• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i havnt gotten to try it yet, but from the vids im seeing, the wavedash is way too long. luigis is fine for his style lol, but marth and foxes are like just as long as luigis

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i hope to God that this isnt put into tourneys...i know how to wavedash (in melee) but i dont like it, and i prefer playing without it. wavedashing ftl

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Why is everyone talking like it's in the game? This isn't melee this is brawl. If you want to wavedash go to melee or use this casually, but this will NEVER be used in a tournaments.

JohnAnon

Smash Cadet
Wavedashing? Of all the things you can change in Brawl, like make Meta Knight not broken as **** and balance out every character, you put in WAVEDASHING?!

In fact, why doesn't ANYONE try to do that, huh? Am I gonna have to buy a USBGecko, learn the basics of Brawl hacking, and do this myself?

kangaroo

Smash Cadet
I can already tell that the character who would be effected the worst by this is Yoshi. Not because he can't wavedash, but because the old Airdodging system completely DESTROYS his recovery. He can't airdodge anymore during his recovery because it will completely stop his momentum, so there's no way he can defend himself when recovering. He has to use his entire Double Jump no matter what (Which is bad because the Armour was nerfed from Melee), and has no good options to defend himself from the front and spikes.

He'll be completely nerfed while every other character will be buffed, and this isn't at all fair at all
heh, maybe they'll hack his DJC back in as well? :bee:

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
... Wow, I remember when we had that thread about the USB Gecko Project, and it all turned into a ****storm about how we're *******izing the game.... What's with the change? Now everyone's on the "let's make a new ruleset even if it's not standard" bandwagon. I guess I'm glad but it's kind of irritating.

Frames

DI
man i been playing with this for like an hour? or so

it's pretty cool, i think it's a pain in the *** i gotta press down L or R all the way, but other than that it looks good

the next code they need to make is the one that enables light shielding, basically restore analog function to the triggers of the gcn controller

also you can't wavedash to edgehog :(

metaXzero

Smash Champion
... Wow, I remember when we had that thread about the USB Gecko Project, and it all turned into a ****storm about how we're *******izing the game.... What's with the change? Now everyone's on the "let's make a new ruleset even if it's not standard" bandwagon. I guess I'm glad but it's kind of irritating.
Most of those idiots who are gone now. MOST anyway.

Revven

FrankerZ
In fact, why doesn't ANYONE try to do that, huh? Am I gonna have to buy a USBGecko, learn the basics of Brawl hacking, and do this myself?
Idiot #3333356876998

You don't NEED a USB Gecko OR knowledge to "hack". You just need Gecko OS 1.07 + Ocarina (FREE app) and the Homebrew Channel (Twilight Princess is required to install it on, just rent it, only need it once). Put the codes onto the SD Card with the program Ocarina comes with and bam, you have wavedashing. It's completely free if you have everything, otherwise, you may need to buy an SD Card Reader and rent TP.

And, people who are BAWWWing, shut up, this thread obviously wasn't made for you.

For those curious about where Phantom Wings is, feel free to contact him gscentral.org through PM OR in the Brawl codes thread for any discrepencies or errors or changes you feel you want Phantom Wings to do to fix/change for the code (don't know if it can get any longer or not. BUT! Changes can be made and so can fixes if need be). That is all.

And, I think I'm going to go ahead and record everybody's wavedash anyway... probably won't be up for a few hours though.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I don't see the necessity for it since we can instantly run off the edge and grab.
I tried this with Toon Link...

I don't remember exactly (I never really owned Melee), but TL's wavedash is too long compared to Young Link's.

Plus you can't wavedash into ledge I think. At least I couldn't with Marth and TL.

But I can Azendash.

I am TOO pro with that. ^_^

Fun code. Now add crouch canceling and I be happy Barlw player. I can like tech chase w/ Fsmash again. It'll be hilarious and stuff casually.

Now this crap will destroy tourneys [if some idiot decides to leave this code on in a set-up or something], this does make it Melee 2.0 doesn't it?

Hmm...

Eh, this with the stun add code could leik make Marth do those...

oh what was it...

Ken Komboz?

Sjeele

Smash Apprentice
The 'non' edited video is almost up..
I'm busy on the editing version of that one, I hope that one is quicker finished, so you guys don't hear my mom yelling :D

It's about 90% on youtube, still 10% to go..

I can't wait to have some brawl/meleehacked battles against my friend (finaly I make a chanche :D)..

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Phantom Wings, could you read the rest of the thread, please? We made some suggestions about ROB and some other things. Especially look at this post:
yea there is! i completely forgot till now, and everyone has it, even rob!

the animation where your in the air when u break ur shield. easiest way to see it, go to smashville, stand on the platform, hold ur shield till u break it, and ul fall to the ground (youl see it longer than normal cause the moving platform will move so ur not over it anymore and ul fall to the main stage. if you implement that state, but make it so your shield isnt broken when u hit the ground from a air dodge, there ya go. done deal

dmac

Smash Champion
i'm kinda of a newb when it comes to this hacking stuff, but does this mean that it was in the game, and then turned off/forced us to us the default style of air dodging? what other possible hacks are waiting to be found?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Why? Becaue it's true? Oh, wow wave dashing!

Will this help you win a tourny or get better? No. Lol at anyone who thinks this should be used competively. Casual use only.
Because these posts assume that some people won't try and have ALTERNATE STANDARD tournys (Like ISP).

Also lol at your ignorant statement about those who WDed in Melee.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Falcon fans rejoice, his wavedash is beastly. Thanks for the code, but I hope this isn't used outside of casual play.

yamas11

Smash Cadet
God, if you miss wavedash so much just play melee, no need for this ******** hacking crap.
Why do people do posts like these? It's not like you're being force to use this. Also, maybe some people love using characters who weren't in Melee, like Lucario, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, ect, and would like to see how they would feel in a Melee type of sense.

Adi

Smash Lord
I'm just sad that the Melee scene is dead and people are still trying to salvage Brawl, sorry if it came off harsh =(.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Or maybe the prospect of having a REAL sequel to Melee is exciting for some people. Personally, I want to see an improved and very hot-looking Zelda in a decent game.

Speaking of which, I really want to see Zelda/Sheik's wavedash now. I know if you transform it fails, but you can get Sheik to WD by starting with her, right?

Oh, and is everyone's wavedash absurd? Because a "less friction" code to go with this has already been done (I believe) and would be a very easy fix to this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
a friend of mine just suggested a new method we could use for the falling state that everyone has across the board. put them into the state that a character is in once they get footstooled. they fall, cant attack or jump, and can be hit. its perfect. bowser air dodge will look funny lol

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I'm just sad that the Melee scene is dead and people are still trying to salvage Brawl, sorry if it came off harsh =(.
You just came off as unnecessary. I love Melee and I doubt we'll ever hack as great a game as that, but I want to see how far we can go with this. And like I already mentioned, Melee + upgraded graphics = win.

Frames

DI
I don't see the necessity for it since we can instantly run off the edge and grab.
well the whole point is that if we can wavedash off the ledge, we can wavedash back onto it, giving us one more option of returning to the stage or leaving it

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i thought a bunch of vids would be up by now, and i wasnt able to cause im at work

but il be home within an hour, so il start making some rly nice vids of everyones wavedashing and stuff and have it up very fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom