• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the Top 10 Players of 2012?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
hmm, Im a little iffy on lovage only because of the number of players who could be considered his equal, with that being said, otherwise its a good list.
who could be considered lovage's equal?

Bing

Smash Master
Dont get me wrong, I love Lovage(lol)

I just mean like other people who could feel the 10 seed. Like, Wobbles for instance. Possibly s2j(but no I'd say Lovage is better)

Lovage in that spot is a safe bet, Im just saying its argueable.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Dont get me wrong, I love Lovage(lol)

I just mean like other people who could feel the 10 seed. Like, Wobbles for instance. Possibly s2j(but no I'd say Lovage is better)

Lovage in that spot is a safe bet, Im just saying its argueable.
Well naturally the 10th spot on any best 10 list is going to be the most debatable. I do however think that Lovage is slightly better/more consistent than the others who would be a strong candidate for the 10th spot.

mhenlo

Smash Apprentice
1. Tang
2. Armada
3. Mango
4. Hbox
5. DrPP
6. M2K
7.-10. Shroomed, KirbyKaze, Javi, Wobbles in no order.

Hax

Smash Champion
jman > lovage

jesus got a bull*** bracket at apex and had to play me for 25th. had he won our extremely close set he would've cruised to T8 and possibly beaten javi and gotten 5th

rather than viewing tourney results as the end-all, be-all, you guys should look at the brackets people fought through to get there. for example s2j outplacing me at genesis 2 doesn't really count because i easily would've gotten 7th with his bracket (he played MacD for 9th, i played PP)

Shroomed

Smash Master
If my win is slightly discredited for PP being sick, Hax's loss should count for more since PP was indeed really sick.

Hax

Smash Champion
how i wish the entire community would jump to my side and john for me every time i underperformed

PP was still top 6 players in the world that day, sick or not. we both played damn well in our tournament set. i'm just gonna assume anyone implying that MacD is as good as a "sick" PP is either from WC or just looking to give me a hard time

Divinokage

Smash Legend
how i wish the entire community would jump to my side and john for me every time i underperformed

PP was still top 6 players in the world that day, sick or not. we both played damn well in our tournament set. i'm just gonna assume anyone implying that MacD is as good as a "sick" PP is either from WC or just looking to give me a hard time
Now you know how it feels. =P Sucks doesn't it?

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord

dude you're sexy and you know it ;) (wiggle wiggle wiggle)

In all honesty though top 10 is:

1. Armada (for the time being)
2. Mango ( he will be number 1 shortly)
3. Hbox (fo sho)
4. Javi ( He proved everyone wrong just like armada did, and he beat pp 2-0! pp didnt take a game)
5.PP ( dat falco X( mad scary)
6. M2k ( he beats everyone else besides these players)
7. Hax ( dat falcon is tooooo precise
8.Jman ( dont knock him on results, he still beat javi in the crew battle, and he *****. PERIOD)
9. Amsah ( he beat zhu,jman, and armada! nuff said)
10. KDJ! ( he wouldve gotten top 10 if he didnt play javi)

shroomed,in reality you are in the top 10 but c'mon i cant dog on my man KDJ

hahahahahaah

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Pfft everyone loves Kage.

And I thought everyone loved Hax too.

I call shenanigans.
Everyone? Certainly not WC...

dude you're sexy and you know it ;) (wiggle wiggle wiggle)

In all honesty though top 10 is:

1. Armada (for the time being)
2. Mango ( he will be number 1 shortly)
3. Hbox (fo sho)
4. Javi ( He proved everyone wrong just like armada did, and he beat pp 2-0! pp didnt take a game)
5.PP ( dat falco X( mad scary)
6. M2k ( he beats everyone else besides these players)
7. Hax ( dat falcon is tooooo precise
8.Jman ( dont knock him on results, he still beat javi in the crew battle, and he *****. PERIOD)
9. Amsah ( he beat zhu,jman, and armada! nuff said)
10. KDJ! ( he wouldve gotten top 10 if he didnt play javi)

shroomed,in reality you are in the top 10 but c'mon i cant dog on my man KDJ

hahahahahaah
Screw that I beat his *** in a MM, he's not skilled enough to beat Javi neither was I.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Hax I think when you're playing 100% you're like 5th or higher.

But consistency is part of skill. You need to work on playing your best all the time man cuz you're REALLY good.

The community likes to john for the golden boys only. (top 5)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's not really about consistency at that point but more because our characters get *****, even if his skill is up to par that difference is apparent. I have been told that several times. As soon as you are off-stage you are dead as Ganon/Falcon.

Battlecow

Play to Win
We liked to john for PP that one time because he's generally a great guy and he was really sick. Notice how no one really tried to john for him at Apex? Him being top 5 had nothing to do with it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter if Hax's loss to PP would be worse because he was sick (when discussing S2J vs Hax), because S2J lost to a sick PP's Falcon at the same tournament...

leffen

Smash Champion
lol at jman deserving better.

the only reason hax came far anyway was because M2K forfeit

and seriously, what is this "hax playing at 100%" Vids?
has he ever played as that in tournament? Who has he beat that proves that he even has that level?
Considering how long Hax has been in the top and how many times he has faced top players im amazed at how he has upset so incredibly few

if anything, use lucky, wobbles, axe, chudat and the tons of other players who have and can actually beat people in the top but still place low half of the timeinstead of hyping up the player who always places the same (~8th) just because he plays falcon.

Im thinking that people are defining "playing good" as when Hax does stupidly unnecessary combos/auto combos on floaties and "playing bad" when he doesn't get huge combos

falcon baby

Bing

Smash Master
Wait what?

So according to you, we should get hype for people who get knocked out 2-3 rounds into bracket but ignore the man consistently placing top 10?

Umm, correct if Im wrong... but that makes no ****ing sense.

But based on your logic, we should cheer for you at North American Nationals and not top 10 players.

kk.

GO LEFFEN :D

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Leffen literally just said hax isn't good because he "only" places top 8 every single time.

lol words fail me.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
In Leffen's defense:

He was responding to Shroomed's assertion that Hax could be top 5 or higher when he's playing 100%. What he was trying to say wasn't that we should value peak potential/performance over consistency, but that if you're going to say something like, "Hax could be top five," it'd be better to say that about other players like those he listed who have upset top players, because there is more tournament proof of them having the potential to explode (despite inconsistency), than there is proof for Hax to explode, due to his consistent placing. If that makes sense.

This thread sucks.

Top Bottom