• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes you rage?

Artsy

Smash Rookie
Getting Pro-chaingrabbed by Ice Climbers, losing due to careless mistakes, being juggled, Meta Knight.

That's the gist of it.

The real little comet

Smash Cadet
Having to be "that guy" who makes the first move on a player while on Wi-fi, only to find myself ambushed by two other players playing hero.

"HEY, HE JUST HIT PLAYER 3. THAT'S NOT HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PLAY ONLINE, I'LL SHOW HIM."

Ughhh.

Oh, oh. And if you decide to play it cool in that situation, and maybe taunt along with them for poops and giggles, there's a 45% chance that one of those players is just waiting for Sudden Death, to kill you for a quick laugh before leaving so that you can't give them the business the next match. Disregarding the possibility that I /DO/ want to fight in the game prior, rather than spamming the taunt buttons, or maybe sharing various glitches in the game that people PROBABLY already know about.
Stay classy, 45%.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Use taunts that say stuff like "I whooped your ***!", "Sorry sweetie ;)" or stuff like that, people hate it and start raging. I've done this before and it worked successfully. :p But for what gets me mad;

-People who taunt after getting a kill (if they didn't even work for it, that makes me more mad)
-People who spam, spam, spam.
-People who win only cuz of lag
-People who are always like HIYAYAYAYA or "PIKA~"

Isahiro

Smash Rookie
RANDOM FALLS! There is NOTHING more annoying than spontaneously losing control of my character and my opponent getting of a kill move that I suddenly have zero options left to deal with.

Peach... Seriously, with Sheik's poor recovery abilities getting onstage vs Peach is one of the worst positions to be in. Turnip spams + Float chasing + Higher priority than most of Sheik's moves = Pain

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
When my controller goes on the fritz. When I hold foward or back my character walks then suddenly sprints and I don't trigger it. I shield and my character let's go of the shield then pops it back up then releases it. Or when jumping I do a second jump when I wasn't trying to do that. Lastly then the jab. Fox is the best character to test if my remote is being ********. I do his jab and hold the button and if he does the kicking barriage then I know...

OverLade

Smash Hero
Friday makes me rage, but chances are the censor dodge is going to completely convulute this message...

supersmash43

Smash Cadet
Random tripping for dashing in Brawl by far (even though it 'only' happens 1% of the time you dash this is by far one of the worse features anyone can put in a game designed to be remotely competitive at all! )

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Lucas spammers. They only know how to use his smashes :(.

Facing Mario, I always get caped when trying to recover...

Toon Link players who either abuse his fast/powerful smashes or dair.

Items

Useless ATs.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Don't know if I mentioned this before, but when - oddly enough - newbies become more difficult to deal with than pros... like, am I the only one who thinks newbies are sometimes more annoying to deal with? o.O

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Don't know if I mentioned this before, but when - oddly enough - newbies become more difficult to deal with than pros... like, am I the only one who thinks newbies are sometimes more annoying to deal with? o.O
It is more or less a test of patience when you deal with newbies or bad players. They spam and do things that annoying you and giving into it makes you fall for their cheapness more...

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
When a Falcon Punch hits you and you knew you should have avoided it but you were too busy thinking about how awesome it is to get out of the way

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
yessss. Players that fiddle with the c-stick the whole match.
Alright like a few of ya said. Spammy players are not difficult just irritating. The best way to deal with them is either go someone campy, or choose squirtle or game and watch. Ya don't even need to know how to play the characters to beat scrubs with em. G&W turtle is godly against scrubs, and squirtle you can just run back and forth all day until THEY lose there patients then F-air, b-air or jab em.

I use to play my nephew all the tiiiime. I know from experience that its near impossible to play mindgames with the mindless. So ya know. If someone is playing noobish, the best way is to outnoob em. :D

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Your to Slow! Your to Slow! Your to Slow! Your to Slow! Your to Slow! Your to Slow!

I hate it when people just dodge and taunt with Sonic.

My own stupidity.

Believe me...I can honestly say that well over 90% of the matches I have lost in my life, (not too many compared to the wins, but still quite a few) have had directly to do with incredibly stupid and inexplicable fits of stupidity on my part, mistakes that are beyond my mental capactity to describe. =/

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I ****ing hate when EVERYONE uses Ike just to win.
I actually like this one, because it makes them more easier to KO and they spam their smash attacks which makes them even more easier to punish. The best is grabbing them by the ledge and pummel them and do a ground release and they fall to their doom.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Realizing the reaction times when playing Brawl on a normal TV is much quicker than on my HDTV. Not that I lost or anything when playing with a friend, but I kept doing ledge attacks with Meta Knight whenever I mean to plank and play gay.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
This might be relevant to a lot of you so I'll go ahead and say it.

When you train so hard for a upcoming tournament and you don't even face the characters you "expect" to meet in bracket.

For example the last tournament I went to which was this last saturday I was expecting to face Dojo, Dphat, D4BA or Denti and Red Shadow....so me and my friends were helping me with my CF against the matchups of Metaknight, Wario and Olimar...

..and I never got to face any of them, I faced Chic and lost to his Luigi on game 3 then I lost to Fogo -_-

Top Bottom