• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
bike braking only really works when you get sent aaaalllll the way across the stage. airdodge then bike.

i use dair for being sent up, airdodge for being sent horizontally.

hunger!

Smash Champion
use fair for both.

brinstar also has a pretty high ceiling. the side boundaries are what make that stage extremely ********. Smaller than leatherhead's bellend. yedigg?

CO18

Smash Hero
only time u should use bite vs d3 is like out of a spotdodge and on his up+b when hes out of jumps.. otherwise u takin big damage

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Really? I always thought brinstar had a pretty low ceiling *or at least lower than normal*.

But yeah get shuffle looped on brinstar and you will get no sympathy :(
Also lol xD

Also Wariocide CO18 :p

Excellence

Smash Champion
Here's what I have trouble with because maybe then I'll just give up on things that don't work.

Approaching Zelda: He's always retreating things and moving backward or throwing out double BAir to try and wall me and things like that. I try to get around the BAir's by Air Doding through them then I get DSmashed, if I try and jump over them and come down with DAir then I get Up Smashed, if I try and jump over it and not attack I get NAired, if I jump over it and Air Dodge then I usually end up with my back to the ledge or close to it.

BAir/FAir Spam: He's abusing the fact that I have no idea what to do against these moves. Literally, before he discovered the right way to use them he didn't win so what's the deal. Does anything beat these attacks, should I jump into shield when I anticipate them or just Air Dodge and do something else? I dunno so you tell me.

Oh and can you punish her FSmash on shield?

Those are my two issues, everything else is peachy.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Here's what I have trouble with because maybe then I'll just give up on things that don't work.

Approaching Zelda: He's always retreating things and moving backward or throwing out double BAir to try and wall me and things like that. I try to get around the BAir's by Air Doding through them then I get DSmashed, if I try and jump over them and come down with DAir then I get Up Smashed, if I try and jump over it and not attack I get NAired, if I jump over it and Air Dodge then I usually end up with my back to the ledge or close to it.

BAir/FAir Spam: He's abusing the fact that I have no idea what to do against these moves. Literally, before he discovered the right way to use them he didn't win so what's the deal. Does anything beat these attacks, should I jump into shield when I anticipate them or just Air Dodge and do something else? I dunno so you tell me.

Oh and can you punish her FSmash on shield?

Those are my two issues, everything else is peachy.
don't approach.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
you're stupid zebra, off the top you can survive with any aerial as long as you fast fall it because you can fast fall any aerial at the same time. it just better to use the fastest one so that they dont follow you up and **** you or w.e

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Ive been safe using uair you can just airdodge afterwards if they attempt to follow up.

Uair da bess :p

KAB1

Smash Apprentice
Is it better to use the c-stick for doing Wario's aerials, or is control stick + A better? What do you do?

Padô

Smash Lord
Use the CStick specially with Dair and Uair.

You can go farther with Wario's Aerial Mobility WHILE the hitboxes are still there(DAir) or go further while in the air with a Uair Chase.

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
I use Tap jump, except for nair OoS, it's better tu use Y & A.
Guys, i've a problem about dismouting off the moto. I read you had to tap the control stick to the opposite direction diagonally, but sometinmes it doesn't work. Is this the way?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
lol definitely a troll, but trolls are people too remember. Is bunny hopping when you get on the bike and jump at the same time? You gotta jump and press sideb really quick, basically before you leave the ground.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'm sure that everyone has at least heard about the new reccomended rules but in case you haven't here are the stages:

Starters:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Recommended for 3+ stage starter list

Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Recommended for 5+ stage starter list

Final Destination
Castle Siege
Recommended for 7+ stage starter list

Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Recommended for 9 stage starter list

Counter Pick Group One:
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar

Counter Pick Group Two
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
Jungle Japes
Norfair

Counter Pick Ground Three
Green Greens
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
The change that I noticed first was that Final Destination was moved from a 5 Starter Stage list to a 7 Starter Stage list which is what most tournaments use. How do you think these changes are going to affect that match-up? This already gives us a leg up on a lot of characters who attempt to camp Wario or CG the **** out of him like Dedede, Snake, and Peach. Moving Brinstar to Group One counterpicks also means that we will always have Brinstar as an option in our matches. Not too sure about how I feel about Lylat Cruise as a starter. I like the platforms because they can make characters already weak to juggling even weaker but there still seem to be better places. The tilting stage can also force some bad decisions on a player that Wario can capitalize on but I can also see that screwing up an autocancel or stupid like that. Ceiling is stupid high so UAir kills are more difficult and it's bondaries horizontal are so spead out that FSmash kills are even harder. Looks like if you go here you're going to be working with the stage tilting to gimp the **** out of people or waft kill.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Don't worry Zebra, most people use CP Ground 2 list anyway. I guess if I get first pick I strike Yoshi's Island, then they strike Battlefield and Smashville, then I strike Lylat Cruise. We go to PS1. If I get second pick, they strike Battlefield, then I strike Lylat and Yoshi's, and they strike Ps1 or Smashville.

Excellence

Smash Champion
How do you know when it's time to quit Wario? Every time I play a match-up, I play really inconsistently and my Wario is just an absolute mess of garbage. I think that Wario may just be too difficult a character for me because he actually has to earn his wins and I might just suck at this game (even after 3yrs >_>). So when do you know Wario just isn't right and I need to quit?

bassem6

Smash Lord
if you play around with another character and like that character's style and have more fun with him then try using that character for a month or so. When youre decent with him/her, try the new char out at a tourny and see how you do. If you do better then start maining that character.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
@ Excellence

You should always have to earn your wins. Wario isn't for everyone. I went thru a similar phase. Pick up a secondary and when u start struggling switch and try your secondary.

Ok ****ers. I'm struggling with the fox matchup. My last 2 tourneys ive finished 2nd and 3rd and both times I've been ousted by a fox. I get juggled around so bad. I need some tips on how to handle this matchup. Bite doesn't work on this dude either. I try to short hop dodge and get in for grabs but it hasn't gotten me over the hump. I also short hop dair but it gets repetitive after awhile akd predictable. Help me!!!!

Excellence

Smash Champion
Fox doesn't seem that bad to me because he's really easy to juggle due to how fast he falls and he's incredibly easy to gimp because his recovery options are limited as well. I find that Fox's approaches are limited and even though they can be mixed up with reflector and other simple mindgames you can usually just learn what their habbits and crush them.

Edit: Silly Ex, you're ********, what do you know. =O

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
How do you know when it's time to quit Wario? Every time I play a match-up, I play really inconsistently and my Wario is just an absolute mess of garbage. I think that Wario may just be too difficult a character for me because he actually has to earn his wins and I might just suck at this game (even after 3yrs >_>). So when do you know Wario just isn't right and I need to quit?
You don't suck. You're just suffering from mid-level play syndrome. Quitting is an option. TBH a lot of players do not get past a certain level. On few players play this game at really high levels. First thing you need to do is record your matches. Then breakdown your game. See what you're doing wrong. Question why you're doing these moves. Look for your bad habits. Figure out why your wario is inconsistent. What is going through your mind while you're playing? Ask your self these things. Break down your game play. Then watch other Warios study what they are doing. Look at their play styles see what they do differently then you. Also while you're watching your vids look to see if you're adapting to your opponents play style. I hope that helps. Also have more confidence even if you're the worst player it doesn't matter. Get your swag up **** talk and be confident. Positive thinking produces positive results.

Also every character in the game has to earn their wins. Don't for a second think it's easy to be good or that MK is an auto-win because thats simply not true. m2k has the best results with the best character because he puts in the work. Until you decide to totally dedicated yourself to training focusing studying and learning. I don't think you'll improve and that goes for everyone. Also remember that wario can be played a multitude of ways there's no wrong way to play him. Just learn to make your playstyle you're comfortable with work. I think that's it I hope you don't get too discouraged just keep working at it and you'll break though the mid level wall or not and just be mediocore and quit. *shrugs* who knows what will happen. This doesn't just go for you though but a multitude of players. Myself include. I just saying this because these are the things I'm working on to try to make myself better.

sorry for the massive wall of text.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
They always ban brinstar vs me.

Battlefield is good...
uh...

pick something small with lots of platforms

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Wario did alright at apex. Though i didnt see any streamed matches of him malcom got 13th iirc.

Also bf is my favorite stage against snake. I dont like lylat though.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'm trash against Snake on any neutral that's not Smashville, lol.

Well, actually I might try Yoshi's Island if Castle Siege doesn't work out for me.

Top Bottom