• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can drop through a platform directly OOS by tilting the control stick down at a certain speed (if you spotdodge it's too fast, if you tilt your shield it's too slow). If you're next to someone on a platform, dropping through OOS and biting grabs the opponent. It's only 3 frames slower than grabbing, and much faster than dropping your shield, pivoting, and then grabbing or dropping your shield and reverse-biting if your opponent is behind you. I didn't want to go into it until I actually had it down, it's hard to do because it's really easy to do a fart instead of a bite because you're already holding down and in general it's hard to platform drop OOS imo
Yeah, it is XD SuSa made a thread about it. I haven't tried this b/c frankly, I'm pretty slow fingered so I'd be wasting wafts left and right (I STILL get bikes from time to time when trying to pivot bites).

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Is there any way Fox can do guaranteed air release on Wario without being in the edge? I've found no way.
But MK CAN air release Wario if he pivot grabs a Wario in the air.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK can air release Wario if he pivot grabs Wario out of the air before he lands, after his Double Jump has been used.

I know, makes no fu***** sense at all.

ALSO!!!!

I will explain why Dash attack is so good later on today. I told Omni why I thought it was so good, maybe he can come in here sometime and help me explain why I think the move is good.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I'd advise you to take care of your sexual desires before you brawl.

OMG it worked! I made sure to pleasure myself before using Wario... and for the first time, I WON WITH HIM!! :bee: I mean of course I was still super horny the entire time and was still really distracted, just not as much and I think it really helped me make a difference with my playing ability and securing the victory!

See look!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va41qKHfB0U

Sorry for quality:

So you think mai Wario has potential or do you think I should stay in the kitchen (with Kirby) ;)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
you need to abuse warios incredible aerial mobiity more and use less fair and bair and more dair
And n-air. I have horrible Kirby habits and play him like one almost. Did you see me try u-tilt? Those would of worked if he was a Kirby lol!

Prawn

Smash Master
can anyone link me to videos of DMG actually timing out his opponent? My friend is picking up Wario and is really interested in that element of the metagame.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
can anyone link me to videos of DMG actually timing out his opponent? My friend is picking up Wario and is really interested in that element of the metagame.
Go to the video thread there's only a couple of vids of DMG there but they take a while also I don't think he timed them out just took the timer down to like a minute or so.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Why does everyone think warios metagame revolves around aircamping and timing opponents out?

Wario is all about abusing his incredible air speed to weave around attacks and punish hard

if you're trying to aircamp and time an opponent out, MK is the best for that.

Prawn

Smash Master
Why does everyone think warios metagame revolves around aircamping and timing opponents out?

Wario is all about abusing his incredible air speed to weave around attacks and punish hard

if you're trying to aircamp and time an opponent out, MK is the best for that.
Did I say the wario metagame revolves around this?

No, I said I wanted videos of DMG and that my friend is interested in that aspect of the metagame. Lrn2read plz.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Do you do it for ****s and giggles or is that just your preferred playstyle?

You gonna go to winterfest, Masky? Lot of good TX players going there, I hear, and many of them have plenty of Wario experience so I'm interested in how you'd fare.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's between either Me, PX, Bassem, Slikvik, Omni, etc.

If we're talking about Doubles, I think I clearly win (even ahead of Fiction in his prime) and PX comes in second/Maybe Dphat if he gets serious about it and actually mains/seconds Wario. For singles, that's a tough cookie.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
LOL DMG tx doesn't have the best warios we just got the gayest warios dude. TBH I think everyone listed has a better wario then me. I just play ridiculously gay in teams. From what I can tell (from tournament results and experience) that the top 4 in no order is either PX Basssem Hunger and Omni.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
FOX16 is probably the best Socal Wario now (unless Tyrant or DSF get serious and really use him)

Top Bottom