• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes you rage?

SUTOruin

Smash Rookie
When your opponent is having a hard time winning and picks Link or Ike the next match.

Chaingrabs.

Random Toon Links and Meta Knights in general.

Picking Sonic and having to fight Pit. I don't know any better and usually repeat mistakes.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Your to Slow! Your to Slow! Your to Slow! Your to Slow! Your to Slow! Your to Slow!

I hate it when people just dodge and taunt with Sonic.
I just ignore them, even if they hit me once. It makes them happy to see you chase them, so don't. :p

I ****ing hate when EVERYONE uses Ike just to win.
Oh God, I know. I hate Ike... Press Forward Smash and you win.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I rage when I use Bowser's final smash. Come on, who doesn't go mad with so much power. LOL

and.. the annoying bombs in capsules, party balls. My Bowser gets so unlucky, too bad I still win 8D

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I rage when i lose. Who doesn't? =P
Don't be mad, it's all in good fun :p
I rather dislike being blasted away by the Great Fox on Corneria, sometimes the timing is just too perfect :urg:. Also SD'ing is always fun ;D

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
Losing 20 matches in a row online, then about to win when a blackout occurs (Yeah -_-").

Also, Falco, ROB, and Pit. Falco for his reflector, R.O.B for his annoying lasers (One guy at our college just spams saying "Is this annoying?".) Do I need mention Pit?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
This is what I rage at; except I dont rage. I just laugh at the stupidity of it.

- Players that are so bad they cant comprehend an easy solution to dumb tactics, then get mad about the said tactic, calling it spamming or nooby.

- ****** a top Brawl player only to SD at 33%

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
Im amazed how little people mention Pikachu. I just wanna strangle that little *******.

PIKA! PIKA! PIKA! PIKA! PIKA! and his never ending barrage of thunderbolts rain from the sky.

Not having friends who can match up to your level of skill. My friends get mad and quit because they stop playing after I beat them all even when its 3v1.

People who think they're good only to have me stomp their ego's into the dirt.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Pikachu's Thunderjolts are so easy to power shield and Thunder is predictable but he is good at stealing kills and I can understand everyone's perspective about the constant "Pika! Pika! Pika-chu..." he yells out.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
People who claim some top tier characters don't load on their Brawl disc. Honestly, just man up and face MK or Snake or whatever. Geez.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
When my KOs are stolen. I detest that when I work enough to get them to a high percent ready to be KOed just to have it stolen by another player. Even worst if I'm at a high percentage because I can be behind if the player I was racking damage KOs me.

ItsKay

Smash Rookie
Hmm, I just recently started playing again. So Atm there's nothing on my list that makes me rage. :s

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
People who suck, but grab the edge every time I get knocked off, watch me die, then taunt constantly.

(I main Olimar.) :mad::mad::mad:

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Yeah, lag screws everybody and anybody. And everyone in a FFA wants to KO someone(unless its a taunt party) so its likely you'll take a good amount of damage and get launched. Especially if its laggy.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I dunno why people thought this. I felt nothing beating the level 9 CPU other than having an annoying feeling afterwards.
Yeah, you really shouldn't practice with level 9s. They're just annoying, with their constant power-shield-to-shield-grabbing, and even if you get a cool kill on one, you're still left unsatisfied. They also almost never use alternate recovery moves and are super easy to edgeguard.

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
The stage Final Destination.

People who use the same character every match, especially MK

People who baww about lag relentlessly.

Chains / Infinites

People who are so hipster they think it's appropriate to get mad when/if I sulk after losing. (I don't even make excuses when I lose!)

People who complain about "spamming".

When anyone, including my opponent, accidentally jumps / recovers into the crevice under the edge of some stages. (What a stupid and unsatisfying way to KO or be KO'd)

When people whine over me picking such modest stages like Luigi's Mansion or Delfino Plaza.

When people try to use lag as an excuse that the match wasn't fair, even though I'm just better at them at playing in it.

People who are jerks in general, especially when they win. Grooooan.

People who end the game prematurely if none of the following just happened (Very start of the match. First item spawns. First Smash Ball spawns) AKA people who end the game just because they're frustrated.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
When I'm fighting someone online and all of a sudden another person KO's me and both taunt about after I was just about to KO the other guy.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Chains / Infinites

People who are so hipster they think it's appropriate to get mad when/if I sulk after losing. (I don't even make excuses when I lose!)

When anyone, including my opponent, accidentally jumps / recovers into the crevice under the edge of some stages. (What a stupid and unsatisfying way to KO or be KO'd)

When people whine over me picking such modest stages like Luigi's Mansion or Delfino Plaza.

When people try to use lag as an excuse that the match wasn't fair, even though I'm just better at them at playing in it.

People who end the game prematurely if none of the following just happened (Very start of the match. First item spawns. First Smash Ball spawns) AKA people who end the game just because they're frustrated.
The stage Final Destination: I personally like Battlefield myself.

People who use the same character every match, especially MK: If it's who they like, then one shouldn't really get upset over it.

People who baww about lag relentlessly: Lag is frustrating, and I hate wi-fi because of it, so I can understand those who complain.

Chains / Infinites: I agree, though that's the fun part; not getting caught by them.

People who are so hipster they think it's appropriate to get mad when/if I sulk after losing. (I don't even make excuses when I lose!): Yeah, it's better to learn from one's loss instead.

People who complain about "spamming": If they can spam, then it's all fair game.

When anyone, including my opponent, accidentally jumps / recovers into the crevice under the edge of some stages. (What a stupid and unsatisfying way to KO or be KO'd): dat stage lip.

When people whine over me picking such modest stages like Luigi's Mansion or Delfino Plaza: Ahaha, I actually like those stages.

When people try to use lag as an excuse that the match wasn't fair, even though I'm just better at them at playing in it: Yeah, it wouldn't be the match that isn't fair, but their inexperience in wi-fi, so I agree.

People who are jerks in general, especially when they win. Grooooan: Elitists.

People who end the game prematurely if none of the following just happened (Very start of the match. First item spawns. First Smash Ball spawns) AKA people who end the game just because they're frustrated: RAGEQUIT! XD

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I really don't mind if this stage is constantly picked over and over. I know it gives certain characters an advantage but it wouldn't stop me from playing it.

If Meta Knight is their favorite character than regardless if their ability with him I feel that isn't enough to grip on that. I consider it MU practice since Meta Knight is commonly used character. if your thinking of joining tournaments then you should get all the experience you can get on facing Meta Knight. Of course other characters will be used.

This is understandable. Fighting games sucks online. Lag effects a lot and is annoying for any player. I quite detest frame drops and skips the online does. Even worst how the game looks like it stops then 10 second to 30 seconds we can move. The input lag is the worst. When I press the button to shield or dodge and if it was offline I wouldn't been hit but I end up getting hit when on Wifi. We all share this constant pain.

Chains / Infinites
If your allowing yourself to be caught to these then that's a problem you should be fixing. You should be practicing to avoid these and perform mix ups and constantly moving. I know even the best players get caught but you should be practicing so you can avoid getting caught in chains and infinites even less.

Not everyone is going to take losing well. Its dependant on the situation. The way I see it is rematch and redeem yourself.

Your never going to find a single fighting game let alone a forum where someone doesn't complain about that. Honestly I enjoy reading their rants on spamming.

It happens.

There is nothing wrong with those stages. They'll just have to learn to play on those without being in FD all the time...

I'm sure there are limitations for everyone as far as how much lag a person will tolerate. Some that won't tolerate it at all.

Indeed. I will avoid people that behave like that in general.

Which is why besides the rules and lag people avoid playing with randoms.

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero

Quite funny, I have the exact opposite. I just so hate it when my opponent just can't play the same character or even 2 matches in a row. GET A DAMN MAIN GUYS :mad:
Neither one of us will improve and the matches will be boring that way.

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
OMG! I hate fighting a cowarldy Sonic online. They attack and kill you then run away and keep taunting the ''your too slow'' It's so annoying I hate it!!! :mad:*Pulls hair out* so I do admit I rage quit when that happens or I bring out the Aether on that punk! Okay I'm calm.:)

:mad:Oh yeah and Peach I frickin' hate her!! She's annoying!

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Ice Climbers' chaingrabs. Nothing makes me wanna roundhouse my TV off its platform than those rofl

Top Bottom