• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Main or use Zelda ?

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Zelda can beat the crap out of Marth...with her Down B...but anywhoo...sheik is my secondary character and i just started picking up zelda after seeing the Royal Blood video (look it up on youtube if u haven't seen it). I dont expect to win often with her, but i have found it usefull in throwing ppl off who dont know how to fight her. Also, when needing to recover as zelda, its best for me to stay as her, get a Fair or Bair before i transform back to sheik, but i am developing my Zelda skills so i can toy around with them a little longer b4 returning to sheik. Also, maybe a reason for ppl playing low tiers is cuz its more of a challenge. Dont you hate when a game is too easy? its much easier to win with top tier characters, but its more rewarding if you win with a character thats supposed to suck compared to others. Zelda is good for mindgames, and if you play with her for..say half the match...your opponent might even 4get that sheik is available, so when u do transform they'll be like ''oh crap they just moved 98473597385 spaces up the tier list"

darkatma

Smash Hero
Zelda can beat the crap out of Marth...with her Down B...but anywhoo...sheik is my secondary character and i just started picking up zelda after seeing the Royal Blood video (look it up on youtube if u haven't seen it). I dont expect to win often with her, but i have found it usefull in throwing ppl off who dont know how to fight her. Also, when needing to recover as zelda, its best for me to stay as her, get a Fair or Bair before i transform back to sheik, but i am developing my Zelda skills so i can toy around with them a little longer b4 returning to sheik. Also, maybe a reason for ppl playing low tiers is cuz its more of a challenge. Dont you hate when a game is too easy? its much easier to win with top tier characters, but its more rewarding if you win with a character thats supposed to suck compared to others. Zelda is good for mindgames, and if you play with her for..say half the match...your opponent might even 4get that sheik is available, so when u do transform they'll be like ''oh crap they just moved 98473597385 spaces up the tier list"
Lol uh.. okay.

There are 4 zelda combo videos out(5 counting Elana's very artistic zelda, It's called "Zelda Highlights"), I'd say all of them are pretty good in their own special way. (BTW the 4 are: Royal Blood by Lavagolem33/ADAD, Them High Heels Make Me Horny by Dojima [lol i love the song], Twilight Princess by Emmy, and my own Princess of Light =])

Ryoko told me he was gonna make one.. but he hasnt been able to move his lazeee *** to do it :p. Lazy. Mow i hear is making one too. Yay for zelda.

And uh yea good choices............. i guess. for playing zelda :p sorta

Zone

Smash Champion
I play Zelda ALOT recently. Dunno what sparked my interest but it happened. And now I realize How much Zelda causes alot of players to go Defensive like crazy.

As for Zelda vs Fox match up.

If your fighting a very technical fox who has very good knowledge of the game and so does the Zelda. The Zelda has to climb a Mountain to win while the fox runs over a hill. Yes Zelda can beat fox, But ratio of wins/losses Will be in fox's favor.

However I particularly like Zelda vs Captain Falcon, Link, Peach, (Maybe falco? It feels like more work) Ganon, Luigi, Mario, Dr.Mario. I often change ot shiek when I am losing, or to change my style. Zelda only has so many tools available to her. So after my opponent catches on to Zelda I'll often change to shiek. (I kinda suck with shiek btw)

I <3 Zelda as a character. I have matches up on Youtube. of a Zelda vs Marth even though I did change to shiek half way into the match. I did however change while I was ahead with Zelda but I sensed he was picking up on my game. Dash dance is all I have against marth players. I wait for the approach DAsh dance away and back in with a foward A or a kick.

I'm at work right now I don't have a link but I wasn't planning on showing any of my vids until I had alot of them uploaded adn I was gonna ask this community for any options I may not have realized I had. like
"Omg why didn't u DI right there?"
"Oh I can?"
"yea duh"
"My bad ^^;"

Anyways I like playing Zelda, I do believe she is underrated alot. But still not way up there with the big chars.

PS: If you want to take a look at how I approach Marth I wouldn't mind taking some advice or IF you think I have it down quite well

Go to youtube Search with the words "Zone Newb SSBM" just look for me as Zelda vs MArth ^^;

I love idea of low tiers vs High tiers I dunno why.

Zone

Smash Champion
Well, the alternative is low vs. low (eh) or high vs. high (anticlimactic), so that makes sense.
Right, but that doesn't alter the fact that alot of people I know (Which is limited mind you). Most people I know like high teir match ups. and it's always looked for. So I figured My taste for Low vs High Tier wasn't common.

I mean I could be wrong but that's why I didn't know why.

I'm just assuming you're saying "Of course you like this match up cuz only other choices are this and this Duh" lol

Top Bottom