• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WATO10: Go to the CEO THREAD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I've been researching and I found a nice, big, pretty cheap venue in Orlando. I am talking with the SRK community and seeing if I can get help with a down payment and how many of them would likely show. If the numbers are right, we could have an incredible venue for everybody able to hold a ****load of people. I am working from far away so it's difficult, but with Hbox living in Orlando he will be my main communication man. We are making an amazing event happen, so tell your friends.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hbox had the idea to get it started. I had the idea from ahead of time but being so far away, I didn't see it being realistic. Hbox took initiative on his own to get a separate tournament started so for that, Hbox is the ****ing man.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Hbox had the idea to get it started. I had the idea from ahead of time but being so far away, I didn't see it being realistic. Hbox took initiative on his own to get a separate tournament started so for that, Hbox is the ****ing man.
HungryPlank ftw.

We're building this up you guys; all we need is your support! Tell your gamer buddies and let's make this a breakthrough Summer event.

:D

danielkon369

Smash Apprentice

yea, that grab you did was working pretty solid, unless I had a 'Nade close enough I was done for... well except that one time I think you Fsmash for the kill but it was too early, next time hit me a couple more times to make sure I can't D! XD

Definitively we gotta record :) and yea, Low tiers are fun, I'll be up for it for sure!

Hopefully you can come man, it'll be more worth going to this :)

Dude, we gotta play man!

Havent seen you in ages XD

lol ages, but yeah we gotta play i was going to go for friendlies but now that brawl was added im definitely going

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hey Pacho, do you have time to have a talk? I am helping organize this and would like to have a word with you if possible.

My AIM is Dream Thieve
Skype is MutePlank
# is 301-788-8085

Let me know if you have a minute man, thanks!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the fact that something so epic can rise out of the ashes of despair is nothing short of miraculous.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
hey GoogleMyName. My

I would be down to have a side Street Fighter Event.

I was going to rent a banquet hall or ballroom for 2 days but it's like $2000 to do so (I don't have that money LOL)

So for now I was going to have the tournament in a LAN center in UCF, but there is nooooooo way everyone can fit in there if both communities were to merge.

However, if you can a venue for this to happen, a venue large enough to support 3 full communities of players, and somehow get people to bring dozens of TVs and setups, I would be down to co-host it and fully support it.

To the smashers: The venue may be a bit small for a national tournament, but it's basically all I could do with a month's notice...we have the venue to ourselves for the entire night for 2 days, So the schedule will not be an issue. It can hold 120 people, according to the owner, maybe more...

They are actually hosting a Super Street fighter 4 tournament tomorrow, so I will probably attend and make a HYPE video and take pictures and stuff.

I look forward to the weeks to come. Hopefully SWF and SRK can have a love child called FUBU2010: WATO. If not, to each community their own tournament, and kudos to all for putting in the effort to keep the competition of GAMME alive!!!

googlemyname: you can IM me or call me at 4074880510

Hey man. I can vouch for NEXT LEVEL LAN which is a great place but for a big sized tournament it won't help much. I will be there for the Super tournament tomorrow so we can definitely talk for real then. If I can be promised and we can work out just a door fee not to make profit but to COVER our costs for setting it up. Then I can put my own money towards getting the room once you talk to the people. I know we can make our money back or mine if I put it all forward to get the venue. Just let me know when we talk Saturday about the venue and place.

I know smash and respect that it always has AMAZING tournaments so on your end I know you'd fill up the **** place lol. We'll talk more, back to bed for me.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Hey I'm here representing Next Level . We welcome the smash community to take over our shop for these two days as we were already planning our own smash event on May 29 which will probably now merge with hungrybox's event.
Listen i was gonna email Pam earlier this evening.

It occurred that another gaming community, SRK, was also a vital part of GAMME. They want to do a merger tournament with ours, and the NLL venue is simply to small to host something of that size.

I would say for the time being try not to change around your schedule too much...

sorry to make your plans change.

