• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash (Vid)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The input takes longer than pressing R. Why wouldn't you powershield?
Not to mention that moving backwards like that would only really benefit a character with a long disjointed hitbox, a category in which crawling characters do not fall under.
ZSS and Lucario, at the very least, say hi.

Not that any character gets much distance or would have much use for this anyway.

chubas

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Squirtle can crawldash after shellshift. That's the only practical use I'd find for it in my case.
Gotta try it.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I myself have seen the wavedash but instead of crouching you just need to run in one direction then turn in the opposite and release the joystick.

So far I've tried it with falcon. Not to sure if it's been made out already nor do I know how effective it can be as yet.
I just tried this and when I actually do it right it's really cool. Not sure if it will become really useful but it seems like it has potential. If I could do it consistently I would have a better idea of its usefulness. Good find here.

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
@ RaynEX
of course this doesnt change the game. nonetheless, it still is another option for movement.
powershielding may be a more viable choice.. but i sure would rather have at the very least, 2 different options to change up my game. I dont want to stick with the same exact strategy and become more predictable.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Guys I think im gonna add a new vid tonight. It'll have some new stuff and hopefully some application.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
If we use this to counter-attack, I think it should be called the crouch counter (CC)
And the crouch counter may make for some interesting defensive mind games.
CC into a misfire FTW?

Top Bottom