• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your favorite character, 2010 edition!

Favorite Brawl Character

• Total voters

TMSreptiles

Smash Rookie
olimar all the way
idk why but thats ok because I'm just original like that
snakes (not solid snakes snakes like the animals) and olimar=special

NinjaMunky

Smash Rookie
My favorite is Diddy Kong because he's unique. I'm surprised Captain Falcon is leading. D=

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I LOVE Falcon, just going with Sonic and him =V
Falcon's manliness gives him a tight lead.

Lucian

Smash Cadet
Lucario all the way man, he's a sayian
anyone else suprised that Captian Manliness is in the lead =)

Sodaplay111

Smash Rookie
dude i just played a bowser
Fire can edgegard the **** out of you unless you know what your doing

smashless gama

Smash Cadet
See, what I hate about Brawl is that I CANNOT DECIDE. Every time I sit down and play it for a significant amount of time I change who my favorite character is. I beast as Pit and ZSS, but Ike is fun as heck to use. Marth is just awesome. I'm Toonlink or Lucario a lot too because they're unique. Same with Lucas and Yoshi.

I'm overthinking this, aren't I.

Brennus

Smash Rookie
How is Toon Link in third? With Dr Mario gone he is far and away the least necessary character, just taking up space that could be used for someone worthwhile :mad:.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
According to you, the spot should have been used for something esle. Why did you mean by that? And toon link is for the people who want want a DECENT LoZ character. And he's just plain win.

Oh, and did I also mention that toon link is starting to take over the role of link?Toon link (or another form of toon link) has been in Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords adventures, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit tracks. Despite being much newer, he's been in only two games less than the "normal" link.

Brennus

Smash Rookie
According to you, the spot should have been used for something esle. Why did you mean by that? And toon link is for the people who want want a DECENT LoZ character. And he's just plain win.

Oh, and did I also mention that toon link is starting to take over the role of link?Toon link (or another form of toon link) has been in Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords adventures, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit tracks. Despite being much newer, he's been in only two games less than the "normal" link.
Any LoZ character could be decent, that's up to the developers. Tingle could have been the best character in Brawl if Sakurai had wanted it. That doesn't mean Toon Link is a good addition to the game, it just means that they did a poor job of balancing the game. And TL isn't "taking over" for regular link, they're the same **** character. If a difference in art style is all it takes to make a new character, than why not SNES Link or Early 3-D Link? We could have an entire smash roster just filled up with different Links! Be wary of Original Game Boy Link, the poor graphics quality makes his moves hard to read and overpowered. With the exception of WW (Which I personally liked but is widely considered to be awful), all the games you listed are hand held games. This doesn't mean that the beloved classic Link is being replaced by some alternate universe Toon Link, it just means that hand helds don't have the graphical capabilities that a home gaming consul hooked up to a TV does so developers use a simpler graphics style to compensate. At least Dr Mario had the decency to put on a lab coat, Toon Link is just the same character appearing twice and taking up a roster space that could have been used for an unrepresented series (I'd like Isaac from Golden Sun), an under represented series (Metroid could use some love) or another 3rd party character (So people could shut up about wanting Mega Man already).

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I forgot to mention toon link and link have many differences (weight, speed, etc. Etc.) thus giving them very different playstyles, and making them seperate characters.

Atlantian

Smash Rookie
Ever since I unlocked Toon Link, he's been my favorite. Before unlocking anyone at all, I'd have to say my favorite was King Dedede.

Brennus

Smash Rookie
I forgot to mention toon link and link have many differences (weight, speed, etc. Etc.) thus giving them very different playstyles, and making them seperate characters.
Move set defines playstyle, not the character's actual identity. Even if Link and TL play differently they're both still the protagonist of the Legend of Zelda series and the same **** character. Smash isn't just a fighting game, its also a collection and celebration of Nintendo's history and a second Link does a poor job of expanding upon that. Sakurai could have made another quick, floaty projectile based character in the same roster spot who would have added to the theme of a collection of Nintendo's greatest heroes and villains without wasting a roster spot on a second Link. TL should be a trophy, not a character.

AndorranPrince

Smash Rookie

Face it bud, Toon link is a clone. I'll give that he's better in almost every way from reg. link, but one of them should have been replaced with a more interesting character (tingle).

And WHERE HAVE THE YOSHI FANS GONE? :'(

Brennus

Smash Rookie
Perhaps they were scared off by the unseemly noises he's made while jumping ever since Yoshi's Island? Probably that or Nintendo's obstinate refusal to make one of the game's more interesting characters any good.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Face it bud, Toon link is a clone. I'll give that he's better in almost every way from reg. link, but one of them should have been replaced with a more interesting character (tingle).

And WHERE HAVE THE YOSHI FANS GONE? :'(
How is tingle more interesting? He's a GAY CLOWN.

Top Bottom