• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
@ bad logic: that makes me better than the best player in the US lol. Awesome. :awesome:

I has questions for you woofs.
How do you guys punish tornado?
What percent does your uair kill mk, and zamus? Also your downsmash?

Also you turned one of my favorite peach mains into a wolf main...WHY???? D:
Well, you can interrupt the tornado with a bair at the top corner, a blaster from afar, an airborne shine (grounded shine works too but the lack of mobility makes it harder to hit), and like all characters, a well-timed pivot grab :p

Idk about %s at which our uair kills... but you should be using fair for kills since it has superior knockback :3 Don't quote me on this, because it always depends on stage position and DI (people with awesome DI annoy me :<), but you'll probably kill MK and ZSS around 130-140% with a fresh dsmash, off the top of my head.

And it's because... idk, just look at Wolf, then look at Peach. Words can't even describe how much cooler Wolf is :coolmonke

i cped fd and he stayed, and i mained falco before mk so i know the mu

i just empty shed until he did something shot one laser
and then stood near the ledge until he approached and got a grab :awesome:
You are a horrible person. lol

shine or dsmash wreck nado
Dsmash?...

:059:

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
*namesearches* I think you did fine against me KRD. I have 0 wolf experience so I didn't really know what I was doing either, so I basically learned it on the spot. I think the reason I won was because of spacing really. You were throwing out a lot of back-aerials, but I was jumping just out of range of them and then punishing the lag afterwards and your landing. Also, Yoshi's neutral-B (egg-lay) beats everything you have in the air because of its grab invincibility (once a character gets hit by that move, Yoshi is completely invincible until you pop out as an egg). I can't really say how good/bad the match-up is honestly because as I said, you're the first Wolf main that I've played. If you go to the January Hobo, we need to play a lot of friendlies, cause I wanna know what is so bad about the match-up myself honestly.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Alright, thanks for the tips. A lot of times I don't realize what it is I'm doing wrong unless I record and watch the videos later. And yeah, I should be at the January HOBO. I want to find out why that matchup is supposed to be so good for wolf.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I has questions for you woofs.
How do you guys punish tornado?
What percent does your uair kill mk, and zamus? Also your downsmash?

Also you turned one of my favorite peach mains into a wolf main...WHY???? D:
Uair takes awhile to kill unless you kill at the top. Fair is much easier and better to kill with. Fresh fair kills Mk and Zss both around 130-140ish.

Dsmash 120-130ish if it's fresh.

Tornado can be punished by jumpshine, bair at the top, nair at the top, or laser. Both the hilt and laser part of Wolf's B move beat nado.
shine or dsmash wreck nado
Dsmash can't beat nado even if it's charged unless you hit the Mk on startup.

tekkie

Smash Master
alright info needed plz

when you side B to a ledge what part of the snap determines whether the telestep is gonna happen? its slightly above right? ive been experimenting a lot and its always either go past the ledge or just grab it. i can do it at random *** times but not others. when i try to space it, it never works. halp :c

also, retrating lazors are nice but it doesnt seem to work out of the initial dash animation; any ideas on how to retreat just a little bit and laser? maybe just walk or something perhaps

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Seagull is now the biggest troll on the wolf boards. He says Pika can't chain grab Wolf until 40% :troll:

Wario can only cg if he is biker Wario. Regular Wario's dthrow doesn't have the same physics.

In all seriousness, Pika can't Dthrow Wolf till around 20% according to Michael Hey's thread. He can still Fthrow Cg at 0 to lead into it.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Wario can only cg if he is biker Wario. Regular Wario's dthrow doesn't have the same physics.

In all seriousness, Pika can't Dthrow Wolf till around 20% according to Michael Hey's thread. He can still Fthrow Cg at 0 to lead into it.
Damn son get ur facts straight the Pika dthrow CG will work til ur past 60%

Stop leading helpless wofls to their demises

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Uair takes awhile to kill unless you kill at the top. Fair is much easier and better to kill with. Fresh fair kills Mk and Zss both around 130-140ish.

Dsmash 120-130ish if it's fresh.

Tornado can be punished by jumpshine, bair at the top, nair at the top, or laser. Both the hilt and laser part of Wolf's B move beat nado.

Dsmash can't beat nado even if it's charged unless you hit the Mk on startup.
any ground move that does over 10% beats nado ._. (not multihit)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If you need something to take GOOD care if Pikachu. Just pick up Diddy. It's what I'm doing. Diddy also kinda ***** DDD.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
But most Mk's just tornado at Wolf's head where Dsmash won't reach. I think Wolf's utilt does 10%, but I don't think it can beat nado O_o.

I do alt Mk and have a pocket Marth.
well obviously it has to be the right spacing but if they are coming low i.e. from sharking or the ledge dsmash is great

and some moves work within that rule but are way to hard to space reasonably in a tournament setting, i.e. ganons ftilt

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
So hold up. 10% or MORE, or above 10%?... because if I can kill MKs through tornado with utilt I'm going to be the happiest man alive.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
NO DON'T ASK HIM he's first on my list of people to utilt out of tornado lmao xD

I'll confirm this in a few days when JJ comes over and get back to everyone I guess. Utilt for best move ever :awesome:

castorpollux

Smash Champion
NO DON'T ASK HIM he's first on my list of people to utilt out of tornado lmao xD

I'll confirm this in a few days when JJ comes over and get back to everyone I guess. Utilt for best move ever :awesome:

utilt only does 10% if it's sweet spotted

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The second hit of Usmash does 12 percent. I can't test at the moment because my Wii isn't working. I need a new usb. Ugh.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Got a new usb and re-iso adding. 16 gb this time so I can fit another game for free :awesome:.

This asian lady in my Education 388 class on our last day of class brought in clementines. Is that very asian JJ?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Tiny oranges. Looks like I bought the wrong Usb type. What a waste of money. Goddamnit. I'll just buy an 8 gb from radioshack by sandisk that I know is compatible with the Wii. Ugh.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Tiny oranges. Looks like I bought the wrong Usb type. What a waste of money. Goddamnit. I'll just buy an 8 gb from radioshack by sandisk that I know is compatible with the Wii. Ugh.
You should be able to able to reformat it using a utility you can find using google, i forget the name

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I think it's wbfs manager. Try downloading it and see if it gives you the option to reformat the disk. When my friend hacked her Wii, I'm pretty sure she was given that option, so hopefully this will help.

edit:
link: http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/

Yea, judging by the description you should be able to format it. Good luck
That's what I already have and do. My usb just isn't compatible with the Wii. I'm just going to buy a sandisk one from radioshack tomorrow 8 gb for 20 bucks. I know that's compatible and I already have my iso on my computer. Just need to use WBFS 3.0 to format and transfer it.

Top Bottom