• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATO10: Go to the CEO THREAD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i completely agree with the FUBU 2010 title, if we combine with the SRK community :laugh:

Ballistics

Smash Champion
So plank, the GPX event is still happening but you dont think he will be able to pay the winners? And hes not MIA but hes just a really sketchy guy? When is the last time you spoke to him?

Sorry to ask so many questions but if we really are going to throw a coup d'etat I just want the circumstances to be clear.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So plank, the GPX event is still happening but you dont think he will be able to pay the winners? And hes not MIA but hes just a really sketchy guy? When is the last time you spoke to him?

Sorry to ask so many questions but if we really are going to throw a coup d'etat I just want the circumstances to be clear.
I guess it's still happening. I posted earlier saying what was going on, find that post haha. I spoke to him today in regards to my decision. Before that, I was unable to get in contact with him for over 2 weeks, and I was supposed to be the main TO. I talked to the main TO for SSFIV and MVC, neither of them have been able to get a hold of them either and none of them have any idea how they are getting down there because they were supposed to have transportation paid for.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I guess it's still happening. I posted earlier saying what was going on, find that post haha. I spoke to him today in regards to my decision. Before that, I was unable to get in contact with him for over 2 weeks, and I was supposed to be the main TO. I talked to the main TO for SSFIV and MVC, neither of them have been able to get a hold of them either and none of them have any idea how they are getting down there because they were supposed to have transportation paid for.
OK I don't feel bad anymore I can see you did everything in your power. Let the vengeance rain down!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Post from the SRK forums.

If you paid, do this.

I just got off the phone with Paypal; and if you registered and paid over 45 days ago, you're pretty much ****ed as far as getting your money back. However, the lady told me that if they get enough complaints regarding the issue, they can re-open the case and possibly get our money back to us.

SO IF YOU PAID WITH PAYPAL: Go to the Resolution Center > Item Dispute > enter whatever the transaction # is for your payment to GPXCORP > Choose Tickets for the item and FL for the state.

Explain that this was for the GAMME event that was to be held June 4-6, how the event was cancelled and that you want a refund for your ticket/registration. If we make enough noise, there may be a chance we could get our money back. I don't hold out too much hope, but it's at least worth a try.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
It depends. If they were willing to do their half of it, it would actually be CHEAPER and easier. Instead of finding 2 venues it's just finding 1. If it doesnt work out, that's fine too. I just don't think we should discard the idea completely

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I'm trying to see if I can pull some strings with a hotel in Orlando. But so far I'm being told that June is way to close. Again, if only this was in Miami... >_<

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
wait wait wait

did progression of this just go from

1) GAAME got cancelled
2) Hbox set up a tourney for Melee
3) I convinced Hbox to add Brawl, so now a new nearby venue is hosting Melee and Brawl

and...

4) SRK would join into this new venue to make a super massive 2 day event for various other games as well?

cuz that'd be tight, and would make better relations with the SRK community which could help smash prosper too

if that's what's potentially going on, then do it. A lot of Japanese won't have wasted plane tickets that way.

Linguini

Smash Master
wait wait wait

1) GAAME got cancelled
3) I convinced Hbox to add Brawl, so now a new nearby venue is hosting Melee and Brawl

and...

4) SRK would join into this new venue to make a super massive 2 day event for various other games as well?

cuz that'd be tight, and would make better relations with the SRK community which could help smash prosper too

if that's what's potentially going on, then do it. A lot of Japanese won't have wasted plane tickets that way.
5)m2k comes to WATO and ***** teams with linguini.
lol but seriously team with me if you come m2k, you know it would be nasty

uuaa1

Smash Journeyman
Probably waveshining really fast somewhere, K-town
This is it.

Hm

Last time I went to Florida, my phone died and I ended up going to Sea World. Xelic and I did flirt with the cute waiter though.

Tempting...
lol

I'm there.
ffffffffff yeah!!

Me and Chops will be coming to this sexiness! Then have mad fun at Disney. Get at the kids!!
ohmehgawd sensei

I haven't taken any vacation time since Pound but I need to go to a wedding in June in Michigan...if I can get away with taking time for BOTH in June, then I'll definitely be at this!

If not, then there's my reason ;__;
sadface miss you toasty

yo im hyped
me too nyukka

hungry get on aim you freakin idiot lmao
haha <3 frames

I'm there. That's awesome.
ofcourse you are!

wait wait wait

1) GAAME got cancelled

and...

truu. Ill see you there then Jason...again lol. If m2k says that this is "tight" there is def something going on here thats cuhrazee lol

someone upset cause they got blocked?
lolololol

yo............this is too good. im down ofcourse. :D

skrach8

Smash Lord
hbox sign me up as a TO, cuz u know IM here.

LOLZ at puff drama.

i can imagine the convo right now. "I HAVE THE BEST BACK AIRS!!!!!"

MM anyone...... you know what **** that! I WILL HAVE MY MM WITH MANGO, PLANK, M2K, and anyone else who wants to get wrecked!

I officially called you out, how can you turn that down?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Um... I am coming and hopefully bringing my whole crew.

And I'm very excited

::EDIT:: and Colbol, I love your avatar, but mine is better.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Wow, this is really awesome that this has been set up like it has. Congrats all! if I can make this I'll try but June's a tough month for me. Either way, I'm looking forward to some livestream :D

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
That's a lot of MELEE hosts...... I guess I have a reason to stay home and come to this. Also do the brawl part of this tournament. I'll treat my brawl players right...

-!-

Smash Lord
This is tempting, was planning on going to GAME but this sounds better :)

*Snaps Fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom