• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Main or use Zelda ?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Most people Pick shiek over Zelda and I know why. Faster, quick on the ground, blah blah blah. For this reason I hate shiek. All Because people talk trash about Zelda and good for shiek. Just look at how many Shiek threads are out there. and this is suppose to be a Zelda/Shiek Forums. It looks more like shiek to me. They should have made A Zelda forum away From Shiek. Give Zelda some respect for once.

Anyway, to my question. For those that Play with Zelda and never use shiek in battle. Why did you Pick her over shiek, knowing that shiek is like top dog and its always shiek this and shiek that?

My Reason? Because there is way to many shieks and not enough Zelda playyers around. And they always bad mouth Zelda and I dont like it and think its fair to other Zelda players that have to listen to this. Some started out as Zelda and said "oh look at all this stuff about shiek, I want her over Zelda. She is fast and blah blah blah" Yes I cant stand shiek because of reasons like this, not because of how she is in the game.

So whats your reason for playing Zelda?

Oh and I main Peach, My Second best character I have is Zelda

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I occasionally play Zelda, just for the fact Sheik's a ***** and Zelda is probably the c00lest character in the game period. And not many people play her or know how to play against her.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
omg, where has this thread been all my life, i use zelda all the time probably my main, i also use shiek alot, zelda is too much fun to play with, also shes good for kills, and she can control the pace of the match against alot of characters

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
dude, blackshadow i hope you dont main ganon, and your talking about zelda, because i will mm you 2000$ a match, you scrub

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I occasionally play Zelda, just for the fact Sheik's a ***** and Zelda is probably the c00lest character in the game period. And not many people play her or know how to play against her.
I feel the same way as you, Which is why I have her as my second best character. I like to see the looks on peoples faces when they lose to Zelda

omg, where has this thread been all my life, i use zelda all the time probably my main, i also use shiek alot, zelda is too much fun to play with, also shes good for kills, and she can control the pace of the match against alot of characters

Ha ha ha. But Zelda can beat any character in this game. All you need is two things, patients and good mindgames. with that you should beat any character in the game. It wont be easy, but it is possible

D

Deleted member

while I play zelda, I've been playing a lot more sheik lately.

why? she's fun and something new.

Ha ha ha. But Zelda can beat any character in this game. All you need is two things, patients and good mindgames. with that you should beat any character in the game. It wont be easy, but it is possible
lol what. Zelda cannot beat fox or marth, at least.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
lol what. Zelda cannot beat fox or marth, at least.
Uh, Dude, yes she can Foxes are fast fallers and she can chain grabbed them, they are not hard to combo. and as for marth, patients out your azz is the key to beat him and mindgames of course. there is not one character in this game that Zelda cant beat

D

Deleted member

What do you know about patience, you can't even be patient enough to learn how to spell the noun form of the word.

Zelda cannot beat fox or Marth.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
are you joking? zelda can't beat marth or fox. "she can chaingrab fox"

Sure, she can, on FD. her throw goes high enough to get to a platform. Forget the point of even GETTING A GRAB on a fox that even knows L cancelling exists. Not to mention if the fox just feels like running laser spamming, zelda is NOT gonna catch him.

As for marth zelda can **** marth up if she gets in on him, but a marth with good spacing or who plays husband style is just gonna **** any zelda

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Zelda can beat Fox or Marth, it's just that Fox and Marth (along with any other higher tiered character) will have a significant advantage in the matchup. So, the Zelda will need better mindgames, making the Zelda player the better player if she wins. Same thing could be said about any other character in the lower tiers vs. any other character in the higher tiers.

Jack Lavender

Smash Cadet
I used to main Zelda. Then switched to sheik, to like win and stuff. Haha. No, it was just a matter of comfort and prefences changing. I wish i could zelda still... v_v

But yeah, i think it's just a matter of how comfortable you are with the characters.

I remember fighting a zelda main once. He was beating me really bad until he felt like switching to sheik. Then i started catching up. He had to switch to zelda to make sure he won. It would have been a four stock if he stuck with zelda.

Jash

Smash Lord
What do you know about patience, you can't even be patient enough to learn how to spell the noun form of the word.

Zelda cannot beat fox or Marth.
The true question here my friend is, what do YOU know about patience? And if you are a true Zelda player, you would know that Zelda owns Fox. Maybe not Marth because of his range but Fox can definitely get owned by Zelda.

Wrath`

Smash Master
The true question here my friend is, what do YOU know about patience? And if you are a true Zelda player, you would know that Zelda owns Fox. Maybe not Marth because of his range but Fox can definitely get owned by Zelda.
Ownig fox,falco.SURE you keep thinking that.
Zelda's too light weght and sheek dosn't have a true finishing move so I dont use them much

path411

Smash Cadet
everyone wants to be non conformist and use a crappy character with no potential like zelda, keep dreaming that every character is equal, in any game ever created that has several characters, there will always be a few that maybe a skilled player can beat a crappy player with but will never stand a chance against an equally skilled person.

Jash

Smash Lord
everyone wants to be non conformist and use a crappy character with no potential like zelda, keep dreaming that every character is equal, in any game ever created that has several characters, there will always be a few that maybe a skilled player can beat a crappy player with but will never stand a chance against an equally skilled person.
You know guy, your right. No one in this game is even, they never will be no matter how you put it. But even if you say any character suks, they really don't. People say Fox suks because too many uses him, and i have learned that is a very stupid reason for blaming it on the character. Zelda may not be a great character to you guys, and the reason is because we are comparing her to someone that everyone loves and uses. And for some reason it makes you angry enough to start saying that Zelda suks. It doesn't matter who you use, you can win with ANYONE. oh and FYI, NO ONE is equally skilled in anything. Someone is always one step ahead of you or one step behind you. The End!

path411

Smash Cadet
You know guy, your right. No one in this game is even, they never will be no matter how you put it. But even if you say any character suks, they really don't. People say Fox suks because too many uses him, and i have learned that is a very stupid reason for blaming it on the character. Zelda may not be a great character to you guys, and the reason is because we are comparing her to someone that everyone loves and uses. And for some reason it makes you angry enough to start saying that Zelda suks. It doesn't matter who you use, you can win with ANYONE. oh and FYI, NO ONE is equally skilled in anything. Someone is always one step ahead of you or one step behind you. The End!

so in your opinion fox sucks cuz he is too popular?like I said, stop trying to be a non conformist, alot of people "might" use him because he is very good.

right..... the best zelda totally has a chance against the best of almost any char used in tournys.
isn't the basist of how good a character is, is from comparing against the other characters in the game?

okay, even if no one is equally skilled, you would have to be several lunges ahead of anyone to win with zelda.

yeah... fighting games NEVER have crappy chars...

Wrath`

Smash Master
Sertiant charecters do suck.Pichu sucks period.You could get relly good with any bad charecter and still potentual have a n00b beat you.It's taking a potentialy bad charecter and make him great that makes you a skilled player.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
man...zelda is the kinda character u pick so when u verse some less skilled people u can pick her and get some wins off while having a lot of fun doing it...like in tournament...i have picked pika a lot in the early rounds to pwn people wit an offbeat character and have more fun dat way...i play zelda occassionly just to mix it up...but there is just no point in maining her...peace

-hiroshi
worst fl smasher

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
It looks like Mow beat me to it. Zelda suffers from te same bad match ups as Jigglypuff except a bajillion times worse cuz Zelda is not very good. The only reason I use her is because I'm dumb like that. I also use DK, he sux too.

Basically, don't main Zelda expecting to do well.

Valamirgrimm

Smash Rookie
Why do we even argue about this stuff? Who cares who the best character in the game is. Everything is about mind games and comfortability. Who the best character is really shouldn't matter. Everyone has to be "HARDKORE" and insult every other character, save the ones they play as. I use whatever char I feel like using. I am a Zelda player most often, myself, but I don't use her to "non-conform." I use her because I like to play video-games as female characters, but I just can't get Peach down for some reason. I even read the beginner's guide to Peach, but... Regardless, I don't much like Samus. And I *gasp* switch back and forth between Sheik and Zelda *gasp* mid-battle. They ARE the same character. I use Sheik to set up combos, and Zelda to finish them, most often. When I'm playing as Zelda, it's mainly Fair, Bair. I use almost every move Sheik has. I even use the chain, just to confuse people. XD *Ahem* "War is about deception." To make one think you are bad by pulling stupid stunts. I wouldn't even bother arguing the point. But, that's just me. I almost always use the characters that no one likes. Why? Because I do like them. End of story. In the end, it shouldn't be about winning or "Who's the best?", It should be about having fun using the characters one likes. Enough said. I find it funny that everyone has to win everything. I know there are people who could kick my *** as PICHU while I play as Zelda (I mean it. It's happened.), but I don't puke in digust. I can beat that same person while he plays as Dr. Mario (or Marth, even) , and I as Zelda. And believe me, he is much better with those two than Pichu.

Conclusion: Battle is more about mind games than resources. (i.e. Character moves)

Now, regarding why I play as Zelda, doesn't anyone else find it funny to use Farore's Wind on a level platform, and confuse people? "Over here! Oops, too slow. Over Here!" Sure most things are faster, but Farore's Wind covers one hell of a distance. XDD Seriously, though. I am sure it was all in the best interest of "n00bs" that the tiers were created, however, it causes undue strife among "HARDKORE" gamers that won't admit that the character they are using is not as high and mighty as they think he/she is. There is NO character that is USELESS against EVEN ONE other character. Just let it go. Take a deep breath, and calm down. This thread, and all like it, are inflammitory, and unsightly disgraces to all boards that host them. BUT, they are only made that way by people who INSIST on flaming the Zelda players.

Conclusion: Just have fun, and stop bickering. The game will seem much better.

Now, on a related example, I once had a M:TG deck. I thought the deck up, myself. I even went and bought the cards one by one, putting the thing together by hand. It had mana troubles, but it owned. I lost it. *sniffle* I have a deck that has a different strategy, now, but it could be considered much better. I own with this one, too. Yay 18/18 with flying! <.< >.> <.< *Ahem* Well, anyways, this new deck just doesn't have the same flare to me as my old deck did. I want the old one back. I wish I still had it.

Moral of the story: It is not what is better, but what is more comfortable. That which one puts one's heart into making will always be that which they are more fond of. The same goes for training in SSBM. If you put your heart into training as Zelda, you will always be more fond of Zelda. Enough said.

(Note: The tone of this was meant to be slightly humorous. Not the kind that makes you laugh, but the kind that can't be taken far too seriously. Please don't be offended by anything. It was not meant to offend, but I'm far too lazy to proofread, and re-write. XDD)

Btw, the last two guys had it right. Good men.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
Why do we even argue about this stuff? Who cares who the best character in the game is. Everything is about mind games and comfortability. Who the best character is really shouldn't matter. Everyone has to be "HARDKORE" and insult every other character, save the ones they play as. I use whatever char I feel like using. I am a Zelda player most often, myself, but I don't use her to "non-conform." I use her because I like to play video-games as female characters, but I just can't get Peach down for some reason. I even read the beginner's guide to Peach, but... Regardless, I don't much like Samus. And I *gasp* switch back and forth between Sheik and Zelda *gasp* mid-battle. They ARE the same character. I use Sheik to set up combos, and Zelda to finish them, most often. When I'm playing as Zelda, it's mainly Fair, Bair. I use almost every move Sheik has. I even use the chain, just to confuse people. XD *Ahem* "War is about deception." To make one think you are bad by pulling stupid stunts. I wouldn't even bother arguing the point. But, that's just me. I almost always use the characters that no one likes. Why? Because I do like them. End of story. In the end, it shouldn't be about winning or "Who's the best?", It should be about having fun using the characters one likes. Enough said. I find it funny that everyone has to win everything. I know there are people who could kick my *** as PICHU while I play as Zelda (I mean it. It's happened.), but I don't puke in digust. I can beat that same person while he plays as Dr. Mario (or Marth, even) , and I as Zelda. And believe me, he is much better with those two than Pichu.

Conclusion: Battle is more about mind games than resources. (i.e. Character moves)

Now, regarding why I play as Zelda, doesn't anyone else find it funny to use Farore's Wind on a level platform, and confuse people? "Over here! Oops, too slow. Over Here!" Sure most things are faster, but Farore's Wind covers one hell of a distance. XDD Seriously, though. I am sure it was all in the best interest of "n00bs" that the tiers were created, however, it causes undue strife among "HARDKORE" gamers that won't admit that the character they are using is not as high and mighty as they think he/she is. There is NO character that is USELESS against EVEN ONE other character. Just let it go. Take a deep breath, and calm down. This thread, and all like it, are inflammitory, and unsightly disgraces to all boards that host them. BUT, they are only made that way by people who INSIST on flaming the Zelda players.

Conclusion: Just have fun, and stop bickering. The game will seem much better.

Now, on a related example, I once had a M:TG deck. I thought the deck up, myself. I even went and bought the cards one by one, putting the thing together by hand. It had mana troubles, but it owned. I lost it. *sniffle* I have a deck that has a different strategy, now, but it could be considered much better. I own with this one, too. Yay 18/18 with flying! <.< >.> <.< *Ahem* Well, anyways, this new deck just doesn't have the same flare to me as my old deck did. I want the old one back. I wish I still had it.

Moral of the story: It is not what is better, but what is more comfortable. That which one puts one's heart into making will always be that which they are more fond of. The same goes for training in SSBM. If you put your heart into training as Zelda, you will always be more fond of Zelda. Enough said.

(Note: The tone of this was meant to be slightly humorous. Not the kind that makes you laugh, but the kind that can't be taken far too seriously. Please don't be offended by anything. It was not meant to offend, but I'm far too lazy to proofread, and re-write. XDD)

Btw, the last two guys had it right. Good men.
everyone, why dont we listen to the noob who signed up today? im sure he knows a lot about the game...:laugh:

btw before you start argueing that you're not a noob," the ARE the same character" comment proves your noobiness.

Valamirgrimm

Smash Rookie
everyone, why dont we listen to the noob who signed up today? im sure he knows a lot about the game...:laugh:

btw before you start argueing that you're not a noob," the ARE the same character" comment proves your noobiness.
*Sigh* You certainly are kind. However, the question of the thread was "Why play as Zelda?" Can we stick to that, PLEASE? And assuming I've never been on the site before simply because I only found myself bored enough to sign on and argue today is ludicrious. Regardless, to pick Sheik, you must pick Zelda. There is no Sheik icon. I said you were right! The reason for picking Zelda is to have fun. And I am a NOOB!!! NOOB! Yes, get it out of your system. I wonder thought if you are paying attention to words. This is a GAME. Why so competitive on a board about why people play as Zelda, DESPITE how poor she is? As far as my comment about them being the same character, I consider them to be such, despite what everyone else says. I think of it like other fighting games that have characters with multiple stances. Like Nightmare from Soul Calibur 2. Do you not digress that, at least as far as the story goes, Sheik IS Zelda? Merely Zelda, in a costume, using a different form of attacks. I don't know about THE GAME, but I do play games for absurd hours of the day. This is for FUN, not competition. I was wondering why everyone insists on arguing is all.

Jash

Smash Lord
Basically lets just stay to topic. And all you Zelda haters who come just to say Zelda suks, Just go somewhere else. Its not good always hearing the same crap about the same character. If she suks..whatever we don't care. We like to use her and thats the point. Back to topic people.

Joe 4'Sho

Smash Cadet
yes, Zelda might be the most fun character in the game. i like to play a zelda/sheik transform combo occasionally, but not very often. i suppose it can keep the opponent guessing, plus you have twice the moveset. and zelda makes up for sheik not having a spike. haha DAIR FTW

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Why fight about this, I did not make this thread for a fight to brake out. Im gonna end this here and now. You have good mindgames and are smart, its not impossible to win. against some characters it is very hard, yes. But not impossible Mindgames is what you need and playing smart. Fights over reguardless of wether you hate Zelda or not, or are a shiek fan or always go with the higher tier FTW. Its over

Now back to topic before they close this thread.

Zoap

Smash Master
Since I know Kawn(K-balls) rarely goes on the boards and never to this section ill post what he told me after some asked him this very question.

He said that playing a top tier character would be to easy and mainstream. He feels that Zelda is good choice, and he wishes to make her as great as possible. He can play all the characters in the game(even the high tier ones) and is rather good with fox,falco,sheik and marth. He still chooses never to use them in tourney(besides teams and even then its rare)he insteads relys on his cast of very talented and vast selection of lower tier chars(Ganon is about as high as he goes these days) to compete in tournaments.

As of late it exactly as Umbreon Mow said, Marth and Fox have hindered his love for his game and Zelda in particular, but he still plays when he is in the mood. Thats his story spoken from me :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Now that one player I truly respect. We need more like him. I feel just like repping him for being that way

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Since I know Kawn(K-balls) rarely goes on the boards and never to this section ill post what he told me after some asked him this very question.

He said that playing a top tier character would be to easy and mainstream.
maybe people who play zelda just want to have a perma-john

D

Deleted member

Careful there, I'm the best Zelda player in your location (the USA). My opinion should carry some authority with that as a credential.

I played smash today and played zelda for 2 straight hours. It was great.

And I love Fox, I play him, I just acknowledge that Zelda can't beat him.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Zelda has and advantage because so few people use her.
since so few use her, few know how to go real good against her. the same applies with characters like Kirby, Mewtwo, and Pichu.

and besides, being able to brag liis fun. saying:
"you just got shipped by a girl in a pink dress" is always a favorite.
or (sorry to get off topic) you just got shang-hai'd by someone half your size! (Pika/Pichu)

as for Tera, she uses Zelda much more than Shiek, (but still uses both) but like the trophy says: knowing when to switch is key.

~Tera253~
~Tera253~

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I play Zelda because low tiers are thrilling on multiple levels. Whether you're out to prove something or to embarrass scrubs, maining Zelda has its less-than-obvious benefits.

Plus if you use the Sheik-Zelda recovery trick at all it helps to know how to fight as Zelda until you get an opening to Transform back...

And no, she really can't lay a finger on Marths or Foxes that know what they're doing. Aggressive Foxes maybe, but never a competent Marth.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
i just main Sheik because i'm a noob at Smash... you know... because i signed up just a month ago or something...

Top Bottom