• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Excellence

Smash Champion
I've never really had problem with Snake before but recently I've been playing a pretty outstanding player. He knows where to place his grenade and when to pivot grab to give me a hard time. How do you combat Snake?

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
If your having problems with pivot grab just dair where snake is going to be not where he is at.
kinda like space invaders.

Uair is still a good di option btw.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I've never really had problem with Snake before but recently I've been playing a pretty outstanding player. He knows where to place his grenade and when to pivot grab to give me a hard time. How do you combat Snake?
Whatever you're doing to get pivot grabbed don't do it.

If your having problems with pivot grab just dair where snake is going to be not where he is at.
kinda like space invaders.

Uair is still a good di option btw.
No it's not, it's actually really bad. Dair is your best options. Then fair then air dodging. Read the link I posted then try to arguee DI with me. It's not possible. SOrry guys but you're all wrong whoever disagrees with dair that is.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
i lived a snake ftilt fresh at 172 with Uair DI on brinstar.

get @ me.
I don't really give a **** what you've done the fact are the facts. You don't want to believe me or the information that has been presented you don't have to. I really don't give a **** what any of yall do anymore. Just don't ignore the facts.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
lmao i was just stating something i had done. not disputing your facts or trying to argue.

your the one who started the yelling and cursing.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
lmao i was just stating something i had done. not disputing your facts or trying to argue.

your the one who started the yelling and cursing.

It's like what's the point of your post? It doesn't contribute to DI. You're just randomly add a post for the sake of adding it? Really who gives a ****? It's not going to help anyone DI better nor is it helpful in anyway? You might as well have posted I went out drinking last night and ****ed a stripper. It was pointless irrelevant and not needed.

Excellence

Smash Champion
So I ladder on AiB and Anti's MK ***** my Wario. Yes, I know it is online but I was still playing the match-up wrong and lost because of match-up mistakes. Who actually knows how to beat Meta Knights? Not scrub Meta Knights. Good ones.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
So I ladder on AiB and Anti's MK ***** my Wario. Yes, I know it is online but I was still playing the match-up wrong and lost because of match-up mistakes. Who actually knows how to beat Meta Knights? Not scrub Meta Knights. Good ones.
It's anti. He's prob the best MK not named m2k. So take your lumps record the matches and learn from it.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
ok, thanks man. Heres my logic though. If wario sucks on wifi and i do well with him on wifi. Ill be amazing offline.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
This doesn't help. You basically said "He's better so you should be losing." I need to know how to play the match-up a bit better.
Sorry, if I don't have the blue print for you to be able to beat Anti's MK. You already acknowledge you approached the MU wrong. If you're not recording your matches and seeing what you're doing wrong to further understand the match then IDK. Since you want advice i'll ask you this so we can try and generate a discussion.

You said you approached the MU wrong what were you doing that you felt were wrong?

What can you do to approach the MU correctly ?

What did he do that "*****" your wario ?

What can you do to prevent this ?

Did you record your matches with Anti ?

Anti is a top MK with a lot of Wario EXP and he plays wario himself. It could simply be that he's out playing you no offense. Just understand that however, if it's not just anti's mk you struggle with but a lot of the MK's then it would just be the MU.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
ok, thanks man. Heres my logic though. If wario sucks on wifi and i do well with him on wifi. Ill be amazing offline.
Bad logic. I honestly thought the dame thing. I quite wifi a few weeks bak and my wario has improved greatly. Wifi developes some of the worst habits and it's so slow compared to live play. Wifi definitely doesn't translate well and if you rely on that for your main practice you won't get very far. Try finding someone to play even if they suck. Sucky players to play offline is way better practice than wifi warriors. This way your timing won't get messed up.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Bad logic. I honestly thought the dame thing. I quite wifi a few weeks bak and my wario has improved greatly. Wifi developes some of the worst habits and it's so slow compared to live play. Wifi definitely doesn't translate well and if you rely on that for your main practice you won't get very far. Try finding someone to play even if they suck. Sucky players to play offline is way better practice than wifi warriors. This way your timing won't get messed up.
Yeah, this is pretty much correct. I played wifi when the game first came out, but to this day i can not understand why anyone would willing play wifi.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I approached the match-up wrong in the respect that I was rarely able to put pressure on him. I feel like there are probably more opportunities to punish him than I am currently aware of and that's why I couldn't rack up damage like I wanted to. The simplest way to put it was that I played scared.

He won with two stocks firsrt then one stock but it was a clean victory and I don't feel like I could have done better. He just knows how to keep me away and get away before it gets too dangerous to be attacking. Lots of Tornado, NAir, and FAir swats. Biking through it wasn't an option and neither was sliding into shield. I didn't really know how to go about attacking and trying to punish wasn't enough because there were so little mistakes made.

No, I don't have problems with Meta Knights.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Excellence don't feel bad man. Anti is well anti. Best mk besides mew2king. I never play too aggressive vs mk. I play silmilar to the vids sky put up. Just wait for opportunities. The matchup is heavily in mks favor especially one as good as anti. Only thing about the bike that works on a good mk is tire tricks and even those suck on a great player.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
I am quite possiably the best wifi wario or at least top 5 of wifi warios :)
I is so pro :D
*plays offline*
................................FML

But yeah playing a matchup online is not good at ALL. It will make you think something will work when in reality it doesnt work at all. Its a lesson i learned the hard way. Though i didnt do bad my first tourney i sure didnt do as well as i thought i would have. I had habits that i now need to fix.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Wifi sucks, don't play it.. and well the MK matchup you always have to poke in safely... wait for an oppurtinity where you think you could poke into some space safely, then retreat without having too much pressure being put on you. Once you do this there should be some patterns you can start to notice... the thing about wario is that he needs the player to react a certain way to hit them, and with a player as smart as anti you can't really expect to CONTROL a player of his caliber... which is why I can imagine playing wario vs him being really hard... do your best mang.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i played wifi for a long *** time (still do) and I do well. its about playing wifi like you'd play offline not playing wifi like wifi. sure you dont do as well but its about the practice

lordhelmet

Smash Master
i played wifi for a long *** time (still do) and I do well. its about playing wifi like you'd play offline not playing wifi like wifi. sure you dont do as well but its about the practice
This.

Play Wi-Fi if you can't play offline regularly. Know what does and doesn't work offline and don't develop and Wi-Fi habits.

Always get a lot of friendlies in before IRL tournies to scrape off the Wi-Fi rust though. For Falcon I can warm myself up by working on grab release timing on Wario in training mode before going to any offline event.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Does wario's fart ever shield stab? I've scared people into sitting in their shield until it gets fairly low and then wafted them yet their shield still absorbs it, so i'm guessing no, but i would like to officially know.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It stabs, but it's better at flat out breaking.

The main problem is that because the hitbox is so big, it's hard sometimes to "clip" someone with the fart where the shield isn't also touching it. If you hit their body, but the hitbox is long enough to also reach the shield, the shield will take the hit. So if someone's head is poking out, you would have to hit them with just the very bottom of your waft.

Top Bottom