• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash (Vid)

BOFO

Smash Cadet
Why does it matter? Wavedashing is completely useless, and if you even attempted it in Brawl, you'd just get your *** beat for taking the time to do it. It's a stupid technique people think is flashy and makes to look like a total stud for doing.

Amarkov

Smash Apprentice
Why does it matter? Wavedashing is completely useless, and if you even attempted it in Brawl, you'd just get your *** beat for taking the time to do it. It's a stupid technique people think is flashy and makes to look like a total stud for doing.
Yeah, you'll just get completely punished in those couple frames. Sliding along the ground in a standing animation is also completely useless.

I mean, it's not like that happened at ALL in melee, right?

BOFO

Smash Cadet
Yeah, you'll just get completely punished in those couple frames. Sliding along the ground in a standing animation is also completely useless.

I mean, it's not like that happened at ALL in melee, right?
It was pretty useless in Melee unless you used it with characters who could get some good distance with it, and even then it didn't bring much of an advantage forward for that player. People honestly complained as soon as Brawl came out because their beloved old method of doing wavedashing was gone. While it served some purpose in Melee, there's none left in Brawl, as this isn't a quick simple technique like it was back then, you have to do much more work just to pull one of them off.

Hoff

Smash Cadet
It was pretty useless in Melee unless you used it with characters who could get some good distance with it, and even then it didn't bring much of an advantage forward for that player. People honestly complained as soon as Brawl came out because their beloved old method of doing wavedashing was gone. While it served some purpose in Melee, there's none left in Brawl, as this isn't a quick simple technique like it was back then, you have to do much more work just to pull one of them off.
So, basically, you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about. Every word of that was wrong. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I dont want to seem like a jerk or anything, but, I think some people are over hyping this just a little too much.

I really thank you for your support but I don't think it's that much of a break through. I mean, I haven't seen someone use it well in an actual fight yet.(I don't play Luigi or shiek) Lets all just wait a while and get better at it before we come to any conclusions.

yeah, some characters it completely sux with. The two chars that stuck out to me were Luigi and shiek.

Every character that crawls can do the waveland at the end of the video though. (Just to different degrees)

Your right, its could be a very useful techniqe but its also a very situational techniqe, the smash series is FULL of these situational things.

Met

Smash Ace
It looks good on yoshis can it be done on like the platforms of lylat? on the outer edges? or like on corneria? what about on brinstar, castle siege, skyworld etc....

also BOFO i will money match you in melee a hundred dollars because you a idiot.

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
oy stereotypical idiot new member.

It's because of people like bofo that most of us just skip over posts by 08ers.

BOFO

Smash Cadet
So, basically, you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about. Every word of that was wrong. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.
If only you thought of that! It's funny because you don't process thoughts at all and you have to quote a seven year old movie. No seriously, what in the world? Is everyone here this dense that they'll senselessly flame someone because they're stating how useless an actual useless glitch is? I think I really have found the lowest point of the internet right here.

At least I can spell, unlike you very intelligent veterans!

Met

Smash Ace
If only you thought of that! It's funny because you don't process thoughts at all and you have to quote a seven year old movie. No seriously, what in the world? Is everyone here this dense that they'll senselessly flame someone because they're stating how useless an actual useless glitch is? I think I really have found the lowest point of the internet right here.

have you played anyone that can do it right? any vids up?

Sliq

Smash Master

Actually, the part where you said wavedashing was useless was the wrong part. The very wrong part. But I don't really need to point this out, seeing as how you never placed in any tournaments, let alone competed in them.

BOFO

Smash Cadet
Actually, the part where you said wavedashing was useless was the wrong part. The very wrong part. But I don't really need to point this out, seeing as how you never placed in any tournaments, let alone competed in them.
Because you know me!

Wait, no you don't! BUT YOU LACK TOURNAMENT STATISTICS ON ME SO OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW ME PRETTY **** WELL.

In MELEE this mattered, MELEE. Not Brawl. Brawl is DIFFERENT completely, but this is coming from someone who fails to see that.

Met

Smash Ace
Because you know me!

Wait, no you don't! BUT YOU LACK TOURNAMENT STATISTICS ON ME SO OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW ME PRETTY **** WELL.

In MELEE this mattered, MELEE. Not Brawl. Brawl is DIFFERENT completely, but this is coming from someone who fails to see that.

yeah... but you said it didn't matter in melee and if you bothered to watch the last part of the vid you can see that this could have some usefulness idiot.

BOFO

Smash Cadet
yeah... but you said it didn't matter in melee and if you bothered to watch the last part of the vid you can see that this could have some usefulness idiot.
Did you read my post? I said it didn't really matter besides with a few characters. I also watched the end, and I saw nothing special at all "IDIOT." Gee, I guess flaming is allowed here? You're a ****! Stupid *******! ****ing dip****! Man, this is fun! I can see why you all do it when you know so much about so little.

Met

Smash Ace
Did you read my post? I said it didn't really matter besides with a few characters. I also watched the end, and I saw nothing special at all "IDIOT." Gee, I guess flaming is allowed here? You're a ****! Stupid *******! ****ing dip****! Man, this is fun! I can see why you all do it when you know so much about so little.

haha no it was useful with just about every character. why don't you list all the characters it wasn't useful for?

and you know what you could do on yoshis? for example lets say your playing as shiek. now let me tell you possibley her best kill move because you don't know. U-smash and thats a pretty hard move to just connect while someone is on the ground.

so you could trick them and run away they might chase you possibley. if they do you could slide a great distance towards them and then do a upsmash and you can tell by the vid that the slide is quicker then runnin.

you got any vids up since you know so much man i would like to learn from someone that has so much to say.

also sorry God is my Rock this is a good find we have played in tournement before at critical hit 1 and 2 i don't know if you remember me but i play dedede anyway this guy is agrrivating don't mean to turn your thread into a flame war

Amarkov

Smash Apprentice
Did you read my post? I said it didn't really matter besides with a few characters.
If "a few characters" is defined as Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Peach, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Samus, Dr. Mario, Mario, Ganondorf, Link, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Roy, Young Link, Pikachu, Yoshi, Zelda, Mr. Game&Watch, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, and Mewtwo.

This list of characters being otherwise known as "everyone but Jigglypuff".

Sliq

Smash Master
In Brawl, yes, but in your first post you said it wasn't that useful in Melee, sans a few characters, which is completely incorrect.

BOFO

Smash Cadet
If "a few characters" is defined as Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Peach, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Samus, Dr. Mario, Mario, Ganondorf, Link, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Roy, Young Link, Pikachu, Yoshi, Zelda, Mr. Game&Watch, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, and Mewtwo.

This list of characters being otherwise known as "everyone but Jigglypuff".
It doesn't benefit all of them, it's just a stupid trick for most of them.

I mean, IT'S SO AWESOME. UNGH, I LOVE IT.

Also, no, in Brawl it IS useless, and I can prove it to you if you really need that shoved in your face. There's nothing good about it in Brawl besides it being people being so desperate to find a new thing to exploit that they're now resorting to something that is much more difficult to pull off.

Sliq

Smash Master
Everyone ignore BOFO. He's either stupid or trolling. If he's trolling, he should try and be more amusing.

Amarkov

Smash Apprentice

Then what happened to the people who can do just as well without wavedashing? Did the pros form a secret society and assassinate them so they wouldn't reveal how wonderful it is to be free from the tyranny of wavedashing?

BOFO

Smash Cadet
I think stupid is shoving one of the worst smilies in the world over Brawl character faces. It's okay Sliq, I'm sorry if Smash Bros. doesn't look well on your resume.

Met

Smash Ace

Also, no, in Brawl it IS useless, and I can prove it to you if you really need that shoved in your face. There's nothing good about it in Brawl besides it being people being so desperate to find a new thing to exploit that they're now resorting to something that is much more difficult to pull off.
No the point is that it isn't a trick and you just don't understand its use's. wavelanding into a air attack. spot dodgeing with it into a fsmash or dsmash. canceling your run faster then any other way so you can tech chase better.canceling shines, using it out of shield.

and also brawl is been out for no time at all people are finding these things and testing if they are useful or not and from a competetive melee players point of view some of it looks useful.

also i play with a dude ( in person ) although not anymore because he is away for the summer who has made over 2 grand so far off brawl. so i aint talking out of my *** dude.

Sliq

Smash Master
I added BOFO to my ignore list, and I hope you do the same.

BOFO

Smash Cadet
I don't play with "a dude," I know of many, in fact one of them I believe was one of the top players within tournaments for both Melee and Brawl. Never has he stated that wavedashing is more than a trick. I am not just spewing bullcrap here, I'm not just going by what I've seen in only my games, I know of people who see through stupid little tricks like that and how they really don't provide anything if you actually think while playing.

And hey Sliq, what a slick way to state something you can easily make private. Someone sure is pompous!

Met

Smash Ace
its chillin btw like chillindude829 and through him i have gotten alot of chances to play everyone in his crew except j-tanic and a whole bunch of people. I don't know if you are just a idiot or you are trolling. But tommorow when i go to eddies house i will get SS4Ricky to tape me ****** you online and i will put them up. and anyone that comes across you talking and gets mad like i did can go watch them. so i am done with you man.

BOFO

Smash Cadet
Sliq sure doesn't seem like he amounts to anything in the real world, as his social skills are deplorable.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Sliq sure doesn't seem like he amounts to anything in the real world, as his social skills are deplorable.
Then you really must be up ****s creek when it comes to the real world and your social skills.

Added to my ignore list. First one ever! Congrats BOFO!

Vts

Smash Champion
GTFO bofo you don't belong here, all you do is start **** , if you had some really stuff to back up what your saying we may listen to you but right now Sliq has the upper hand (and pimp hand) and you just need to stfu and get off these boards if your new thats cool but don't start **** with people you don't know, i understand small stuff and i know i'm going out of line talking **** back to you but thats how i defend people i know.

Now for this find, good find if we look more into brawl we may find even better stuff as well right and maybe make it possible for every character to use this (doubtful).

-peace vts

Sliq

Smash Master
its chillin btw like chillindude829 and through him i have gotten alot of chances to play everyone in his crew except j-tanic and a whole bunch of people. I don't know if you are just a idiot or you are trolling. But tommorow when i go to eddies house i will get SS4Ricky to tape me ****** you online and i will put them up. and anyone that comes across you talking and gets mad like i did can go watch them. so i am done with you man.
I'm pretty sure Niko K was talking to BOFO when he said the pro he knew was imaginary, making you a ********. Either that or he did mean you, making me a ********. Either way, someone else beside BOFO is a ******** in this thread, bringing the ******** total up to 2.

Top Bottom