• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Capcom characters would you like to see in SSB4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
sevenfold posting! I guess I'll never break this record...

besides looking badass, another reason I posted M. Bison is because Yoshinori Ono, the man behind the recent Street Fighter games, stated that if Nintendo wanted a Street Fighter character, he'd want M. Bison to be the playable character.

EDIT: @Young Horestail, beat your record by 2. :troll:
I would think that Rose, Gill, and Hakkan would make better choices because they haven't appeared in a crossover game from Capcom or otherwise. Mega Man, Ryu and Bison have appeared in countless crossover games.

D

Deleted member

At the same time, who outside of devoted SF fans would know who they were?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A valid point, indeed, Golden.

Ryu, Ken, Akuma and M. Bison are more known characters than Gill or Hakan, having more appearences and being more popular.

D

Deleted member

And don't forget characters like Chun-Li, Guile, and Zangief.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Bland? Maybe. Obscure? Hell no. SF is probably Capcoms second biggest franchise right now.
Yeah, amongst fighting game fans. He's a gnat compared to the company of Mario, Donkey Kong, and Sonic the Hedgehog. If Capcom comes they should come correct.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Yeah, amongst fighting game fans. He's a gnat compared to the company of Mario, Donkey Kong, and Sonic the Hedgehog. If Capcom comes they should come correct.
uhm no. you couldnt be more wrong. yes its a fighting game, but its one of the biggest and most influencial, if not the biggest, fighting games series there is. I'd rather have Megaman myself but Street Fighter would be the close second.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
eh, just Megaman really. Thats all I need.

He's their most Nintendo-ish character. The one that I can think of and be reminded of old school Nintendo. All the rest of their characters and franchises are in their own separate established Capcom category to me. No need for them in Smash. And Ryu while famous, is more of a neutral old school arcade character. Sure you can say the same about Pacman, but at least Namco is making this game, giving him more of a chance to be included.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'd honestly prefer Mega Man X over Mega Man. Maybe we could get both as a costume change.

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
1. Strider Hiryu
2. Amaterasu
3. Megaman

Though I know striders chances are as thin as wire I would be delighted to see him in smash. Don't know why but as much as I love megaman it's kinda whatever to me for him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Isn't Strider technically ineligible as he debuted as a manga character?

D

Deleted member

I'd honestly prefer Mega Man X over Mega Man. Maybe we could get both as a costume change.
Considering they have different body structure, different abilities and have different voices; not happening. At most X's armor would be modified to fix Classic Mega Man (or if X is playable, a Classic armor could be modified to fit X).
And to think that he would be the only other Capcom rep I would possibly want.

Oh well, at least Mega Man has a realistic chance of getting in.

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
Hmm good point. Though I'm not 100% sure as to why that would stop him from appearing in a smash game. Didn't stop him from being in MvC.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hmm good point. Though I'm not 100% sure as to why that would stop him from appearing in a smash game. Didn't stop him from being in MvC.
They don't have the same requirements for inclusion. Sakurai said any characters that didn't originate in a video game won't make it into Smash. MvC doesn't have that problem, as long as they're a Capcom character, or Capcom has the rights to them, they can theoretically make it in (for the Capcom side ofc).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
MvC has a different rule set than Smash though.

EDIT:
N3ON Ninjas....

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
Ah ok makes more sense then. Kinda sucks that is what's stopping strider from having a chance we need more badass tonfa/sword wielding ninjas in smash. Cuz ya know we never had any. His speed would be what makes him formidable. In actuality he'd be faster than mk but his range wouldn't allow him to be too fast.

XxK1NG_SORAxX

Smash Rookie
I wanted akuma. He would had been the prefect capcom character. Megaman is nice but i rather have akuma.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Why was this necro bumped? Pretty obvious if anything now that Megaman will be the only Capcom character.

Oh, and I would've rather seen like Albert Wesker than any Street Fighter character, not that any of them ever were/are happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom