• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bassem I am the undisputed Wario Doubles God. Even Fiction said I was better at doubles than him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Bassem is very good and understands this character very well. He just needs more matchup exposure and better counterpicking, and to notice some of his bad habits without having them pointed out by a third party, haha.

Hunger, Bassem, Fox16 (apparently, b/c I never heard of him either), Omniswell, slikvik, malcom, quik and myself are all quite good and successful (DMG hasn't played much lately and much of it hasn't been singles, only reason I'm not mentioning him). A lot of these people have their own playstyles that work for them. It doesn't really matter who's the best, just strive to improve your own game and pick what each of those people does best and piece together a playstyle that's effective and works for you.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah I've not used him that much in Singles/not been to much recently for Singles.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
question about a technique that im not really sure if its known:

if your bike is laying down on the stage you walk over to it. Next you claw the controller (put your fingers on x and b) and then you press to either the left or the right, x, and b at the same time. If done right you super jump with the bike and its pretty safe. Anyone know of this?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, it's pretty old. Mostly useful against Snake since he likes to recover high. You don't need to press x at the same time, just immediately after doing the side b input.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I can do it easily without clawing my hand. I can also do most of the variants done from it (yes there are different super Bike Jumps and different things you can do with them).

The fanciest one I can do is where the Bike bounces off the floor, I do a SH Side B reverse, and then pivot that quickly again.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I showed Omni over Wifi how to do it successfully back to back. I also showed him the delayed Dash Grab which I think every Wario should learn.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok so like basically pretty much every character can do this, the frame window they have to do it depends on their dash and its properties. With Wario, you can Dash, and right when it looks like he is done moving forward, you press grab and he lunges out and does his dash grab. So you can dash one direction, return to neutral, wait a bit, and right at the end press grab and he lunges out. Not only this, but if you do it right, Wario lunges out at people at a slower speed than a "normal" dash grab. This means you can do pretty cool mindgames with his dash grab and you can punish spotdodges a lot better if you know it is coming and still wanna grab them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You can SH Bike Jump, Full Jump Bike Jump, SH Delayed Bike Jump, Full Jump Delayed Bike Jump, Pivoted Bike Jump (SH or Full Hop), B reverse Bike Jump (SH or Full Hop), B reversed Pivoted Bike Jump (SH or Full Hop), Delayed B reversed Pivoted Bike Jump (SH or Full Hop), etc.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
uhhh thats all greek to me

all i know is that the extra height you get from the bike jump glitch (which is about the size of warios leg) is not worth the time it takes to set up lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude, you can literally run and do it. Like you see the Bike on the ground, you run at it, and Bike Jump. That's a lot faster and safer than standing still, Riding it left or right on the ground, or picking it up/Eating it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh.

Well if that is the case, yeah don't do it.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
no i was using it in case your bike is on the stage and you want a safe way to get it off. If its in the middle, riding it off isn't always best and breaking it takes time. The leap you get with the bike jump helps you get the bike off in one clean jump on just about every stage.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
no i was using it in case your bike is on the stage and you want a safe way to get it off. If its in the middle, riding it off isn't always best and breaking it takes time. The leap you get with the bike jump helps you get the bike off in one clean jump on just about every stage.
thats pretty much the only use for it that i see...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I tried incorporating it for a while but it's honestly not worth the trouble and the margin for error is really large. You have to hit with the ending frames of nair and you have to soft footstool jump AND we don't have a move that cancels our upward momentum (like peach float or others with footstool combos), not to mention since Wario's nair has miniscule range, most characters CAN get away from it with good DI. To top it off, the second dair > footstool is much harder to get b/c they'll be expecting it. Dair is also SDIable, making a footstool very hard and unlikely after you've done it once.

Factor this in with the fact that you could do a much easier dair > upair for just 4% less and it isn't worth the trouble at all.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Trust me guys, FOX16 is good. I actually roomed with him for Genesis (Didn't know that until later on). I would know whether he is good or not.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Question: How do you kill Toon Link? I have to deal with Hyro, and we've had to play each other for the past 5 or 6 tournies. It has usually ends up last stock, high % for the winner, but as of late, I can't seem to get that last kill. Is it nerves on my part? Do any of you have any specific setups you like to use? I need help!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you were FOX16, you would bait a crossup attack on your shield and then fart him out of shield. Or ftilt through a landing arrow to get him offstage (fthrow works too) and then edgeguard him using ledgedrop nairs while invincible or even really far fair poke chases.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Usually, I would use fair pokes, but now he knows how to get around it. He always grabs a bomb, throws it up, then upB's to the ledge. How do you get around that bomb?

I did use an invincible nair once on him at the most recent tourney, and it worked! I guess I should be using that a lot more... I've always been a little scared of doing that to avoid getting gimped.

Thank you PX. Or should I thank the mighty FOX16? ;)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Why don't you just post your list, hunger, you seem more than eager to just claim everyone else's to be incorrect than to provide any info of your own :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hunger's list is actually pretty decent. He told me over Aim.

Top Bottom