• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
who is this "almostlegendary" kid

he can't be almost legendary if he doesn't even know that masky is right

ZOUP ZOUP

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Airdodge into Spotdodge.

He will only have a 3-4 frame window to grab you out of it. If he grabs too early, spotdodge activates. If he does it too soon, well in that instance spotdodging would be bad cause you could just attack him regularly.

Hit then run away.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not his pivot grab though. You can still hit his head when he's pivot grabbing w/ dairs though, or go around him and pivot bite.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
no i've posted it a bazillion times but ddd's grab is faster AND it has more range. it can't beat it directly but you can probably bite DDD while being above his grabbox if you come from above and you're super close and they just sit there
That's what I meant being above the grab box and bite. But I didn't really say that didn't know how to explain it but PX said it doesn't beat pivot grab so I'm still wrong =/.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Pivot grabs also have a larger vertical hitbox. I'm not the only person you should believe, AL, quite a few people on these boards know what they're talking about.

brannerboy

Smash Rookie
Is fair the best for momentum canceling? I know that nair is one frame faster, but it seems like most people use fair instead. Reason for this?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fair ends sooner than Nair. It's not about how fast the aerial comes out, but rather how soon it ends.

Whenever you reach the point where you can use an aerial, the first frame that comes by you can fast fall. This means that regardless of how fast your attack is, the first frame you can fastfall.

Look at Fair. It takes 7 frames to hit. Before that however, on frame 1 of Fair, you can fastfall. Since you are able to start up attacks at the same window (faster attacks do not start before slower attacks, it's like hitting a brick wall and then trying to attack. Everyone hits it the same time), there's no point in picking a faster startup aerial because they are all equal in that area. How soon it ends will allow you to move freely before other aerials. This allows you to Bike/try to slow down.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Hey I was watching fiction vs sean or whatever his name is some MK. Fiction get doing ledge drop DJ Dairs against him. How effective is that against MK's recovery options?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not very effective honestly. That's not the best of ideas for trying to stop MK. They have enough recovery options 95% of the time to either delay their recovery enough to hit you before/after Dair, or to possibly gimp you.

If you DJ Dair hovering offstage/around the edge trying to hit them, and they grab it and you aren't able to maneuver back onstage in that DJ, then you are screwed HARD.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
goes through everything if you do it right. but mk has like 900 jumps and can just bait it then recover safely
So if it timed right it's super effective?

Not very effective honestly. That's not the best of ideas for trying to stop MK. They have enough recovery options 95% of the time to either delay their recovery enough to hit you before/after Dair, or to possibly gimp you.

If you DJ Dair hovering offstage/around the edge trying to hit them, and they grab it and you aren't able to maneuver back onstage in that DJ, then you are screwed HARD.
Well if you've faired them out of a glide then it becomes more effective right ? But I definitely see the risk involved that you've pointed out. But I just feel awkward not doing anything while MK recovers safely ya know?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I wait onstage and try to punish them there. Like if they try to ledge hop airdodge. I run up and shield grab it and throw them back out.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Just try to hit the MK if they're at stage level with a bair/dair or a waft if they aren't too far below the ledge. Aside from that, let them do as they please. If they start being annoying/planky, start throwing bikes.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
guyz im actually doing offline tommorow with someone, I haven't forgotten about Wario. I was wondering if I should use him, but if I SD and my friend finds out I was distracted because I was getting turned on by Wario and not him you think he might get offended? Maybe I shouldn't use him after all. Plz help!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I wait onstage and try to punish them there. Like if they try to ledge hop airdodge. I run up and shield grab it and throw them back out.
I'll try that also.

Just try to hit the MK if they're at stage level with a bair/dair or a waft if they aren't too far below the ledge. Aside from that, let them do as they please. If they start being annoying/planky, start throwing bikes.
LoL @ throw bikes.

guyz im actually doing offline tommorow with someone, I haven't forgotten about Wario. I was wondering if I should use him, but if I SD and my friend finds out I was distracted because I was getting turned on by Wario and not him you think he might get offended? Maybe I shouldn't use him after all. Plz help!
If he was smart he'd pick Wario just to get you turned on.

Top Bottom