• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wait, so do we buffer a turn around boost grab D3, a turn around boost pivot grab, or a boost pivot grab in the same direction we're facing after the dthrow?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Wait, so do we buffer a turn around boost grab D3, a turn around boost pivot grab, or a boost pivot grab in the same direction we're facing after the dthrow?
You buffer a turn boost grab for d3. At least thats what I think.

@ CJ if you have to buffer a pivot boost grab doesn't that mean you would have to dash away then do ctick down grab pivot or however it's done...i'm confused even more now.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
The info I posted was taken directly from penguinpimp's D3 guide.

I have a replay of me trying the D3 CG a **** ton. I got it to work once or twice. I put the replay on mediafire and asked one of those guys on the video forum to do it for me. He said he would, but it was two days ago so I don't know.

Here is the replay if you guys are that curious:
http://www.mediafire.com/?akwzzb2mozg

EDIT: @Slepton You buffer a turnaround and perform a boosted grab from standing TOWARDS him. In theory it works, but I have a lot of trouble do it. The only reason pivot anything was mentioned was so that I mention that you can kind of turn d-throw into a spot dodge chase.

Everything I just said pertains to D3, don't confuse it for the falco cg.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The info I posted was taken directly from penguinpimp's D3 guide.

I have a replay of me trying the D3 CG a **** ton. I got it to work once or twice. I put the replay on mediafire and asked one of those guys on the video forum to do it for me. He said he would, but it was two days ago so I don't know.

Here is the replay if you guys are that curious:
http://www.mediafire.com/?akwzzb2mozg

EDIT: @Slepton You buffer a turnaround and perform a boosted grab from standing TOWARDS him. In theory it works, but I have a lot of trouble do it. The only reason pivot anything was mentioned was so that I mention that you can kind of turn d-throw into a spot dodge chase.

Everything I just said pertains to D3, don't confuse it for the falco cg.
I looked at that guide couldn't find it got a headache from that massive wall of text.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Go here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245025

And hit cntl+f and copy & paste this into the find field:
Characters that can chain grab King Dedede

EDIT: I've been looking at some other boards of characters who I have trouble with. It's really helpful. I feel like I'm going to do a ton better at the next tournament I go to. I need a placing.
Ah I see that's from buumans thread though. still a lot of **** to be trying to look through.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
If you mean my replay then yes it is stupid. I planned on editing down to the one or two times it worked correctly. You can tell when it was done right by the way that D3 almost looks like he warped into Wario's hands. It looks just like the Falco CG. It's pretty distinct.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I think it is. It's really hard to tell when you're facing a computer. I rubber banded up the shield button on a controller and tried doing that and maybe every 20th try it looks like the shield doesn't come out.

If the shield does come out does that automatically mean it's escapable? I'm not too versed in this kind of stuff.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
So it IS legitimate then? You buffer a turn around and then a boost grab... man, talk about a nightmare to do XD
It's not that bad when I was practicing it I would just tap back twice then down on the cstick then grab and it would re grab him. Didn't you want some wario tech cause he was too simple.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Question
_________

Is Wario in the High tier because of his small heavy body and fast attacks?

What keeps him above Falco?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Mobility, survivability, killing potential and recovery are what wario have that I find to be better than falco.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's not that bad when I was practicing it I would just tap back twice then down on the cstick then grab and it would re grab him. Didn't you want some wario tech cause he was too simple.
Me? Not me, haha. I love that he's simple, it lets me keep doing well without having to worry too much about practicing technical stuff. ICs players have to practice their CG timings and stuff often, I'd hate to have to do that.

Padô

Smash Lord
Me? Not me, haha. I love that he's simple, it lets me keep doing well without having to worry too much about practicing technical stuff. ICs players have to practice their CG timings and stuff often, I'd hate to have to do that.

I'm pretty sure that this pratice is going to worth it when you see a DDD running from your grabs HAHA

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Yeah I know I tried to learn IC for all of a week. It was too much LoL.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I can sort of do the CG now. Everyone should learn this. I feel like it can be applied to more characters or even to make the CG on space furries last longer.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I'm not completely sure, but it seems to be at around 40 or 50. Does anyone know those codes to make the computer perform fastest option and DI perfectly? I've seen other boards use them for testing. I hacked out my Wii and I'm going to borrow a friend's Dazzle and hopefully I can make something soon.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We might be able to do this to Snake. I'm looking into it.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What's the percentage at which we can start the CG and I assume the ability to do it is affected by staleness?
It's weird you would think that would be the case but it seems as though d3 falls in the same spot. I've been able to start the CG at Zero and get it while d3 was in the 100s. This was doing in training mode too. I've also done it the game. But it's was like 3 or 4 reps at max I don't really have the hang of it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You might not be able to get more reps because it has to stale. If you try to do the Falco CG in training mode it won't work very well.

Plus we need to know if we can start this CG off a stale throw as well, or if it's only viable off a fresh dthrow. The distance sent after dthrow changes with staleness, he keeps "landing in the same spot" because moves don't decay in training mode. Haha, sometimes I wish I had a Wii. We should check out this buffer CG on all the fatty/heavies.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You might not be able to get more reps because it has to stale. If you try to do the Falco CG in training mode it won't work very well.

Plus we need to know if we can start this CG off a stale throw as well, or if it's only viable off a fresh dthrow. The distance sent after dthrow changes with staleness, he keeps "landing in the same spot" because moves don't decay in training mode. Haha, sometimes I wish I had a Wii. We should check out this buffer CG on all the fatty/heavies.
That's what it seemed like at least that everytime d3 landed he landed just outside of Wario's grab range. Also I'm pretty sure you can CG while it's stale I'll test it more later haven't tried it really too much. But I need to get a better handle on it ya know ?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well as the damage goes up, the further away the character lands/the longer they are airborne. This effect is noticeable in groups of 50% (for every 50% you do to the character, you will noticeably tell that they are going further than before). Stale moves prevents this effect from happening as fast, meaning you can CG characters for longer than normal if the grab is stale. This applies to Falco's CG quite noticeably as well.

If you get a stale grab on a lot of characters, you can CG them past 30%. If you land a fresh grab on some of those same characters at 30%, a lot of them won't be CGable.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Well as the damage goes up, the further away the character lands/the longer they are airborne. This effect is noticeable in groups of 50% (for every 50% you do to the character, you will noticeably tell that they are going further than before). Stale moves prevents this effect from happening as fast, meaning you can CG characters for longer than normal if the grab is stale. This applies to Falco's CG quite noticeably as well.

If you get a stale grab on a lot of characters, you can CG them past 30%. If you land a fresh grab on some of those same characters at 30%, a lot of them won't be CGable.
How stale would the dthrow have to be in order for you to be able CG these characters that you're talking about ?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It depends. Staling really is only necessary to CG for extended periods of time/to start at a specific interval that is past the point where you could "normally" start to CG them. So for most characters, it's probably not necessary to have the Dthrow staled before you reach a certain point so you can CG.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It depends. Staling really is only necessary to CG for extended periods of time/to start at a specific interval that is past the point where you could "normally" start to CG them. So for most characters, it's probably not necessary to have the Dthrow staled before you reach a certain point so you can CG.
That doesn't make sense. I thought wario was only able to CG a select few characters with his dthrow.

Asa

Smash Hero
does mk have a guaranteed nair out of a grab release? I saw it in a couple videos

Top Bottom