• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Having watched that Luigi video I'm actually very excited at the prospect of that being in Brawl. Infact I'm disappointed it isn't...

This has probably been said before but can someone confirm for me...is multiple air dodging still available with this hack? Or is it like Melee where you can only air dodge once and then you're in helpless state?

If there's multiple air dodges available...if it's like Melee air dodging, wouldn't it possible to contiually air dodging diagonall upwards?
Please watch the video ^^;

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
Some1 posted a Melee video JUST LIKE THIS in this thread lol.

Aww. No wavelanding. :(
Yeah I wanted to try and replicate something like that but unfortunately I messed up about half part of making the video and I didn't feel like redoing it so I just did mine differently I plan to remake my video sometime whenever I take the time to messing with this code a bit more just for fun unless someone beats me to it.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I've just had a slight brainwave. And yea, I'm on 08'er too.

It would appear that when you 'air dodge' you enter your 'helpless' state.

Now generally, you can only enter helpless state when using your Up + B in Brawl (true for most characters anyway)

Now Peach for example, can only enter helpless state on an ordinary basis if she uses her Up + B (Parasol) and closes it.

Would it be possible for Peach to use an airdodge, then whilst in helpless state press up to effectivly re open her un used Parasol?

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
dude at least we got wavedashing , i mean do you realize what this means? if more ppl knew this we would probably start seeing hacked brawl tournaments

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Melee fanboys...don't be so blind....
I don't like it any more than you, good sir Chis, but that's no reason to say such hurtful things. I can't tell if that statement is hyppocritical or not...

I thank you, Owl, for accepting my apology, butIthinkI'verunoutofthingstosayandmustnowtakemyleavegooddaysirs.

EDIT: Geez, Louise, this thread moves FAST! At least ten posts in the time it took for me to post this one!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i just want to see somebody who actually knew why wavedashing was so great using it in ways that show its greatness - not people who think "LOL look at me sliding around" when they do it

let's see some application lol

soembody tell me how to do this and i'll make an awesome vid.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Hey, ZSS has a helpless animation. Who knew?

This **** is too good, by the way.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
i just want to see somebody who actually knew why wavedashing was so great using it in ways that show its greatness - not people who think "LOL look at me sliding around" when they do it

so gimp, are you saying you dont know how or dont have the hacks? lol but you will make an awsome vid showing how to **** in brawl using it. It took me a while to find out how to use the hacks, but start by looking up "ocarina homebrew app" and "twilight hack". Find some guides of how to instal it.

Syoudous

Smash Cadet

http://z11.invisionfree.com/The_Odd_Man_Out/index.php?showtopic=320&st=0

That should help you install the stuff you would want also sorry about not supplying something you'd want to see but I am interested in seeing someone do a video of putting this to good use as well.

Edit: I'm late.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman

I could record something... that is. If you don't mind a terrible-quality digital camera recording. Do you mean using this in battle for spacing and such? I played Melee competitively, so just tell me what you want me to do, and I'll record it.

Edit: People posted while I was typing. If you need any help setting up the Twilight Hack and such, contact me on AIM. I can tell you how to set up the SD card or anything else. (SD card folder tree was what I had problems with)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you don't have to be fighting somebody to show off it's usefulness just add some variety and mix in attacks here and there

is there a code to put platform cancels back in the game? lol

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
I found a cool trick with crawling. If you wavedash into a crawl you keep your momentum making you crawl faster for a short distance. Works with all crawling characters. I dub it : momentum assisted crawl, MAC for short until a better name is thought up.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'd name it wavedashing

because all you're doing is wavedashing -> anything

it's the exact same thing as doing a wavedash into a smash attack or a wavedash into shield

everyone wants to name everything

lol this is the same thing as calling an up smash out of a dash "HYPHEN" smashing

that's not a term because all you're doing is up smashing.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Cool I just got the wavedashing code into Brawl, so I'll mess with it for a few minutes then try to make a video. Gotta get used to it. :p

LSDX

Wah!
Now all we need is for someone to give Landmaster wavedashing and L-Canceling, then we'll have the true counter to Meteknight

Cerozero

Smash Apprentice
i'd name it wavedashing

because all you're doing is wavedashing -> anything

it's the exact same thing as doing a wavedash into a smash attack or a wavedash into shield

everyone wants to name everything

lol this is the same thing as calling an up smash out of a dash "HYPHEN" smashing

that's not a term because all you're doing is up smashing.
Thats a much better name
"wavedashing" it is

Crow!

Smash Lord
The problem with taking out the fallspecial is that there's no other way to limit airdodges. Directional infinite airdodges is exactly the same as infinite jumps.... but worse. Remember what people were saying about ISJR before it was deemed impractical? It's that, but infinitely worse. And if you take out the directional dodging, you obviously lose wavedashing.
I assume you're referring to repetitive upward airdodge nonsense. This isn't a problem as long as you fall long enough before you have an opportunity to airdodge again (there's already a fair amount of regular fall time incorporated; try this airdodge near the ground and see exactly how far up you can be before you actually do the up-B animation before landing).

Admittedly, multiple air dodges with directional input for each one would make for some very silly midair games. But it'd also be quite interesting; quite the positional placement competition looking for an opening where you can hit the opponent immediately after the air dodge. Remember: air dodges are somewhat laggy in midair, both on startup and on ending.

So as long as the "hovering in midair" portion of the airdoge doesn't last too long, I think the Used Recovery phase can be removed.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
So does or doesn't it work?

Also, even though MK will be near invincible with this, take note that all other characters now have new strategies.

Magus420

Smash Master
a friend of mine just suggested a new method we could use for the falling state that everyone has across the board. put them into the state that a character is in once they get footstooled. they fall, cant attack or jump, and can be hit. its perfect. bowser air dodge will look funny lol
It WOULD be perfect, if not for the fact that this and this would happen every time you AD'd onto the stage.
Only if it's not possible to change the landing you get from it which could be possible. In Melee, up-Bs, airdodging, getting hit by a thrown screw attack, etc all used the same 'FALLSPECIAL' animation. After landing though, they had different durations on the same 'LANDINGFALLSPECIAL' animation (they are sped up/slowed down just like how aerial attack landing animations go at 2x speed when l-cancelled), and were sometimes IASAable as well. There was a lot of variation the game used on that landing animation after landing during the same falling state.

Some examples:

- I believe the full 'LANDINGFALLSPECIAL' animation is 30 frames normally for everyone, as well as the normal 'LANDING' from the air like when landing from a jump.
- When the LFS is IASAable it matches their normal landing's IASA, and can end up being sooner or later if the LFS animation is sped up or slowed, since by playing faster/slower it reaches that part of the animation that can be IASA'd sooner/later than normal.
- When you land from an airdodge it plays through it at 3x speed which ends up being 10 frames, and is not IASAable.
- When you land after getting hit by a screw attack it plays the LFS at 1x speed and is 30 frames, but it can be IASA'd at the same point as their normal air landing can (4 for most characters), since it goes at normal speed.
- When Fox lands after his up-B from high enough to go into the 'FALLSPECIAL' before landing, the LFS is sped up so that it only takes 18 to complete instead of 30, and can be IASA'd sooner than a normal air landing since it plays faster (3 frames of lag instead of the 4 he gets on a 1x speed IASAable LFS or normal air LANDING which also plays at 1x).

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Phantom Wings, could you read the rest of the thread, please? We made some suggestions about ROB and some other things. Especially look at this post:
Whew, this thread has really taken off, sorry about my last post - I didn't realize that this thread had already made it to 11 pages.

Anyways - I fixed the code this morning to include characters like Shiek/Zelda, Iceclimbers, and PT - it was mainly a small error on my part to do with the code.

I've taken a look at some of the suggestions in this thread but a lot of them will take some time to consider - My best bet would be to make your character have the dissabled effect(flashing and can't do anything) but still have the normal falling animation - that way you don't have the extra long delay for landing. Either that or I could remove the delay for landing after dodging. Though the first would fix R.O.B. as well.

Oh, and just for those who might hold ill will towards me for making this code, I personally don't/didn't use WaveDashing too much - I mainly made this code for the sheer challenge of it and because so many people were requesting it. Cheers.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm currently importing some clips I did with everyone's wavedash (just sliding OR "combos") and messing with it in general. Gimpy, it would be AMAZING if you made a video of you using this, it is SO much fun to use, it makes Brawl feel... so much faster (to me anyway) and I haven't even used this in an actual match!

Problem: When I do Snake's wavedash, it doesn't go very far (it goes about as far as Jiggly's when I do it) am I doing it right? Or do I have to hold the control stick a certain way? His, Yoshi's, and Peach's I had the MOST trouble with doing consistently and trying to perform "combos" with or sliding in general.

Overall, MOST of the characteras have a good slide. Diddy Kong's is ****IN' INCREDIBLE, the combo potential with this on for Diddy is just... amazing, Link's is uber good too.

I'll get my video up tonight, guaranteed.

Gimpy, you need the following: Twilight Princess, SD Card, SD Card Reader (or one that's built into your computer), and the necessary apps Gecko OS 1.07 + Ocarina and the Homebrew Channel. Just search "Twilight Hack" in Google and you should find the Twilight Hack save file and the Homebrew Channel. There's tutorials on YT if you need to know how to install it well.

Gecko OS 1.07 + Ocarina is here

Ocarina Code Manager

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Okay. I fixed my problems... made a really stupid mistake. At least I know how Ocarina works now.

Thank you, so much for this code, Phantom Wings. XD Where would the 'fixed' code be available?

Sjeele

Smash Apprentice
Well I request I code that turns off the activity in A level......or is there already that code??

BTW the movie finally is finished.....and I official hate youtube now..
It taked endless to get to 100% than, it didn't go any further..
I'm sorry for the guys who wanted the movie so much :'(..
And still this is Part 1.........maybe there is no part 2..

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
so wait, i NEED twilight princess for this? i sold that to get brawl...
seriously, that's f***** up. ima gonna go kick my wii now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok i just finished making my video of showing wavedashing with like 10 or so characters

and for gimpy's sake, yes i do play competitive melee. have been, and still am lol. i tried to incorporate some cool things with the wavedashing, found that wario's chain grab/tech chase d throw is much better with wd'ing, some cool diddy stuff, you can ledge wavedash perfectly, and more. its uploading to utube now, itl be ready soon.

imo so far from who iv tried, sonic rob and diddys wavedashes stand out. sonic to space strong attacks, rob's length is perfect and works well with smashes, and u can pick up diddys bananas while wavedashing. too good. metaknights isnt as broken as i would think, but wd to ftilt is nice

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
so wait, i NEED twilight princess for this? i sold that to get brawl...
seriously, that's f***** up. ima gonna go kick my wii now.
You only need the game for a total of about 3 minutes. All it is used for is to install the Homebrew Channel which lets you run Ocarina to use the codes.

Pretty much you just set up an SD card with the right files/folders, copy over a hacked TP savegame to your Wii, start TP, load up the hacked save file, and talk to the guy right in front of you. The Homebrew Channel installs, and you're ready to use it whenever you want.

If you don't have TP... just rent it... or borrow it from somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom