• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Nothing wrong with simple.

Which dair's beat out Wario's uair? I'm trying to incorporate uthrow into my game and I don't want to use it and have it not benefit me. I'm almost certain that Ike's and D3 dair will bet out his Uair but outside of that I'm not sure.

Also I was wondering if someone could upload a vid or two of my wario so I can get it critiqued.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
From my experience I've found that UAir can beat:
Falco, GnW, Diddy, Olimar, Pika, Kirby, TL (pretty difficult to space and you might end up trading hits), Fox, Sheik, Mario, Squirtle, Falcon, and Fat Link

Dairs that beat UAir are:
MK, D3, Marf, ROB, Lucario, ICs, Ike, and Lucas

This is in no way everyone, I only know some of them. And this is definitive. I could certainly be wrong on a few, but I've personally just never been able to space it right.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario's can beat ICs and Lucas, and starts up a lot faster than ROBs. For the first two you have to space to that little invisible area past his hands, though.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Everytime I try the uthrow to uair on ROB their nair always hits me first, and I'm caught wondering, "doesn't ROB's nair have a slow starting time?"

So can someone answer what I should wait for to nail the uair?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Either Nail him first with Uair, or when you think he is gonna Nair, back off and then hit him. Whenever I play against ROB though, I usually end up Fthrowing them anyways. IDK I never liked throwing people with Uthrow and hoping they mess up on the way down.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
From my experience I've found that UAir can beat:
Falco, GnW, Diddy, Olimar, Pika, Kirby, TL (pretty difficult to space and you might end up trading hits), Fox, Sheik, Mario, Squirtle, Falcon, and Fat Link

Dairs that beat UAir are:
MK, D3, Marf, ROB, Lucario, ICs, Ike, and Lucas

This is in no way everyone, I only know some of them. And this is definitive. I could certainly be wrong on a few, but I've personally just never been able to space it right.
Thanks for the list so pretty much disjointed hit boxes.

Uthrow isn't good until high percents for a read/kill. It has too much end lag to actually follow up quickly with anything.
So high percentages would be like 50 or 60?

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Alrught then... I need somebody to give me some tips on what else can work for this team in general, myself and this Wario. Mainly think of what combos or just anything that sparks your mind for this team. What Wario or King Dedede can do together except my down throw to his forward smash/forward tilt/downB, and except the "true" team tactics. Anything at all, please.

Sorry for the cameraman in rounds 2 & 3, he failed a little bit, but the video position will get better.

Round 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMDrT...eature=related
Round 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RExrkE5iN50
Round 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrZLv...eature=related

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Nah, D3s dthrow is guaranteed waft. It's better in this team to have Wario with the better port b/c then bite can lead to D3 fsmashes w/o fear. Wario D3throw > D3 aerials/some smashes. D3 dthrow > wario dthrow > rinse and repeat til you're out of stage. Dthrow to wariocide is also legit.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Okay I appreicate all of those with the courage to help me out, thanks and consider what was said. And I already saw that Mocko Combo...but I just realized that we can do it on somebody alone who's at high percents so one of us can get the kill, thanks.
D3 has a large grab range so make him slot 3/4 so he can grab people for you to fart on
I already stated about King Dedede's grab range to Wario's fart but thank you for your input. Anything else? Anything bad that we did in our videos?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Okay I appreicate all of those with the courage to help me out, thanks and consider what was said. And I already saw that Mocko Combo...but I just realized that we can do it on somebody alone who's at high percents so one of us can get the kill, thanks.

I already stated about King Dedede's grab range to Wario's fart but thank you for your input. Anything else? Anything bad that we did in our videos?
oh sorry, i mustve been distracted by your pretty font to finish reading your post entirely <_<;

Ill try to remember more today while im in class lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

More than you, he has a couple things he can work on. He should stop letting his fart charge to full waft and should use upair more for damage after dthrows so that fsmash can be fresh and kill sooner. In a team that has Lucario, you pretty much want to ignore Lucario and double team his opponent the whole time b/c it messes up his aura big time. He also needs to help out a bit more when you're getting double team *****, even if he is supposed to be tanking.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Usually Air.

I say usually because sometimes you need to Dash Attack Falco and that requires you being on the ground.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You guys don't understand how good Dash Attack is. I'll show you guys.

Go ask Sethlon how good Wario's dash attack is against Falco. I played him, I showed him why it is amazing.

Wario's dash attack is sooooo good. The things you can do with it are good (not even trolling here).

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
Shocking new development!
maybe

Of course you silly fat little men know you can eat Snake's grenades for a funny animation and maybe a hitbox (?)(at the cost of some damage? not sure really).

Well, if you actually let a grenade hit you when he throws it, but eat it before it bounces too high you still get the explodey I-ate-a-grenade animation but there's ANOTHER explosion where the grenade would've landed when it would normally have exploded. I haven't done much testing so I'm not sure of things like if Kirby and D3 can do it too or whether or not you can pick up the "grenade" or anything like that, but it blew my mind when it happened. I also didn't think to check and see if you still take the damage from eating it, we only played around with it for a few minutes before moving on.

It's situational but you should still watch for it because if you manage to pull it off right, when the Snake tries to punish your downtime he'll eat the grenade, then you can ask him if he likes the taste as much as you did.

If this was already known, +1 postcount sorry.

Also, no video footage as I'm incapable, if someone else wants to do it then feel free.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
That is really weird. So you're saying that if a grenade is thrown at you and hits then you swallow it before it reaches the ground then it will not just explode in his gut, but on the ground too?

I've been trying to use it in match so I can show you guys the usefulness, but z-drop -> pivot bite is pretty sweet. I have a few replays where I peg a TL and I tried do it to the best snake in New England, but he shielded it. It pushed him off the platform so I luckily didn't get punished for it.

I've never noticed any type of extra explosion doing that method though.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You guys don't understand how good Dash Attack is. I'll show you guys.

Go ask Sethlon how good Wario's dash attack is against Falco. I played him, I showed him why it is amazing.

Wario's dash attack is sooooo good. The things you can do with it are good (not even trolling here).
Actually I find as an approach up-tilt works better than dash-attack against Falco
i like to take D3 and falco to FD

utilt works REALLY well there
What's the point of answering if you're just going to troll?

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
That is really weird. So you're saying that if a grenade is thrown at you and hits then you swallow it before it reaches the ground then it will not just explode in his gut, but on the ground too?
Not just before it hits the ground, you have to eat it in the frames just after the grenade makes contact with your body, before it bounces too high. If you jump and eat it I'm pretty sure nothing would happen but the I-ate-a-grenade animation, but like I said I haven't done extensive testing so I'm not sure.

The action just treats it as if the grenade were still existant and it still makes the sound grenades make when they land on the ground right after if you're listening hard enough, but that it's invisible which begs the question whether or not you can still pick it up. It wouldn't be useful since it explodes shortly thereafter anyway, but it'd be nice to know if anyone feels like testing it at all.

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
Input a roll (Shield+left or right) while holding an item and within three (?) frames of initiating the roll point the c-stick in the direction you want to throw the item. If done correctly and with the correct characters (not sure if Wario's is very good, but GW/Zelda/Lucario/DKs are prime examples of good ones) then your character will slide a distance while throwing the item whichever direction you pointed the c-stick.

Top Bottom