole, I just sort of take it one step at a time with some prior planning to make its progress easier for myself. I am agnostic, and, since I've studied science and history a lot, I see religion more as a way to control the masses than anything else. Plus I've seen a lot of two-facedness from its practitioners, as well as extreme violence in the name of religions which attempt to preach tolerance and kindness.

I consider the world to be pretty corrupt. Due to the nature of people there is massive inequality and intolerance and violence. I particularly despise that those who are educated and in good positions often take advantage of those needier or less worldly than them for personal gain, at little or no consequence.

Hardest matchup and favorite neutral and cp?
The hardest matchup for me personally is Snake because I don't have the patience it takes to deal with him and he can kill you early to boot. I love Smashville (though Battlefield is really growing on me), and it goes without saying that my favorite counterpick is Brinstar... I think I've only ever lost there once or twice (much earlier on in my "career").

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
PX What do you think it takes for Wario to be played at high levels of play?

Does anyone want to help me out with this thread and do the Q&A for DMG?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

I was willing to, until i read this again.

@PX: If you were president, what would you do for the smash community?

Padô

Smash Lord
PhantomX,

Since I joined the Wario community you were (and still is) like the HEAD of the organization around here, from what I've been seeing you are taking some distance from the Smash Community lately (3 months ago maybe?), I've read a lot of your replys here and some of them justify that action (Med School and etc), do you really think we could keep this community organization with a little less of your presence?

I think we all feel pretty bad about knowing you aren't travelling to play anymore. Do you have plans on travelling to play again or being more active on distant tourneys?

Which TV series do you usually watch?

You got a LOT of experience of almost all of the matchups. How did you manage to overcome your problems with specific matchups or "playing styles" from different players? Any advices to new players to overcome those?

TexMex favorite Dish?

@Thread

I'd like to get interviewed but I'm afraid I won't have ANY questions to be made :(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nope cause now he will have rich doctor money like Bassem

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

If you want to be successful with Wario at high levels of play you have to have a very good understanding of not just your character and what he's capable of, but of the htiboxes and gimmicks/tricks of the other characters (particularly those involving grabs). If you know how to space their moves JUST outside their hit range, you become able to punish pretty much anything that has any sort of commitment (animation-wise), including moves like Marth's fair and MK's dair.

I was willing to, until i read this again.

@PX: If you were president, what would you do for the smash community?
If I was president I would probably not be playing smash or caring about the community, as I would have bigger fish to fry and interns to ****.

PhantomX,

Since I joined the Wario community you were (and still is) like the HEAD of the organization around here, from what I've been seeing you are taking some distance from the Smash Community lately (3 months ago maybe?), I've read a lot of your replys here and some of them justify that action (Med School and etc), do you really think we could keep this community organization with a little less of your presence?

I think we all feel pretty bad about knowing you aren't travelling to play anymore. Do you have plans on travelling to play again or being more active on distant tourneys?

Which TV series do you usually watch?

You got a LOT of experience of almost all of the matchups. How did you manage to overcome your problems with specific matchups or "playing styles" from different players? Any advices to new players to overcome those?

TexMex favorite Dish?

@Thread

I'd like to get interviewed but I'm afraid I won't have ANY questions to be made :(
I think the community will be fine without me. I wasn't always the one leading and organizing it. Before the "big four" (Fiction, Bassem, DMG, and myself) sort of took over, we had Blue Shell spearheading the Wario boards and metagame. I'm sure once I leave someone else will rise up to take my place, especially since the character seems to be getting a solid base of good players nowadays.

This game has always been just that, a game to me. It's not worth it for me to spend hundreds on travel to play a video game. I like to have fun, but not when I could be doing it for much cheaper. If I'm going to spend a lot of money to go somewhere, I don't want it to be for a day, or to spend it locked in a room with a hundred guys (if it was a hundred scantily clad, highly attractive, and horny women, I'd consider it). So no, no plans to do so.

American TV is mostly a pile of **** atm, the only American TV shows I follow are House M.D. and The Mentalist, though I've started watching Chuck as well b/c that Australian chick is hot. I watch more anime as they tend to be both much more original and entertaining and I can watch them on the go (I ride the bus a lot to school, or have to wait between classes, etc.).

I over came matchup issues mostly through trial and error. Particularly in friendlies, I'll try anything that comes to mind (as stupid as it may originally seem), to see what Wario can or can't do against certain tactics or moves, until I find something that works. It also helps that I'm very good at noticing patterns and conditioning opponents, so I can also often just outplay whoever I'm up against. Just make sure to remain unpredictable in your ventures while being patient to exploit both their patterns and their characters' vulnerabilities.

TexMex sucks. Chipotle burritos are awesome though.

PX do you feel bad about quitting right before MLG? :p
I don't really feel bad about it, though I did mention to Hylian the other day that it's almost like a giant MLG troll against me. I hear MLG tournaments tend to be amazing, so it's a shame that I'll never get to experience one. I don't really care about the tournaments themselves though, as it's mostly only beneficial for the top players that really want/need the money.

how do i shot web?
Grab ***** > rub up and down quickly > web shot

exactly how indian is bassem exactly?
He isn't indian, he's a **** terrorist sand ******!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
We did lock Bassem in a closet for a reason after HOBO 18.

PX, how would you feel if Vanille replaced Wario?

Gichan

Smash Champion
How did you even manage to get the grades to go to med school while playing brawl and being so good at it?

Did you ever wifi, and when you did, did it help you improve? Did you feel the improvement? Would you recommend wifi to others?

Do you remember your first tourney? did you get ***** or were you just good from the beginning?

How did it feel when you came first those two tournaments?

Will you be lurking the boards to at least chat when you "retire"?

Had to ask questions, I'd say I learned the most from your vids because I so wanted an aggressive style. I camp a little now because I'm just not good enough to keep spanking dat *** in a match, but I gotta say your matches were an inspiration to keep trying to play Wario even when I know I suck too hard to play him.

Top Bottom