• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be the first newcomers revealed for Smash 4? (Expect first trailer at E3!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
1. Little Mac
2. Platunena (correct me if spelling is wrong)
3. Saki
4. Mega Man
5. Kranky Kong
I explain the how they appear when I get on a computer

Edit, pit in saki instead of LM
:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
[:troll:]
you're all wrong, ladies and gentlemen.

it'll obviously be: Dark Pit, Dark Samus, Dark Link, Dr. Mario and Pichu's return and the cherry on top of the cake: Tingle. and THIS will be the box art:

[COLLAPSE="Click to see"]
[/COLLAPSE]

and before anyone says anything, yes there'll be FIVE clones to be revealed, and yes, Tingle is a character.

when interviewed, Sakurai will only have this to say: (laughs)
[/:troll:]

all right, serious time now. I think Palutena and K. Rool are going to be revealed. maybe Ghirahim as well. I'd count on some retro characters as well.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Damn I never saw that melee reveal. I could feel the crowds hype coursing through my veins. Didn't realize how much people love samus in the west XD most of that applause was for her!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Damn I never saw that melee reveal. I could feel the crowds hype coursing through my veins. Didn't realize how much people love samus in the west XD most of that applause was for her!

Agreed I'm hoping the Smash 4 reveal will blow us all away just as effectively as the Melee and Brawl reveals did.

Oh who am I kidding... We all know it will.

D

Deleted member

As likely as Mewtwo is, I don't think we'll be seeing it until confirmed as an unlockable. Would be awesome to see it as an E3 reveal, but I think Sakurai will return any cut characters as unlockables.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here. Not expecting Mewtwo to be a character on the starters roster. And he shouldn't be.

D

Deleted member

Appearing in trailer =/= automatic starter

Remember, Snake was revealed in the trailer, but was outright stated to be an unlockable.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Snkae and Sonic were the only exceptions to the rule, because of them being third party characters to make them more special or whatever. In fact every trailer for Brawl focused on the default characters when ever possible, except the accidentally leaked Lucario.

Also the statement of all the third party characters being unlockable was stated after Snake's reveal.

D

Deleted member

"only exceptions to the rule".
I really hate it when people say crap like this. THERE IS NO RULE.

If Sakurai wanted to advertise Mewtwo and/or Roy to the public with the notion of "look who's back!" to create hype for the game, them being unlockable (assuming, of course) would not deter that.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
"only exceptions to the rule".
I really hate it when people say crap like this. THERE IS NO RULE.

If Sakurai wanted to advertise Mewtwo and/or Roy to the public with the notion of "look who's back!" to create hype for the game, them being unlockable (assuming, of course) would not deter that.
I agree with this.

As far as made up rules for newcomers in the smash 4 trailer, this is what I had in mind (no particular reveal order):

1. Mac: A boxer would be a great addition to the roster. And Namco's got experience with boxers in fighting games.

2. Takamaru: He seems like an obvious pick for a retro rep, if it helps his chances he has a mini game in Nintendoland. His chances are good but any other retro rep could get in over him (Mach Rider, Lip, Muddy, Prince Sable etc.).

3. A female rep? Not that a "female rep" should matter but a lot of people picked Palutena. She would be my 2nd lady pick as well, other then her I don't know any other female character Nintendo has that would be a great addition besides her, Medusa, Viridi, Lip, Bubbles, Daisy, Dixie Kong, Rosalina (if she has ice powers(Rosalina's Ice World stage from MK7) and Luma's), Captain Syrup (1st pick), or a female from Fire Emblem (don't know anything about FE). What about that girl from that horror GameCube game? It was called Eternal Darkness?

4. A villan? Not sure. Either K. Rool, Syrup, Hades (I really want Hades), Ridley, Deathborn, or Porky in his mech from Earthbound.

5. I was thinking about if they add not one but two new hardware characters this time around One for the Wii U: Monita, and AR Man (that yellow box) for the 3DS.

Monita:

AR Man:

They would be good surprise wtf choices, I don't think the Mii would be a good surprise choice unless they go all out for the Mii rep and let us create move sets for whatever Mii we use and use and color edit costumes.

And that's it. I didn't add a 3rd party because there's no guarantee we'll get one this time around. Also I'm not trying to set myself up for dissapointment when ??? doesn't make the cut. *points at Mega Man* he's not my 3rd party choice btw.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about if they add not one but two new hardware characters this time around One for the Wii U: Monita, and AR Man (that yellow box) for the 3DS.

Monita:

AR Man:

They would be good surprise wtf choices, I don't think the Mii would be a good surprise choice unless they go all out for the Mii rep and let us create move sets for whatever Mii we use and use and color edit

To be fair, G&W as well as ROB were both legacy and retro WTF characters; both being the "first" in something (g&w for first mascot, and ROB for reppping their first console. Mii/monita would be pretty unlikely when applied to this "tradition"

I'm pretty sure the WTF/legacy/last unlock-able would be something of a throw back to be the "first" in something.
:smash:

Edit: otherwise prop to you for mentioning captain syrup

jigglover

Smash Lord
I think that balloon fighter would be quite good in the E3 trailer - if he gets in. You know, kind of as a "why the frick is that in!?" character. Melee gave Sheik (and I suppose Zelda, but mainly Sheik) and Brawl gave zero suit samus. Not only this, but he could double as a retro character like Pit or Ice climbers! Not to mention it would give the game possibly more hype about the characters, since once they see something like Ice climbers they would wonder who the frick else is getting in!? Besides, he would look properly cool in the trailer.

Another character I think would be a good pick would be Mewtwo, being the "most popular and expected character" like how brawl gave us Wario and melee gave us Bowser, it would also be a bit like the rival or the villain (come on, we know mewtwo isn't a villain but in the eyes of so many people he is!) and would also get the hype up, except in a completely opposite way to that of the balloon fighter.

Personally I prefer Genesect or Meloetta as the new pokemon rep though.

D

Deleted member

I don't see G&W and R.O.B. to be "hardware" characters.
I see them more as historical characters, G&W representing the successful Game & Watch era (before Mario), and R.O.B. for being the "Trojan Horse" that saved video games in the Western market.

The only way I can see something like that being done again, is through Sheriff, representing the old arcade days, as well as being Nintendo's first protagonist character, or an original character that represents Nintendo's history before video games, such as using the Ultra Hand, the Ultra Machine, the Chiritory, the Power Lift (that's a whole Special set), and of course, Hanafuda (Final Smash). Perhaps with a taunt that has them solve a Ten Billion Barrel, or a victory pose of them playing with a Lefty RX.
Some history, like the love hotels, would be unrepresented for obvious reasons....

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Personally I think you have a better chance guessing tomorrows lottery numbers than a non-existent trailer, but hey, why not.

Original Four:
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby

Newcomers:
Palutena
Takamaru
Shulk
King K. Rool

Stages:
Gaur Plains
Starship Mario
Palutena's Temple

Unless it's a cinematic trailer, in which case all of this can just be chucked out the window.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Personally I think you have a better chance guessing tomorrows lottery numbers than a non-existent trailer, but hey, why not.
When you factor in the probability of choosing at least one or two correct characters, the chances are actually a lot higher than you think.

I mean lets be real here... There's only around 25-30 characters that have a legitimate chance of getting into Smash 4. So unless Smash 4 breaks the trend and includes a bunch of "long shot" characters (aka ROB in Brawl or G&W in Melee), your chances of guessing at least one or two newcomers that will be in the reveal trailer are much, much higher than picking lottery numbers. lol

DPSnumber1

Smash Rookie
For the first trailer I want something like this:
Mario is jumping quietly in mushroom kingdom, then he notices that PAC-MAN is eating some goombas and attempts to attack Mario
Mario confronts him and a succession of battles between veterans and newcomers begins.
1. Mario confronts Pacman
2. Link confronts Takamaru
3. Samus confronts Ridley
4. Kirby confronts Balloon Fighter
5. Pit confronts Isaac
6. Fox confronts Krystal
7. Pikachu confronts Little Mac

And the final surprise....

