• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
a friend of mine just suggested a new method we could use for the falling state that everyone has across the board. put them into the state that a character is in once they get footstooled. they fall, cant attack or jump, and can be hit. its perfect. bowser air dodge will look funny lol
It WOULD be perfect, if not for the fact that this and this would happen every time you AD'd onto the stage.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Because these posts assume that some people won't try and have ALTERNATE STANDARD tournys (Like ISP).

Also lol at your ignorant statement about those who WDed in Melee.
Tripping is one thing, however this is another. What are you going to do? Make an alternative tier list? And don't patronise me by putting your words in caps. It only makes you look foolish.

You make assumptions about me making assumptions? If you like flaming strangers over the internet, leave me out of it thanks.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm waiting for the vids :nerd:
Whoever makes one with all the characters gets a cookie.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
DP maybe
Tripping is one thing, however this is another. What are you going to do? Make an alternative tier list? And don't patronise me by putting your words in caps. It only makes you look foolish.

You make assumptions about me making assumptions? If you like flaming strangers over the internet, leave me out of it thanks.
If the will of the people is there, of course. Don't act like its impossible (though it is unlikely).
If you're going to come in here with posts like that first one you made, expect a heated response.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone give so much as a hoot? It's not like hacked Wiis are allowed at tournaments anyway. Wasn't it bad enough that Wavedashing existed in the first place? Why does it need to torment Smash more?

M@v

Subarashii!
lol people and melee 2.0. wavedashing was never meant to be anyway lol. nice find though. I can see the no tripping to make brawl more competitive, but why do we need wavedashing back? It IS an exploit...

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Why does everyone give so much as a hoot? It's not like hacked Wiis are allowed at tournaments anyway. Wasn't it bad enough that Wavedashing existed in the first place? Why does it need to torment Smash more?
Please leave. You're contributing nothing to this thread. We don't care that you disapprove of WDing; we know that your kind exists already.

lol people and melee 2.0. wavedashing was never meant to be anyway lol. nice find though.
... Yeah, you too. At least the first guy was nice enough to capitalize his sentences.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
lol people and melee 2.0. wavedashing was never meant to be anyway lol. nice find though. I can see the no tripping to make brawl more competitive, but why do we need wavedashing back? It IS an exploit...
The developers discovered it and decided to keep it in the game :p

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The people who are butthurt about modded Brawl being used competitively need to get educated about competitive gaming. It happens all the time. Nobody wants to hear "anyone who does ___ or plays without ___ is ********/lollable." The people will pay to enter tournaments for what they want to play; they aren't going to blindly listen to your blanket statements, so you shouldn't toss them around. If they want to play modded Brawl then they will, and it will develop its own competitive standard. People can play both, quit yer bitchin.

That said, only post if you want to express your opinion, if you want to ask questions, or if you want to be constructive.

If we would have done this back in the day with Melee, I wonder what we would have changed. Maybe stop Pichu from hurting himself when he attacks, because he was hopelessly low tier as it was.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
The developers discovered it and decided to keep it in the game :p
Let's not start that debate again >_> (I personally think you're right, but I'm just saying it'll open up a whole other debate that's not really relevant here)
Haha, nice.

If we would have done this back in the day with Melee, I wonder what we would have changed.
Probably removed that laggy L-cancelling in favor of Z-cancelling, made more hitstun, and reduced DI (it's ridiculous in Melee!)
Maybe stop Pichu from hurting himself when he attacks, because he was hopelessly low tier as it was.
... And that.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Wow it works SO MUCH BETTER in heavy brawl. kudos to whoever suggested that.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
If the will of the people is there, of course. Don't act like its impossible (though it is unlikely).
SB stays no hacks. If they won’t allow tripping why would they allow this? This would change game play, tactics, characters. It won’t happen. This is brawl not melee.

If you're going to come in here with posts like that first one you made, expect a heated response
From one person over a change in a dodge mechanic? Okay.

On topic, is this based on traction? Also this won't work well for people who are getting edge guarded because they have to get hit or die. So this restricts people’s options in the air?

person701

Smash Journeyman
Oh, Lord. Meta Knight is now invincible.
lmao

yea there is! i completely forgot till now, and everyone has it, even rob!

the animation where your in the air when u break ur shield. easiest way to see it, go to smashville, stand on the platform, hold ur shield till u break it, and ul fall to the ground (youl see it longer than normal cause the moving platform will move so ur not over it anymore and ul fall to the main stage. if you implement that state, but make it so your shield isnt broken when u hit the ground from a air dodge, there ya go. done deal
Good find, may work too. Except have you taken into consideration of any possible loop holes? I.e. like the toadstool jump one.

... Wow, I remember when we had that thread about the USB Gecko Project, and it all turned into a ****storm about how we're *******izing the game.... What's with the change? Now everyone's on the "let's make a new ruleset even if it's not standard" bandwagon. I guess I'm glad but it's kind of irritating.
Wow, you're so right.

And btw, why are we calling this hacked AT an AT? Shouldn't it be "HAT"?

List left to do with hacks:
-Crouch Canceling
-L- Canceling
-Here's one no one's mentioned. Being able to FF projectiles.
-Possiblelity of being able to cancel into shield stright from the dash (like in Melee, in Brawl you have to wait till after the dash).

Brawl will never be as good as Melee because it set the standard, but if this becomes the standard, it'll be sick.

As a final note, I just relized the acronym of my AT statement above xD

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Please leave. You're contributing nothing to this thread. We don't care that you disapprove of WDing; we know that your kind exists already.
My deepest apologies. In any case, it IS impressive and interesting that the code is applicable to the game and that it replicates the original mechanics so well, and I applaude the founder.

The people who are butthurt about modded Brawl being used competitively need to get educated about competitive gaming. It happens all the time. Nobody wants to hear "anyone who does ___ or plays without ___ is ********/lollable." The people will pay to enter tournaments for what they want to play; they aren't going to blindly listen to your blanket statements, so you shouldn't toss them around. If they want to play modded Brawl then they will, and it will develop its own competitive standard. People can play both, quit yer bitchin.
While modded Wiis are nothing more than an optional rule, it is preferred among most to keep mods far away from competition. Though you are right. If the entire room wants to play that way, then I suppose it'd be for the best for that room to play using those modifications; though it should be noted afterwards that that specific tournament used said mods. I don't want to argue about anything, so I'll just shut up now before anything bad happens.

Foxy

Smash Master
Gotta applaud Phantom Wings, he's been phenomenal so far with his hacks. I may have been able to get to this first if I wasn't looking for hitstun, but it's fantastic that someone got it at last.

Speaking of the devil, has anyone formulated more ideas regarding hitstun? Obviously there's no single value to modify and it's not related to flinch. Gah.

Hitstun
+ L Cancel
+ Longer Dashdance
+ Crouch Cancel
+ Faster Fall Speed
+ Earlier Fast Falls
+ Earlier Ledge Actions
= Almost a perfect game.

Most of the stuff on that list is pretty easy, I could do some of it with my partner if we got back into doing some hacking work once I'm less raepd by school.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Chris. You should already know I said ALTERNATE STANDARD!
How many times do I have to say this? It's CHIS

This isn't worth making a sub-board. Why can't people get over the fact that this will never be melee. This isn't our game. This is a game made by Sakurai made for us. Mading possible tatics over a hack is ridiculous.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
And btw, why are we calling this hacked AT an AT? Shouldn't it be "HAT"?
YEHS!
My deepest apologies. In any case, it IS impressive and interesting that the code is applicable to the game and that it replicates the original mechanics so well, and I applaude the founder.
Thank you for contributing to this thread. I'm sure you can understand my irritation when at least five people have stuck their noses in here solely to bash wavedashing.

This isn't worth making a sub-board. Why can't people get over the fact that this will never be melee. This isn't our game. This is a game made by Sakurai made for us. Mading possible tatics over a hack is ridiculous.

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
So, anyone else trying it on heavy mode? It is seriously 20x better.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Again, if their is enough support for it, it can be done. Just because YOU (and people like you) don't approve doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

Also who cares about Sakurai. SAKURAI DIDN'T WANT US PLAYING BRAWL COMPETITIVELY AT ALL.

Foxy

Smash Master
Gotta applaud Phantom Wings, he's been phenomenal so far with his hacks. I may have been able to get to this first if I wasn't looking for hitstun, but it's fantastic that someone got it at last.

Speaking of the devil, has anyone formulated more ideas regarding hitstun? Obviously there's no single value to modify and it's not related to flinch. Gah.

Hitstun
+ L Cancel
+ Faster Fall Speed
= Almost a perfect game.

Optional extras would be
+ Longer Dashdance
+ Crouch Cancel
+ No Ledge Snap
+ Earlier Fast Falls
+ Earlier Ledge Actions

Some of these would be improvements to the speed/pace of the game and make it more technical but some of them are just hanging on to Melee and aren't necessarily improvements. Brawl should be given just the basic necessities to make it more competitive; then we can wait to see how it becomes unique from Melee, and possibly better. We don't want an identical game.

Most of the stuff on that list is pretty easy, I could do some of it with my partner if we got back into doing some hacking work once I'm less raepd by school.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
somebody remove auto sweespotting from the game please LOL

also wtf still only one vid?

the internet is supposed to be fast for stuff like this sheesh.

also did TC read the post about rather than using free fall from up b animation but using falling animation from a broken shield?

you may not be able to control horizontal momentum at all after you start to fall but at least rob/snake/sonic/gw (i'm assuming they all do it) won't destroy the game lol

MuBa

Smash Lord
So far only ROB destroys the game. All of the other characters are fine.

Also Gimpy, I know this is a bit early in terms of asking this question but, do you think it would be a feasible idea to ask the SBR whether a Melee 2.0 would be good for tournaments?

Also if I had a capture card, I owuld have definitely showed wavedashing with every character.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Having watched that Luigi video I'm actually very excited at the prospect of that being in Brawl. Infact I'm disappointed it isn't...

This has probably been said before but can someone confirm for me...is multiple air dodging still available with this hack? Or is it like Melee where you can only air dodge once and then you're in helpless state?

If there's multiple air dodges available...if it's like Melee air dodging, wouldn't it possible to contiually air dodging diagonall upwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom