• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Lucario

mimic_king

Smash Lord
ok well i didn't check the date. i never check the date on anything. i necropost a lot thanks to me not checking the date. so how else was i supposed to know that that vid was created a long time ago? (dont say check the date. why am i even saying that? i know someone will say check the date)

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Everything, except that you spelt lucairo right.
you didn't even spell lucario right. i know you meant that as a joke(hopefully), but at least make it funny

and i double posted. i didn't feel like editing my other post to add this in. now you're going to complain about how i double post.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
ok well i didn't check the date. i never check the date on anything. i necropost a lot thanks to me not checking the date. so how else was i supposed to know that that vid was created a long time ago? (dont say check the date. why am i even saying that? i know someone will say check the date)
Don't ask a question that you could have easily answered for yourself and then complain that you were too lazy and/or incompetent to do so.

By the same token, don't come to a character discussion and act like you know anything about them when you clearly don't.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
now i wasn't complaining. i was just explaining that i didn't check the date, so i didn't know. i wasn't necessarily complaining that it wasn't my fault i didn't check the date, although it may have sounded like that.

And lucario's counter may be strong, but it's obvious when he's going to do it and it leaves him vulnerable. plus it sometimes fails.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
5 times...5 times.

5 times?

5 times. 5 times!

Raiken

Smash Cadet
And lucario's counter may be strong, but it's obvious when he's going to do it and it leaves him vulnerable. plus it sometimes fails.
lolwut

With any good lucario that i've seen its not even remotely obvious when they will use it; given that it does make you vulnerable though, and it can miss.(Which is why it is used very sparingly)

In fact, i used it as a final blow in a tourney match yesterday and won because i tricked the opponent i was playing into falling for it(Which to my knowledge is the entire point of the move). Anyone watching would of said it wasn't obvious at all that i was about to use it.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
you didn't even spell lucario right. i know you meant that as a joke(hopefully), but at least make it funny

and i double posted. i didn't feel like editing my other post to add this in. now you're going to complain about how i double post.
Yes, I didn't spell it right for a reason. It was a joke. And no, it wasn't very funny.

And no, no ones going to flame you for double posting.
We'll do that for other reasons.
-t2

mimic_king

Smash Lord
haha. im staying on these forums. not to troll like on the yoshi and pit forums. they pretty much kicked me off of their turf.

you know what? lucario's not that bad, but i still dont like to use him, since i have had a bad exp. with that.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I have said this many times. IC's are completely misunderstood. They are amazing. End of statement.

Now I don't want to turn this into an IC's thread, so let's take this somewhere else. Shall I say, to the IC discussion thread?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
doesent change the fact that you need experience (and practice) to main IC's

mimic_king

Smash Lord
not really. now lets stay on subject and talk about lucario.

lucario has a very powerful side b which can come in handy as a punishment.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
You know what, let's not. Putting it as gently as possible, you obviously don't even come close to knowing enough about Lucario to talk about him. Please stop.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
not really. now lets stay on subject and talk about lucario.

lucario has a very powerful side b which can come in handy as a punishment.
What is a punishment to you?

to me... a punishment is the concequence of a penatly... or... as most see it... a counter...i do not see this in FP.

FP i see as a great link AFTER many diffrent types of moves(tilts + jabs spesifically)...... It is perhaps the only link move in the game aside from shiek and CF that links to itself so consecitively that its somewhat scary (to bad all are dodgeable because of directional input with floaty chars >_<) but.... also it has a very short range...

Im sorry but I cannot see FP as a punishment...

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Mimic and Milln need to get together or something.
Cause the both of you are on a quest to give FP a better name.

We say its not all that great, but who knows we might be proved elsewise and you and Milln can pull a "Told ya so, B!tches!"

@2skiled
And FP is Lucario's longest grab. Which isn't saying much compared to a missing grab range. But its still the longest both on the ground and Net catching (grabbing them out of the air).
-t2

Milln

Smash Champion
Mimic and Milln need to get together or something.
Cause the both of you are on a quest to give FP a better name.

We say its not all that great, but who knows we might be proved elsewise and you and Milln can pull a "Told ya so, B!tches!"

@2skiled
And FP is Lucario's longest grab. Which isn't saying much compared to a missing grab range. But its still the longest both on the ground and Net catching (grabbing them out of the air).
-t2
Don't lump me in with him, please. He's clueless.

Also, Force Palm Grab is great.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Milln, find a way to grab in the air with FP.
Please? :3

Okay, kidding. I'm trying to work it into my game without overusing it. But other than early-on chaingrabs I haven't been able to be especially effective with it.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
No it hasnt happened.
Unless you can make a platform out of the air, then you can FPG.
But other then that, no you cannot.
-t2

mimic_king

Smash Lord
okay i was wrong about the punishment, but his side be can be used as a chain grab. thus, it is potentially powerful

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
QUESTION!

This confuses me greatly... has anyone experienced random breakfalls during ES while close to the ground or TRIPING during ES when close to the ground?
and has anyone seen lucario use DT... but flies backwards instead of his forward kick?

what is there that i dont know?

omg i wish i could get vids...

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
There's a glitch with Luc's DT where if you're against certain walls or angled platforms you'll DT backwards. You can also change the direction Luc approaches by tapping the opposite direction just after triggering DT.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Im having trouble with Toon Link
I battled one today and couldnt get passed the swarms of arrows and boomerangs:(
Ane he completely destroyed me with aerials too.
What can I do to beat TL?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im having trouble with Toon Link
I battled one today and couldnt get passed the swarms of arrows and boomerangs:(
Ane he completely destroyed me with aerials too.
What can I do to beat TL?
No Bombs??
Dodging, DT'ing or just shielding the items is a great way to start.

Lucairo has overall better range, how you got completly destroyed in the air is beyond me. Perhaps it was that you where doing the same moves tricefold, and thus made you predictable. If you have to really, stop in mid chain, and back off, allowing you to "mindgame" the TL with a different move.

If you keep TL guessing on what you'll do next, he'll begin to do moves that cover all moves. Then TL is the predictable one.

AS is your friend. TL's items will stop most AS, but the same advantage works for Lucario. Meaning your spam happy toon link, will no longer have those safeguards to help him. Its a loss on both sides, but a bigger casualty on TL's side of the match.
-t2

Top Bottom