• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Lady Gaga is better than your faves.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
man i was the first person post in this blog.WOW LADY GAGA IS AWESOME
I ****ING LOVE THIS BLOG.;D

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Out of all the things that poisons the culture of music is what is better and what is not and should be burned.

And because all of these singers are either good, bad, or beyond, there is only one thing you cannot consider people bad by voice.

DJs.

So now, I'm just going to listen to dubstep, trance, and many more while discussing about the topic of gaga.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Real men don't listen to lady gaga.
No, real men give zero ****s and listen to anything and everything that they enjoy. Including country, because country > you. :troll:

So you're throwing shade because she breaks attempts to break the language barrier with her fans?
LBR your faves would NEVER be that thoughtful.
If she were really being "thoughtful" and "attempting to break the language barrier," she'd release her entire album in every language. (Also please don't talk about my "faves," you don't even know what other artists I listen to.)

Really, the case is this:

She's not doing it for her fans, if she was she would actually take the few minutes to learn how to pronounce the words she's trying to sing properly so she doesn't piss off the native speakers.

She's only doing it because it's "Artistic", she doesn't care if she's butchering a language or slamming a culture as long as people are giving her the attention she so longingly needs.
It's true, the German in "Scheiße" is all butchered. I think that was supposed to be messed up for the sake of the whole "I don't speak German but I can if you like" part of the lyrics, but either way she's clearly not being "thoughtful." Either she's butchering the language and therefore not really breaking any barriers, or she's just doing it for artistic value (which is what I'm sure she's doing it for anyway).

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really doubt she would do something like that knowingly just because of one lyric.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I really doubt she would do something like that knowingly just because of one lyric.
After looking it up on "Gagapedia," it says she revealed that the gibberish German was on purpose. Still, I don't think the mispronunciation of scheiße was.

Looking up the song and the meaning reminds me of another problem I have with her, though. She seems to discuss the meaning and idea behind every song of hers. On one hand, I appreciate that, because you then understand the exact meaning of the song...but I respect it a lot more when artists leave it up to the fans to get their own meaning from their music. I listen to music mostly to relate to it, so I get some feeling from it and I can relate to it personally, and when artists tell you exactly what the concept was behind a song, it makes it hard to interpret it as it fits you.

Like with Scheiße, I interpreted it as being insecure and wishing you could be perfectly secure without relying on somebody else, as that's something I can relate to (unfortunately). But she explained: "...this song is really about wanting to be a strong female without all the bull**** that comes along with. Anything that gets in your way from being brave." I'd rather have an interpretation not meant by the artist than have the artist explain a specific idea behind the song and be unable to relate to it because I can't help but interpret the song as I've heard the artist explain. If you're going to tell your fans what a song is about, you really ought to at least keep it vague, because I have trouble relating to a song about being a strong female as a male...

inb4you'retooclose-minded, sorry, I have trouble completely blocking out what I know is supposed to be the meaning of a song even if I can't relate to it at all and enjoy the song less because of it.

...I really am posting a lot about this, but it's whatever, I enjoy venting about music.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I knew the gibberish was on purpose. :p
It is, after all, called gibberish.

There are other, actual, words in that song and others which had terrible pronunciation.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
The Beatles.

Beyonce.

Justin Timberlake.

At 1 AM and on a moment's thought, I was able to conjour up these three as far more talented and listenable than... Ugh saying her name annoys me... And the only reason the last two are there is cuz you mentioned something about dat a** and dancing? These guys TRUMP Gaga in those two categories, let alone the trumping in every other category.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well I knew the gibberish was on purpose. :p
It is, after all, called gibberish.

There are other, actual, words in that song and others which had terrible pronunciation.
Ah, right. My bad. :embarrass:

Yeah, with all of the mispronunciation it's quite hard to argue that she's doing anything thoughtful.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Good luck proving how Lady Gaga is better than any of these five.

Radiohead
Pink Floyd
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Nas
Miles Davis

Lady GaGa is the poor man's Bjork.
Oh God, please don't compare the two :c

Bjork will always be far more talented than Lady Gaga.
She has created masterpieces.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
She was hot in 3-way (Lonely island) but my faves are fairly niche (Gorillaz and Jamiroquai) So i'm okay with her outselling/outperforming/outbonergiving them

Fuujin

Smash Champion

Like with Scheiße, I interpreted it as being insecure and wishing you could be perfectly secure without relying on somebody else, as that's something I can relate to (unfortunately). But she explained: "...this song is really about wanting to be a strong female without all the bull**** that comes along with. Anything that gets in your way from being brave." I'd rather have an interpretation not meant by the artist than have the artist explain a specific idea behind the song and be unable to relate to it because I can't help but interpret the song as I've heard the artist explain. If you're going to tell your fans what a song is about, you really ought to at least keep it vague, because I have trouble relating to a song about being a strong female as a male...

Sounds like you have some personal super high standards you expect from the artist you listen to.
Who are your faves?

The Beatles.

Beyonce.

Justin Timberlake.

At 1 AM and on a moment's thought, I was able to conjour up these three as far more talented and listenable than... Ugh saying her name annoys me... And the only reason the last two are there is cuz you mentioned something about dat a** and dancing? These guys TRUMP Gaga in those two categories, let alone the trumping in every other category.
And Justin and Beyonce can't play an instrument or compose their own music, let alone be the executive designer behind their performances.

Good luck proving how Lady Gaga is better than any of these five.

Radiohead
Pink Floyd
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Nas
Miles Davis
Well I would maybe agree if Radioheads music didn't put me to sleep every time I tried to listen to it.
Nas can't sing.
Everyone else listed is a FLOP or HASBEEN.

Bjork will always be far more talented than Lady Gaga.

Show me the best live performance of Bjork!

Praying for you guys RN.

Post a good performance from your faves so we can compare why yours is the lesser performer.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sounds like you have some personal super high standards you expect from the artist you listen to.
Who are your faves?
Expecting to be able to relate to the music I listen to and expecting artists not to tell people exactly what their songs are about is super high standards...? Funny, because I listen to a ****ton of music and almost all of it fits that...

Don't really feel like sharing my "faves" honestly, because the only thing I foresee happening is you going out of your way to show how Lady Gaga is better than them all.

Are your faves helping those gay people make it through their day like a big angel covering them with wings???
I certainly listen to artists who write songs that can help people get through their problems without doing so through an entire bloody album of motivational "It's okay to be who you are!" songs because they're trying way too hard to be a gay icon, yes.

Pretty much all of the artists I listen to have helped me make it through the day at one point or another, even Lady Gaga has suited that purpose from time to time, and most artists tend to do that without having to aim for a specific demographic to help.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I wish to dispute the creativity claim. And, simultaneously, her taste.
After all, what truly creative person would steal from Sonic 2 (and Tails)?
And who in their right mind would choose Chemical Plant over the other tracks in that game?

So, through some interesting video game trivia, can we attribute her success to ripping off Michael Jackson?

EDIT: and since my faves are largely Sonic, I think your claims of greater success are also void.

D

Deleted member

I thought about bothering to reply to the OP but then realised I would have a better time listening to my "faves" (and I thought the Dutch language was getting butchered by the internet).

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
for some reason am staring too dislike lady gaga. lol you guys make good reasons why she sucks.
Lets wait until someone makes a post saying why she's good again before you commit to that flip flop. You wouldn't want to have to change back and make it look like you're just agreeing with people to fit in.

On topic, Lady Gaga is okay, I'm not big on pop. I don't think anyone likes being told "your taste in music sucks and mine is great here is why" though, and that's why most of this thread is people being pissed at the OP. Moral of the story? Like your music, but don't force it on other people because they will make posts that look nice on the surface but really are very mean spirited when you look at what they're actually saying.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Lets wait until someone makes a post saying why she's good again before you commit to that flip flop. You wouldn't want to have to change back and make it look like you're just agreeing with people to fit in.

On topic, Lady Gaga is okay, I'm not big on pop. I don't think anyone likes being told "your taste in music sucks and mine is great here is why" though, and that's why most of this thread is people being pissed at the OP. Moral of the story? Like your music, but don't force it on other people because they will make posts that look nice on the surface but really are very mean spirited when you look at what they're actually saying.
well i still like her.
but you guys make good reason why she sucks.
so yeah i still got fellings for her.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Oh NO!
People actually hold standards to the music they listen to?
What has the world COME to?

Well I would maybe agree if Radioheads music didn't put me to sleep every time I tried to listen to it.
Nas can't sing.
Everyone else listed is a FLOP or HASBEEN.
You just said Radiohead "puts you to sleep".
Then you said Nas can't sing... you asked me for my "faves".
You're an idiot if you think Miles Davis or The Beatles are a FLOP or HASBEEN.

Show me the best live performance of Bjork!
Ok, I'll do Bjork and Radiohead.
Just for you (:

Bjork

Radiohead 1

Radiohead 2

I approve.
Neutral Milk Hotel <3

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Oh NO!

You're an idiot if you think Miles Davis or The Beatles are a FLOP or HASBEEN.
OVERRATED HASBEENS

RADIO-ZZZZZzzzz
Ok, I'll do Bjork and Radiohead.
Just for you (:

Bjork

Radiohead 1

Radiohead 2
Ok it's sort of unfair to compare a band to one person in terms of live performances.
But they still put me to sleep when I try to listen to 80% of their music.
Also overrated like NMH.

Bjork making noises and moving her arms <<<<<<< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8SrlbpJ5A

Also

OOP

Top Bottom