• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Who will be the poster-boy of MLG Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lain is a horrible idea...while he has the looks his inconsistency + other traits make him unappealing. sorry william i love you but i don't think you deserve this

i'd vouch for dehf, shadow, anti or wyatt... all of them are consistent players + are top 20 in the country

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Those guys are top 10 in the world.
I honestly don't believe anyone should make "best in the world" claims anymore after Genesis. Until we've played players from other countries and establish said dominance, let's keep a realistic level of humility.

That being said, perhaps our top 3 can only realistically be claimed as "3 of the best in the world/world's best".

dj asakura

Smash Ace
u won't beat ally guaranteed. I honestly really don't think any of you will
You heard it here folks, M2K thinks Ally is going to win the tournament or at least that it will be an M2K v. Ally finals.

But you don't think someone like ADHD can pull it off? Or any of the other people mentioned in this thread?

Just out of curiousty, would you mind telling us why?

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Well I know Ally is an amazingly smart player and hands down one of the best in the game, but I'm just curious about what M2K has to say about it since I feel like ADHD or M2K could pull it off.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I don't think all of them are going to get top three this time. Gonna be crazy upsets at this tourney.

I too think Ally has the best chance over all though to take first.

There won't be one poster-boy after this event either. there will probvablly be multiple friendship and rivalries will probably be hyped up too. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens at MLG.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Brackets matter.

Ally loses to CO18
M2K loses to Ally/ADHD
ADHD loses to Ally/Recently Meta Knights.

gallax

Smash Hero
well recently ally beat neo so he has gotten better @ marth vs snake i believe. but mikehaze definately has a good chance to beat ally. same with dehf. their last tourney set went 2-1 but they were really good.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Brackets AND stages will play a huge part at this.

Good luck Falco and Diddy when you can only ban one out of Norfair and Green Greens. Imo almost anyone who isn't a top MK could lose to any of the top MKs cuz of absurd CP power.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ive been playing green greens a lot recently as falco. Its not as bad as people think for falco. I will still ban rainbow/brinstar since its worse for falco than norfair/green greens

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Brackets AND stages will play a huge part at this.

Good luck Falco and Diddy when you can only ban one out of Norfair and Green Greens. Imo almost anyone who isn't a top MK could lose to any of the top MKs cuz of absurd CP power.
Diddy would likely do much better banning Norfair. I'm no expert on Diddy or his matchups on those two stages but Green Greens seems like a much better choice to play on. I feel like it isn't a *horrible* stage for him.

Zero_Saber

Smash Apprentice
I will say there's a conceivable chance that Chudat could be the poster boy. Not only is he a pretty amazing player but he's devilishly handsome (anyone who disagrees is a dirty liar).

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm pretty sure it's that guy named Teran. He recently went 2-0, 3-0 in every match at a large scale tournament using Falco. My money is on him, like all $5 of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom