• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"We just love being mean!" - The Koopalings invade Smash 4

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Kind of fitting that the first female villain in Smash is from the Mario series. I was banking on Medusa, but this is kind of more appropriate.
I'm still sad that sakurai choose an overrated color swap before the Goddess of Darkness. She could have easily been a Palutena clone. She's a villain in 2 games and main villain in the 1st kid Icarus. While dark pit is just an overrated color swap from 1 game.

Most people would prefer medusa over DP any day.

Rant over...

I'll accept Wendy Koopa! :)

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Hey guys! Alph really is an alt. for Captain Olimar! And not only that, but the game itself really does seem to (technically) count Alph as his own character! Announcing his name and having his name on the CSS! This means that the Koopalings will more than likely get the exact same treatment when you switch to one of them from Bowser Jr.! So once again, KOOPALINGS CONFIRMED!!!:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful: :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Indeed. Also back to Larry being on his Koopa Clown Car, try to look closely at the color of his pilot borders and the propeller. It appears to be cyan. This seems to prove further that the Koopalings get their own colored Clown Cars.

Anyway, came here to post these icons from an ongoing project to support your Koopalings.

4 so far though. Larry and Wendy might come tomorrow, Morton is bit more difficult bite due losing his hair strands when I try to edit him out from his black borders. Thanks for your patience!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Indeed. Also back to Larry being on his Koopa Clown Car, try to look closely at the color of his pilot borders and the propeller. It appears to be cyan. This seems to prove further that the Koopalings get their own colored Clown Cars.

Anyway, came here to post these icons from an ongoing project to support your Koopalings.

4 so far though. Larry and Wendy might come tomorrow, Morton is bit more difficult bite due losing his hair strands when I try to edit him out from his black borders. Thanks for your patience!
We thank you for all your efforts, YoungHorsetail. Let's just hope by next Friday/Saturday, your efforts to do this for us will not have been in vain. Since someone will eventually unlock Jr., we'll see if the Koopalings are alts. for Jr. or not.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I need that Roy in my sig. NEED it.

C'mon, Friday...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You can still use mine meantime until we get official renders of the Koopalings. Kinda improbable though unless the life icons are in SSB4 and can be ripped from there as well.
I'm sure we'll get official renders of them. I mean we've gotten official renders of Wireframe Mac and Swimsuit Shulk, so actual alt characters should definitely get them.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Our saviour proof in the leak pictures to give fleetway to us looking forward to Koopalings, its the classic, cheatsy favourite of Bowser, Larry Koopa for #TeamLarry!

I'm having too fun with these.

Wendy comes next soon. I'll then try my hands at Morton the next days.

EDIT: Wendy ready! @ smashkirby smashkirby , if you could help me to avoid double posting...

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Our saviour proof in the leak pictures to give fleetway to us looking forward to Koopalings, its the classic, cheatsy favourite of Bowser, Larry Koopa for #TeamLarry!

I'm having too fun with these.

Wendy comes next soon. I'll then try my hands at Morton the next days.

EDIT: Wendy ready! @ smashkirby smashkirby , if you could help me to avoid double posting...
Beautiful! Team Larry is best team.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Beautiful! Team Larry is best team.
Thanks very much. I keep seeing Larry as most "ordinary", but I'm happy he has fans.

Moving on:

Surly, girly and the first one to ever take the pricelessly sought title of being first female villain to be playable in Smash, it's the queen of the sea resorts, Wendy O.Koopa for #TeamWendy!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If by most ordinary, you mean the one with the best hair style, color, and facial expressions, then yes, most ordinary...

But I must say, your icon work is top-notched.
Yep. His voice makes me think fo someone with TR's Meowth's personality. (also the looks).

And thanks. It's mostly a little bit of editing of the ripped MK8-character select icons of these Koopalings, but I always make sure they look as "official" as the character icons here in order to avoid them popping out too much. Talking of the size in particular. I'm liking the results so far. So seamless.

Now to wait (and hope) we see the Koopalings for real. But here's where Larry's cyan-colored Clown Car Trophy comes in to give bit of a boost to legitimacy. Larry's our hero. (How fitting for first, and last Koopaling in his first appearances)

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Yep. His voice makes me think fo someone with TR's Meowth's personality. (also the looks).

And thanks. It's mostly a little bit of editing of the ripped MK8-character select icons of these Koopalings, but I always make sure they look as "official" as the character icons here in order to avoid them popping out too much. Talking of the size in particular. I'm liking the results so far. So seamless.

Now to wait (and hope) we see the Koopalings for real. But here's where Larry's cyan-colored Clown Car Trophy comes in to give bit of a boost to legitimacy. Larry's our hero. (How fitting for first, and last Koopaling in his first appearances)
The Koopalings were the best pat about MK8's roster. I think the Larry trophy pretty much cements their position as alts for the little B. Why go to the trouble of making a kart that doesn't even exist canonically otherwise?

smashkirby

Smash Hero

That's basically what I've been trying to put into words! Larry is pretty much our hero! He gave us the one indication that all 7 Koopalings may be playable. I mean, like The King of Skulls said, why would Sakurai need to make an effort to give Larry a Clown Car when he's never seen driving one in the Mario games? Also, the Wii Fit Trainer also has a trophy of the Male trainer. Why would you need that need that when the Female is the main focus?:awesome:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I think I already have the team colors down: Either Larry or Ludvig will be Blue, Iggy or Bowser Jr. will be Green, and Roy or Wendy will be Red. Hopefully it's both for each team color, since Wario got two team colors and probably will in SSB4. This would allow some more freedom of choice when doing doubles.

This may have already been covered/asked before (in fact I remember Wendy being a popular pick), but which Koopaling do you naturally gravitate towards, and why?

I'm a huge fan of Ludwig, with Roy being a close second. I like Ludvig's nature and MK8 stunt poses, and his masterful use of magic as seen in the games in which he's a boss denote his seniority among the Koopalings. I like Roy's appearance and attitude, though I really wish he were purple instead of Pink lol.

Let's also hope the narrator pronounces "Ludwig" correctly when he is selected or wins a match (for those that don't know, it's pronounced "LOOT-VICK" or more colloquially "LOOD-VIG").

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I think I already have the team colors down: Either Larry or Ludvig will be Blue, Iggy or Bowser Jr. will be Green, and Roy or Wendy will be Red. Hopefully it's both for each team color, since Wario got two team colors and probably will in SSB4. This would allow some more freedom of choice when doing doubles.

This may have already been covered/asked before (in fact I remember Wendy being a popular pick), but which Koopaling do you naturally gravitate towards, and why?

I'm a huge fan of Ludwig, with Roy being a close second. I like Ludvig's nature and MK8 stunt poses, and his masterful use of magic as seen in the games in which he's a boss denote his seniority among the Koopalings. I like Roy's appearance and attitude, though I really wish he were purple instead of Pink lol.

Let's also hope the narrator pronounces "Ludwig" correctly when he is selected or wins a match (for those that don't know, it's pronounced "LOOD-VIG").
I though team colours weren't necessary anymore thanks to the coloured outline that'll probably carry over to the Wii U version. We can have Iggy, Larry and Wendy all on the same team if we choose to.

WENDY (I've covered this multiple times and you also said it yet it still feels good to acknowledge that Wendy most likely will be an alt) I usually have "I'm a boss a*s b*tch" playing in my head when I think of her and the whole MK8 attitude with that pink bow and those accessories really work for her. Plus first playable female villain in Smash and I just generally like pink, feminine, strong characters.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I think I just came up with another reason as to why the Koopa Kids (Koopalings) may be playable. I remember, during the trailer of SSB4 for 3DS at E3 2014, there was a quick stint of the trailer showing off various trophies, and guess what was also shown as a trophy? The MALE Wii Fit Trainer. Now you tell me, why is this in the game if the FEMALE Wii Fit Trainer is the "main focus" of the two? Also, he appears to be performing one of the attacks they share. The Koopalings wouldn't need to share the Koopa Clown Car that JR. IS USING in a trophy unless they were at least playable, right?

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
And you know what's funny? Larry is the youngest, and the first one fought in Super Mario Bros. 3. I think him being revealed as the first Koopaling may have been orchestrated, but that's just me lol.

At this point, all the evidence points to the Koopalings being playable in a capacity everyone can enjoy.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Hey guys, I think I just came up with another reason as to why the Koopa Kids (Koopalings) may be playable. I remember, during the trailer of SSB4 for 3DS at E3 2014, there was a quick stint of the trailer showing off various trophies, and guess what was also shown as a trophy? The MALE Wii Fit Trainer. Now you tell me, why is this in the game if the FEMALE Wii Fit Trainer is the "main focus" of the two? Also, he appears to be performing one of the attacks they share. The Koopalings wouldn't need to share the Koopa Clown Car that JR. IS USING in a trophy unless they were at least playable, right?
Additionally, wouldn't it be easier to make one trophy where all of them ride the same cart, label it the Koopalings, and call it a plum day? It'd be like the Prime Hun-

Oh wait, they each got their own trophy. Well, it'd be like the Pikmi-

No, they got their own trophies too...

Kind of li-

Aw, screw it.

I never understood why Larry is the youngest is he's taller than Lemmy, who looks like he's bloody 3 and a half.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Additionally, wouldn't it be easier to make one trophy where all of them ride the same cart, label it the Koopalings, and call it a plum day? It'd be like the Prime Hun-

Oh wait, they each got their own trophy. Well, it'd be like the Pikmi-

No, they got their own trophies too...

Kind of li-

Aw, screw it.

I never understood why Larry is the youngest is he's taller than Lemmy, who looks like he's bloody 3 and a half.
Luigi is taller than Mario, and younger. Size isn't that good of an indicator of age in the Mario universe. Hell, Ludwig is smaller than Roy, Morton, and Iggy, but still older.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
And you know what's funny? Larry is the youngest, and the first one fought in Super Mario Bros. 3. I think him being revealed as the first Koopaling may have been orchestrated, but that's just me lol.

At this point, all the evidence points to the Koopalings being playable in a capacity everyone can enjoy.
Wow...You know what? I actually thought the VERY same thing for about a week, but I sort of ignored the idea after a while.:laugh: Oh, well. I have to admit though, you have a point, sometimes it feels like Larry Koopa is the most advertised Koopaling, so yeah, maybe this was orchestrated....:smirk: Still, like you said, all of this seems to point to Larry and his brothers and sister (personally counting Jr. as his little bro. Darn my headcanon!:laugh:) as all being playable! We should also give some credit to Captain Olimar and Alph for obvious reasons.:smirk: Now we don't have to be afraid that the announcer won't "truly" acknowledge the Koopalings anymore, if Alph's recent "confirmation" is any indication, It looks like they'll all be referred to as "separate" characters by the announcer! I can't wait to see them playable! It's been so long since I've been this hype for playable characters! Now all I need is Bandana Dee:)......

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Wow...You know what? I actually thought the VERY same thing for about a week, but I sort of ignored the idea after a while.:laugh: Oh, well. I have to admit though, you have a point, sometimes it feels like Larry Koopa is the most advertised Koopaling, so yeah, maybe this was orchestrated....:smirk: Still, like you said, all of this seems to point to Larry and his brothers and sister (personally counting Jr. as his little bro. Darn my headcanon!:laugh:) as all being playable! We should also give some credit to Captain Olimar and Alph for obvious reasons.:smirk: Now we don't have to be afraid that the announcer won't "truly" acknowledge the Koopalings anymore, if Alph's recent "confirmation" is any indication, It looks like they'll all be referred to as "separate" characters by the announcer! I can't wait to see them playable! It's been so long since I've been this hype for playable characters! Now all I need is Bandana Dee:)......
The only difference between lil B and the Koopalings is that only one of them will be getting an Amiibo.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Actually to clear the confusion on Male Wii Fit Trainer being shown. Wii fit trainer(both genders) have various trophies of them doing yoga poses. These different poses are actually different trophies for the Wii Fit series.

Wii Fit honestly has no other trophy material to work with besides Wii Fit Trainer, Wii Fit balance Board and that piggy bank? Lol

I'm guessing they added Yoga Poses as trophies to add more trophies to the Wii Fit Trophy count.,

That's why male wii fit was shown because he's doing a yoga pose and his trophy I believe is named after that yoga pose rather then being called wii fit trainer.

This however doesn't make the Koopalings rumor fake or destroy it because we already have Alph as a character alt(which the leak said) and proof of Larry in bowser Jr's clown car(which Larry never uses).

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, 2 more days. (Or is it one more day?) until release. Let's all pray that Sakurai (and to an extent, the leaker), weren't trolling us about the Koopalings being playable alts. for Jr.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Well, 2 more days. (Or is it one more day?) until release. Let's all pray that Sakurai (and to an extent, the leaker), weren't trolling us about the Koopalings being playable alts. for Jr.
I see no reason why not. So far, the leak has been 100% accurate. The Koopalings being fake would make me more salty than finding out Meta Knight's Galacta Knight alt was just a recolor.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I see no reason why not. So far, the leak has been 100% accurate. The Koopalings being fake would make me more salty than finding out Meta Knight's Galacta Knight alt was just a recolor.
Good point...It would probably be the one thing that would make me saltier than all the de-confirmations we had during the Smash Direct in April.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Good point...It would probably be the one thing that would make me saltier than all the de-confirmations we had during the Smash Direct in April.
Unlike a vast majority of people, I didn't have very many I was rooting for back in April. However, the prospect as me flying around as a blue mohawked Koopa punching my middle school bullies in the face has gotten me to the point it'd make me physically sick if it weren't true.

I mean, we have Lil B, but he doesn't have the same rocking hair or zany eyes.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
OH YEAH BABY!!!:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful: Say, should this thread be renamed to reflect the Koopalings' "confirmation"?

Last edited:
Top Bottom