• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Hayate, do you think I could get a ride with you, when you pick up Steve to this month's shinobi?

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
I never seen anything past the freiza saga in the anime. :(

So all my DBZ exp is through the fighting games. :bee:

Cell is a ****ing man...

...rest don't matter.
kid buu ftw man, hes so ****in BA for being a pink guy

btw the swap magic's still purring like a kitten - i play kh2fm almost every day STILL

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
if anybody gets a random facebook pm from a girl named marissa plz forward it to me for laughs cuz i think this girl is prepped to go ballistic

BIG C

Smash Master
Clearly Berserk manga > anime, if they ever continue the anime which they won't I might change my mind. DBZ it was all about Gohan til after the cell saga. And Trigun is the ****.

chansen

Smash Lord
Yessssss starcraft.
I've been playing with tongji a lot lately, been considering trying to get a WI starcraft league going.
lol, im scrub status for sure dude... but my roommate is teaching me the ropes.

Watched Karas again, loved it.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
alright. so for about two weeks i have failed in trying to figure out how to use Dazzle to play my ps2/ps3 on my laptop with no lag (think of it as me trying to use my laptop as a monitor to play my ps2/ps3).

since obviously, i'm not using it for what it's supposed to be used for. :laugh:

i haven't bought spitters...yet. since the guy from best buy (who waz a complete douche to me on the phone btw) told me i'd be a "freakin idiot" if I bought some for dazzle.

I dunno. but i'd like to figure out a way i can play my ps2/ps3 on my laptop laglessly (word?).

also, i heard dazzle can be used for streaming. anyone know how that's done properly. I think I have a good idea, but i just wanna know specifics.

Anyone wanna suggest a better program? Cheaper/Free and more effective?

...to do both I mentioned above?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
it's unlikely you'll be able to play with no lag, especially since dazzle is USB based. Streaming should be no problem, if you use a website like ustream or livestream, it should automatically recognize your Dazzle with no hassle whatsoever.

Splitters work fine, although the quality will go down a bit. I streamed my Blast Corps marathons for SDA by feeding my N64 into a VCR (to record), then splitting the VCR output to go between my TV (to play on) and my Dazzle (to stream). But to say you're a "freakin idiot" to use splitters with dazzle, well, leave it to a retail monkey to not know what the **** he's talking about.

Again, it's unlikely you'll get Dazzle to be lagless or even playable, but you could try the free program Virtualdub ( http://www.virtualdub.org/ ). I remember that giving me the least lag (although it was still noticeable), but then again that was using my PCI capture card on my PC. I guess that could work for RPG's or something but fighting/FPS games are probably not going to be playable on Dazzle.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
from my experience when you use something like a vcr to split (assuming it's got different outputs built in) you lose less quality because the split is actually powered through the device's power supply. splitters without power take the quality down a lot faster.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'm learning Karas too, he's pretty rediculous, infinite shield pressure.

So here's the list of people from Madison going to SMYM:

Me
Gibby
Zicore
Vino
Sanchez

I think Zicore is taking his own car, so that's the other 4 of us in mine. I'm planning on going on Friday night to Sveet's fest, and leaving from there to SMYM the next morning.

Is everyone cool with that / did I miss anyone?

Top Bottom