• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well, there is a new thread that will be CONSISTENTLY UPDATED(I hope), so go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I've mentioned something similar to it before, but maybe the electrical attacks could start out weak early on and be used for combos and such but as her damage builds the attacks can be used for kos and edge guards.

Also, I'd like to see a headbutt upsmash. And one last thing: could we possibly be able to use Peach's hearts? When we were discussing Pichu's gender earlier in the thread, it wass decided she should be female and I brought up using the hearts in a couple of attacks(usmash, side special) to provide make her a bit more femimine.
Should be possible now thanks to BrawlBox

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Besides, we aren't even sure these guys will be tourney legal. If we end up deciding Roy and Doc are only good for friendlies then I'll help design Pichu if the desire is great enough, but if these clones become legal characters then I'm sorry I'll be diverting my skills to another more deserving character.
So? Does it really matter. Most people don't play in tournaments anyway and even more people see competitive Smash and Brawl+ as a joke. Just make it for the same reason everyone wants to make them: to add new characters.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Whether or not Pichu or the other characters are added to the official build or not isnt a concern right now. Only when B+ gets a large following and goes gold will the opportunity even show itself...and thats if the majority of the community wants these extra characters. For now, we should at least make Pichu as viable and interesting as possible.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Whether or not Pichu or the other characters are added to the official build or not isnt a concern right now. Only when B+ gets a large following and goes gold will the opportunity even show itself...and thats if the majority of the community wants these extra characters. For now, we should at least make Pichu as viable and interesting as possible.
This.

So, any moveset or animations suggestions for the next pac? USmash and Thunder are definately going back to the default animation. Working on a new Utaunt as well.

I'm working on getting Peach's hearts to work but no luck so far.

Also, no go on making Pichu's head bigger (for now). You can only edit the size of the entire body or her eyes.

@Rudra: Thanks a lot for the videos.

Rudra

Smash Ace
This.

So, any moveset or animations suggestions for the next pac? USmash and Thunder are definately going back to the default animation. Working on a new Utaunt as well.

I'm working on getting Peach's hearts to work but no luck so far.

@Rudra: Thanks a lot for the videos.

Well, I did notice one thing: I think we made a mistake with Nair's replacement. Instead of Oli's Utilt, we should have used his Nair (they're the same) so that the boost in height doesnt appear and make the move hard to hit with. ^^;

I remember VILE saying something about adjusting the bones to fit the animation or something like that...I wonder how thats done. Maybe it can help make the moveswaps look less misshapen.

Good luck with the hearts. I'm almost certain that its possible, but I have no idea where to look myself. <=/

I also got this from the SMRPG Project's thread:

Well this prospect doesn't interest me so much anymore, but if you'd like... As far as I know, you can't replicate Lucario's Aura effect perfectly yet in PSA (not without an obscene amount of coding) but IC-Basic[2] holds the character's damage %. You can't change this directly or the game will freeze, but you could set a condition, for example, 'If IC-Basic[2] > 50' (which would have to be in hex, I'm assuming, so that would actually be 32), and then make a hitbox that only appears if your damage % is greater than 50. Repeat for other damage levels, and you have an attack that will work differently depending on how much damage you have. I've never actually used this, but it should work.
It could be interesting...making some moves work differently at different percents... Its certainly something to think about at least.

As for the vids, no problem ;)
We should make a video section for the OP to keep track of them and other vids submitted for Pichu+.

:005:

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Since all you are doing is shrinking the parts into nothing, theoretically we can also use this to increase parts?

WOOT! I'm gonna have to post this at the Pichu thread. we can inlarge her head and ears and shrink the tail, to create an more authentic Pichu. I'm happy now!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253874

Yes, read through that thread. I'm fairly sure this is how we will create Pichu's correct body.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
There's one problem: Pichu (Pikachu) only has 5 polygons that you can enlarge/shrink. Polygon 1 is every part of her body except her eyes. Polygons 2 and 3 are her left and right eye. Polygon 3 and 4 don't appear to change anything.
Aw, really? :(

Meh. At least I tried.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
These two weeks are very ACTIVE, I mean, It's really hard to keep up with anything here XD

I can't wait for the Pichu Model though

After the model importer I think the very last thing Brawl hacks can do is make an Animation Importer

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I vote on having pichu have battle damage at high %. At around 100% make him have some elctricity appear like every 5 seconds, kinda like when pikachu is hurt. It actually wouldn't be too hard to do, im gonna add it for personal use if you guys decide not to.

jalued

Smash Lord
I vote on having pichu have battle damage at high %. At around 100% make him have some elctricity appear like every 5 seconds, kinda like when pikachu is hurt. It actually wouldn't be too hard to do, im gonna add it for personal use if you guys decide not to.
would still add strategy without completely crippling him balance wise...

DO U EVEN SLEEP ATM??

