• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Lucario

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Phil is conducting SCIENCE!!

Anyways, im a bit surprised on how long it took to get lucario posted, and yet only 1 1/2 half pages of him we're discussed.
idk, thats just me.
Glad he's out now, and we're all content.
(oh and great job Hawk!)
-t2

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
The SBR has been kinda busy putting the Tier List together, which is probably why there aren't more posts.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The SBR has been kinda busy putting the Tier List together, which is probably why there aren't more posts.
That and we pretty much covered most of what could be said... and don't really feel the need to post just to post.

Well, not in these threads anyway.

cutter

Smash Champion
One of the things that I like about Lucario is his very fast grab attack. It's great because you can grab your opponent at high %, spam grab attacks (don't throw) and all of Lucario's moves kill again. It's really, really good IMO.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
That and we pretty much covered most of what could be said... and don't really feel the need to post just to post.

Well, not in these threads anyway.
Yea true, well I don't chill with you guys so I wouldn't know. hahaha.
And good luck with the Tier list, thats going to be a blast.
-t2

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
^ O my sweet Jesus, what has humanity come to? ^

That reminds me of the Scientology episode of South Park where everybody started saying "O my science" instead of "O my god"
iirc that was the episode where cartman went to the future

Charizard's rock smash kinda ruines that theory.
nope, that's the exception to every rule thus proving the rule

Milln

Smash Champion
A Lucario discussion that I was not permitted to be involved with directly before a (final) summary was posted to the public. I am not happy.

But oh well.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
It'll happen some day, for some of us on the cario boards.
Not worry milln, be happy that you have some kind of name.
Others that want one, don't have one.
-t2

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Since I didn't feel like making a whole thread for it... how do my fellow Lucarios feel about his placement on the tier list?

I think he's about in place, although this will probably cut down on the underestimation factor, which I'd sincerely miss.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I still think he could be placed a bit higher.
Its just we dont have enough ppl doing good in tourneys, emphasis on enough players.
We're doing fine, its like like a group of lucario's vs a wave of MK's and Snakes. (think 300)
But we could be doing better.

And its only v.01, theres still going to be tweaks here and there, depending on how the next few months go.
-t2

tedward2000

Smash Champion
haha that vid was like expected then... Oh Shi!!
-iT2

*edit
heh on the iPod touch I cant highlight, so anything covered in black I can't see.
doesn't mean I can't come back later and see it though.

M@v

Subarashii!
Lucario is an awesome character. He has so many great qualities. For one, the fact he gets stronger as he takes damage is a huge asset. If Lucario can survive a stock long enough, he can seriously wreck the other guy. Lucario really doesn't need to approach thanks to his aura sphere, but when he does, he has no shortage of moves. Fair has high priority and is one of my favorite aerials of lucarios. You use it twice in a shorthop as well. Dair(nicknamed sim-sim-salabim by me and my friends since Lucario crosses his arms like a genie), has maddening priority. It almost rivals G&W's dreaded turtle in priority IMO. Its hitbox is small however. He has a modest recovery, made much better by wall clinging. All his smashes have kill potential, but they all have a kinda slow start, and end lag. What makes him shine is his uair and dair at higher percents. These moves can dish out KO pain when lucario is higher up in %s.
His force palm(side B) can be combod from neutral A(a-a-side b). Lucario's side b can even chaingrab some characters to about 20%.

His counter is kinda crappy, but it can be useful. Use it when they least expect it. Ive gotten a fair share of kill with counter when I used it when they hit me with a KO move.

Time for the weaknesses:
He has a very hard time killing when he is at lower percents.
Can be easy to edgeguard if the lucario player isnt careful. I like to fair an opponent trying to edgeguard me. It usually out prioritizes whatever they are trying to do.

But anyway, Lucario=great character.

Browny

Smash Hater
fun facts:
Lucario is the only 2-jump character who can SH triple aerial (fair, dair, dair) and double jump 7-aerial (fair, dair, dair, fair, dair x3), all with no landing lag whatsoever of course :D

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
His force palm(side B) can be combod from neutral A(a-a-side b). Lucario's side b can even chaingrab some characters to about 20%.
20% is the average for floaties, 35% for mids, 50% for heavies and 60% for snake (but he can drop a nade to make you have to combo afterwards faster:mad:)

Time for the weaknesses:
He has a very hard time killing when he is at lower percents.
Can be easy to edgeguard if the lucario player isnt careful. I like to fair an opponent trying to edgeguard me. It usually out prioritizes whatever they are trying to do.

But anyway, Lucario=great character.
yep, hard to KO (at low percents) and recovery are the overall feelings about him

---i took off the first part because i frankly had nothing to say about it

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Did you hacked or something? Because it looks great!! Do a shiny color variation of Lucario?

And I wanted to try fighting the "dark" Lucario you face in SSE in the Great Maze in a normal brawl. I know it involves hacks, but is there a way to do this without corrupting save files. And what stuff do I need to do this? BTW, I have North American version.

Also, Lucario's crawl is quite low, it can even avoid Razyguaga (can't spell that Pokemon boss in SSE) ExtremeSpeed and Ridley's rush attack. Well, not really, when trying to play in Very Hard, these attacks still hit me even if I crawl. I thought crawling suppose to avoid such boss attacks.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Lucario is a bit below average. His projectile doesn't do much damge, his counter isn't very effective. His attacks aren't strong and aren't very good for attacking people. His up b can cancel if it hits a ceiling. His side b is pretty strong though.

Overall, Lucario isn't a very good character, and I wouldn't recommend using him.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Lucario is a bit below average. His projectile doesn't do much damAge, O RLY? Then how can it KO for me all the time when I need it to? and please explain how 22% around 100ish doesn't do much damage his counter isn't very effective.True, it can help in a pinch and surprise though :DHis attacks aren't strong and aren't very good for attacking people.olol wut? please explain
His up b can cancel if it hits a ceiling. Aren't all characters not named MK, Pit, or ROB screwed when their recoveries are anviled? :/ His side b is pretty strong though.his SideB is is pimp

Overall, Lucario isn't a very good character, and I wouldn't recommend using him.
I hope you actually used him in matches and DIDN'T just go to training mode and played around with 0% Lucario. :p

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Lucario is a bit below average. His projectile doesn't do much damge, his counter isn't very effective. His attacks aren't strong and aren't very good for attacking people. His up b can cancel if it hits a ceiling. His side b is pretty strong though.

I will name everything wrong with this post.

Everything, except that you spelt lucairo right.

Lucario is High tier for many reasons.
1. He can go hand and hand with everyone in the cast, give or take.
2. His projectile is insanely strong, one of the best in the game, and one of lucario's best Ko'ers.
3. His counter is effective, just hard to use and not used very often.
4. If his attacks are not very good for attacking ppl, what are they good for? Making Toast?
5. He has a aura boost. Which means after awhile he will get stronger. At -2 stock and 172% he is the STRONGEST in the game. But that is at peak, at normal peak, He is still extremely strong. (at 172% any stock, full AS does 26%)
6. At the beginning yes, he's weak, but it means he can chain. Later, he can kill. Weak? Naw.
7. UpB is UpB, im not going to cover that. Yes it doesnt do damage, but it clings, curves so and so forth. It makes him fly.
8. Side-B is ok. It could be better, but its a bit slow, and risky to use just straight off.
9.His aerials are also some of the best in the game, namely Fair and Dair.
10. Smashes are slow, but they are powerful and have range. Jabs are great, tilts are even better.
11. Its Lucario, can't get better then that.

If you where being sarcastic, then it wasn't funny.
Hope this clarifies things!
-t2

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is a bit below average. His projectile doesn't do much damge, his counter isn't very effective.
Are you kidding me?!! Lucario's counter is the strongest in the game and Aura Sphere deal decent knockback and relatively strong.

On the other hand, can anyone give me tips on doing Boss Battles in Very Hard/Intense difficulty with Lucario.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord

Words cannot express how wrong you are.

But this can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhVva68JrMY

Top Bottom