• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash (Vid)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
This is hilarious, good find. I'm sure if this becomes big, you'll find yourself as a mod or at lease a SBroomer.
Reminds me of when Toadbanjoconker discovered wavedashing back in the day. GG

Bud

Smash Journeyman
this **** is tight, I can do it pretty fast now. its helping alot with spacing already plus, I think there may be more to all these slides found and especially with this physics glitch. I am going to be working with it and seeing what I can find, great find; also it wrecks when you put it together with the other recently discovered slides that just simply use the momentum.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or is this almost impossible to do with Wario due to his crawling mechanic.

Also, do you walk forward, then press down then back?

Geist

Smash Master
That may be the first new thing I've seen that looks useful in Brawl. Awesome stuff man. It obviously won't replace the lack of l-cancelling, but I don't think anything can at this point.

And just because I am amazed there are no posts in this thread like this yet, I'll feel free to do it first:
"omfg u turneyphags are ruinin mah gaems w/ur wavedahss and ur gliches!!"

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I dont want to seem like a jerk or anything, but, I think some people are over hyping this just a little too much.

I really thank you for your support but I don't think it's that much of a break through. I mean, I haven't seen someone use it well in an actual fight yet.(I don't play Luigi or shiek) Lets all just wait a while and get better at it before we come to any conclusions.

Is it just me or is this almost impossible to do with Wario due to his crawling mechanic.
yeah, some characters it completely sux with. The two chars that stuck out to me were Luigi and shiek.

Every character that crawls can do the waveland at the end of the video though. (Just to different degrees)

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I dont want to seem like a jerk or anything, but, I think some people are over hyping this just a little too much.

I really thank you for your support but I don't think it's that much of a break through. I mean, I haven't seen someone use it well in an actual fight yet.(I don't play Luigi or shiek) Lets all just wait a while and get better at it before we come to any conclusions.

yeah, some characters it completely sux with. The two chars that stuck out to me were Luigi and shiek.

Every character that crawls can do the waveland at the end of the video though. (Just to different degrees)
Agreed. Will probably just be like most other AT's, nice, but character specific

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
On that part you slide down half of Yoshi's story can you attack any time while sliding, or spot dodge w/e really was just wondering. Awesome find btw I am shocked no one found this out. God-Is-My-Rock is MY rock :p!

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
so pretty much this is like the moonwalk analog motion?

But yeah this wont really change brawl much if at all. It's doesn't make up for the punishment game lacking.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
the momentum mechanic that allows you to RAR and pivot grab wouldn't allow this to be done forward?? If it could, I'm sure you'd slide farther, since the slide would be amplified by the original dash momentum.

Someone test it!!!!!

iankobe

Smash Lord
Cool find.

But the thing is that people keep fogetting the USES of WD. Yes, we can perform something similar to a WD, but we can't use it how WD was supposed to use in Melee.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
If only DjC was in brawl >_<: Characters would be able to wd then...

Now we just have to find a way to increase hitstun on attacks.

Mawu

Smash Cadet
i wonder if u can use it in battles. I mean the wavedash is not far enough to avoid an f-smash or smth. like that =o

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Although the movement LOOKS like wavedashing, it gives you no competitive advantage. You're just sliding backwards a little, still vulnerable...

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Wow thats a little hard. =/ But it won't be as useful as the actual wavedash in Melee. But the diagnal one is impressive great job there.

bigman40

Smash Master
I've done this while I was in college (posted a vid of me sliding with luigi on youtube "Mcluigi"). You can't go forward. Plus, the amount you slide isn't enough to make it a big impact. Even if this is used, it's very situational. Maybe i'm wrong cause I can dashdance to dodge some atks, so I guess if used properly, it'll be enough to counter more effectively.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
It may not be the most useful thing yet, but at least it's something, so good on ya for finding this ;). It would be nice to see this implemented smoothly into a fight, but its still a little iffy to me.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't see this being easy to apply, but at least I have something fun and awesome to do between stocks. :)

PCHU

Smash Lord
This sucks.
I mean, it's GREAT, but it sucks.
Lucas can't crawl.
So how can Luigi?
Ike can't crawl either....
He's too busy fighting for his friends to learn how to win.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Can we see some vids of other characters doing it besides super slidy luigi??

I think of other chars can do it well it could be useful, but im skeptical because luigi is one slidy ArseMoFo.

Sliq

Smash Master
Can you see if it works for Bowser I'll test this myself, but you already seem adept at doing it, so your results might be clearer.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
looks like it could be useful since quite a few of the characters that I play can crawl

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Can you see if it works for Bowser I'll test this myself, but you already seem adept at doing it, so your results might be clearer.

Sux with Bowser.

the beginning of his crawl is super slow

Top Bottom