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
^Second that, maybe with self-damaging properties at 50% and below after that it stops

Good luck with the hearts. I'm almost certain that its possible, but I have no idea where to look myself. <=/
Oh please make 2 .pacs at the end of this project! I really wanna play a guy Pichu whilst not killing the girl idea :3
(Only changes is that there is no hearts or display effect is replaced with electricity or something similar)

Rudra

Smash Ace
I third this. It'd be pretty epic. My only question is: should the electricity cause self harm as well, (I know it hasnt been figured out, but it is still something to consider) or is it a cosmetic thing?
:005:

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I like that idea Vile. Self-damage still hasn't been figured out so I'll make it a graphical thing for now.

There's probably not going to be an update this weekend (Halloween) but I'll have one up next week for sure.

Should the Utilt animation stay in?

@Kei- That's what I'm planning on doing in the end.

Rudra

Smash Ace

Should the Utilt animation stay in?
I personally prefer the original since it "appears" to have more range around Pichu...I dont know if its true, but the tail may have more range overall than the bounce from Squirt's Utilt what I can tell.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Whatever floats your boat on the Utilit, I think I should recheck if there is a good animation from the other characters again.

Pichu's doin' the Lucario thing XD

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Whatever floats your boat on the Utilit, I think I should recheck if there is a good animation from the other characters again.

Pichu's doin' the Lucario thing XD
If you could help out with looking for animations that would be great.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
I have to ask..why does Pichu need to damage himself? I know it's because he has all that power and no experience to keep from shocking himself, but why not make him a Brawl version that doesn't hurt? Well, besides the fact that it's just fun..

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I have to ask..why does Pichu need to damage himself? I know it's because he has all that power and no experience to keep from shocking himself, but why not make him a Brawl version that doesn't hurt? Well, besides the fact that it's just fun..
Because that was his defining factor in Melee, and his/her personality on the Anime.

However, with the Aura thing (hopefully), you could make it so the electricity could be used much more strategically, and taking damage from your own attacks won't just flat out suck.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Because that was his defining factor in Melee, and his/her personality on the Anime.

However, with the Aura thing (hopefully), you could make it so the electricity could be used much more strategically, and taking damage from your own attacks won't just flat out suck.
Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

I'm working on a new Utaunt and the battle damage right now.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Something just popped up in my head while thinking of Pichu while I was away. :D

Strategically speaking, If DK KO's an enemy, the best thing to do is charge up his Neutral B right?

If we were to implement Pichu with a self-damaging move into play while KO'd opponent is still out recovering or respawning, we could use the time in maybe a "special taunt" like Luigi's Taunt where he kicks his opponent from the ledge.

For Pichu however does an Overload Taunt like Pikachu's Taunt surrounding him in electricity, it could be in a "hold then release" button pattern or maybe just "press and release" type.
The Effect of using the taunt should be Pichu charging up in animation, the effect though makes him damage himself in X% <- since I'm not really sure of this part

Since he damages himself, If he reached 100%+ as stated by Vile, his attacks would increase and allow far greater knockback

^uhm lol, just wanted to share this as a suggestion since it just "might" possibly help

(still looking on animations, I think there could be more in Olimar's moveset)

Rudra

Smash Ace
For Pichu however does an Overload Taunt like Pikachu's Taunt surrounding him in electricity, it could be in a "hold then release" button pattern or maybe just "press and release" type.
The Effect of using the taunt should be Pichu charging up in animation, the effect though makes him damage himself in X% <- since I'm not really sure of this part

Since he damages himself, If he reached 100%+ as stated by Vile, his attacks would increase and allow far greater knockback

^uhm lol, just wanted to share this as a suggestion since it just "might" possibly help

(still looking on animations, I think there could be more in Olimar's moveset)
Interesting idea. Another idea mirroring it would be to allow your Up taunt to keep you asleep till you enter another command (you still have to go through the "wake up" animation), which allows you to slowly reduce your percentage (you would still heal 4% within the timeframe of the current up taunt). It may not be as useful as your overload charge idea, but if done correctly, perhaps you can heal a bit more than 4%.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Meddled with my Mario.pac, I didn't know that the flower effect also gave the "effect" rather than just the graphic.

Theory 1
^ I think this will be useful If you can implement an invisible flower on Pichu and have it turn "on/off" if anyone can make a trigger for it.
(also if anyone can enable flower for only Pichu instead of having it enabled from the options menu)

Theory 2
^If you can actually use the flower effect in a move and just have it damage in limited amounts and not continually self-damage

EDIT: Been looking at animations and I think you can make Pichu's Thunder into: Kirby's DTaunt, Lucas' Neutral B, Popo's Utaunt or Olimar's Uair

Utilt is okay

I think It'll look better when Pichu's Usmash is replaced with Olimar's 1st or 2nd jab rather than Jigg's U smash, also it makes sense since the way Pichu tosses him with his head is in the right direction (or even better like TL's FSmash it does 2 hits using both Olimars Jabs!)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
One of these things is not like the other
one of these things just doesn't belong
can you tell which thing is not like the other
before I finish this song

nom nom nom :pichu:

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
One of these things is not like the other
one of these things just doesn't belong
can you tell which thing is not like the other
before I finish this song

nom nom nom :pichu:
Nice! I was wondering if you would do one of these for Pichu. Could you put the pac up for download or is it something you have to do yourself?