We do need a fallback venue; I would love for NLL to take that occupation.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Hey man. I can vouch for NEXT LEVEL LAN which is a great place but for a big sized tournament it won't help much. I will be there for the Super tournament tomorrow so we can definitely talk for real then. If I can be promised and we can work out just a door fee not to make profit but to COVER our costs for setting it up. Then I can put my own money towards getting the room once you talk to the people. I know we can make our money back or mine if I put it all forward to get the venue. Just let me know when we talk Saturday about the venue and place.

I know smash and respect that it always has AMAZING tournaments so on your end I know you'd fill up the **** place lol. We'll talk more, back to bed for me.
It's cool man, Plank found a HUGE venue for a reasonable price.

If we can get like 50+ SRK guys to come to this, we can make this work.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
already talking to them. thats the one i was looking at, great minds think alike!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
No it should only be a 2 day rent. We will just do the 5th and the 6th. Most venues let you set up the day before free or really early in the morning the first day.

So 100 for smash and SRK together would easily happen.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wouldnt it only be two day? saturday and sunday?

we'd just have to get there literally as the doors open to start setup on saturday

Edit: or if what plank said is true about them letting us setup for free friday for alittle bit

Frames

DI
so it looks like you only need 30 percent for down payment right now...so for a 2k venue we just need 600...if we can get that within the next few days that should be good let me check my savings

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
at 15 buck door fee wed need 120 peoples to cover 1800 (cause clearly we'd need the chairs and such). 120 for smash and street fighter shouldnt be too hard right?

I wonder if we could work out something as far as a payment plan goes. Cause no one has 1800 dollars up front :laugh:

Edit: oh, 30% down payment? when would we need it by? As long as I would get reimbursed i'd be down with throwing some money in the pot to help cover it

sixpod

Smash Rookie
Plank thank you for trying to move on with this whole thing considering the circumstances (and anyone
else on here as well)

I feel really bad about this whole situation with GAMME as a whole (even though I really did not have much say in the matter until this week) and would like to try and help out in any way possible along with GPX.

I just spoke with Manny over the phone and he will indeed be at MWC this weekend to talk with people and then is taking himself off the road to be with family (our thoughts go out to our brother).
He has allowed us to try and make some sort of a mends by offering up equipment for a tourney that is put together by you guys/gals so at least you will not have to worry so much on that side.
I know it is a small contribution and for a lot of people does not start to cover what could have been, and again my apologies goes out to everyone.

I just hope there is good that comes out of this and to let people know that the staff of GPX is here to help if you need it, that's the least we can do.

*feel free to pm me on here for any clarification or details on any happenings so we can work out arrangements to be there*

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Plank thank you for trying to move on with this whole thing considering the circumstances (and anyone
else on here as well)

I feel really bad about this whole situation with GAMME as a whole (even though I really did not have much say in the matter until this week) and would like to try and help out in any way possible along with GPX.

I just spoke with Manny over the phone and he will indeed be at MWC this weekend to talk with people and then is taking himself off the road to be with family (our thoughts go out to our brother).
He has allowed us to try and make some sort of a mends by offering up equipment for a tourney that is put together by you guys/gals so at least you will not have to worry so much on that side.
I know it is a small contribution and for a lot of people does not start to cover what could have been, and again my apologies goes out to everyone.

I just hope there is good that comes out of this and to let people know that the staff of GPX is here to help if you need it, that's the least we can do.

*feel free to pm me on here for any clarification or details on any happenings so we can work out arrangements to be there*
What a kind gesture, thank you very much. Best wishes

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Me and Colbol will be winning teams...................and remain as sexylicious as ever ;)

Good sh*t Hbox, Frames, Plank, and everyone else helping out to make this happen in a big way!

I love it when the smash community comes together like this :)

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Alright I have read up and I'll also be there on friday after work to help set up as well.

This does seem to be looking good and working out just fine.

Smashers!!!! We need your tv's and gamecube\Wii's. Wii may be the better option. If there is enough tv's. I do think we should at least have a seprate area for whatever game isn't being played. Like on saturday melee will be played. And on the side have brawl. So players don't get bored. At that time you can do your money matches and maybe crews or something. I wonder who will come to this ... I know south florida brawl is going to Mlg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom