• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well, there is a new thread that will be CONSISTENTLY UPDATED(I hope), so go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I'm still here, don't worry! I've just been busier with Doc and Roy lately.

If someone could give me a comprehensive list of what still needs to be done, I could probably find the time this weekend to get at least some of it finished.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Wow, this is going great guys! Theres a Mewtwo, Pichu, Doc, and Roy in the works! w00t!! Plus Models for them all!! But no young link?
That's what I'm doing =D or going to be doing. I made the model but I'm still screwing with PSA atm. I have implemented fire arrows. Except that I can't get them to burn the opponent when hit. but chaerging up looks fine... any ideas? or can that not be done yet? Sorry if it seems off topic but... well, I don't think it is xD

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Is anybody still working on this? I want some Pichu in my Brawl.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hey, can I do the official Model for this? I can supply evidence of my work if necessary. I'm making a beter one, say, one that doesnt float XD It was still cool tho.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I reworked Wanders pac if anyone is interested.

The main change is that Pichu is finally Pichu sized. All of the hitboxes were adjusted accordingly. I also got rid of the disjoint on some of his attacks and halfway implemented a new taunt.

Here's the link for anyone that's interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b8c9391d4392cfe00de4fc1039a01674e04e75f6e8ebb871

Credit goes to Wander for the original pac.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I reworked Wanders pac if anyone is interested.

The main change is that Pichu is finally Pichu sized. All of the hitboxes were adjusted accordingly. I also got rid of the disjoint on some of his attacks and halfway implemented a new taunt.

Here's the link for anyone that's interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b8c9391d4392cfe00de4fc1039a01674e04e75f6e8ebb871

Credit goes to Wander for the original pac.
so, what, are you saying that we dont need the code slashy made anymore? if so, very nice work.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
so, what, are you saying that we dont need the code slashy made anymore? if so, very nice work.
Basically, yes. There's a value in PSA that lets you resize the character model. You can't resize specific body parts but on the bright side there aren't any reverts.

There may be a few hitboxes that aren't quite where they should be. I'll get on it tomorrow sometime.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Basically, yes. There's a value in PSA that lets you resize the character model. You can't resize specific body parts but on the bright side there aren't any reverts.

There may be a few hitboxes that aren't quite where they should be. I'll get on it tomorrow sometime.
Ah, just tested it. Looks pretty good actually.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Wow, this is going great guys! Theres a Mewtwo, Pichu, Doc, and Roy in the works! w00t!! Plus Models for them all!! But no young link?
That's what I'm doing =D or going to be doing. I made the model but I'm still screwing with PSA atm. I have implemented fire arrows. Except that I can't get them to burn the opponent when hit. but chaerging up looks fine... any ideas? or can that not be done yet? Sorry if it seems off topic but... well, I don't think it is xD
You have to change the last digit(s) of teh flag value on the hitbox line to whatever fire is.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
You have to change the last digit(s) of teh flag value on the hitbox line to whatever fire is.
...really? its seriously that simple..? Wait but theres no hitbox line on SpecialNEnd... :?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Wow, thanks! This and Mewtwo might be what I need to dust of B+.....

I'll go ahead and update the first post. Do you have a change list?

EDIT: Updated OP, removed some clutter. I left Wander's PAC up there because.....not sure why, really. But I made it smaller to show it's an older version.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
anything on specialnshoot? I forgot that it's a projectile, so there might not be a way to change it...
Hmm, i dont know Ill check later on. But you might be right, I'm not sure if projectiles actually are editable... I thought it meant just the path of it is uneditable, but... I guess not :( Oh well, I guess I'll hafta skip that for now.

n88

Smash Lord
I didn't fully understand this project when it first started, and I was kind of an ***hole about it. My sincerest apologies.

Could I ask that a changelist from Pikachu be added to the OP? A changelist from another Pichu doesn't help me much.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Thanks for adding my pac to the OP superyoshi. :)

I haven't posted a changelist right now because quite frankly not a lot has changed. The only difference is that Pikachu is Pichu sized now.

I'm mainly looking to the community for moveset changes.

There are a few questions I wanted to ask you guys.

1: Should I give FSmash and USmash a bit more killing power? Right now they don't kill Mario until about 170% from the center of FD.

2: Should I get rid of the spike on Thunder? It only applies to the hitbox on Pichu's body and you get punished if you hit a grounded opponent with it.

If you guys have any suggestions about moveset changes and such let me know and I'll try to add them.

Edit: A Pichu model would be great Vile.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Well, the download link to that Pichu texture doesn't seem to work. Can you reupload it to a different site like Megaupload or Mediafire please? Also, i think that Pichu is one awesome PSA. It combo's so good with Utilt and Uair and QAC is so easy to do. I do have a suggestion, make Fsmash a bit stronger. It's way to weak. I like the Spike on Dair aswell btw :D

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Well, the download link to that Pichu texture doesn't seem to work. Can you reupload it to a different site like Megaupload or Mediafire please?Also, i think that Pichu is one awesome PSA. It combo's so good with Utilt and Uair and QAC is so easy to do. I do have a suggestion, make Fsmash a bit stronger. It's way to weak. I like the Spike on Dair aswell btw :D
Yeah, I plan on doing that tonight. Should I make USmash a bit stronger or leave it as is?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Alright, the new pac is up at the same link as before. I gave Fsmash some much needed killing power and adjusted the size of most hitboxes. UTaunt looks pretty close to Melee's now.

One more thing:

Changelist from Pikachu to Pichu:

Attributes

Model resized from .96 to .75 (about the size of Pichu in Melee) (Hitboxes readjusted accordingly)
Run Initial Velocity 1.765 > 1.85 (Runs faster now)
Air Jump Multiplier 1.00 > .9 (Shorter double jump)
Hop V Initial Velocity 1.736 > 1.5 (Shorter short hop)

Moveset
Jab: Damage reduced from 2 to 1, IASA frames start at 16 instead of 21(Jab is a bit weaker but can be interupted slightly earlier)

Dash Attack: No change

Ftilt: KnockbackGrowth 64 > 60
BaseKnockback 15 > 19 (Kills a little later but has more knockback at lower percents)

Uptilt: Knockback Growth: 124 > 122
BaseKnockback: 40 > 25 (Kills a little later; better at starting combos)

Dtilt: Trajectory 169 > 80 (Sends opponent more upwards)
Knockback Growth 100 > 40
BaseKnockback 12 > 10 (Much less killing power; can set up for comboes easier)

FSmash: Only one hitbox (Will probably make it multihit later on)
Trajectory 70 > 50 (Sends more horizontally)
Damage 14-11 > 10
Knockback Growth 70-60 > 98
BaseKnockback 70-40 > 80 (Kills a little earlier)

USmash: Damage increased by one or two on all hitoxes
KnockbackGrowth- Slightly less (3 to 7) all around
BaseKnockback- Slightly less on the first two hitboxes, slightly more on last hitbox(Kills a little later; a bit better at starting combos)

DSmash: Slightly less range

Nair: KnockbackGrowth 100 > 70
Baseknockback Reduced by 5 (can't kill until very high percents)

Fair: Unchanged

Bair: Unchanged

Uair: Unchanged

Dair: Outer hitbox hits opponent upwards

Thunder: The hitbox around PIkachu's body is now a weak spike.

Cosmetics
New UTaunt animation

Any suggestions and feedback are welcomed.

Rudra

Smash Ace
@Rudra: yeah, it had superarmor frames at the start. Well, it might not have been CALLED SA, but he was invincible for a little bit at the start of his dsmash.
From earlier.

Another interesting possibility would be for his ATJ to do no damage but have a stun effect akin to Zamus's Paralyzer. Since its relatively slow, its readable, and she'd still be taking damage for using it to balance it out.
These were mentioned a little earlier. I know its not possible to edit projectiles yet, but maybe when it is, this could make Pichu's Thunder jolt unique. I was also thinking that while Aerial Thunder Jolt could "Paralyze", the grounded one could insta-knockdown opponents to set up a tech chase (if it travels off of an edge and hits an opponent, it will be a weak Meteor). In return, both would do less damage (or none, for ATJ) than Pikachu's.

Thoughts?
:005:

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Both of those ideas would definitely make Pichu more unique. She still feels a bit too much like Pikachu but theres not much that can be done about it right now. Another thing I would like to test is giving her a Lucario like aura ability, but I haven't figured out how to implement it yet.

I'm going to work on making DSmash a single hit move and Fsmash a multi-hit move tomorrow.

How would you guys feel about replacing her USmash animation with UThrow's?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Can someone please take screenshots and/or videos of the new Pichu? Even 1 would be nice.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I think when pichu should have a taunt that makes him evolve if his % is really high 150% or so.

By evolve i mean like get bigger.

I know this move probably wont happen, but if you do want it, i cant help you guys implement it (all i need to know is the requirement that measures %).

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I've mentioned something similar to it before, but maybe the electrical attacks could start out weak early on and be used for combos and such but as her damage builds the attacks can be used for kos and edge guards.

Also, I'd like to see a headbutt upsmash. And one last thing: could we possibly be able to use Peach's hearts? When we were discussing Pichu's gender earlier in the thread, it wass decided she should be female and I brought up using the hearts in a couple of attacks(usmash, side special) to provide make her a bit more femimine.

Rudra

Smash Ace
And one last thing: could we possibly be able to use Peach's hearts? When we were discussing Pichu's gender earlier in the thread, it wass decided she should be female and I brought up using the hearts in a couple of attacks(usmash, side special) to provide make her a bit more femimine.
That would be awesome. <3
:005:

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I've mentioned something similar to it before, but maybe the electrical attacks could start out weak early on and be used for combos and such but as her damage builds the attacks can be used for kos and edge guards.
Believe me, I'll implement it in a heartbeat once the method is discovered.

I was thinking that the power multiplier could go like this:

20%- 1.1 times power
40%-1.2 times power
60%-1.3 times power
80%-1.4 times power
100%-1.5 times power

Working on the headbutt USmash right now.

I don't think hearts are possible but I'll look into it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
See if there's anyway to copy Lucario's aura effect in PSA, so Pichu's moves behave simlarly

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
New pac is up.
Changes: FSmash is multi-hit, has a slight sweet/sour-spot now. (Edge of thunderbolt is kills a little earlier, center and tail of it slightly worse at killing.)
DSmash is a single hit move.

USmash has UThrow animation (Need some feedback on hit boxes. Are they too big/small?)

@RocketPSIence: I looked through it a bit but didn't see anything that stood out. I also tried out the RA-Float[4] = 12 value in different moves and places but Pichu didn't damage herself.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
You can't use other characters animations.
@PSIence: Nope, nothing changed as far as I could tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom