• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i like how wario is the only character to get names for his costumes

he's like that one weird guy who names his ****

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I <3 dyno. Wish u were coming to Raleigh. I wanted to meet you. :(
I'm pretty annoying in real life. Ask chair. I bet after apex he was like "THANK GOD! I can't believe i was in the same country as Dyno for 3 days!" Don't get me started with how much masky hates me annoying him on aim every other day.

Anyway, yeah. NC should come to a huge tourney in GA durring October.

Over $2,000 for Brawl and SFIV combined!

EDIT: NO POT FEE!!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Wow Dyno isnt going to Raleigh? Thats so saddening. =(
I'm just too broke :(

I'm gonna have trouble finding gas money to get to school if I do not find a job. (not in the near future though. i have some time.)

But I am optimistic about this and I see my future being bright with gas in my car, restful nights and attending tournies OOS.

Padô

Smash Lord
I'm just too broke :(

I'm gonna have trouble finding gas money to get to school if I do not find a job. (not in the near future though. i have some time.)

But I am optimistic about this and I see my future being bright with gas in my car, restful nights and attending tournies OOS.
This is just too easy.

You gotta work to fill a gas tank, and I gotta work to pay my plane tickets, my housing/hotels and my transportation up there :(

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
This is just too easy.

You gotta work to fill a gas tank, and I gotta work to pay my plane tickets, my housing/hotels and my transportation up there :(
yes i must pay for those too, but your talking about going to tournaments. Im talking about life in general. Unless you have to buy those things anyway.

<3

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Biker Wario dies sooner than Classic Wario. Tested and Confirmed.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
We need to come up with official names for these Wario colors. Guys decide what you think they should be. I'll drop a couple down and let me know if they should stay or go.

Biker Wario

Normal Biker:
White/Red Biker:
Sky Blue/Orange Biker:
Green/Black Biker:
Red/Black Biker:
Light Blue/White Biker:
"Blue Jean" Wario

Classic Wario

Yellow/Purple Classic: "O.G." Wario (Original Gangsta)
Red/Blue Classic: "Peppermint" Wario (Dyno made this)
Light Blue/Pink Classic: "Cotton Candy" Wario (He looks so sweet.)
Green/Brown Classic: "Make Money" Wario (He loves money.)
Brown/Caramel Classic:"Chocolate Waft" Wario (His waft matches his clothing)
White/Navy Blue Classic: "Captain" Wario (He looks like a Navy Captain)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
also here are the color names as decided by me a long time ago

Yellow/Purple Classic: Classic Classic Wario
Red/Blue Classic: Mario Wario
Light Blue/Pink Classic: Cotton Candy Wario (Great minds think alike)
Green/Brown Classic: Moldy Bread Wario
Brown/Caramel Classic: Peanut Butter Wario (aww yee)
White/Navy Blue Classic: Sailor Wario (Close enough)

mine are p. boring tho

Zach.

Smash Rookie
the biker ones are hard to name

also is wario's dacus any good or useful

Excellence

Smash Champion
Yes, Wario's Dacus is decent and it is useful. The main problem with it is that it's really easy to DI since it doesn't pull people inside, it only juggles them on the hitboxes but it can used to tech chase things like forward throw or even just for mix ups. I sometimes use it to zip across the stage, rack up damage after someone is thrown too far, or to catch an opponent offguard. People always forget Wario can slide really far with his DACUS.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
We need to come up with official names for these Wario colors. Guys decide what you think they should be. I'll drop a couple down and let me know if they should stay or go.

Biker Wario

Normal Biker:
White/Red Biker:
Sky Blue/Orange Biker:
Green/Black Biker:
Red/Black Biker:
Light Blue/White Biker:
"Blue Jean" Wario

Classic Wario

Yellow/Purple Classic: "O.G." Wario (Original Gangsta)
Red/Blue Classic: "Peppermint" Wario (Dyno made this)
Light Blue/Pink Classic: "Cotton Candy" Wario (He looks so sweet.)
Green/Brown Classic: "Make Money" Wario (He loves money.)
Brown/Caramel Classic:"Chocolate Waft" Wario (His waft matches his clothing)
White/Navy Blue Classic: "Captain" Wario (He looks like a Navy Captain)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The red biker is peppermint. You got it wrong.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

By the way: its RED/white biker. The white assists the RED. And it's "Fresh Peppermint"

UHG! So annoyed by unnecessary ignorance! *shakes head in disapproval*

I also think that one of the green warios (maybe the biker one) should be known as the Olive wario. Since he is green and black. and I LOOOOOVE olives (especially green ones)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
^^ I approve. Green olive wario.

I also approve of:

Red/white biker: Fresh peppermint wario
White overalls: Sailor wario
Green biker wario: Green olive wario
Blue biker: Blue Jeans wario
Blue Classic: Cotton Candy Wario

Ideas:

Orange biker: Tropical mango wario
Brown Classic: Chocolate wario
Yellow/Purple Classic: Mr. McNulty

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Orange/Blue biker should be either Western Wario or Cowboy Wario.

I'm kinda stumped on Red/Black biker. All I can think of is Rotten Apple Wario. It's red but has black on the outside and white in the middle. Kinda like a Rotten Apple.

And Wario's outfit almost looks like a bowling outfit with those gloves.

Excellence

Smash Champion
So I just got pwned (we played like 6 games, I won once, got two stocked three times and 2 close games) by this Kirby and I'm wondering what I did wrong. Now, my main thing was that initally I was taking 25~30% a stock becuase she would D-Throw, Up Tilt, then BAir and it seemed like it was an actual combo because I really couldn't escape because I would only be able to avoid her follow ups. Someone told me that Kirby can't commit to his BAir and that forward hop was a decent option and it was, for a little bit, but then she just used it to sort of wall. She'd use it just to keep me from escaping and tried to bait things. I don't think her goal was to actually hit me with because whenever I'd try and play on that it never worked out in my favor. I just really need to know what to expect. If I can get a grasp on what the person is trying to do or could do in a situation then it's very unlikely that I'll lose. This is just another case of me not knowing what to expect and being amazed at what a character can do.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Or a BIKER.

<3

I do kinda like the idea of the rotten apple wario, but it doesnt seem to fit with me :/ i dont know why.
Just watch a match with someone who uses that costume say... Shadow. And picture rotten apple in your mind.

I think it's really the closest, catchiest thing I can come up with. Of course, other people have better brains than me so there may be something better.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
@ kirby matchup: im really bad at it, but i know some things.

1) If you get grabbed 90% of the time you are gonna get up tilted so SDI up and try to jump > airdodge.

2) i dont know the matchup but ide imagine that if warios know the matchup it should be easier. (duh but i mean easier as in in wario's favor)

Shift

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

By the way: its RED/white biker. The white assists the RED. And it's "Fresh Peppermint"

UHG! So annoyed by unnecessary ignorance! *shakes head in disapproval*

I also think that one of the green warios (maybe the biker one) should be known as the Olive wario. Since he is green and black. and I LOOOOOVE olives (especially green ones)
My mistake, my mistake. Let's consider this a typo! Biker is Peppermint! So Classic Green/Brown will be Olive Wario?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario beats Kirby, but it's not that easy. He has Lucario syndrome which is fun to exploit.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
My mistake, my mistake. Let's consider this a typo! Biker is Peppermint! So Classic Green/Brown will be Olive Wario?
Still not forgiven for that mistake!

But anyway, I personally dont have a preference to whom takes the name "green olive wario" it can be the biker or the classic overalls.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I'm having trouble learning the IC matchup, any advice towards it?
dont get grabbed no matter what. BF is a good stage so u can platform camp. only attack if you are SURE you arent going to get grabbed when nana is right near popo. MASH imidiatlly when you get grabbed.

1) you might buffer getting out
2) gives them less time to react therefor mess up
3) breaks their concentration
4) they tend to wait for nana to be RIGHT next to popo.
Loool. 2good.
I need to pole ride this guy more

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
wiping out the bike while turning is random
In my experience, you dismount off the bike when you smash the control stick to turn around. If you slightly tilt the stick to turn, you can keep turning like 4 or 5 times until it automatically wipes out. 5 is the maximum amount of times you can pull a U-ie however (in my experience).

And yeah I kinda have trouble with instant wipeouts too. What I do is bike, then smash back and downwards while hitting jump. Doesn't work 100% of the time though, am I doin it wrong?

Komodo Joe

Smash Rookie
The fastest way I can get 100% satisfaction, without a ledge, is to pull the bike, instantly turn around, then tilt it up. Still takes too long.

Top Bottom