School has been rough so I haven't had anytime to work on a new .pac. I'm hoping to have one up by Friday though.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Nice! I was wondering if you would do one of these for Pichu. Could you put the pac up for download or is it something you have to do yourself?

School has been rough so I haven't had anytime to work on a new .pac. I'm hoping to have one up by Friday though.
Thanks DBK :) Actually, I would put it up, and will if you still want it: it would have all my CSPs... and I don't have the thing with the "buffer" instead of "handicap". I can, however, put up the raw TGAs... or I could just put up my common 5, either way is fine with me. Oh, and looking forward to the update. I'm still using this over manchu btw lol. I heard it was funny at first and then meh afterwards anyway though...

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Thanks DBK :) Actually, I would put it up, and will if you still want it: it would have all my CSPs... and I don't have the thing with the "buffer" instead of "handicap". I can, however, put up the raw TGAs... or I could just put up my common 5, either way is fine with me. Oh, and looking forward to the update. I'm still using this over manchu btw lol. I heard it was funny at first and then meh afterwards anyway though...
Could you just upload yours? I have no idea how to make CSPs and the like. :ohwell:

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Could you just upload yours? I have no idea how to make CSPs and the like. :ohwell:
I shall, but if you'd like I'd be happy to teach you. Brawl Scape pretty much automates it
NOTE: This includes the following items-
My CSPs
Young Link default CSP
Mewtwo default CSP
Pichu Default CSP
Roy Default CSP
YL, M2, Pichu and Roy CSS Icons + Name strip (not the one that goes across the CSP)

it's like 11MB so its taking a while to upload.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I shall, but if you'd like I'd be happy to teach you. Brawl Scape pretty much automates it
NOTE: This includes the following items-
My CSPs
Young Link default CSP
Mewtwo default CSP
Pichu Default CSP
Roy Default CSP
YL, M2, Pichu and Roy CSS Icons + Name strip (not the one that goes across the CSP)

it's like 11MB so its taking a while to upload.
Thanks K4ge. I want to try to make one first. If it's too complicated I'll definitely ask you for help.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hate to ask this, but where does it go?

How would everyone feel about female Pichu having pinkish-purplish lightning? I'm testing it out and it looks pretty sweet.
pf/system/common5.pac
and pinkish lightning... well, actually, I heard somewhere in here that we were gonna try peach's hearts, no? sounds like a good alternative, or really a good add on either way.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
pf/system/common5.pac
and pinkish lightning... well, actually, I heard somewhere in here that we were gonna try peach's hearts, no? sounds like a good alternative, or really a good add on either way.
I'm still going to use Peach's hearts (when I can find them lol) for certain moves. This is just a really cool looking add on.

Should I release the pac now or wait? I still haven't figured out the battle damage or ghetto aura but I don't know when the chance to figure them out will come.

Almost forgot, the flower idea didn't work Kei.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I'm still going to use Peach's hearts (when I can find them lol) for certain moves. This is just a really cool looking add on.

Should I release the pac now or wait? I still haven't figured out the battle damage or ghetto aura but I don't know when the chance to figure them out will come.

Almost forgot, the flower idea didn't work Kei.
Ah, good okay. Did you need a PeachMotionEtc? And you can release it now if you feel like uploading it. If it's gonna be a while before you do the other stuff, though, I recommend uploading it now.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Ah, good okay. Did you need a PeachMotionEtc? And you can release it now if you feel like uploading it. If it's gonna be a while before you do the other stuff, though, I recommend uploading it now.
I already have all of Peach's files, I just can't seem to find her (or any characters for that matter) external graphic effects.

I'll have the new pacs and some textures up in a bit.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Alright new .pacs are up!

This will probably be the last update until the model importer is released. As we can't do much more with Pichu's moveset until self-damage and aura are figured out, this release is mainly cosmetic.

Pichu v1.7

Changes

Moveset

Nair: Now uses Olimar's Nair animation, hitbox is slightly bigger to compensate.

Bair: The move now last until frame 39 instead of frame 34.

Cosmetic

DSmash: Now uses USmash's sound clip.

Finally, there are now two versions of Pichu to choose from. Male Pichu has dots on its cheeks and blue electricity. Female Pichu has hearts on her cheeks and pink electricity.

How to Play as Pichu:

Download either Male Pichu or Female Pichu from the mediafire link in the OP and place all the files in /pf/fighter/pikachu.

Credit goes to Register for the textures in the Male Pichu pac. Red, Blue, and Green Pichu in the Female Pichu pac are created by me.
As always, any questions and comments are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom