• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Lentini

Smash Rookie
Sup guys. I'm a Dedede main, and as you may know he has some rough matchups (along with byes). I have a pretty decent Wario and it seems like Wario covers Dedede bad matchups pretty well (falco, olimar, IC, Meta, pika). Do you agree?
I know I might as well go meta as a secondary, but my playstyle is almost entirely read + punish and I really like how well D3 and Wario play that way.

long story short: Do you like D3 + Wario as a tournament duo? Do you see any (matchup) holes in this strategy?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Sup guys. I'm a Dedede main, and as you may know he has some rough matchups (along with byes). I have a pretty decent Wario and it seems like Wario covers Dedede bad matchups pretty well (falco, olimar, IC, Meta, pika). Do you agree?
I know I might as well go meta as a secondary, but my playstyle is almost entirely read + punish and I really like how well D3 and Wario play that way.

long story short: Do you like D3 + Wario as a tournament duo? Do you see any (matchup) holes in this strategy?
Seems like a good plan going d3 wario. but what about you running into D3s in tourney O.O

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
but on average it will save you time. :p
nah, instant wipeouts are well... almost instant, plus the bike ends up right next to you and you have very little ending lag (almost none). If you just jump off, the bike goes far away plus you jump really high in the air.

On the D3/Wario duo, yeah going against another D3 is gonna be tough. Definitely not impossible though, just don't get grabbed :p (yeah it's tough).

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about D3 dittos even. It's about 95-5 for whoever gets the first grab.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Actually wario and ddd both do kinda bad against mk.
But if you have experience with either wario or ddd against mk its doable.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
there was this one time I farted on a pit player. then we had to play in tournament afterwards. bunch of camping if you ask me

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
there was this one time I farted on a pit player. then we had to play in tournament afterwards. bunch of camping if you ask me
Thats why u just trash talk them for camping.

Then camp when he becomes agro and tell him to learn how to play.

Thought this was common knowledge.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
lol I haven't really played too many pit's but playing against my friend's Pit I actually find the matchup Wario vs Pit kinda fun, It's funny to poke at him at random angles that he thinks he's safe in, then fart in his face while he's still trying to arrow you in the air xD.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Actually wario and ddd both do kinda bad against mk.
But if you have experience with either wario or ddd against mk its doable.
uhhh
wario vs MK is WAY better than D3 vs MK at this point in the metagame

its 4:6 vs 2:8 lol
d3 gets wrecked

also get the **** outta here felix, these are my trolling grounds :mad:
go back to the pit boards

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
trolling grounds? :/

imo Wario vs MK is 35:65 if the MK does it right. thank the stars only a select few know how to play like this. unfortunately they are the top players lol >.>

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
trolling grounds? :/

imo Wario vs MK is 35:65 if the MK does it right. thank the stars only a select few know how to play like this. unfortunately they are the top players lol >.>
agreed.

also if you havent noticed alex, i pretty much gave up on these boards.... so i just troll the bad kids now

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I have a legitimate question:

What happened to Lord Chair? He's banned. There's a mystery in our boards!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Lord Chair got banned? Weird, he was posting this morning lol.

And alex you "gave up" on the boards? Weird, but maybe it's because I just got here that I like them lol.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ok check this out, I just found a pretty sweet edgeguarding technique. Let's say you are on the stage, and someone is trying to get back on. They fair against your shield, and you shield grab them. Rather than just throwing them back out over the abyss, try pummeling them over and over. When they break out (in this situation they fall back off the edge), drop down off the ledge really quick and fart.

This is a really good mixup, you get some good damage in + move refresh because of the pummels, plus it could catch them by surprise and lead to their death. Just be careful not to get stage spiked or something lol.

I dub this technique "Quick Zipping".

===

Oh and one more thing. I've been messing around with the first hit of jab into _____, and have found some kick *** things! Sure everyone knows about jab into grab and fsmash, but what about jab into dtilt, or jab into drop through platform double jump nair? Jab has a lot of potential I think, and mixups are just waiting to be found out there.

I dub this technique/mixup style "Iron Fist" Style.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Ok check this out, I just found a pretty sweet edgeguarding technique. Let's say you are on the stage, and someone is trying to get back on. They fair against your shield, and you shield grab them. Rather than just throwing them back out over the abyss, try pummeling them over and over. When they break out (in this situation they fall back off the edge), drop down off the ledge really quick and fart.

This is a really good mixup, you get some good damage in + move refresh because of the pummels, plus it could catch them by surprise and lead to their death. Just be careful not to get stage spiked or something lol.

Actually i like this. I can't really see them air dodgeing when you pummel break them off the ledge, they will probably just fall if not jump immediately. in which case fart can take out both those options.

Thanks for sharing.

Padô

Smash Lord

===

Oh and one more thing. I've been messing around with the first hit of jab into _____, and have found some kick *** things! Sure everyone knows about jab into grab and fsmash, but what about jab into dtilt, or jab into drop through platform double jump nair? Jab has a lot of potential I think, and mixups are just waiting to be found out there.

I dub this technique/mixup style "Iron Fist" Style.

The Quick Zipping thing is guaranteed on Squirtle and on someone I can't remember right now.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The Quick Zipping thing is guanranteed on Squirtçe and on someone I can't remember right now.
Yeah, this is gauranteed on Squirtle. Poor guy. :(

Just make sure you're air releasing him off the stage. For exact timing, see PhantomX vs. me. I don't recall which match he did it to my Squirtle, but I'm pretty sure it's the one on Smashville.

Padô

Smash Lord
I'm not pretty sure but once I beat MK out of tornado with the 2nd jab hit. Is this true or am I ********?

Also 1st Jab is awesome in a lot of situations... For exemple... I LOVE to 1st jab the opponents shield on it's back, it's awesome if he tries to jump away he gets FSmash'd or Uair'd if he stands just bite him (which is safer because if he spotdodges you might get punished while trying a grab) if he rolls try to dash grab him or just through.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
I think the Quick Zip means pummel releasing, which is different from air releasing. It's comparable to dthrow > fart at the edge, though on some characters it's more viable than on others (because of a slow or laggy bair for example, like G&W or Snake).

And yeah I got banned because of supposedly explicit content, it's quite the funny story. PM for the whole story, I don't suppose SWF moderation wants me to post it again ;)

~Chair

Shift

Smash Journeyman
whats a good secondary if your a wario man?
Depends on what you're looking for. Any character is good as a secondary~

If you're looking for floaty characters: Game & Watch, Luigi, Lucario, or w/e.

Heavy characters: Snake or D3 or something.

Choice

Smash Champion
when is it the hitbox ends for that wario bike flip trick thing? like does it have a hitbox the entire way up?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
also good secondaries for wario imo:

ICs: Covers D3, falco, also shiek and marth if you arent a fan of those MUs. Also can be used Vs MK and if they dont know about your pocket ICs you can get em on FD lol.
still leaves peach though. also takes some time to learn (but once you do its super easy to start ******)

Falco: Covers D3 and peach. Also the random low tiers that seem to do well vs wario. Also can be used vs MK.

Snake: a good secondary for anyone IMO. No real bad matchups, pretty good on every stage, etc.

MK: duh <_<

D3: Good vs marth, if you dont like that one. Also good vs peach and you can pull him out vs wario instead of soing the ditto.

i feel like im missing a few, but yeah... just tell us who (or what) you need the secondary for and i will try to help you out.

Top Bottom