• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Westminster, May 5th Biweekly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
The way things are going right now guys, I'm not really sure if I'll be able to make it with Gabe, like planned. As it is, Inks and HugS both have work, Wolf has a family gathering to go to, and Gabe and I are stuck without a ride. We are working on trying to compose some kind of strategy for coming into possession of train tickets (despite being under 18), but, it's gonna' be tough. So...as much as I hate doing this...I was just curious if anyone on their way from a distant location might have the car space for two more people: Gabe and myself. We would both be very grateful, and we're definitely willing to put forth gas money if anyone might be willing to pick us up. -sigh- I suppose a ride back would probably be needed as well, so, I understand that it's a tough request, but, once again, we'd be very thankful if anyone would consider it, since we know some of these people live not so distant from us. If not, we'll still work on finding a way down there, although it's dubious.

FC3 is coming up, and many of the top SoCal players will coming, so it's important that we attend this to practice, and keep our skills sharp, as well as improve as much as possible within the remaining time before the FC3 date.

That's all for now. Thanks guys.

(If anyone has any suggestions on any other means of transportation available to us, those would be appreciated as well.)

Zarelid

Smash Lord
hurry what time will the bi weekly end!? if I can make it to work at 6 MAYBE i can make it. but i dunno if edrees will pick me up(will ya homie?) and if Mike will let me in his house LOL.

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Straight
It's actually not JULY 11th, it's june 11th,and june 25th like this weekend i think. Hope that doesnt stop you from coming.
No, June 11th is this weekend...and June 25th is 14 days away from june 11th...

You know what I meant -_-;

anyway, if anybody needs a ride I think it would be best if you could post your adress...it IS possible that my mom may pick one or two of you up as long as it is along the way to ken's...that is, if I can still go...which I much much prefer.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
hmmm i think we have lots of tv's this coming biweekly but we will also have lots of people coming. Biweeklies tend to end around 6 or 6 and at lastest 8 but i dont think it will last that long :)

so probably around 5 or 6

Zarelid

Smash Lord
Mike can I come? lmao I am not sure if you were joking on AIM so like am I allowed? and I'll bring a TV and cord and GCN but I don't have smashbros so if someone could support that I'll bring a TV(if it's iight) i'll bring a multiple plugin cord too since it seems like it may be needed.

S.EA

Smash Rookie
I finally have the chance to go to one of these! My crew and I will be there for sure tomorrow. They've been to some in the past, I've never was able to go to those...I'm lookin forward to this :)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
wait since i beat manacloud with roy who's one of the elite 5 does that mean im the best? :D :crazy:

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

neo likes to start ****, i guess he counts friendlies as real battles. Now he wants to start **** in the so cal thread. :p

Hey for all the so callers who attended todays bi weekly thanks for comming it was fun playing you all. A lot of you got better hope to see you at the next bi weekly, ken wont be there =D. However yosh from washington will be here along with most of us.

S.EA

Smash Rookie
Awesome aweomse tourney :D Mike/Ken thanks for a great time u guys rock. This was my first time @ one of these and definatly won't be my last. I really enjoyed the experiance...including getting owned by Ken XD

Arash that match was crazy!!!!! The cooler head prevailed though XD Even though I lost, it as still a great fight :) can't wait for next time.
Zarelid we're still not finished man. I hope we can play again real soon
:D . whatisfear we did pretty good in teams it's a shame i probably wont see you, keep @ it though :)

Straight

Smash Journeyman
no results?

I guess noone likes posting results

1.Ken
2.Mike
3.Blow
4.Arash
5.Gabe

lots of fun today. Cant wait for the next one.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Good Times

Great job on hosting another successful bi-weekly Ken/Mike/Helen, and hey I'll throw Arash in there too for helping moderate. Good to see all the SoCal players again and improving. Once again hats off to you hosts.

Seppukumaru

Smash Cadet
it was exciting...pwn?
i lost to helen.....dude?
where's it all going.....testosteroine?
look at that cat.....huge?
that's my poem to describe the biweekly
-creg-X
-craig-X
-kraig-X
-kregg-O this is the way you spell my name for future reference
-kreg-X
-cregg-X

Zarelid

Smash Lord
Neo can't talk **** if you call that **** talking man he's a ******

anyways AWSOME tournament guy thanks Mike and Ken for hostin it, I had a great time to bad I didn't do that good =/ hopefulyl betetr next time.

Gabe-sorry we didn't get to play man I really wanted to play you
Mike-what happend to the taco match!? what happend!?
edrees-great job man knowing it's one of your first torunaments and your sdo good already never seise to impress
Yoshi guy(forgot your name haha)-cool match I can't believe you beat my falco lol we'll play some more
Azn-man we need to get in contact more I"m free alot so like yeah we can play more
S.EA-**** you(=P)
Azeen-wtf man stop killing yourself I honestly thought I was the best at it
Arash next time we will meet in one of the finals and it WILL be winner takes all =)
Omar-I don't know I can't say I coulda done better, cause I couldn't.

sorry to everyone else who I didn't mention I most likly forgot your names =/ but if anyone wants to hit me up on AIM(Zarelidchaos or My Names Zarelid) feel free to I won't mind.

uh-roo

Arash

Smash Lord
hmm where to start -

helenz - good stuff getting 2nd in teams.. one day we'll beat ur bros.

ken & mike - again with the amazing hospitality and hosting powers... you guys are waay too good in smash, but one day team super helenz will beat u guys

gus and pedro.. where were you guys?? it's never the same without you

S.EA - wow.. who knew that zelda was that good? maybe she's mid tier after all

trevyn - hope you didn't get in too much trouble at work.. have some faith in ur falco

azeem and byron - good stuff for ur first tourney, hopefully u'll do much better the 2nd time around

omar - u may have the beans, but i'm comin for you next time

thomas - lol @ ur saying 9th wasn't good enough, then winning the next match.. hopefully u'll get like 2nd next time (and i'll get 1st lol)

oh and u guys yosh is comin!!! too good

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
Haha, thanks Arash. Azeem and I didn't do too badly especially in the team tournament. Though I thought it was a little unfair for me to be paired up with Ken in the very first round of the tourney. :( Oh well, I'm just happy that I got the chance to play against him. It was quite an experience and I'd like to show up for another one but I doubt that I'll be able to. It was definitely fun though. And thanks again for the ride. :D

To Sam: You defeated me in the Marth dittos and you really knew you stuff. I'd like to play you again sometime. ;)

Herman

Smash Rookie
how do you guys feel about a noob such as my self coming to one of your Bi weeklys?? i never been to one and i really hope i can make it to this one

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
lol, man that was a great biweekly and I want to say thanks to everyone. It feels good to get my ??? kicked every once in a while because I got rocked. Ill be sure to try and make it to the next one.
Oh yeah, thanks Arash for that match and that Bowser suicide was painful.

Darchon

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to Mike and Ken for running/hosting a great tourny. My crew and I really enjoyed getting to know everyone in Socal. I hope next time we can rank a little higher though.

from Ky Kiske: To Sam: You defeated me in the Marth dittos and you really knew you stuff. I'd like to play you again sometime.
Thanks man, hopefully we can go to the next bi, if so we can do some freindlies dittos then. Side note: you play guilty gear? Cause I got a pretty good dizzy and jam. We should play sometime.

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Darchon
Side note: you play guilty gear? Cause I got a pretty good dizzy and jam. We should play sometime.
Haha, yeah I play Guilty Gear. But I haven't played in ages. And I don't think I was ever any good due to lack of competition.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
A little late I am, Haven't been able to go online much.

But I had a great time and as always thanks to Ken + Mike for hosting at their house and sorry for almost forgetting to take my shoes off- that won't be happening next time! Hehehehe

See you all at the next one!

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
well i can say my first competitive smash experience was an eye opening one haha.

a grip of people showed up, and everyone turned out to be pretty cool

haha thanks for teaming up with me S.EA. for not knowing each others playing styles we were doing pretty good, too bad we had to face ken and mike :T maybe if i go another time we can do it again, and go further =].

after this biweekly i hate fox/peach even more (one day ganon will winnn!!)

thanks ken and mike for having me over

nice meeting everyone there, sooo many names i forgot a few

whatever you guys do dont sit on the couch! haha

L.Sceptile

Smash Rookie
Well I'm not sure if we are gonna go...Oscar said that it was a lot of money to go so It's a possibility that we will not show up to this one so just lettin u guys know... ^_^ Ohh yeah Zarelid that was a great match u and me I got my *** kicked but hey I got practice ^_^ Your Link was really awesome and very very fast hope to fight u next time I go but I will make sure that I don't use Peach again... ^_^

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
This is a little late, so, I apologize. I've attempted to post at least 5 times, but the page changes without my consent...x.x

-sigh- Anyway...

Ken, Mike, and Helen, thanks once again for opening your house to us for another fun and successful bi-weekly. It's gatherings like these that really make the difference in skill.

I would also like to thank you guys for the friendlies you both played us in and allowed. Tournament practice is very important, but that doesn't mean that playing against awesome players such as yourselves isn't just as beneficial to one's skill level. And it's great just taking it easy, and playing some matches for fun. You guys are always great to hang with. Thanks a bunch, guys, we're really grateful.

Let's see...teams...well...Gabbo and I didn't do so hot. My controller kind of freaked out during one of my matches. It might of been plugged in awkwardly, or something, but, all I know is it wasn't responding...and it really affected my gameplay. Ah well. Can't remember which match it was, but, we lost it. Better luck to us both next time. Ken and Mike prove to be an amazing team once again.

Singles...ummmm...didn't lose to anyone except Arash in the winners' bracket...which..ultimately led to my downfall since I was then forced to play Ken in the losers' bracket if I wanted a chance at 1st or 2nd place (a.k.a. auto-3rd =D). But, good times. Arash, you keep me on my toes man. I'm terrified of the rests, I'll be honest. Good matches in the winners' and the losers' brackets. Ken, always good matches with you. It's great, because I don't have to worry about any of that winning business, hahah. I can just play! Good games, as always.

Trevyn, dude, I'll admit I thought I was gonna' lose myself a set against your Link. It was faster than I remember. And the only time I remember fearing link that way was when I played GERM at MLG SF. You're really good dude. With all of your talk about losing your touch, I sure as h3ll wasn't expecting matches like that, but, you definitely had me intimidated. But, you know...Sheik's just way too good, so, props to you for handling Link the way you do. It was great seeing you by the way. We really outta' chill sometime. I know things are tough for you with work and all, but, some day, right? Hahah, take care man. Hopefully see you at the next bi-weekly.

Oscar: Dude, I saw you a couple times that day...and then...I didn't...lol there were so many people we didn't get to chat too much. Hope things are cool with you, and maybe see you at the next bi-weekly? Take it easy.

Thomas: Good matches. It's always a pleasure. You got pretty far in the tourny, eh? Talk to you later man. Next bi-weekly perhaps?

Man...so many people...and Hugo, Wolf, and Inks couldn't make it. Well, next time, all of them except Hugo will be attending. Hugo will be at GS2, repping SoCal with Ken and others. Best of luck to you guys.

SILLYFOX A.K.A. YOSH will be coming down for the next one!!!! Woot! Yeah, and, on behalf of the occassion, he and I will be teaming. =) Hopefully, we can deliver some pwn4ge!

For anyone I missed...my bad...I went to the midnight showing of Batman Begins last night at 12 midnight...and...yeah...got what? 1-2 hours of sleep? And I haven't slept since...I feel horrible...I'm a bit brain dead right now...so...yeah...peaces peaces everyone...peaces...

manacloud1

Smash Champion
thats good to hear

the next bi weekly we will have yosh from washington at our house so more fun. Hope to see more people there. Gus and pedro where the hell are u guys?!!!!!!!!!!!!

boou28

Smash Cadet
LA California. Silver Lake...Its around griffith p
uh i should be makin it to the next biweekly, jus lettin you guys kno. haha ive been in china for 2 weeks now and im leavin back for USA in 2 days...hopefully ill get some practice before the tourney. FMP is back for doubles!!! hopefully we'll do better than my first tourney. maybe i should buy a cheap t-shirt here in China for the first place winners lol anyways cya later (does anyone kno if green eggs and ham made it to the june 11 tourney? - since i wasnt in US i was jus wondering.)

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
-sigh- Bad news guys...for both Yosh, and myself. Well, I've told Yosh already...x.x

The chances are very low for me making this bi-weekly coming up next week. There is a chance that I could make teams, but, it's not likely. The chances for me arriving for singles are much higher, however, assuming that teams takes at least an hour and half or more, taking late-arrival, registration, and warm-up into account. Although, Mike likes to get things moving quickly, and he's quite efficient when it comes to organization, so, we'll see about that. Yosh mentioned that, if I managed to get close enough to Mike and Ken's house, with a bye, we MIGHT be able to make teams. Still, I don't know what my time schedule will be like.

The problem is...next saturday I'm being tested to advance to the next phase at my Jeet Kune Do institute. First off, it's an honor for the masters to acknowledge you as ready to move forward, and second of all, rescheduling something like that is almost bad enough to be considered disrespectful. It's not something you do unless an absolute emergency arises, or an accident occurs which forces a reschedule. They don't plan their agenda around you, you plan yours around them.

Testing begins at 11:30, and will end at 12:30, earliest. From there, if I leave in say 15 minutes tops, I'll be on the freeway before 1:10-1:15, and if I hustle down there (that's assuming I can even get a ride), then there's a slight chance that I might make it. I don't remember how much time all the set-up stuff took at the last bi-weekly, but, we'll see I guess. Yosh gave me his cell number, and I'll call him up and check the status of things. He'll also have to be informed, since I was supposedt to be his teammate (Sorry about that Yosh...x.x).

But, if I make it there before, say, 3, I should at LEAST be able to enter singles, right? If I could, it'd be really great, seeing as how FC3 is fast approaching, and I need all the practice I can get. It's up to Mike if he will allow me to enter the tourny late, of course, so, with all that said, I'm about done.

I hope everyone has a good time at the bi-weekly if I don't make it in time, and, train up! We're SoCal players, and we have to rep. That especially my crew members, and all the other strong SoCal'ers that are going to FC3. We don't wanna' let ourselves down.

Well, later everyone. Have fun.

P.S.

Gus, Pedro, still alive? Hopefully, right?

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
we are still alive >_> hehe

I posted that I would be in Vegas for the one on the 11th, it was my bday also ^_^

Pedro left to Texas on the 3rd, he won't be back til the 29th.

I should be at the next Bi :bee:

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Happy B-day Tavo! :D

Too bad we're not invited. :( I didn't think we were so disrespectful last year that you would not welcome us. Well, whatever we did then I'm sorry?

meh...

GL Trevyn! go go go!

Zarelid

Smash Lord
sorry inks but can you team with yosh? or something cause I wanna team with edrees Deep Socal has to prove itself. and I'ma raly the rest of the san diego troops and bring them ot the bext bi weekly that way we can do LA vs SD or something haha. but yeah I"ma be goin to it though as long as I can get to work at 6 or 5 or something (I might call in sick though lol).

thanks Taj what did yall do last year ot not be invited?

can't wait for more smash I"m looking forward to this one heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom