• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario stage discussion [Flat Zone 2]

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Except for the whole, no platforms to stop the infinites thing.
Well yeah but even with platforms you will have that problem. What if you get grabbed when the platform isn't there or if you are on the platform?

The biggest problems this stage has are with campers and infinite's I guess.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Then you're screwed, but the chance of being screwed is smaller on platform stages.

It's sad that we even have to take these kinds of things into consideration. **** you Sakurai!

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
FD is not my fav stage...
his recovery his not hurt by the strange lip, which is good, and he can combo people ok here, but vs CGers theres no defense, and campers can be hard to approach...
overall id say its 4:6
not in/ or against his favor too much, unless vs. inf. users.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Let's see, people that don't have a decent projectile or an infinite/chaingrab on Wario.

-Sonic

-Jiggs

-Kirby

-MK

-DK

-G&W

-Marth

Against 18% of the cast, this stage is good. Although Wario can of course handle projectiles, but the stage still doesn't really help avoid them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No Items
Wario only
75M!!!

I like FD now, it gives me an opportunity to counter pick my own character. Lucky me...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No Items
Wario only
75M!!!

I like FD now, it gives me an opportunity to counter pick my own character. Lucky me...
You forgot tiny mode, for no grab releases. THEN it's the ultimate metagame. Hell, let's go with the Mario Bros. stage. We can eat the shells and crabs after all :D

Ace55

Smash Lord
I pick FD the most. Lets me run away alot.. which is good considering Wario's slow. I just don't feel it for BF sometimes.
I really want to understand what you mean Deff, but I don't. Wario's slow (I'm pretty sure you mean his running speed, not attack speed and certainly not aerial speed). Generally, my Wario doesn't walk/run much at all, he just weaves in and out of my opponents range, FD doesn't really help or hurt me while doing this. And against a lot of opponents I don't really want to be far away from them, especially on FD, seeing that I have no projectiles, and have to aproach them again.

I don't get it.:dizzy:

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Run away with dash attack cancelled up smash :D

FD is now what of Wario's worst stages, b/c of what the opponent can do to him. Nothing can help you once you get grabbed. Although aside from that its great for Wario. Lots of room to work with, survives for a ridiculous time, and can gimp a little more easily thx to the lip which catches ppl sometimes.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Smashville time. I love this level, you can just sway with the floating platform. I'm pretty sure this level is my most played by far. And I love that you can go underneath it easily without even using up B (or grabbing the ledge) so when I get hit low I often just go under the level instead of facing the edgegaurder who wants to finish you off. Not incredibly usefull but I love that you can do that here.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Smashville is good usually, I hate facing characters like Pit and Snake here though. Like taking MK on here for some reason though.

I like the lips/stage design in general, but I sometimes hate how the platform moves in a different direction than what I want it to.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Omg this thread rules. If you don't mind, could I put some of the info on this thread on the guide(with credit to the poster of course)?

Wish I could speak some about some stages too. Need to go home from work soon.

Ace<3

Ace55

Smash Lord
Omg this thread rules. If you don't mind, could I put some of the info on this thread on the guide(with credit to the poster of course)?
As long as you post some new vids showing that combo you were talking about you can take any info you want:laugh:.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
k, my serious post, finally... balloons aside. Smashville is probably my favorite stage. It's small, and thus good for in-your-face fighters like Wario, the platform can save you against grab releasers, and also help with Backair wall of paining (plus you get ff upairs through it, or can upair those that land on it)... srsly, it's the most neutral stage in the game, b/c stationary platformed stages decidedly favor those w/ disjointed hitboxes.

Ace55

Smash Lord
C'mon I know you guys are just dying to talk about Smasville (last chance people).

Here's what I already have:

Small stage= nice for Wario in general
floating platform which is mostly easier for Wario to abuse than opponents (due to airspeed)
No grab release infinite bullsh*t what so ever
Pit and Snake do well on this level
You can go underneath it like it's nobody's bussiness
balloons and slow music + Wario= awesome

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Um... Its basically variations on battlefield for half of the level which is good for wario, but you can jump through the bottom of the platforms, which helps wario out when someone is trying to edgeguard. On the other parts they have no ledges(excepts for one spot) and usually have water and sides which arent horrible. I'd say its good for wario. not sure how good.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Um... Its basically variations on battlefield for half of the level which is good for wario, but you can jump through the bottom of the platforms, which helps wario out when someone is trying to edgeguard. On the other parts they have no ledges(excepts for one spot) and usually have water and sides which arent horrible. I'd say its good for wario. not sure how good.
Dedede owns this place, G&W can be a pain with the Dtilt lock at certain places, and a few other people can give Wario a challenge.

I like it generally but a few places are annoying.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Dedede owns this place, G&W can be a pain with the Dtilt lock at certain places, and a few other people can give Wario a challenge.

I like it generally but a few places are annoying.
Peach may be better suited for owning this place actually.(well in the recovery aspect of it...For d3 there are alot of places to wall grab on this level at certain points in time, although those do go away after a while)

Yeah, d3 is already going to be bad news for wario anyway. This is one of my favorite stages and Wario isn't srewed over by it. Some char may have an advantage, but generally its good for you.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This is a great stage for Wario vs the large majority of the cast (DDD is the biggest, most glaring exception, b/c of CGs off the edge, among other things he can abuse). I dominate on it, generally, and I love getting people into the bubble zone in the walk off zone, b/c they're so predictable when they're freaking out. He can easily get upairs during the flying parts, if you get them in the water it's a free fart kill.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
plus he can recover under the flying stage which is a great option and the wierd edges can **** with other characters like fox

ddd is a ****ing TERROR on this stage, even worse than usual, i ban it if i can

also i think we should open a new thread on counterpick stages, all the neutrals are practically the same in this game -_-

Ace55

Smash Lord
also i think we should open a new thread on counterpick stages, all the neutrals are practically the same in this game -_-
We already have a (couple of) thread(s) discussing the best Wario counterpicks if that's what you mean . http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164475
You could always bump that one.
I guess I could throw a couple of spicy stages in next now that we covered the solid neutrals.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Frigate Orpheon, great stage or greatest stage? Probably just great stage.

The lack of an ledge on the right side means that any traditional up b is an easy target when forced to recover on that side. And tether recoveries are just screwed all together. The only character I see caring less about the lack of the ledge are Snake, Sonic, Jiggs, MK, Kirby Dedede (again?) and ROB (and maybe Pit). For all the other characters no ledge means doom.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Orpheon is a delicious counterpick against Marth, and generally anyone with a punishable up b.
Falco gets destroyed there. IF you can get him off the right side it's basically a free stock off him.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
ive always preferred brinstar maybe because ppl ban frigate lol :x

nah frigate is good but it's gay if like 10 seconds in it changes to have both ledges then never changes again sigh

great overall counterpick but theres better imo

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I CP'd Frigate at Axis the other day. Snake hit me off the stage with my bike still on it. Got gay'd by the right edge so hard.

Anyway, ended up coming back, both of us at 1 stock and over 100%. I lost, but Frigate definitley helped me out.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I CP'd Frigate against Hylian at the Waco tourney and it worked out pretty well (he had G&W). G&W is screwed if you can hit him right after the peak cause he can't attack for a brief second while the parachute is forming. Also got one or two free Fsmashes when he had to use it from really far below and landed with Lag after Upb.

I like it except for when it flips like once and stays that way.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Jeepy, I thought you played Luc, when did you start Wario?
Hmm. About a month or two ago. Popertop came into the Jiggz boards saying how Wario was basically a Jigglypuff on steroids, so I tried him out, and fell in love. ^.^

So yeah, I've been playing Wario pretty exclusively since then. I went to Axis and did pretty well. Got a couple some tournies planned this month, as well.

Top Bottom