• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Gichan

Smash Champion
oh maaaan, just played a lucas to, I was surprised though I'd have a lot of an easier time with him but in fact I had to try. But then again it was my first time playing a lucas and i did not PS any PK Fires, just kpet getting hit by it. I also did not even try once to grab release to Fsmash, although I did with Bowser in another match and I kept air releasing him, wtf?

Fair was also unexpecting, has a lot more range than I thought.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Hi there, I'm a Dedede mainer who's looking for a second, and I'm thinking about Wario: Would it be a good choice ?And could you give me advices about the Wario gameplay ?

Thank you

Padô

Smash Lord
Having Wario on your team is ALWAYS a good choice.

Guys, I worked a lot on the Wolf/Falco CG yesterday and I wanna ask you something about the timing.

Do you prefer looking at Wario's animation or looking on Falcos range for the grab?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
i do it by muscle memory

i just read fictions post about how to tell if you're buffering the turn and grab too early/late and adjusted until i got it once, then i tried to remember that timing until i got it perfect every time

Padô

Smash Lord
Ok.

I got the timing.

But with falco I can CG it only til 84% than he's out of the grabs range. I CG him from 53% to 84% than no more.

Sorry about double post.

PX please delete my previous post.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Ok.

I got the timing.

But with falco I can CG it only til 84% than he's out of the grabs range. I CG him from 53% to 84% than no more.

Sorry about double post.

PX please delete my previous post.
are you doing it in training mode?

if so then you can't go all the way to 120% since moves don't decay in training mode

Lyov Myshkin

Smash Rookie
I have never been to a tournament. Is just air camping until the time runs out a common strategy? Is it super lame to do that? I mean I know some people do whatever it takes to win, but planking is lame, IC chain grabbing is lame, D3 chaingrabbing is lame, Kirbycide is lame. . .
Where does air camping and winning by time fall? Will people hate me for doing this?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
People will love you for doing so. Honestly though, not many Wario's are even good at it.

Excellence

Smash Champion
This is not an insult so no one get confrontational.

Where is all the Wario representation at tournaments? Is it that you guys aren't showing up or he just doesn't appear to often?

On an unrealted now, should my partner and I use Wario and Mr. Game & Watch or Wario and Snake for teams? Please don't say Meta Knight and Meta Knight. -.-

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wario/GW > Wario/Snake. Wario/MK is better than both of those, however.

Wario rep is low b/c he's a much harder character to play with great success than the likes of MK, for example, so people go with the less effort options.

Also, a lot of the good ones tend to be busy. I don't like to go to tournaments more than twice a month, DMG is grounded or can't get rides a lot, Bassem has school, etc.

Bobby, aircamping isn't hard :\ It's a lot easier than playing Wario's bait and punish/approach game... it just... doesn't accomplish much.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Okay guys srsly... this noob Kirby PM'd me for help, so I said I would fight and critique him and help him out on wifi...

I 3 stock him and edge guard him twice as Jigglypuff.... I go Wario........ AND LOSE!! WHAT THE ****?! Jiggz:Kirby is 60:40 in Kirby's advantage- isn't it in Wario's advantage against Kirby?

THIS KIRBY DIDN'T EVEN USE B-AIR!

HOW

THE

DO

I

LOSE

WITH

WARIO

WHEN

KIRBY

DOESNT

USE

B-AIR?!

Look at this Kirby!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKxtyqbJ8BE

:urg:

i mean, granted, I got him on his last stock and I had the % lead but he f-smashed me offstage, I went to recover, and Wario made me horny again so I didn't make it back :(

I think my estrogen is destroying my ability to play Wario.

So... my question..

do you think it would be worth me getting a sex change so I can actually play Wario decently?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Okay guys srsly... this noob Kirby PM'd me for help, so I said I would fight and critique him and help him out on wifi...

I 3 stock him and edge guard him twice as Jigglypuff.... I go Wario........ AND LOSE!! WHAT THE ****?! Jiggz:Kirby is 60:40 in Kirby's advantage- isn't it in Wario's advantage against Kirby?

THIS KIRBY DIDN'T EVEN USE B-AIR!

HOW

THE

DO

I

LOSE

WITH

WARIO

WHEN

KIRBY

DOESNT

USE

B-AIR?!

Look at this Kirby!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKxtyqbJ8BE

:urg:

i mean, granted, I got him on his last stock and I had the % lead but he f-smashed me offstage, I went to recover, and Wario made me horny again so I didn't make it back :(

I think my estrogen is destroying my ability to play Wario.

So... my question..

do you think it would be worth me getting a sex change so I can actually play Wario decently?
I would make a joke but in fear of me getting banned I'll leave it alone. Anyways Kirby will get you if you get hit by his fsmash or if he does those grab combos on you. Also recovering with Wario will go a long way.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Where is all the Wario representation at tournaments? Is it that you guys aren't showing up or he just doesn't appear to often?

Down there in France the actual Paris' champion is Glutonny, a 14 year old wario, beating Kaos' MK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuxmXP3YGRY

GFs of Bushi Nibai Impact's 2nd day (Kaos won the 1st day, which was the biggest part of the tourney)
I don't know, what do you think of that wario ?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Europe plays so weird.

No Ftilt from MK? Barely any Uair or Dsmash? Those are all good against Wario, I didn't see that used much.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I quite like gluttony's style. He plays aggro and uses dacus nicely, similar to me :D

I'd like to see more vids of him. He has definitely got a great wario.

Edit:If you find any more tekk, please post them!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
His use of Dacus was strange. The other guys SDI wasn't impressive though, I expected more SDI'd Usmashes leading to free Dairs/Dsmashes for MK, but alas people eat the DACUS hard most of the time.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Yeah, if you land it on them, its usually unexpected so they dont have enough time to react and SDI it. Did you see the mindgamed fart after the mk airdodged on that rc match though? And the fair kill on one of the YI matches? Thats like the essence of wario. I love it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Eh... DMG is right. DACUS and Upsmash just aren't good outside of a random kill/damage here or there. People can (and if they are good/want to win, WILL) SDI the upsmash even at 0% and, depending on the character, can punish after it. They can also interrupt it with projectiles or jabs/quick tilts as it approaches. Seeing as it's Wario's only grounded approach from a distance, it's not that hard to expect either. It's a temporarily good tool until people wisen up, when it's going to start being bad (think GW's bair).

Also, I'd seen vids of Gluttony and I wasn't personally impressed, but he's been winning over there, so whatever :p

Tekk

Smash Lord
@Bassem: Well Glutonny and Kaos played the GFs of bushido impact 9 in 11/18/09, they will be uploaded soon.

Padô

Smash Lord
Guys,

I was playing a MM yesterday and lost to a Falco which the only thing he did was to pick BF, stay under the lower platforms spamming then, when I got near him, he rolled or SideB'd to the other side.
He racked up a lot of damage and killed me when i tried to KO him.

I CG'ed 2 stocks to 100% but still lost any tips to get around with that?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Punish his rolls and Side B? If he's doing that every time, it's not too hard to bait it and then punish it massively. Besides, if you REALLY want to drive players like that mad, just get the first kill and then never approach them again.

Padô

Smash Lord
I did not approach on Brinstar because I took the first stock lead.
But BF he took the lead so I had to approach him below the platforms...

So, what do you use to punish rolls? Nair, Bair, bait a roll and waft?

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm new to playing wario, came from ICs. Are there any true combos for wario? If so can you list them or link a video.

Padô

Smash Lord
No about Wolf/Falco/Bowser they can roll before you do anything.
Don't know about DK.

I know this question is a flame/flood starter but... do you guys think Wario should drop some positions on the new tier list?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Is it possible to buffer a boosted pivot grab after a dthrow for a CG ?
No but you can sometimes catch people with a fthrow>DACUS but not at that %

just uthrow, bait the airdodge, then waft/clap

Don't know about DK.

I know this question is a flame/flood starter but... do you guys think Wario should drop some positions on the new tier list?
yes

IMO he should be below MK, Snake, Marth, Diddy, and Falco

so like 6th

Thats also what i think the top 6 are in order IMO

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Don't know about DK.

I didn't mean on the characters you can already CG but on the other characters. Have you guys tried this before ?

I think Wario is legit 3rd. He's a pretty ridiculous character. Bite is too good.

XvCvX

Smash Rookie
I would say Wario is 4th 5th. He's bite rocks everyone. I would say if you combine doubles tier list with singles tier list he would be 2nd.

Top Bottom