Sonic runs over the hill side and suddenly is attacked by a character that is revealed to be MEGAMAN

I think it would be impossible to happen but it would be great

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
My guesses:
If a cinetmatic trailer:
1. Palutena/Medusa/Hades (expected for there to be at least one new rep, could honestly see all three make it. Two being playable, and one of them could land a boss role in story mode)
2. Takamaru (kinda expected due to nintendo land)
3. Skull kid (majora remake is being requested, not a typical zelda game, and unexpected)
4. Ridley (highly requested)
5. Starfy? (I'm not sure, but I could see them introducing a cute character)

If just a normal character reveal:
1. Little Mac (don't know why but I don't see him as a first reveal in a cinematic)
2. Mewtwo (for hype)
3. K. Rool (nothing to say here)
4. Zoroark (expect to see some new pokemon)
5. Lynn (or other FE character)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My guess is Tom Nook, Geno, Sukapon and Dillion.

It's going to be gloriously awesome

Edit: Then they reveal the 3rd party - Gill Grunt

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
My guess is Tom Nook, Geno, Sukapon and Dillion.

It's going to be gloriously awesome

Edit: Then they reveal the 3rd party - Gill Grunt
I'm on the ball with you in regards with Dillion or Geno; as I can see that happen. But Sukapon? I'm pretty sure (if he's in) he'll be the character to what G&W and ROB were; considering he fits the description and surprise well :awesome:

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking Palutena/Dixie Kong/ Krystal, King K. Rool/RIdley, Takamaru/Little Mac, Isaac/Shulk/Chrom, and then any of Megaman, Mewtwo, Roy, a surprise third party

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Toad, Little Mac, Krystal, Ridley, and Mega Man (surprise at the end like Snake was in the first Brawl trailer)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Surprised I haven't posted here yet. My guess for the initial reveal trailer:
Palutena
Little Mac/Takamaru (one of them)
Ridley
Megaman (or a surprise 3rd party)
And, if applicable, a starting Mario newcomer.

Normally I'd say that Ridley would be better off as an unlockable, but due to promotional purposes and the massive hype it would bring, I'm guessing he'll be a starter. I suppose the same could be said for K. Rool, but I think with him it could go either way (and it would also depend on if Dixie was included).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My main pic is Little Mac. Against the odds, Sheriff.
I'd say that if somehow Sheriff gets included, he would be one of the last characters revealed, akin to G&W and R.O.B. I really can't think of any other Nintendo newcomers that would have a higher chance at being unlockable than Sheriff.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My guess is Ridley, Palutena, 3rd party, Shulk and Mewtwo. Ridley and Mewtwo being heavily requested, Palutena being female, and then Shulk being added in there because I personally want him in there. Then the 3rd party for shock/hype

volbound1700

Smash Master
My view:

Opening with 4 Vets (Mario, Kirby, Link, Pikachu). Then revealed Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Palutena, and Ridley.

Third Party reveal will be a Pac-Man trailer.

Megaman won't come in first trailer IMO but will be in game. He is the most requested character for this smash. He is IMO the Sonic of this Smash Brothers. Sonic was the character that brought the most hype for Brawl and Megaman is the character that will bring the most hype for Smash 4 (even over Ridley, Mewtwo, King K Rool). Only way Megaman is not in Smash is if Capcom doesn't want him in it.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
Muddy Mole, Palutena, Ridley, Megaman and Paper Mario/Bowser Jr. is who I could see.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Villain/Anti-Hero: Ridley
Retro: Takamaru
Female: Palutena
Popular New Series: Lil Mac
Third Party: Jump n Shoot Man Mega Man:troll:

This is what I expect of Nintendo (and Crapcom)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

I agree except maybe either little mac or takamaru will be shown.

and A new mario guy.

D

Deleted member

Nice that we think alike, but remember, I SAID THIS FIRST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom