• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do YOU think wolf mains need to do more?

JCav

Smash Lord
I will get@ that lightstepping all day!

Lightstepping= underused imo as well, very impressive.

And lightstepping is part of illusion, is it not? ;)

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I will get@ that lightstepping all day!

Lightstepping= underused imo as well, very impressive.

And lightstepping is part of illusion, is it not? ;)
You like?

I used a lightstep against my friend who uses Wario, and Wario doesn't grab the edge immediately in UPB, so I lightstepped, jumped and meteor smashed him. Didn't get it recorded though. It was the match finisher, last stock high damage too. haha

No one can tell me it's not useful. It catches people off guard. It even catches me off guard, and I'm the one doing it!

Imagine that skill in the hands of someone much better than myself.

JCav

Smash Lord
Exactly my point Asaph! Lightstepping is just part of a HUUUUUUUUUGE (maybe) option of illusion that yeah maybe we've mastered where the spots are, but have we done a lot of things like that? No, not nearly enough. If nothing else it's a good "mixup" for edgeguarding

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wolf Mains need to use Up B more creatively like jS does shortly after 3:00 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JTlTUishFo

:059:
lol owned. And yeah, it's actually nothing new or that good (or at least most of the time) but it's generally unexpected and therefore a solid choice for mixing it up. There are more creative ways to use upB though :3

I feel similarly about lightstepping, it's cool and sometimes achieves awesome things but the main advantage it has is being unexpected. You lightstep and your opponent goes "wait what?" and eats a bair to the face, y'know? Idk, maybe it's just me. Still awesome to use :3

Grabbing isn't something that we need more of imo, but ****** out of dthrow is. Also, for flash cancels and DACUS, man Wolf can run away pretty well, it's fun. Crouching is also fairly useful, I wish I could BDACUS out of a crouch :<

_Kain_

Smash Champion
It's prolly a legit follow up if they don't react correctly

Choice

Smash Champion
everything is a legit follow up if they dont react correctly.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
lol no it's a combo in training mode but the start up of the side b is just too slow for it to be effectively used to combo into bair

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
back when I used to play with scrubs, I'd combo a low % forward tilt into a side-B, it worked like magic!!!!

I think Wolf mains (me) need to quit getting grabbed so easily, more.

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
No it's a combo. You do a Lightstepped SideB and then immediately Bair, Bair connects during the hitlag of the SideB if done right. Looks really cool, but have fun getting this SideB hit, so it's actually not a thing which needs to be done more, just a funny combo.

G-Dub

Smash Journeyman
Wolf players need to taunt more: very begining of a match vs MK, wolf:"whats the matter ya scared?"
MK flys to his death leaving a yellow stream in the sky...easy stock. jus sayin.

Laem

Smash Champion
No it's a combo. You do a Lightstepped SideB and then immediately Bair, Bair connects during the hitlag of the SideB if done right. Looks really cool, but have fun getting this SideB hit, so it's actually not a thing which needs to be done more, just a funny combo.
it took me a second to figure this out in my head but yeah
that'd look pretty cool and i'm fairly sure it'd combo :)

besides bairing shields wolfs should SHAD and grab as well

rsr2

Smash Lord
I think the wolf's need to stop being too awesome. There is so much awesome that one person can handle. Or lose every match until eventually we get worse that Gannon tier. That would be great :D

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
it took me a second to figure this out in my head but yeah
that'd look pretty cool and i'm fairly sure it'd combo :)

besides bairing shields wolfs should SHAD and grab as well
Shad is pretty bad honestly. You can't do anything out of a Shad other then Shield, Grab, or Spotdodge. Empty short hops are much better. Shad is useful against like nado if you really must get to the ground.

That's a silly little combo Semifer.
I think the wolf's need to stop being too awesome. There is so much awesome that one person can handle. Or lose every match until eventually we get worse that Gannon tier. That would be great :D
:troll::awesome::troll:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
How does SHAD make your only options upon landing grab, shield, and spotdodge lmao. It just prevents you from doing anything until you land, obviously, but once you land you can do anything that you'd be able to do from an empty SH. But honestly, it's funny how SHADing still kinda confuses people lmao, I SHAD a ton and it's pretty stupid sometimes, but whatever :p

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
I think SHADing is really stupid, unless if you're dodging behind them into some sorta gimmicky business
Otherwise it's kinda pointless

just my opinion though

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
1. Wolves need to cancel their illusions. Yeah, its hard, but once you get it down, it increases your recovery game IMMENSELY off the stage. You can travel so much farther because of them.

2. Dtilt more. It's a good poke, has range, and low cooldown. I sometimes get people with it after 1 jab.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lightstep is useless because it doesn't help Wolf get convincingly better. It just looks cool/flashy. They need to space Bairs better first and foremost.

Top Bottom