• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What the **** am I supposed to do in the Meta Knight match-up? I can't ****ing approach and everything gets punished, *****, then spit on. Someone tell me how to win it.
Well I am going to ask what the MK is doing that is so hard for you to approach. Then after you recognize the MK is doing that gives you trouble you should then look at what you're doing. Then you have try to change it up so that you can approach the MK. Also whatever you're doing to get punished you should try to limit those moves. MK can through out a plethora of moves in succession and make it seems as though he's unpunishable however, it's up to you be able to punish for these things. I don't know if this is going to be helpful but that's what I try to do in the MK MU. Oh yeah it's also helps to be extremely patient.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Well I am going to ask what the MK is doing that is so hard for you to approach. Then after you recognize the MK is doing that gives you trouble you should then look at what you're doing. Then you have try to change it up so that you can approach the MK. Also whatever you're doing to get punished you should try to limit those moves. MK can through out a plethora of moves in succession and make it seems as though he's unpunishable however, it's up to you be able to punish for these things. I don't know if this is going to be helpful but that's what I try to do in the MK MU. Oh yeah it's also helps to be extremely patient.
First match ended up being on Battlefield: I striked out Final Destination, he did Smashville and PS1, then I striked out Yoshi's so we went to battlefield.

As soon as the match started he went under a platform and started spamming F-Air. I figured I'd just Bike through that, Air Dodge behind it, run up and shield, possibly Dacus as it finishes but none of that crap worked. Biking through it got me hit with with Up Air -> Up Air -> D-Air and reset the situation. Air Dodging behind it didn't last long enough so I got hit with that. I tried running up and shield (I was so close I saw the red sparks) but he caught on to that after I used it twice and started to fast fall and tilt my shield to stay safe. Dacus was an epic fail because of Power SHield -> N-Air -> Tornado. I tried to F-Smash through it and that got me grabbed, grab released over the ledge and Shuttle Looped. Died from that at 166% so yay me. I got off a total of like 70 damage during my attempts to kill him.

Second match, I took him to Halberd so I could keep the match moving and hopefully keep him from doing the same crap as last time. I didn't do too much better either.

I just don't know how to go about approaching characters with Wario when they can easily stop them. Meta Knight is harder than Marth for me. If only one thing works then you're going to lose because you're always going to get read. I know that no matter what I disguise my move as, I'm goiing for the one tactic that works, my opponent knows that and so they're ready to at least get away without damage.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
First match ended up being on Battlefield: I striked out Final Destination, he did Smashville and PS1, then I striked out Yoshi's so we went to battlefield.

As soon as the match started he went under a platform and started spamming F-Air. I figured I'd just Bike through that, Air Dodge behind it, run up and shield, possibly Dacus as it finishes but none of that crap worked. Biking through it got me hit with with Up Air -> Up Air -> D-Air and reset the situation. Air Dodging behind it didn't last long enough so I got hit with that. I tried running up and shield (I was so close I saw the red sparks) but he caught on to that after I used it twice and started to fast fall and tilt my shield to stay safe. Dacus was an epic fail because of Power SHield -> N-Air -> Tornado. I tried to F-Smash through it and that got me grabbed, grab released over the ledge and Shuttle Looped. Died from that at 166% so yay me. I got off a total of like 70 damage during my attempts to kill him.

Second match, I took him to Halberd so I could keep the match moving and hopefully keep him from doing the same crap as last time. I didn't do too much better either.

I just don't know how to go about approaching characters with Wario when they can easily stop them. Meta Knight is harder than Marth for me. If only one thing works then you're going to lose because you're always going to get read. I know that no matter what I disguise my move as, I'm goiing for the one tactic that works, my opponent knows that and so they're ready to at least get away without damage.
For starters I wouldn't strike Final D against MK. I could be mistaken but I believe you can punish the fair on shield with nair OoS but I'm not 100% on that. Also running up and shield doesn't seem bad at all. As long as you can get to the distance where you can shield grab his tilts. Or you can stay close enough to him where you're out of the range of his tilts and smashes but can punish them when he whiffs. Also you can try to spotdodge and go for a fsmash depending on the situation it may work very risk and I wouldn't try it very often. Metaknight is harder than marth because metaknight is a better character than Marth. If you go in thinking I can handle Marh so I can take MK that's wrong. Although both characters are similar Marth out class Marth with all of his strong points and can has a better recovery. Also if you don't have to approach the mK i wouldn't. I also wouldn't of taken him to Halberd. I would of either CP Final D or SV. You don't want stages with platforms since MK is really good with plat forms and will just camp under them and the same thing goes for halberd. But it has a low ceiling and he can shark and stuff which is annoying. So the next time you face a MK i'd strike BF right off the back and try to go to either SV or Final D.

Also there isn't one tactic that always works you have to constantly mix it up and your approaches coupled with good spacing and punishing as well as reading your opponent. It's never one thing but you'll have to pick up on their habits and get reads to be able to exploit flaws and mistakes that they do make and they will make them even though it may be minor you have to be able to punish them or it's going to be a lot harder.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
If he's camping under the platform on bf what i usually do is just instant whipout on the other side and pick it up and slowly walk towards him. That usually scares them to stop camping under it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If they linger in the air after Fair, then yes nothing they can do to stop the Fair from getting them. If they fast fall and/or retreat it, much harder.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
You'd say, if I were completely new at this game and people post walls of text on details of the game, I'd believe them as well. At least for the moment, but yeah if these kind of sentences catch my eye...

Metaknight is harder than marth because metaknight is a better character than Marth. If you go in thinking I can handle Marh so I can take MK that's wrong. Although both characters are similar Marth out class Marth with all of his strong points and can has a better recovery.
I'd be amazed if people were to take that seriously.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
???? Care to explain to me how MK isn't just a better version of Marth? I'm all ears..... If you can't explain it then **** off.
For once your right about this one almost, I know i never agree with you but this is right.

I mean thats the main reason i think MK/WARIO isnt anywhere close to even.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
How is taking the bike out on the OTHER side a bad idea? i understand if your at high percents but it will at least force him to stop camping under the platform in risk of getting hit. I mean come on kry does this sort of thing all the time and had great success against lains ics and their camping under the platform on bf. Geez freaking noobs dont know what their talking about.

jk im playing Super theory craft Brawl.
But kry does use this tactic.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Its true he is.
More warios need to involve bike in there gameplay since really thats the only way for his meta game to advance since we know everything about him.

AND NO :p

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I think every time i try to explain anyone anything about brawl i start off by saying "metaknight is so fast that he can......."

This game is ****ing awesome.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I think every time i try to explain anyone anything about brawl i start off by saying "metaknight is so fast that he can......."

This game is ****ing awesome.
I don't know who you are snapppppp but u ****

Top Bottom