• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Willz's Leicester Monthlies (Brawl + Melee): Next Date is 10th OR 17th December

Yeniths

East Midlands!
If you actually want to come jo3 i could probably get your ticket and you could pay me back in September.

Let me know :)

J03

Smash Master
LOL i just got owned, I gotta work on Saturday 3-9pm, i just had 2 weeks off so i cant really ask for a shift change.

Is it mainly just the Saturday or are people around Sunday onwards?

J03

Smash Master
hey guys, my fest is in either 1 or 3 weeks time, ill move discussion to NW thread so to not cramp willz style.

hope this fest goes well and i intend to make the next one :)

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
I will need 3 extra melees and 1 gamecube.
Bring memory cards as well :)

And GP bring your wii, brawl and microphone as well plz :)

Tomorrow is gonna be stacked and ****ing awesome, look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

:phone:

LJ: singles is my main priority im agraid, should have enough time for doubles as well though :)

Brado

Smash Lord
Results :

Melee
1. Prof
2. Tamoo
3. Alpha dash
4. LJ
5. Gm jack
5. Yeniths
7. Willz
7. Brado
Idk rest

Brawl

1. Willz
2. GP
3. Brado
4. Alpha dash
5. Prof
5. Tamoo

:phone:

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I didn't play his Roy :p

I lost to Alpha Dash in a close game then lost to LJ in the closest game in my life. I can't john tho, just got a bit unlucky this time.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Imma do some shoutouts, but first I wanna thank everyone for coming, was really an awesome fest, and probably my favourite one I hosted :)

Think you guys all owe my mum a big thanks next time you see her for giving you guys lifts and making pizza & hotdogs :p

Shoutouts:

golden-psyco: Only brawler that came lol. I'll admit in WF you beat me pretty badly tbh lol, but in GF I was taking no ****. MK all dai son. Thanks for coming man, showed me how well the Brawl scenes progressed in the past year, and I will do my best to try and make Blastzone 2 considering it's only fair because you made it all the way to Leicester for this :)

Professor Pro: **** roy.... fun brawl games loool. you left you're controller here btw dude. i am now in posession of profs controller, omg i am gonna become best in UK. thanks for the friendlies vs your fox btw, i've got a long way to go but I'm determined that by next year I'll be a lot closer to your level :)

Alpha Dash: didn't get to play you on melee or brawl man besides in doubles, which was sorta lame... you know you and prof got lucky in melee dubs :L

Tamoo: didn't get to play you in singles either... and GF's were boring as fuuuuck

L-J & gm jack: didn't even realise you guys were coming by car lol, make sure the rest of your crew comes next time! and gm jack i will get my revenge >=)

George & Tim: hope you guys enjoyed your first tournament guys, although my ones are pretty different from Londons lol. I didn't get to play you in singles Tim so I can't really judge you, but George your C.Falcon was looking kinda nice. Just work on using more nair, didn't really see any use of that move :/ (sorry im **** at advice)

Brado: WOO WOO WOO! YOU KNOW IT! 2nd best brawler in LC, took out them Croydon brawl scrubs prof n dash. and won brawl dubs, rapealape.

Yeniths: wtf George, i didnt even get to play you either :l i'm disappointed to **** :'(
i'll see you at a tourney/fest soon i guess :p

Calzum: 45 stone virgin lool

sophie: stfu

dan: gay

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Willzzzz would you post the controller to Prof? If so I'l tell him to give you his address lol.

L-J

Smash Ace
Joe - Prof did go all Roy and beat me legitly (his punish game vs fox is very solid and he has the reads to do so even with the worse character cus he's good and stuff. AD didn't play him though and Tamoo went random against him in WFs. Was one of the luckiest strings of randoms i've ever seen lol, i think it was Marth, Zelda/Sheik, JIGGS (which Prof cudn't do much against), Peach, Mario. He went Zelda and Kirby in GFs I think and it lasted forever I thought I'd die ha.

Anyway some shoutouts:

Willz - Thanks for hosting :) Your falco looks good keep it up! Does the laptop charger being dead mean the recorded games are dead also?

Tamoo - You looked so wrecked by the end of this lol. Sorry for cheering against you in GFs I literally wanted it to end asap no matter the outcome and Prof was ahead hahaha. HF in Japan assuming I don't see you before then.

Prof - Yeah yeah lol. Your punishes and knowledge of the matchup were just about enough but if you ever pull it out again I won't be so merciful :p Good to know you're not thinking of quitting and I know all about wanting to get away from Fox for a little bit however you wanna do it so yeah do what you wanna do :)

AD - GGs. You're very solid in the Fox matchup. If I had to give general advice for you stepping it up even further, from watching you play other people at this I'd say try and focus on getting other common matchups (including Peach- I know it's super gay for ICs but stick with them, it'll be better for you in the end than having to go a secondary for her imo) as good as your Fox matchup and maybe try and take away just a little emphasis from the grab game cus then you could be even more solid all round when maybe the grabs are hard to come by. I look forward to our next meeting :)

George - I don't even know how I won that set but jeez it was nervewracking at the end. I knew I'd live to regret the SD at the end of game 1 and honestly thought it'd cost me the set, and I genuinely felt bad for winning lol. Keep it up anyway man the fox is super sex.

Jack - We already talked so I won't bother on here lol.

Everyone else - Nice seeing/playing you all :)

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Nah the games will still be there on the hard drive man, the charger hasn't been charging my laptops battery for ages, it's just been powering the laptop somehow instead of charging it. I think the reason it died was because it's been on non-stop for over 12hours.

My dads going to pop into the IT department at his work and see if he can find any chargers available that'll work with my laptop or see if they can fix it.

Once I can upload the matches, I will do.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, is there much point doing the Birmingham monthlies anymore? Seems like this is just way better haha (price wise and venue wise), would people still be willing to come to the Birmingham ones if I organised them?

Not too bothered either way, if people are then cool I'll get one sorted for September, if not then I'll just leave it and we'll make Willz stuff the Midlands Monthlies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
was funtimes. i officially suck at melee, been playing this morning and jeus christ i just cant get on with this game, its gonig to have to be a case of one or the other sadly, and we all know which game i prefer :(

shoutouts!

Willz: Thanks a ton for hosting, it was good fun, even if i was absolutely terrible at melee XD I need to learn that meta matchup. i exhuasted all my mindgames and reading to even get close to beating meta XD

Alpha-Dash: My winning from you bought a Irn-Bru. jsut thought you should know ^^. Your R.O.B is pretty good, you need to 'panic d-smash' a little less though. a lot of characters can punish you hard if they shield it. Also, dashing a little less and walking around it a better optino in brawl as it enables you to f-tilt as soon as they get in range, and as youve seen its got incredibly good range!

Prof: Roys the boy, all day erryday. Also your brawl marth is pretty good. you just need to get the timing of landing aerials when they shield to make it unpunishable, also there are a few marth gimmicks you need to look at such as throw to fsmash combo's and TJL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4YFhQEHO7k) and also, remember to watch out for ganon. hes too good in brawl :B

Brado: Alas, no revenge for you this time! your olimars pretty beastly, certainly better than at GT2. look forward to seeing you at any future events

Fabulousgeorge and tim: Cheers for booknig my tickets for me and for making my journey there much more bearable, the miscommunication was a shame. but it happens, untill next time!

Everyone else: Good to see you all, your all oblidged to come to blastzone 2 now. ill post in here when i get the thread up xD

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, is there much point doing the Birmingham monthlies anymore? Seems like this is just way better haha (price wise and venue wise), would people still be willing to come to the Birmingham ones if I organised them?

Not too bothered either way, if people are then cool I'll get one sorted for September, if not then I'll just leave it and we'll make Willz stuff the Midlands Monthlies.
Imma change these to 'bi-monthlies' because that's what they basically are haha

I can have more set-ups and have more room at my monthlies. There's also lots of food & drink for a small price as well. Which is probably the only positives tbh.

I enjoy going to Birmingham and travelling as well :p

So it's up to you man :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I think you should host birmingham in term time as myself, tamao are close to brum for uni come like october so it would be good to get them going again then I think :D

Top Bottom