• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well, there is a new thread that will be CONSISTENTLY UPDATED(I hope), so go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Useful bump is useful.

Alright, the new pac is up. Whether or not it deserves a new version number is debatable.

Changes:
USmash and DSmash have an aura graphic effect.
Bair has 5 more Base Knockback and last longer.
UTaunt now has bubbles and a snoring sound.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Useful bump is useful.

Alright, the new pac is up. Whether or not it deserves a new version number is debatable.

Changes:
USmash and DSmash have an aura graphic effect.
Bair has 5 more Base Knockback and last longer.
UTaunt now has bubbles and a snoring sound.
*downloads*

The cosmetics are pretty nice. Is it possible to add the fire/explosion effects to Skull bash?

We should also try ILoveCelebi's idea for DTilt (having it hit away from Pichu like its Melee couterpart for edgeguarding purposes).

There's also a problem with FSmash: If you hold Shield while you're being hit by the multi-hitting shocks, you will always Powershield the final hit. While you should be able to SDI out before the final hit lands, you shouldnt be able to stop the FSmash by just holding shield. That makes it way too easy to avoid being killed by it imo. =/

I also have another idea: What if we slowed the rapid jab down a bit, but gave it some IASA for DTilt? If you're opponent shields your jabs and get pushed far enough, you could try to Dtilt afterwards to shieldpoke or catch them offguard...maybe.
:005:

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Skull Bash only has one hitbox so you can only use one graphic effect :/

I'll try to fix FSmash and try out the Dtilt and jab ideas tommorow.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Not a bump.

Alright, Magus figured out most of the throw parameters. What changes, if any, do you want to see done to Pichu's throws?

On a side note, the Dtilt change is done and FSmash can't be powershielded every time now. I'm still trying to figure out the jab to Dtilt IASA change.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
That was a really bad typo on my part. I meant to say that FSmash can't be powershielded in the next version.

Are there any throw changes you would want?

Rudra

Smash Ace
I think we should try giving bthrow a bit of a steeper angle. It already doesnt kill till late, but I was curious as to whether or not we could bring back Bthrow>Thunderjolt on some characters (you can already do it with Fthrow sometimes, but Bthrow is much more likely to be used so...). Not really a necessity, but it would be cool to try it. ;)

As for Fthrow. It could do less damage, but in return, it should be slightly chain-able. (Definately would have been better if she'd hurt herself though) I was thinking that it would do about 4% or so (without Aura) but would gain increased damage (8-12%?) with it. Without Aura, you should be able to re-grab about 2-3 times before they go into tumble and have to DI down away to tech it. You'd have to tech chase them to grab again or follow up with something else. With Aura (first multiplier I guess), you'll only get to grab twice at most, and with the highest multiplier, Fthrow will probably send the enemy into tumble at 0%, but will do its maximum damage.

At least thats how I see it...

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Rudra, when you say steeper do you mean a higher or lower angle?

Fthrow should be pretty easy to do, I'll put it in the next build.

@Giygue: I'll try to post a size comparison photo sometime tonight.

Keep the suggestions coming people. :)

Rudra

Smash Ace
Rudra, when you say steeper do you mean a higher or lower angle?

Fthrow should be pretty easy to do, I'll put it in the next build.

@Giygue: I'll try to post a size comparison photo sometime tonight.

Keep the suggestions coming people. :)
Ah, I meant a lower angle.

Did you have any luck on finding how Aura/self damage works?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Thanks for clearing that up, new pac will be up tommorow.

Sadly, no. I've tried all the valued in G&W's Side B and Ike's Neutral B but nothing worked. I still have a few methods I haven't tried yet though.

Rudra

Smash Ace
*bumper.jpg*

To not make this post completely useless, is it possible to change the sound effect for DSmash, seeing as its no longer an electric move?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Yup, and you can add new sound effects too.

School has been pretty hectic so I haven't had much time to work on this. I still need to balance the new FThrow and get the jab to Dtilt IASA working. A new pac should be up tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.

How would you feel about lowering Dthrow's damage from 10% to 9%?It makes Pichu's chaingrab a bit less extreme and still racks damage up nicely.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Yup, and you can add new sound effects too.

School has been pretty hectic so I haven't had much time to work on this. I still need to balance the new FThrow and get the jab to Dtilt IASA working. A new pac should be up tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.

How would you feel about lowering Dthrow's damage from 10% to 9%?It makes Pichu's chaingrab a bit less extreme and still racks damage up nicely.
I see. I'm not to sure what sort of sound effects are usable in their entirety, but if you know a good one that can replace DSmash's current sound, go ahead. As for the Dthrow damage being reduced, I have no problem with that. (if its really that effective as a CG, it could stand to go down to 8% imo)

This weekend, I'll try to convince my friends to play B+ so that I can get some Pichu vids up too. ;)

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Thanks, videos would be great.

I'll release the pac this after noon after I get back from school.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Pichu v1.6

Alright, new pac is up!
I don't have much time to work on this right now so the jab to Dtilt IASA idea will have to wait.

Pichu v1.6

Changes

DSmash: All sound effects removed (will replace with something appropriate at a later time.)

FSmash: Last hit comes out of frame 18 instead of 24 (should stop the powershielding issue)

Dtilt: Angle changed to 20, Base Knockback increased by 20, Knockback Growth increased by 30 (Good GTFO move at mid percents, sets up for edgeguards at higher percents.)

Bthrow: Angle lowered by 10 (should make Bthrow to TJ possible.)

FThrow: Damage reduced to 4, Base Knockback increased by 2, sped up 1.3x starting at frame 16 (can chaingrab 2-3 times, sets up for tech chase afterwards.)

Shield: Size changed from 7 to 6.95 (brought down slightly from Pikachu's size)

Miscellaneous: Model sized on victory screen reduced from 1.33 to 1.15

As always, questions and feedback are welcome. :)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Cool. Did you know that after 2 frames after the charge window Pichu's dsmash in Melee his entire body was invincible until 3 frames later? It started the same time the hitbox came out.

You could probably emulate that by making making the body collision of him intangible when the first hitbox comes out and remove it 3 frames later.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Cool. Did you know that after 2 frames after the charge window Pichu's dsmash in Melee his entire body was invincible until 3 frames later? It started the same time the hitbox came out.

You could probably emulate that by making making the body collision of him intangible when the first hitbox comes out and remove it 3 frames later.
Yeah, I'll put it in the next update. It's been a busy week and there wasn't enough time to put in everything I wanted.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
this PSA hack is awesome! really love what you guys are doing! just a few things I noticed. keep in mind that these are from the 1.5 pac, so I dont know if it's been changed.

I remember melee pichu being able to SH and B with little landing lag. I feel that it lasts too long in the hack, but I guess it's a price for no damage.

pichu's up taunt animation seems choppy. she goes from standing, then appears on the ground asleep, then appears back up, shaking her head. I think the animation is one of the victories poses. maybe it would look better if you used the normal fall asleep and wake up animation (like when you get hit by jiggs's sing)? also, I like the heal idea for the taunt. it helps survive for a few more seconds. :)

why does up and down smash have aura effects? they seem a bit odd. also, d-smash needs a sound. it's just pale without it. maybe a small wind sound or a "pi (pichu)" will do.

Rudra

Smash Ace
The Utaunt idea sounds good. It would make it appear more natural.

DSmash and USmash have aura because we do intend to have an Aura multiplier applied to Pichu's moves when the mechanic is figured out (hopefully, only some of them). DSmash will have a sound effect applied when D.B.K finds something appropriate for it.

I couldnt get any of my friends to play B+. They'd rather play Melee if anything. I did manage to convince one of them to allow me to install it on his SD since his Wii's already softmodded, but he wasnt going to play me till he played it on his own for awhile, so I have to wait till the weekend again...

If you guys want, I could make some vids against the CPUs showing some of Pichu's combos, but I cant do much else till later otherwise.:ohwell:

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I'll try to have a new pac with the UTaunt and Dsmash changes out by Friday, it's been a busy week (school and trying to make a Wolfachu). Anymore suggestions for anything?

Also, BrawlBox now lets you swap animations from any character. Are any animations you think would fit Pichu's moves better than the current ones?

@Rudra: Sure, videos are always helpful.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
You could use mario or luigi's up smash or jigglypuff's up smash to better emulate pichu's up smash.

Rudra

Smash Ace

Also, BrawlBox now lets you swap animations from any character. Are any animations you think would fit Pichu's moves better than the current ones?
Wow....I had no idea that was possible already! I should really lurk moar around the Workshop. o_o Well for starters, I think we should get Pichu's Melee USmash: The headbutt. I think Mario's (Jiggs? Yoshi?) Usmash would do fine for that.

My other ideas:

~Thunder could have Lucario's Utaunt replacing the pose that summons the bolt (bad*** animation for a powerful move)

~Olimar's Utilt (the twirl) could replace Nair (the hitboxes would have to operate similarly to Lucas' Nair).

~Squirtle's Utilt could replace Utilt (seeing as how Pichu's tail is pretty small, it could use its body to pop opponents above her)

~...I lost my trail of thought here. I'll edit if I remember what I was about to say. =P

If we do these or other moveset changes, they should probably be in a seperate .pac to be tested first before intergrating them into the "official" Pichu .pac.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Alright, I just tried out Mario and Luigi's USmash and they're really glitchy (Spaghetti arms, 2 feet taller, etc). I think I'm just going to stick with the Crate throw up animation for USmash.

I'll try out the other one tomorrow and might put out a test pac.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
A test pac is up at the mediafire link if anyone is interested. I've only changed the animations, not the hitboxes.

USmash-Jigglypuff
Utilt-Squirtle
Nair-Olimar
Thunder-Lucario(epic lulz)

I really like how the first three turned out. Thunder is...Manchu like.

Just put the FitPikachuMotionEtc file in the same folder as Pichu and you're good to go.

On a side note, Vile is working on a Pichu model.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
A test pac is up at the mediafire link if anyone is interested. I've only changed the animations, not the hitboxes.

USmash-Jigglypuff
Utilt-Squirtle
Nair-Olimar
Thunder-Lucario(epic lulz)

I really like how the first three turned out. Thunder is...Manchu like.

Just put the FitPikachuMotionEtc file in the same folder as Pichu and you're good to go.
Any takers?

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
sounds like fun! I'll try it out tomorrow
it uses the same FitPikachu.pac file, right?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Yeah, it uses the same FitPikachu file. Just put the FitPikachuMotionEtc file in the same folder.

Rudra

Smash Ace
I tried it, and its pretty lol.

With Nair, you can gain a little extra height out of jumps. USmash is pretty bad due to its low KB and how slow it is (the animation is also a bit glitchy). Thunder is Manchu-like, but sort of cool lol. I'll save a match or two with this experimental pac and record it with the other clips of normal Pichu. (For thursday night, since I dont have my camera atm)

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
they all look really weird... Utilt looks like her head is stretched, Usmash pulls her limbs into her body, Nair looks retarted, and downB looks like Pikaman's daughter... XD

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
they all look really weird... Utilt looks like her head is stretched, Usmash pulls her limbs into her body, Nair looks retarted, and downB looks like Pikaman's daughter... XD
ROFL i lol'd so hard at this XDDD. You're right though, i hope you'll change this soon to good looking animations XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom