• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Who will be the poster-boy of MLG Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Though drugs have inspired many to achieve greater things than they would have otherwise gone on to do-

drugs also inspired religion.

So a world without drugs ... would probably be better than the one we're in today.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
You all assume that drugs are a negative thing to MLG.

Yeah, they can't go around endorsing pot...but really? Major League Gaming? What do you think EVERY fan does?

They get high then go play some halo. In fact, I think the highest person at the time should get it, even if they don't play smash.

Chaco

Never Logs In
This is a direct violation of the Global Rules, so please return to the topic at hand or the thread will be closed.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Though drugs have inspired many to achieve greater things than they would have otherwise gone on to do-

drugs also inspired religion.

So a world without drugs ... would probably be better than the one we're in today.
You all assume that drugs are a negative thing to MLG.

Yeah, they can't go around endorsing pot...but really? Major League Gaming? What do you think EVERY fan does?

They get high then go play some halo. In fact, I think the highest person at the time should get it, even if they don't play smash.
What I'm talking about, "son".

-Ran

Smash Master
Ummmmmm.....Lee Martin could get some props.
Agreed, if only because he's my friend. =p Other picks that were left out are the child wonder Ultimate Razer due to age and the strangeness of him using a Wii Mote + Chuck, and GNES. Dojo has already been mentioned, so I don't really need to touch on it. Just remember it wasn't all that long ago that GNES was timed out by M2k on Smashville during the Florida tournament.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I forgot about the seeding and brackets, some unknowns definitely going to be up there.

ADHD

Smash Hero
M2k will probably win because of the seeding and stages shiz.

But me and CO have doubles, so back off.

-Ran

Smash Master
Due to the stage potentials, I do believe that MKs in general are going to do extremely well. Between Norfair, Battlefield, Smashville, and Rainbow Cruise, they have plenty of opportunities to stall for a better position, or abuse the stage layouts to their advantage. Due to this, D3's are going to have an issue which will allow Snake to thrive better than he would usually do so. With having a definite stage pick to avoid banana set ups, Diddy is going to have issues as well, unless he has some amazing tricks that I'm unaware of.

The Finals will most likely be MK vs MK, with a Snake coming out of the Losers bracket due to an early seed vs a D3 player. A Diddy is a possibility, but it'll really depend on the luck of the match ups and the willingness of their opponent to pick an unfamiliar stage [Norfair]. There are just too many ways for Diddy to get shutdown with the inclusion of an extra stage for MK to dominate on. Really, all it's going to take is one poor seed to throw off everything though. If you [ADHD] fight M2k early, it could result in M2k being plowing through the losers for a very long time.

Hopefully they are cognizant of these issues, but with their stage selection I'm not too confident of it.

gallax

Smash Hero
i hope they could try to at least seed by regions. i dont want to play my friend first/second round who lives right down the road.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I hope seeding is completely random for the first event. COMPLETELY.

Also i hope that some smoking hot girl no one has ever heard of shows up and wins the tourney so we can get a super hot poster girl. Talk about expanding the smash scene then eh?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm pretty sure it's that guy named Teran. He recently went 2-0, 3-0 in every match at a large scale tournament using Falco. My money is on him, like all $5 of it.
Oh wow I'm getting hyped. x__x

affinityy

Smash Rookie
The way MLG works is for every game they add to the circuit, the first event's seeding is completely randomized, so it is possible that ppl like Ally and M2K play first round. However, after the first event players are awarded seeding points based off of their placing, and total seeding points accumulate throughout the season to determine seed for future events.

Prawn

Smash Master
double elim will help the process of getting good results as well though

-Ran

Smash Master
It helps, but on a large scale event with a ton of talent, the results are going to be very, very screwy.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
If Tvs have lag Ics are ****ed,

also Larry is probably most likely to be poster boy
as jem said he is handsome, not socially akward, cool to be around, doesn't time people out (people time him out though *coughdsfcough). He is also a player who could very well place top 3.

oh and he has converse

dj asakura

Smash Ace
The way MLG works is for every game they add to the circuit, the first event's seeding is completely randomized, so it is possible that ppl like Ally and M2K play first round. However, after the first event players are awarded seeding points based off of their placing, and total seeding points accumulate throughout the season to determine seed for future events.
How'd you place?

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
are you sure you can tell black people apart, generally this problem only arises with asains (no offence to everyone)

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
M2k needs a haircut. Ally needs to shave.

If m2k actually cutted his hair,etc... Might look a bit better. No homo

Laem

Smash Champion
ally looked rugged and thats how we like him :p
But honestly, we have our posterboy and the poster already: that SoCal Focus.
x]

M@v

Subarashii!
Its obviously going to be Tyrant. I mean look how much he gets into MLG!(like anyone hasn't seen this pic yet Y_Y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom